Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700065 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:04am On Mar 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

He has both Dutch and German citizenship

You are right! My mistake. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Injured Olayinka shattered to miss Brazil friendly
[/size]

Peter Olayinka (Left)

Gent striker Peter Olayinka has said he is disappointed to miss the Nigeria U23 friendly against Brazil due to injury.

The former Skenderbeau of Albania striker said he was delighted and thanked coach Samson Siasia for the opportunity, while believing he will get another chance with the Nigeria Olympic team.

"I am very sad that I will miss the friendly match against Brazil,” said Olayinka, whose place on the squad has been taken by Anderlecht striker Imoh Ezekiel.

"I thank coach Siasia for the chance and I am very confident and I know there's still chance for me to prove myself in his team."

Olayinka also disclosed he has commenced training with Belgian champions Gent.

"I have started training with the rest of squad," he said.

Rio Olympics hosts Brazil will take on their Nigeria counterparts in a warm-up on March 24.

By Olusola Alao
http://africanfootball.com/news/616643/Injured-Olayinka-shattered-to-miss-Brazil-friendly
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Obinna Nwobodo starts for Enugu Rangers.

Rangers vs Wikki live on SS9.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Chidozie Awaziem signs new contract with Porto till 2020 with a 30 million Euros release clause. Porto are securing their investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Musa Yahaya gets a red card, put his team in trouble.

Braga B 5 Portimonense 0
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ehizibue Starts
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
30 million euros!!!!! That's quite huge. Awaziem's potentials show he can go on to be one of the world's best elite defenders. #smiles

tbaba1234:
Chidozie Awaziem signs new contract with Porto till 2020 with a 30 million Euros release clause. Porto are securing their investment.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
30 million is HUGE!!! Great potential, he's got. Porto believes so much in him. Really happy for him.

Let's see the excuses Siasia's fans will give the next time his name is omitted from the List.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
Super regular Ndidi starts for Genk again. Bench warmer Onazi invited.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

I laugh in Citizens voice. When we the Cityzens want Awaziem, we will take him. They need a bigger contract.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

Isn't Wilfred Ndidi a central defender while Ogezi Onazi a DM. I strongly believe Ndidi will get his chance..Too early to cast aspersion. Give the coach a breathing space to re-adjust.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Isn't Wilfred Ndidi a central defender while Ogezi Onazi a DM. I strongly believe Ndidi will get his chance..Too early to cast aspersion. Give the coach a breathing space to re-adjust.

Ndidi is a DM now. He plays that role for his club.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

U cannot tell me u will have Ndidi in ur team over Onazi.

If u had compared Ndidi with Azubuike Okechukwu i would understand.

U have forgotten too soon Ogenyi Onazi's performances with the Super Eagles?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
Icon4s:

U cannot tell me u will have Ndidi in ur team over Onazi.

If u had compared Ndidi with Azubuike Okechukwu i would understand.

U have forgotten too soon Ogenyi Onazi's performances with the Super Eagles?

Football is not about past exploits.

Onazi is a good player but he has hardly played in the last few weeks. What is his match fitness like? A player who is playing regularly would obviously have better match fitness. Ndidi played well in his debut, he can certainly hold his own.

I am not saying, don't invite Onazi but players who are in form and playing regularly should get reward for it.

In Nigeria, we don't reward good form. We will rather take a Reuben Gabriel who had not played regularly for years to the world cup at the expense of more regular players because of past exploits.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Football is not about past exploits.

Onazi is a good player but he has hardly played in the last few weeks. What is his match fitness like? A player who is playing regularly would obviously have better match fitness. Ndidi played well in his debut, he can certainly hold his own.

I am not saying, don't invite Onazi but players who are in form and playing regularly should get reward for it.

In Nigeria, we don't reward good form. We will rather take a Reuben Gabriel who had not played regularly for years to the world cup at the expense of more regular players because of past exploits.

What makes u feel Onazi's match fitness is in doubt. A player with great abilities Will always display great abilities. Game time is good bt nt every thing. Can u tell me that in the game Egypt vs Nigeria u will field Ndidi over Onazi? U cannot over-look d abilities and experience Onazi has gathered over d years. For DMF position we need such a big player for such a big game.

As I said before, Onazi should nt b d person u are questioning his inclusion it should b Azubuike Okechukwu.

On that Siasia's list d only absent players that i raised questions abt were Leon Balogun and d choice of Awuzie over Madu. Balogun has been included so I am ok with d list cos I know Echiejile can do d job in d absence of Madu.

Ndidi should keep doing it at club level. His time is coming.Bt I hope Azubuike again will nt b selected ahead of him in d Olympic team?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ndidi is a DM now. He plays that role for his club.

Sorry,I meant central defender...you sef suppose grab.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kingsley Sokari Eyes Title After Registering Second Goal For CS Sfaxien
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Kingsley Sokari was pleased to return to scoring ways as CS Sfaxien recorded a 3-1 victory against Stade Tunisien in the 19th round of games in the Tunisian Ligue 1 on Sunday.

The former Enyimba star has more defensive responsibilities at theJuventus of the Arabsbut has been able to carve out scoring opportunities for himself by driving forward.

Sokarri put CS Sfaxien 2-0 up three minutes out of intermission, sandwiched in between goals fromEzechiel Ndouasel and Ali Maaloul.

“We are playing a 4-3-3 formation and I am playing from the left midfield,” said Kingsley Sokari to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“We played very well today and were hoping to score more goals but they scored their first goal.

“Our target is to win the league and play in the Champions League next season.”

After 19 rounds in the Tunisian Ligue 1,Etoile du Sahel lead the way with 50 points followed by CS Sfaxien who have garnered 49 points.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18147
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
[size=14pt]
Kelechi Iheanacho Happy Manchester City Are Back On Track
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho was delighted with Manchester City’s 4-0 rout of Aston Villa in the Premier League on Saturday.

The Citizens had lost three games in a row in the top-flight prior to yesterday’s game against the relegation strugglers and would have left the fourth Champions League spot if they had not defeated Villa at the Etihad.

Three minutes after Iheanacho joined the fray, he was brought down in the box but Sergio Aguero uncharacteristically failed to convert the resultant spot kick.

“Great win today getting back on track #ComeOnCity,” Iheanacho posted on Twitter last night.

The 19-year-old Iheanacho has racked up 400 minutes of game time in the Premier League and has netted three times.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18145

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kayode Olanrewaju Is On Best Scoring Run Since Joining Austria Vienna
[/size]

Kayode Olanrewaju extended his goalscoring streak to three games in the Bundesliga after finding the net in Austria Vienna’s 3-1 win against Ried on Saturday.

The 22-year-old was substituted on immediately after the intermission and registered his name on the scoresheet for the 11th time in the ongoing season in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

Olanrewaju is on his best scoring run since his arrival at Austria Vienna from Maccabi Netanya in summer of 2015.

He found the net against leaders Salzburg on February 28, then hit target against Admira three days later before scoring against Ried.

He is third highest goalscorer in the top-flight, with only two goals separating him from teammate Gorgon but needs six more goals presently to catch up with the leader Soriano .
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18144
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Awaziem starts on the bench. He played mid-week in the cup so the coach is giving him a break, it seems. A big game against Braga.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Shehu played 90 minutes today.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Icon4s:

What makes u feel Onazi's match fitness is in doubt. A player with great abilities Will always display great abilities. Game time is good bt nt every thing. Can u tell me that in the game Egypt vs Nigeria u will field Ndidi over Onazi? U cannot over-look d abilities and experience Onazi has gathered over d years. For DMF position we need such a big player for such a big game.

As I said before, Onazi should nt b d person u are questioning his inclusion it should b Azubuike Okechukwu.

On that Siasia's list d only absent players that i raised questions abt were Leon Balogun and d choice of Awuzie over Madu. Balogun has been included so I am ok with d list cos I know Echiejile can do d job in d absence of Madu.

Ndidi should keep doing it at club level. His time is coming.Bt I hope Azubuike again will nt b selected ahead of him in d Olympic team?

Yea, i agree with you.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Akinjide Idowu Scored his first goal for Portland Timbers 2 in a preseason friendly

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by abid4akin(m): 5:11am On Mar 07, 2016
You can get updates of trends like this on our whatsapp group, you'll meet sport analyst and critics here.

We also forecast and share bet codes. Drop your whatsapp contact with your name/nick so I can add you up.
Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kayode elated to be super sub in Austria
[/size]

Kayode (right)

Ex-Nigeria youth international Olanrewaju Kayode has said he is delighted to score the goal that sealed a 3-1 victory for Austria Wien against Reid.

Austria Wien are third on the league table with 45 points in 26 games, five points adrift of leaders Salzburg.

Kayode, an 85th minute substitute for Ognjen Vukojevic, struck the third goal in the concluding minutes of the game.

He has now scored 11 goals in the Austrian Bundesliga.

"I feel so great, it was really awesome to score the winner after few minutes on the pitch,” Kayode said.

"It was not an easy game so when I was called upon, I only went on to the pitch having one thing on my mind, which was to change the game and score, and that’s exactly what happened."
http://africanfootball.com/news/617136/Kayode-elated-to-be-super-sub-in-Austria
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2016
[size=14pt]
Youngster Onyekuru inspires Belgian club's victory
[/size]

Oyekuru in action in Belgium

Nigerian youngster Chukwuemeka Henry Oyekuru inspired his Belgian second division side Eupen to a 2-1 win over Cercle Brugge.

Oyekuru scored the opening goal in the 44th minute.

He has now scored five goals in the league.

Oyekuru said he wishes to win the second-tier league title with his club and win them promotion to the top flight.

"The league is still open and we are only six points away from the team in first position. My target is to help my team gain promotion,” he said.
http://africanfootball.com/news/617235/Youngster-Onyekuru-inspires-Belgian-clubs-victory

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2016
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
Youngster Onyekuru inspires Belgian club's victory
[/size]

Oyekuru in action in Belgium

Nigerian youngster Chukwuemeka Henry Oyekuru inspired his Belgian second division side Eupen to a 2-1 win over Cercle Brugge.

Oyekuru scored the opening goal in the 44th minute.

He has now scored five goals in the league.

Oyekuru said he wishes to win the second-tier league title with his club and win them promotion to the top flight.

"The league is still open and we are only six points away from the team in first position. My target is to help my team gain promotion,” he said.
http://africanfootball.com/news/617235/Youngster-Onyekuru-inspires-Belgian-clubs-victory

Yet another.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2016
Icon4s:

Yet another.

I tell you.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2016
[size=14pt]
ALHAJI GERO SCORES BRACE IN SWEDEN
[/size]

Former Nigeria U-20 player Alhaji Gero scored twice to help his Swedish side Oestersunds FK beat AFC United 3-0 in a Sweden cup game.

Gero’s brace came in a space of two minutes in the 30th and 32nd minute of the game before Saman Ghoddos scored the third and final goal for Oestersunds.

22 year old Gero joined the team this year from Viborg of Denmark where he spent a one and half year making 41 appearances with 9 goals.

The former Enugu Rangers forward has 10 goals since moving to Europe in 2013 where he has so far played for three teams with varying degree of success.

His best scoring season came in the 2014 season where he scored 8 times from 26 games for Oster before his transfer to Viborg.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/06/alhaji-gero-scores-brace-in-sweden/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
HENTY EZEKIEL LOKOMOTIVE MOSCOW DEBUT ENDS IN DEFEAT
[/size]

Ex AC Milan youth teamer Henty Ezekiel who made a big money move to Lokomotiv Moscow of Russia during the January transfer window had a debut to forget.

Spotting jersey number 45, the 22 year old came in as a substitute in the 58th minute with his team 2-1 down despite taking an early lead in the game failed to restore parity for his team.

Ezekiel who scored 8 times for Olympija Ljuglbana Olimpija Ljubljana of Slovenia before his move to Russia is reportedly the highest sale by a Slovenia team in the history of the country’s league.

At Lokomotive Moscow he will be hoping to fare better than the other two Nigerians who had stints with the team, namely Peter Osaze Odemwingie who was fairly more successful than Obinna Nsofor who later went there.

Both players didn’t achieve more and they both controversially left the team after a season and a half.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/06/henty-ezekiel-lokomotive-moscow-debut-ends-in-defeat/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 11:38am On Mar 07, 2016
A profiled examination of our options ahead of the Rio Olympic football tourney
http://www.soccerassembly.com/thedugout/2016/03/07/countdown-to-rio-assembling-the-dream-the-right-backs/

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.