Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700199 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZfZF3gMBk
What a goal. I hope forumites here who are close to Coach Samson Siasia would definitely mention his name to the Coaching crew?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Badosqi:
Awaziem started for Porto again tonite in their cup game against Gil Vicente.

Porto is leading 1-0 guess who scored the goal...... Yeah our boy noni Awaziem.

PORTO 1(awaziem)-0 GIL 73 mins played
Anothe great news that made my day. Naija I hail.
Coach Samson Siasia should please take note of these stars.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
chrisooblog:
he only performed in age grade competitions where he could bully his younger ones grin tell me how did he fare in france 98?

It is not fair to judge Mobi on France 98. He was just coming from a major injury. Players like Kanu also flopped. Many Nigerian players flopped.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
chrisooblog:
he only performed in age grade competitions where he could bully his younger ones grin tell me how did he fare in france 98?

He was not exceptional in France '98 but he was more than a clown. Remember Raul's goal against us in the game against Spain. Watch Mobi's recovery run and the flying kick he missed to stop the goal despite coming from the Raul's left who was ahead of him. He was not poor in that game. The team as a whole were poor in the Denmark game.

I repeat, we have not had a right back as good as Mobi in recent years.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He was not exceptional in France '98 but he was more than a clown. Remember Raul's goal against us in the game against Spain. Watch Mobi's recovery run and the flying kick he missed to stop the goal despite coming from the Raul's left who was ahead of him. He was not poor in that game. The team as a whole were poor in the Denmark game.

I repeat, we have not had a right back as good as Mobi in recent years.

I agree, I rate Mobi higher than most of the right backs that we have had recently.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Efe was great at the nations cup but since then , his performances at right back leave a lot to be desired. He loses concentration and puts the team in trouble. We need a natural right back.

I do not think the Musa is ready either, he needs to be showing something at club level.

Efe also did well at the 2014 WC. The dip in performance affected the whole of the defense. Echiejile was not at the WC due to injury bt he came back struggling to keep his place during AFCON 2015 Qualifiers. So much was expected of Kenneth Omeruo considering how he quickly replaced Joseph Yobo from d starting line -up. Obaobona to me is jst enjoying the good will from his performance at the 2013 AFCON. Ambrose did struggle as a right back during our 2015 AFCON Qualifiers. Leon Balogun was still nursing the injury he sustained prio to the 2014 WC.

The whole defense including Onazi were nt at their best during the last days of Keshi. Oliseh made some changes and started playing Ambrose at Centre back so also Balogun and u saw the kind of performance Efe put in as a centre back. Omeruo was out injured (which was y the preference of Efe and Balogun as centre back pair). Shehu Abdullahi had to play Right back and Chima Akas replaced Echiejile for the return leg against Swaziland.

Omeruo is expected back in the Team now and so a central Defense pairing of him and Ambrose or Obaobona is expected. Balogun as likely right back and Madu/Echiejile/Amuzie/Oshaniwa/Akas as it pleases Siasia will play left back.

You are right about Musa Mohammed. Let us even see him do it in his club first. At least we can see what the likes of Awaziem and Odubajo are doing at club level.

Celestine Babayaro and Mubi Oparaku needed to play in the Olympics to convince The Super Eagles coaches that they were ready for senior action even though they were doing great in Europe then. U needed to be Super good then to replace Ben Iroha and Austine Eguavoen (hu in my opinion are the best left and Right backs respectively that ever wore the Super Eagles Jerseys).
In like ways the Olympics would be there for Awaziem, Odubajo, Ehizibue, Musa Mohammed and the whole lot of others to prove they are ready for senior action.

See guys, I want to see a situation where these young players grow together, forming a formidable crop and maturing into the Super Eagles together; forcing the older players into mass retirement. That was what happened in 1996. The likes of Stephen Keshi, Chidi Nwanu, Thompson Oliha, Ben Iroha, Austin Eguavoen (was called back after Mubi became a cause to worry at Right back), Uche Okafor, Samson Siasia were all forced to retire due to the emergence of Kanu Nwankwo, Wilson Oruma, Celestine Babayaro, Victor Ikpeba, Tijani Babangida, Mubi Oparaku and Garba Lawal.

We need to be patient on these young players. They still need more game time at club level and need also to participate at the Olympics and FIFA U20 for those that are still eligible.

Just take a look at some of the players eligible to play at next FIFA U20: Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Ezeh, Ifeanyi Mathew, SincereSeth, Azubuike Okechukwu, Chidozie Awaziem, Including the likes of Victor Osimhen, Kelechi Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze and the rest of their set. This would be a killer squad. Nigerians lets be patient and watch the boys progress well through d age-grades and into the Super Eagles.

For the games against Egypt no room for experiments, I would rather the coaches go with the regular defenders.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:
Whilst Ambrose or shehu can play right back, it is always best to play a right back that does it weekly at Club level. Ambrose is prone to a lack of concentration, particularly at right back.

Musa Muhammad is not yet super Eagles level. He is yet to break into the first team of a modest club.

At under 23, I hope Siasia considers Ehizibue, I rate him very highly.

NFF need a scouting team, it will be hurtful if Germany cap Ehizibue.

Now you are talking.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Efe also did well at the 2014 WC. The dip in performance affected the whole of the defense. Echiejile was not at the WC due to injury bt he came back struggling to keep his place during AFCON 2015 Qualifiers. So much was expected of Kenneth Omeruo considering how he quickly replaced Joseph Yobo from d starting line -up. Obaobona to me is jst enjoying the good will from his performance at the 2013 AFCON. Ambrose did struggle as a right back during our 2015 AFCON Qualifiers. Leon Balogun was still nursing the injury he sustained prio to the 2014 WC.

The whole defense including Onazi were nt at their best during the last days of Keshi. Oliseh made some changes and started playing Ambrose at Centre back so also Balogun and u saw the kind of performance Efe put in as a centre back. Omeruo was out injured (which was y the preference of Efe and Balogun as centre back pair). Shehu Abdullahi had to play Right back and Chima Akas replaced Echiejile for the return leg against Swaziland.

Omeruo is expected back in the Team now and so a central Defense pairing of him and Ambrose or Obaobona is expected. Balogun as likely right back and Madu/Echiejile/Amuzie/Oshaniwa/Akas as it pleases Siasia will play left back.

You are right about Musa Mohammed. Let us even see him do it in his club first. At least we can see what the likes of Awaziem and Odubajo are doing at club level.

Celestine Babayaro and Mubi Oparaku needed to play in the Olympics to convince The Super Eagles coaches that they were ready for senior action even though they were doing great in Europe then. U needed to be Super good then to replace Ben Iroha and Austine Eguavoen (hu in my opinion are the best left and Right backs respectively that ever wore the Super Eagles Jerseys).
In like ways the Olympics would be there for Awaziem, Odubajo, Ehizibue, Musa Mohammed and the whole lot of others to prove they are ready for senior action.

See guys, I want to see a situation where these young players grow together, forming a formidable crop and maturing into the Super Eagles together; forcing the older players into mass retirement. That was what happened in 1996. The likes of Stephen Keshi, Chidi Nwanu, Thompson Oliha, Ben Iroha, Austin Eguavoen (was called back after Mubi became a cause to worry at Right back), Uche Okafor, Samson Siasia were all forced to retire due to the emergence of Kanu Nwankwo, Wilson Oruma, Celestine Babayaro, Victor Ikpeba, Tijani Babangida, Mubi Oparaku and Garba Lawal.

We need to be patient on these young players. They still need more game time at club level and need also to participate at the Olympics and FIFA U20 for those that are still eligible.

Just take a look at some of the players eligible to play at next FIFA U20: Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Ezeh, Ifeanyi Mathew, SincereSeth, Azubuike Okechukwu, Chidozie Awaziem, Including the likes of Victor Osimhen, Kelechi Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze and the rest of their set. This would be a killer squad. Nigerians lets be patient and watch the boys progress well through d age-grades and into the Super Eagles.

For the games against Egypt no room for experiments, I would rather the coaches go with the regular defenders.

Sorry but, was Mubi's case not due to injury? I know he returned and had a poor game against Yugoslavia 3-0 in the friendlies. It was not that poor to me. That was a young man fighting to save a shambolic performance of the whole team.

When Jero Shakpoke took over, he showed promise but injured. That led to the return of Eguavoen who Clarence Seedorf tore to shreds in the 5-1 demolition friendly game against Guus Hiddink's Netherland.

After that, Mubi became the first choice because he was the best option afterJero's injury.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Sorry but, was Mubi's case not due to injury? I know he returned and had a poor game against Yugoslavia 3-0 in the friendlies. It was not that poor to me. That was a young man fighting to save a shambolic performance of the whole team.

When Jero Shakpoke took over, he showed promise but injured. That led to the return of Eguavoen who Clarence Seedorf tore to shreds in the 5-1 demolition friendly game against Guus Hiddink's Netherland.

After that, Mubi became the first choice because he was the best option afterJero's injury.

So what happened to Mubi afterwards? He lost form and Gbenga Okunowo hu then played for Barcelona took over. And Yobo took over from Okunowo. Abbey George came in 2004 and Yobo went to centre back. Chidi Odiah took over in 2005. Odiah to me is our last recognised Right back. Ambrose was converted to Right back to fill in dat space after Chibuzor Okonkwo and Solomon Kwambe were nt considered good enough. I can tell u dat Ambrose for many yrs did creditably well at right back.

Rating all d right back from d 80s to date, I would rate them in this order from d best to d worst:
Austin Eguavoen
Chidi Odiah
Efe Ambrose
Joseph Yobo
Mubi Oparaku
Abbey George
Gbenga Okunowo
Others:Jerom Shakponke, Solomon Kwambe, Chibuzor Okonkwo and others.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

So what happened to Mubi afterwards? He lost form and Gbenga Okunowo hu then played for Barcelona took over. And Yobo took over from Okunowo. Abbey George came in 2004 and Yobo went to centre back. Chidi Odiah took over in 2005. Odiah to me is our last recognised Right back. Ambrose was converted to Right back to fill in dat space after Chibuzor Okonkwo and Solomon Kwambe were nt considered good enough. I can tell u dat Ambrose for many yrs did creditably well at right back.

Rating all d right back from d 80s to date, I would rate them in this order from d best to d worst:
Austin Eguavoen
Chidi Odiah
Efe Ambrose
Joseph Yobo
Mubi Oparaku
Abbey George
Gbenga Okunowo
Others:Jerom Shakponke, Solomon Kwambe, Chibuzor Okonkwo and others.

Mobi retired early because of injury... The right back position has been a weak spot for a few years now.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Mobi retired early because of injury... The right back position has been a weak spot for a few years now.

Yes he lost form due to injuries. His small statue was also a source of concern as his predecessor, Eguavoen, was a huge guy.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
I understand, Leon Balogun has been dropped from the eagles team How can your most in form defender be dropped smh!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:
I understand, Leon Balogun has been dropped from the eagles team How can your most in form defender be dropped smh!!!

I am as equally shocked as would b any soccer analyst here. I believe siasia knows what he is doing.Well d centre back trio of Ambrose, Obaobona and Omeruo can do d job. Mayb Efe will play Right back or even Shehu Abdullahi.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

I am as equally shocked as would b any soccer analyst here. I believe siasia knows what he is doing.Well d centre back trio of Ambrose, Obaobona and Omeruo can do d job. Mayb Efe will play Right back or even Shehu Abdullahi.

I am sorry but you can not drop your most inform player. A few days ago, Mainz beat Bayern with Balogun playing a big part. If this is the kind of decision making, we are expecting at the Olympics then forget about getting the best youngsters there.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Can someone show Siasia yesterday's game Mainz vs Bayern?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am sorry but you can not drop your most inform player. A few days ago, Mainz beat Bayern with Balogun playing a big part. If this is the kind of decision making, we are expecting at the Olympics then forget about getting the best youngsters there.

This brings back to mind d "his boys" tingy raised by honorable enomakos. U can see so many of his CAF U23 boys on dat list.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

This brings back to mind d "his boys" tingy raised by honorable enomakos. U can see so many of his CAF U23 boys on dat list.

That is because a coach does a lot of training with players to get the team to play the way he wants. This is a crash course. So, I can not blame Coach Siasia picking boys he is familiar with, if he wants to beat the Egyptians.

It is not just selecting the best players on every wing. You also need coherency and understanding.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is because a coach does a lot of training with players to get the team to play the way he wants. This is a crash course. So, I can not blame Coach Siasia picking boys he is familiar with, if he wants to beat the Egyptians.

It is not just selecting the best players in every wing. You also need coherency and understanding.

Good point. I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Isaac Success with a goal to close out the game, that's 2 wins in a row for granada.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Success Scores In Granada Win; Onuachu, Hassan Lose With Midtjylland
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Success Isaac was on target for Granada in their 2-0 home win against Sporting Gijon in a Spanish La Liga clash on Thursday night.

Isaac scored in the 90th minute to secure the win for Granada.

Youssef El Arabi had given Granada the lead in the 72nd minute.

The goal was Isaac’s fifth goal in 25 La Liga appearances this season.

In the English Championship, Moses Odubajo was on from the start but ended on the losing side as Hull City lost 1-0 to Birmingham City.

The duo of Sone Aluko and Chuba Akpom were not listed for the game.

And in the Danish Superliga, Paul Onuachu and Rilwan Hassan featured in Midtjylland’s 1-0 home loss to Copenhagen.

While Onuachu played 90 minutes, Hassan went off for Mikkel Duelund with eight minutes remaining.
Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/success-scores-granada-win-onuachu-hassan-lose-midtjylland/#4MuKYFyXtQqkRE6J.99
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Isaac Success Happy To End 1,011-Minute Goal Drought
[/size]

Ex-Golden Eaglets star Isaac Success was pleased to return to scoring ways as Granada defeated Sporting Gijon 2-0 on Thursday night in the Spanish La Liga.

If the Copa Del Rey is thrown into the mix, the 20-year-old spent 1,011 minutes in total on the pitch without finding the back of the net, with his last goal coming against Sevilla on January 3.

“I think that we have not relaxed because we knew that the important thing was the three points and now we are relaxed for the good work we have made and very united,”Success was quoted as saying by ideal.es.

On the next game against Real Betis, he said : “It will be a good match because Betis is a good team. This is the league, this is professional football and we’ll see on Sunday”.

Isaac Success was on target in the third minute of second half stoppage time against Sporting Gijon to take his tally this season to five goals from twenty-five games.

He is being linked with a transfer to Watford in England in the summer transfer market.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18125
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
It look like leon balogun hads been recalled

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
Yes. That's the latest official news.

But uhmm.... Remember. This is the U-23 thread...#smiles

enomakos:
It look like leon balogun hads been recalled

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
Whilst Ambrose or shehu can play right back, it is always best to play a right back that does it weekly at Club level. Ambrose is prone to a lack of concentration, particularly at right back.

Musa Muhammad is not yet super Eagles level. He is yet to break into the first team of a modest club.

At under 23, I hope Siasia considers Ehizibue, I rate him very highly.

NFF need a scouting team, it will be hurtful if Germany cap Ehizibue.

Ehizibue is eligible to play for the Dutch team and not Germany.

This lad can play as a RB or RW and of recent he played on the RW . He even scored but our coaches no go see am na. Na person wey never play for dis season na em dem go search 4.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
forgiveness:

Ehizibue is eligible to play for the Dutch team and not Germany.

This lad can play as a RB or RW and of recent he played on the RW . He even scored but our coaches no go see am na. Na person wey never play for dis season na em dem go search 4.

He has both Dutch and German citizenship
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
BRAZIL VS NIGERIA: OLAYINKA OUT, IMOH
EZEKIEL IN--- Rio Olympics Preps.

.........................................................................................

Nigeria Olympic team, Dream Team VI, have replaced injured Peter Olayinka with another Belgium-based striker Imoh Ezekiel ahead of a friendly against Brazil later this month.

Also, Abia Warriors defender Chizoba Amaefule will
take the place of Sergio Uyi, who has been forced out of the trip due to injury.

Anderlecht striker Ezekiel has already been capped
by Nigeria at full international level.

Rio Olympics hosts Brazil will take on their Nigerian
counterparts in a warm-up match on March 24.

africanfootball.com//news/616532/Brazil-vs-Nigeria-Olayinka-out-Imoh-Ezekiel-in

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. That's the latest official news.
But uhmm.... Remember. This is the U-23 thread...#smiles
ok thanks i understands
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Chikatara is actually with Rangers and he just score a goal last week.
you are wrong bro he did score last week but in the colour of abia warriors
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Brazil Invite Barca’s Rafinha, United’s Pereira For U-23 Eagles Clash
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/five-things-to-watch-out-for-in-sports-this-weekend/[/img]
Barcelona’s Rafinha Alcantara, Manchester United’s Andreas Pereira and Felipe Anderson from Lazio are part of a 22-man Brazil squad that will face the U-23 Eagles in a friendly match in Brazil.

According to Paulo Freitas, Sky Sports correspondent in Brazil, the list also includes Monaco’s duo of Fabinho and Wallace, Rodrigo Ely from AC Milan and Ederson from Benfica.

Rafinha is currently battling back from injury and his inclusion depends on how well he recovers.

Others are Wendell from Bayer Leverkusen, Granada’s Doria, Matheus Salles of Palmeiras and Alisson from Cruzeiro.

The friendly game between Brazil and the U-23, billed for March 24 in Cariacica, is part of preparation for the football event at this summer’s Rio Olympic Games.

Apart from Nigeria, the Brazilians will also take on South Africa in another friendly match.

It would be recalled that the last time the U-23 squad of Nigeria and Brazil met was at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games.

Nigeria won 4-3 thanks to Nwankwo Kanu’s golden goal in the first half of extra-time.

Brazil’s U-23 squad for Nigeria:
Goalkeepers
Ederson (Benfica)
Matheus Vidotto (Corinthians)

Defenders
Doria (Granada)
Rodrigo Ely (AC Milan)
Wallace (Monaco)
Rodrigo Caio (Sao Paulo)
Fabinho (Monaco)
Zeca (Santos)
Wendell (Bayer Leverkusen)
Douglas Santos (Atletico Mineiro)

Midfielders
Rodrigo Dourado (Internacional)
Thiago Maia (Santos)
Matheus Salles (Palmeiras)
Rafinha Alcantara (Barcelona)
Andreas Pereira (Manchester United)
Felipe Anderson (Lazio)

Attackers
Gabriel Jesus (Palmeiras)
Alisson (Cruzeiro)
Malcom (Bordeaux)
Gabriel (Santos)
Luciano (Corinthians)
Luan (Gremio)
www.completesportsnigeria.com/40310-2/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:58am On Mar 05, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
BRAZIL VS NIGERIA: OLAYINKA OUT, IMOH
EZEKIEL IN--- Rio Olympics Preps.

.........................................................................................

Nigeria Olympic team, Dream Team VI, have replaced injured Peter Olayinka with another Belgium-based striker Imoh Ezekiel ahead of a friendly against Brazil later this month.

Also, Abia Warriors defender Chizoba Amaefule will
take the place of Sergio Uyi, who has been forced out of the trip due to injury.

Anderlecht striker Ezekiel has already been capped
by Nigeria at full international level.

Rio Olympics hosts Brazil will take on their Nigerian
counterparts in a warm-up match on March 24.

africanfootball.com//news/616532/Brazil-vs-Nigeria-Olayinka-out-Imoh-Ezekiel-in

Thats another good one from Coach Siasia.

I wanted to see his name in the list that was released earlier but to no avail. All thanks for this second chance.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:42am On Mar 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016
Iheanacho to pile more pressure on Aston Villa
[/size]
Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho

by Stephane DeSaintsalvy

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho is hoping to be able to add more misery on Premier League strugglers Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

The 19-year-old Nigeria international has found memories of their last meeting with the Villans, having scored a hat-trick in their 4-0 win at Villa Park in the FA Cup in January.

“It’s definitely one of my favourite performances of the season, scoring three goals and assisting another,” Iheanacho told mcfc.com.

“I think it’s good to play a side you’ve done well against previously because it gives you added confidence so I hope to be involved this time as well.

“Beating Villa is an absolute must for us now and we then need to back it up with three or four more wins on the bounce.

“We know we have to get back on track starting on Saturday because there are still plenty of games to go and 33 points to be won.”

Rock bottom of the table on 16 points, Rémi Garde’s men will need a miracle to stay in the Premier League.

However, the youngster is adamant that anything remains possible this season.

“They have good players and yet they are bottom of the table. I expected them to do better this season,” Iheanacho added.

“The Premier League has been very unpredictable this season and anything is still possible – they would need to win a lot of games but it is not impossible that they could stay up. Anything can happen in football.

“But we can’t worry about their situation – we just need to beat them and then do the same at Norwich next weekend.

“We have to look at it that these are two games we have to win – if we take three points this week and another three next week, it will give us the perfect platform for the remaining games.

“Everyone is working really hard in training and I think we will come back strongly in the last few months of the season.”
africanfootball.com/news/616558/Iheanacho-to-pile-more-pressure-on-Aston-Villa
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:44am On Mar 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016
Iheanacho: Man City must beat Aston Villa to Survive
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has targeted three points when Manchester City tackle Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League on Saturday.

The Super Eagle admitted that he played one of his best games in a City shirt when both teams faced off in the FA Cup in January, with the teenager notching his first professional hat-trick against the opponents.

“It’s definitely one of my favourite performances of the season, scoring three goals and assisting another,” said Iheanacho to mcfc.co.uk.

“Beating Villa is an absolute must for us now and we then need to back it up with three or four more wins on the bounce.

“We know we have to get back on track starting on Saturday because there are still plenty of games to go and 33 points to be won.”

The Taye Academy product is one of the five Premier League stars named to the latest Super Eagles roster by interim boss Samson Siasia.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/03/iheanacho-man-city-must-beat-aston.html
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.