Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700060 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Villa join Chelsea to monitor Man Utd slayer Onuachu
[/size]

Onuachu (right) - Now a wanted man

Aston Villa have joined fellow English Premier League clubs Chelsea and Leicester City to monitor Nigeria striker Paul Onuachu after he impressed in his Danish side's recent Europa League clashes against Manchester United.

My Olympic Gold stolen reveals Amuneke

Danish newspaper TipBladet reported the Villans have taken an interest in the 20-year-old rangy striker.

But the Premier League strugglers may face serious competition for his signature.

It's understood Chelsea and high-flying Leicester are also monitoring the gifted youngster's availability.

Midtjylland sporting director Claus Steinlein has admitted the striker is being tracked.

He said: “It's hard to say how much his price has risen. The journalists love to get us to say that now he's worth from €10m [£7.7m} to €50m [£38.7m]. He’s on the radar now with many English clubs."
http://africanfootball.com/news/617688/Villa-join-Chelsea-to-monitor-Man-Utd-slayer-Onuachu
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iwobi Shines As Arsenal Spank Hull To Reach FA Cup Q/Finals
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Nigerian youngster Alex Iwobi was impressive as Arsenal advanced into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup after thumping Hull City 4-0 in their replay on Tuesday night.

The Super Eagles forward was on from the start and was involved in most of Arsenal’s best moves on the night.

Two goals each from Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott sealed the win for Arsenal.

They will now host Watford in the last eight at the Emirates at the weekend.

Walcott had the ball in the net in third minute but his effort was ruled out for offside.

Joel Campbell had a chance in the 10th minute after being put through by Alex Iwobi only to shoot wide off target.

The game was delayed for some minutes following a clash of heads between Per Mertesacker and Nick Powell.

In the 30th minute, Ospina made a brilliant one hand save that took a slight deflection off an Arsenal defender.

Arsenal made their first substitute in the 32nd minute, bringing on Nacho Monreal for Mertesacker who did not recover from the head injury sustained earlier.

Alex Bruce made a good clearance in the 38th minute, making a timely clearance for a corner off an Arsenal counter.

Olivier Giroud finally opened the scoring in the 41st minute, pouncing on a poor back pass by David Meyler.

Kieran Gibbs almost made it 2-0 in the 43rd minute but his long range strike struck the crossbar.

In the 51st minute Elneny took a fine volley from the edge of the box which was tipped over the bar by Jakupovic.

In the 56th minute, Gabriel came off injured and was replaced by Aaron Ramsey.

Hull came very close to equalising in the 65th minute but Powell’s effort came off Ramsey and went for a corner.

Giroud made it 2-0 in the 72nd minute, tapping in from eight yards Walcott’s cross.

A minute later Jeff Reine-Adelaide replaced Ramsey who went off injured.

Walcott got on the score sheet in the 77th minute to make it 3-0, slipping the ball pass Jakupovic from a Campbell through ball.

Giroud almost grabbed his hat-trick in the 83rd minute but hit a weak shot straight to Jakupovic.

Walcott, off an Iwobi assist, got his brace and Arsenal’s fourth in the 88th minute as his shot took a slight deflection before flying past a stranded Jakupovic.
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-shines-arsenal-spank-hull-reach-fa-cup-qfinals/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iwobi Congratulates Giroud As Dad Of New Baby Ends Goal Drought
[/size]

Arsenal’s Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi has congratulated Oliver Giroud after the Frenchman scored a brace for the Gunners on Tuesday to celebrate Monday’s birth of the Frenchman’s baby boy.

Arsenal defeated Hull 2-0 to set up an FA Cup quarter-final clash with Watford.

Giroud also ended his 11-game scoring drought in the FA Cup replay as Arsene Wenger’s side ended a run of five games without a win.

And Iwobi who starred in the victory also thanked the fans for their amazing support.

“Good win, the fans were amazing and congrats to Olivier Giroud on his new born baby.” Iwobi who has chalked 11 appearances in his debut season for the Gunners tweeted after the game.

Iwobi has been called up by Nigeria’s interim coach Samson Siasia for this month’s crucial 2017 African Nations Cup against Egypt in Kaduna and in Alexandria four days later.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-congratulates-giroud-new-dad-ends-goal-drought/
[/b]

1 Like

[b][size=14pt]
Iwobi, Ikeme In Winning Performances; Simon Crash Out Of UCL
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Super Eagles fringe star, Alex Iwobi, was in scintillating form for Arsenal who thrashed Hull City 4-0, in the replay of their Fifth Round of the FA Cup Tuesday night.

Iwobi saw action for 90 minutes and provided an assist for Theo Walcott for Arsenal's third goal.

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, made an appearance in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 2-1 win against Bristol City in the English Championship.

Nigeria winger, Moses Simon, was in action for Gent who lost 1-0 to Wolfsburg on Tuesday in their second leg Second Round match of the UEFA Champions League.

The loss saw Gent crash out 4-2 on aggregate, after losing the first leg 3-2 in Belgium.

Simon, who was on from the beginning, later made way for Kalifa Coulibaly in the 70th minute.

Midfielder Hope Akpan was an unused substitute for Blackburn who beat visiting Birmingham City 2-1 at Ewood Park.

And also in the Championship, former Newcastle winger Sammy Ameobi featured for Cardiff who lost 2-0 at home to Leeds United.

Ameobi was introduced in the 76th minute for Thomas Lawrence.
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-ikeme-winning-performances-simon-crash-ucl/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Arsenal Fans Thrilled By Iwobi’s FA Cup Showing Against Hull
[/size]

By James Agberebi :

Arsenal fans have hailed Alex Iwobi's brilliant performance in their 4-0 win against Hull City in the replay of their FA Cup Fifth Round.

Iwobi, featured for 90 minutes against Hull and even got an assist for Theo Walcott for Arsenal's fourth goal.

Following his displays, some of the fans took to Twitter to express their satisfaction towards the 19-year-old.

Ajhar whose handle is @_HM28, described Iwobi as a talented player.

"Iwobi is such a talent. Well impressed."

The Hamburgooner, @Hamburgooner, tweeted that Iwobi deserved a goal for his performance, while down-playing Theo Walcott's two-goal feat.

"Iwobi deserved at least one goal. Meanwhile, Theo got two of them after being scary for 65 minutes."

Ollie Daly, @AFCOllieJD, said he will be heartbroken if Iwobi doesn't make it as a player at Arsenal.

"Will cry real tears if Iwobi doesn't make it at Arsenal. Love that man."

On his part, Joe, @RedAndWhite 11, tweeted that Iwobi should start against Watford in Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final tie.

"Iwobi deserves a goal for his performance, and a start against Watford wouldn't go a miss either."

KingFB, @KingFB_, said "Iwobi is a quality footballer.

"Iwobi is quality."

And in other tweets, blaqprince, @Slyonoja: "When we want to play, we make it look simple. Alex Iwobi is going places."
Read Also: Siasia: Eagles Can Beat Egypt Home And Away

The Soapbox, @Mentali_T tweeted‎: "Iwobi should be MOTM."

And Mus, @MussyT: "Iwobi has been brilliant. This guy has such good talent and energy. Wenger has options in him."
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/arsenal-fans-thrilled-iwobis-fa-cup-showing-hull/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sporting director suggests Aston Villa, Leicester City and Southampton target Paul Onuachu's asking price
[/size]
The Nigerian striker is being watched by several Premier League clubs.
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/paul-onuachu-of-fc-midtjylland-scores-the-21-goal-during-the-uefa-picture-id511166232[/img]
Paul Onuachu of FC Midtjylland scores the 2-1 goal during the UEFA Europa League match between FC Midtjylland and Manchester United at MCH Arena on February 18, 2016 in Herning, Denmark.

At the end of last month three current Premier League teams were all linked with the signature of FC Midtjylland striker Paul Onuachu.

The Nigerian striker was linked by Danish paper Tipsbladet to the trio of Aston Villa, Leicester City and Southampton in the report.

Onuachu of course shone against Manchester United in the Europa League recently - which caught the eye of the Premier League trio.

However comments from the Danish club's sporting director will have come as an interesting soundbite. Claus Steinlein is reported by the Daily Star to have stated:

“It's hard to say how much his price has risen.

"The journalists love to get us to say that now he's worth from €10m [£7.7m] to €50m [£38.7m]. He’s on the radar now with many English clubs."

Of course it is very unlikely that Aston Villa, Leicester or Southampton would be willing to pay for the £38.7 million for the powerful frontman - but a £7.7 million fee would be far more favourable.

Aston Villa are likely to be planning for next season as relegation looks likely for the Premier League's basement club.

Leicester City will need extra reinforcements for next season - as they will be playing in the Champions League, potentially as Premier League winners.

Whilst Southampton are always on the scour for top youngsters and Graziano Pelle's future appears in doubt.

How much is Onuachu worth?
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/michael-carrick-anthony-martial-and-andreas-pereira-of-manchester-picture-id511167818[/img]
Michael Carrick, Anthony Martial and Andreas Pereira of Manchester United react to Paul Onuachu of FC Midtjylland scoring their second goal during the UEFA Europe League match between FC Midtjylland and Manchester United on February 18, 2016 at MCH Arena in Herning, Denmark
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/paul-onuachu-of-fc-midtjylland-celebrates-scoring-their-second-goal-picture-id511167326[/img]
Paul Onuachu of FC Midtjylland (L) celebrates scoring their second goal during the UEFA Europe League match between FC Midtjylland and Manchester United on February 18, 2016 at MCH Arena in Herning, Denmark.
February 18, 2016
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/midtjyllands-nigerian-forward-paul-onuachu-celebrates-scoring-their-picture-id511166710[/img]
FC Midtjylland's Nigerian forward Paul Onuachu celebrates scoring their second goal during the UEFA Europa League Round of 32 football match between Manchester United and FC Midtjylland in Hernin on February 18, 2016. / AFP / Scanpix Denmark / Henning Bagger / Denmark OUT
February 18, 2016
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/paul-onuachu-of-fc-midtjylland-celebrates-scoring-his-teams-second-picture-id511159098[/img]
Paul Onuachu (L) of FC Midtjylland celebrates scoring his team's second goal during the UEFA Europa League round of 32 first leg match between FC Midtjylland and Manchester United at Herning MCH Multi Arena on February 18, 2016 in Herning, Denmark.
February 18, 2016
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/08/sporting-director-suggests-aston-villa-leicester-city-and-southa/page/1/
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/paul-onuachu-of-fc-midtjylland-scores-the-2-1-goal-during-news-photo/511166232?et=FwJ65ZfgSoZeMSnb-MJAjA&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hitc.com%2Fen-gb%2F2016%2F03%2F08%2Fsporting-director-suggests-aston-villa-leicester-city-and-southa%2F
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sokari apologizes to Siasia
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Kingsley Sokari

More than a few eye brows were raised when Kingsley Sokari was left out of the Nigeria squad for the 2015 Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Senegal.

Sokari was an integral member of the squad in the run up to the tournament and also played a vital role to help the Nigeria under-23s reach the football event of the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo.

It was widely reported in the local media that Sokari fell out with Nigeria head coach, Samson Siasia, just before the Under-23 Afcon in Senegal.

Siasia told the media that Sokari and two of his teammates at his former club, Nzube Anaezemba and Daniel Etor, were overlooked for what he termed indiscipline.

“I feel bad in taking this decision (to expel the players from the team’s camp), but discipline must be maintained for us to achieve success in Senegal.

“All players in camp were told not to leave camp as the team would be traveling (on the weekend they were to commence pre-tournament in The Gambia), only for these three players to come and ask to be allowed to go play for their club as they wanted to be part of the victory parade.

“I had no option but to allow them leave and also in the process, leave them out of the team,” Siasia said as Nigeria defied the odds to finish as winners at the tournament.

Sokari, now in the books of Tunisian club, CS Sfaxien, has now attempted to give his side of the story while “apologizing profusely” to the coach.

“The three of us didn't train on the day the incident happened. The coach was upset and called for a meeting later that day and asked us to leave the camp.

“Looking back now, I know I made a big mistake and I apologize profusely to the coach, my teammates and the fans.

“It is always an honour to serve the country and I hope the coach forgives me and gives me another chance,” Sokari told supersport.com.

The midfielder has scored twice for Sfaxien this season.
http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/160307/Sokari_apologizes_to_Siasia
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Sokari apologizes to Siasia
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Kingsley Sokari

More than a few eye brows were raised when Kingsley Sokari was left out of the Nigeria squad for the 2015 Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Senegal.

Sokari was an integral member of the squad in the run up to the tournament and also played a vital role to help the Nigeria under-23s reach the football event of the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo.

It was widely reported in the local media that Sokari fell out with Nigeria head coach, Samson Siasia, just before the Under-23 Afcon in Senegal.

Siasia told the media that Sokari and two of his teammates at his former club, Nzube Anaezemba and Daniel Etor, were overlooked for what he termed indiscipline.

“I feel bad in taking this decision (to expel the players from the team’s camp), but discipline must be maintained for us to achieve success in Senegal.

“All players in camp were told not to leave camp as the team would be traveling (on the weekend they were to commence pre-tournament in The Gambia), only for these three players to come and ask to be allowed to go play for their club as they wanted to be part of the victory parade.

“I had no option but to allow them leave and also in the process, leave them out of the team,” Siasia said as Nigeria defied the odds to finish as winners at the tournament.

Sokari, now in the books of Tunisian club, CS Sfaxien, has now attempted to give his side of the story while “apologizing profusely” to the coach.

“The three of us didn't train on the day the incident happened. The coach was upset and called for a meeting later that day and asked us to leave the camp.

“Looking back now, I know I made a big mistake and I apologize profusely to the coach, my teammates and the fans.

“It is always an honour to serve the country and I hope the coach forgives me and gives me another chance,” Sokari told supersport.com.

The midfielder has scored twice for Sfaxien this season.
http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/160307/Sokari_apologizes_to_Siasia
[/b]

eyaa, I feel for him sha

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
confun:
eyaa, I feel for him sha

This Kingsley Sokari of a guy wants to play a fast one on Coach Samson Siasia right? Why did it take him too long to tender the well derserved appologgy in the first place? Is it because he now feels with Coach Siasia at the helm of affairs, his chances of wearing the green white green will be slim that he now wants us to take his appology?

Hmmmmmm how life turns out to be. Me I do not feel for him oooooo. With so many options available both home and abroad, he find it difficult to get a call up. I still wish him the best though.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
@Justiz5 that is harsh

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ehizibue has been called up by the Dutch under 21. Since we are failing to give these guys a chance, it is probably best that they move on.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ehizibue has been called up by the Dutch under 21. Since we are failing to give these guys a chance, it is probably best that they move on.

Do you know how many uncapped young players Nigeria has as at today?

Even if we form four Super Eagles Teams not all of them will still get that chance you are talking about.

How many matches have the Super Eagles played in the last 5-6 months? Or you expected us to have flooded the Team to play Egypt with uncapped players just to secure their nationalities. Look at the current squad in camp you will see that there are so many debutants already.

Besides, is he even better than the crop of young Right backs we have? Is he better than Shehu Abdullahi, Sincere Seth, Musa Mohammed, Moses Odubajo; some of whom have not even seen invitation to the Super Eagles. There are also Leon Balogun and Efe Ambrose who are the more established Right back options.

I dnt think Ehizubue can even make our U23 Team if given a fair chance.

Holland can have him play for their U21 if they want. He is still eligible to play for Nigeria in future if he improves on his game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
http://www.soccerassembly.com/popularside/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21

Examining the Centre Backs eligible for the U23

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
[size=14pt]
NigeriaU23s avenge Eagles loss
[/size]

Nigeria U23 midfielder Usman Mohammed

Nigeria U23 team, the Dream Team VI, defeated the home-based Super Eagles 2-0 in a test match played in Abuja on Wednesday to avenge a similar loss they suffered the previous day.

The Super Eagles are preparing for an AFCON double-header against Egypt later this month, while the U23s will take on Rio Olympics hosts Brazil in a friendly on March 24.

Enyimba forward Joseph Osadiaye opened scoring for the Olympic team, before Usman Mohammed doubled the lead from the penalty spot in a shortened test game.

On Tuesday, Bright Onyedikachi and Godwin Obaje scored for the Eagles.
mtnfootball.com/news/617832/Nigeria-U23s-avenge-Eagles-loss

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Even if we form four Super Eagles Teams not all of them will still get that chance you are talking about.

How many matches have the Super Eagles played in the last 5-6 months? Or you expected us to have flooded the Team to play Egypt with uncapped players just to secure their nationalities. Look at the current squad in camp you will see that there are so many debutants already.

Besides, is he even better than the crop of young Right backs we have? Is he better than Shehu Abdullahi, Sincere Seth, Musa Mohammed, Moses Odubajo; some of whom have not even seen invitation to the Super Eagles. There are also Leon Balogun and Efe Ambrose who are the more established Right back options.

Holland can have him play for their U21 if they want. He is still eligible to play for Nigeria in future if he improves on his game.

I have no doubt that he will make the under 23 squad if given the chance and even push for a super eagles place. It is not as if we are flowing with right back options. Afterall, Shehu is playing right back for us (an unnatural position)they are age mates.

It is true that we have many players abroad but How many 19 year olds does Nigeria have playing in the top flight anywhere, regularly for about two seasons now at right back?

He stands out in that respect. He is already more exposed than many of our youth players.And from what I gather, he would have played for us.

We had a chance to push for him at least for age group competitions. It is the same way, we missed out on Alaba, who is arguably the best left back in the world now.

We have a right back vaccum in the Eagles and he would have fit in perfectly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Fifa Sends Oghenekaro Etebo ITC To FPF;NFF Fails To Meet Deadline
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands the governing body of football, Fifa, has issued the International Transfer Certificate of Nigeria U23 international Oghenekaro Etebo, which has paved the way for him to begin his career with Clube Desportivo Feirense.

The attacking midfielder had agreed terms with the Portuguese LigaPro side in the January transfer window but could not complete the move or travel to Portugal after Warri Wolves claimed he was contractually bound to the Seasiders.

Etebo and his intermediary now referred the matter to a single judge of the Players’ Status Committee for its consideration and decision, and the Nigeria Football Federation was instructed to issue the player his ITC no later than March 3,2016.

After that deadline expired, the Zurich-based organization had no choice but to send the player’s ITC to the Portuguese Federation.

A source close to Oghenekaro Etebo has informed this website that he may likely jet out to Portugal from Egypt (assuming he makes the Super Eagles traveling party) to begin his new adventure with Clube Desportivo Feirense.

The 20-year-old has penned a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Estádio Marcolino de Castro outfit.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18191
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
BRAZIL FRIENDLY: Osimhen storms U-23 camp Friday
Posted By: Ejiro Femi-Babafemi
[/size]

Wolfsburg striker, Victor Osimhen has been excused from hitting Brazil directly from Germany for the international friendly match against the country’s U-23 side on March 24.

Instead, the former Golden Eaglets player, who is among the 21 foreign based players called up by coach Samson Siasia for the encounter, is expected in Nigeria to fly out with the team by next weekend.

According to the team’s Media Officer, Timi Ebikagboro ”’We are expecting Victor in Abuja on Friday, although he will arrive the country on Thursday,” he said.

But when asked if it would not delay the player’s entry visa since the international passports of players and officials in camp have been submitted to the embassy, Ebikagboro said it won’t. ‘

”There should be no problem whatsoever in securing a visa for Victor since we have another week left before travelling out, ‘ he said.

”Do not forget that Victor has not started playing for the Wolfsburg senior side, he added.

The Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) had instructed all the foreign based players called up for the international engagement to secure their visas from their various bases to join the rest of the squad on March 20. The match is billed for the city of Cariacica, Vitoria, Espirito Santo.

Already Belgium-based, Godwin Saviour has been granted an entry visa with the others expected to secure theirs before next week.

The friendly forms part of the team’s preparations for the Olympics coming up in August.
http://thenationonlineng.net/brazil-friendly-osimhen-storms-u-23-camp-friday/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: SANI EMMANUEL REJECTED BY LATVIAN SIDE
[/size]

2009 U-17 World cup top scorer Sani Emmanuel has not been offered a contract by Latvian side FK Jelgava after a two weeks trial.

He was widely tipped to secure a deal with the Latvia based side but the club presented their list of players for the new season to the press and the Nigerian wasn’t listed a clear sign his period of trial wasn’t successful.

The former Lazio youth teamer has had a topsy turvy career since leaving Lazio in 2011 loan spells at Salernitana in Italy,Biel-Bienne of Switzerland and Beitar Jerusalem of Isreal didn’t provide the lift his career needed.

23 year old Sani last season played just 50 minutes of top flight football appearing four times as a substitute for Swedish side Oskarshamns AIK.

This is about the second time in a space of two years he has reportedly fail trials after he was refused a contract by Polish side Lechia Gdansk after a trial in 2013.

However he is a free player and can still move before the end of the season although that looks unlikely and even if he does it might be to teams outside mainstream Europe.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/09/exclusive-sani-emmanuel-rejected-by-latvian-side/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: OSIMHEN LINED UP BY WOLFSBURG FOR PRE SEASON TOUR
[/size]

17 year old Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen will join German side Wolfsburg in pre season activity this summer owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Wolfsburg will only be able to register the Nigerian when he turns 18 in December later this year but prior to that time they want him to be a part of their pre season team to help him acquaint himself with some of the first team player.

Presently he trains twice a week with the main team as a 17 year old and close confidants of the player told owngoalnigeria.com that he has been earning rare reviews for his performances from the head coach and senior players.

Osimhen shot to global prominence when he scored 10 goals at the 2015 U-17 World cup in Chile to emerge as the top scorer of the tournament.

Few months later he was a part of the Nigeria U-23 team that conquered Africa at the U-23 AFCON in Senegal and he is expected to be in Brazil next week when they take on Brazil in a pre Olympic friendly game against host Brazil.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/10/exclusive-osimhen-lined-up-by-wolfsburg-for-pre-season-tour/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by edi287: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pavarotti:
http://www.soccerassembly.com/popularside/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21

Examining the Centre Backs eligible for the U23
Read this on CE. Nice write up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by edi287: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: SANI EMMANUEL REJECTED BY LATVIAN SIDE
[/size]

2009 U-17 World cup top scorer Sani Emmanuel has not been offered a contract by Latvian side FK Jelgava after a two weeks trial.

He was widely tipped to secure a deal with the Latvia based side but the club presented their list of players for the new season to the press and the Nigerian wasn’t listed a clear sign his period of trial wasn’t successful.

The former Lazio youth teamer has had a topsy turvy career since leaving Lazio in 2011 loan spells at Salernitana in Italy,Biel-Bienne of Switzerland and Beitar Jerusalem of Isreal didn’t provide the lift his career needed.

23 year old Sani last season played just 50 minutes of top flight football appearing four times as a substitute for Swedish side Oskarshamns AIK.

This is about the second time in a space of two years he has reportedly fail trials after he was refused a contract by Polish side Lechia Gdansk after a trial in 2013.

However he is a free player and can still move before the end of the season although that looks unlikely and even if he does it might be to teams outside mainstream Europe.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/09/exclusive-sani-emmanuel-rejected-by-latvian-side/
[/b]

What a shame. The level of age cheating in that 09 u17 was shocking to say the least.
He needs to come back to naija and try his luck.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
edi287:

What a shame. The level of age cheating in that 09 u17 was shocking to say the least.
He needs to come back to naija and try his luck.

It does not mean, he cheated. Some youths do not make the step up. They do not improve. At 14, freddy Adu was touted as the next big thing. He did not reach any where near that level.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
Icon4s:

So that in the future when he turns out to become another David Alaba and Dele Ali, we will start bitting our fingers and saying had we known...... grin ok na!

I have my reasons for not criticizing Iwobi's inclusion on the list cos i think dey just want to cap him which is good for us.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

It does not mean, he cheated. Some youths do not make the step up. They do not improve. At 14, freddy Adu was touted as the next big thing. He did not reach any where near that level.
The '09 u-17 sets that paraded d likes of Olarewaju Kayode, Edafe Egbedi, Sanni Emmanuel(the super sub), Stanley Okoro(who was den tagged as Nigeria version of Messi), Paul d shot stopper(that dude throws ball n reaches d opponents half wit his hands) onazi(no one ever tot he 'll go far in his career after his lackluster performance against Germany) and d rest were just bunch of flukes who shone and went into oblivion.
Nigerians tot they will be d next generation of a super talented Eagles but most of them failed to live up to expectation just like d 2007 set of Chrisantus n co...

Those years were years of AGE CHEATING, no wonder we've not been able to pull a strong national team till now.

'WHATEVER A MAN SOW; HE SHALL REAP'

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
AIG07:

The '09 u-17 sets that paraded d likes of Olarewaju Kayode, Edafe Egbedi, Sanni Emmanuel(the super sub), Stanley Okoro(who was den tagged as Nigeria version of Messi), Paul d shot stopper(that dude throws ball n reaches d opponents half wit his hands) onazi(no one ever tot he 'll go far in his career after his lackluster performance against Germany) and d rest were just bunch of flukes who shone and went into oblivion.
Nigerians tot they will be d next generation of a super talented Eagles but most of them failed to live up to expectation just like d 2007 set of Chrisantus n co...

Those years were years of AGE CHEATING, no wonder we've not been able to pull a strong national team till now.

Onazi and Omeruo were also part of that set.

Not every player will be successful.There are several other factors apart from age.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
AIG07:

Bros, you don't expect all players in the under age teams to make it to the highest level. Having said that, the 2009 set produced at least five good players out of which some played at the highest level. The likes of Ogenyi-onazi, Kenneth Omerue and Ramon Azeez all played in the world Cup while Abdul Ajagun and Kayode Olanrewaju are regular players in an European league. At least that set try. On the other hand, the 2007 under 17 set produced only three players. Rabiu Ibrahim, Lukman Haruna and Dele Ajiboye.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
forgiveness:

So that in the future when he turns out to become another David Alaba and Dele Ali, we will start bitting our fingers and saying had we known...... grin ok na!

I have my reasons for not criticizing Iwobi's inclusion on the list cos i think dey just want to cap him which is good for us.

Let me start with ur last sentence. Iwobi was nt jst invited bc he is abt to b capped. He has been capped already . I am surprised u dnt know dat.

Then to ur other statement; nobody is bitting any finger bc of Alaba or Dele Alli. U cannot b capping every d!ck and harry player u see in Europe jst bc u dnt want dem to play for d other country. So we should ignore d already identified and established players and start chasing after players hu probably have nt even shown interest to play for Nigeria?

I am nt saying we should nt go after such players bt as i said before we cannot cap all of them all at once even if we parade four Super Eagles teams. After all in d last 1-2 years we have capped players like Leone Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Steven Ukoh and Alex Iwobi. In more distant past we also converted Sola Ameobi, Victor Moses and Victor Anichebe.

Such players are many and can only b introduced bit by bit.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Let me start with ur last sentence. Iwobi was nt jst invited bc he is abt to b capped. He has been capped already . I am surprised u dnt know dat.

Then to ur other statement; nobody is bitting any finger bc of Alaba or Dele Alli. U cannot b capping every d!ck and harry player u see in Europe jst bc u dnt want dem to play for d other country. So we should ignore d already identified and established players and start chasing after players hu probably have nt even shown interest to play for Nigeria?

I am nt saying we should nt go after such players bt as i said before we cannot cap all of them all at once even if we parade four Super Eagles teams. After all in d last 1-2 years we have capped players like Leone Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Steven Ukoh and Alex Iwobi. In more distant past we also converted Sola Ameobi, Victor Moses and Victor Anichebe.

Such players are many and can only b introduced bit by bit.

Can you pls kindly remind me of the match he was capped?

Maybe you are not but i have read several articles on that even just today on this forum. Maybe you are not interested in winning World Cup. Believe me with those two lads in our team, we can go places. Like Argentina with Messi is something else.

If Ehizibue is good, we should not wait until he becomes a star before chasing after him. As German, England, France etc with all the arrays of talents at their disposal, still cap players. How come ours is different?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
AIG07:

In that team were also Kenneth Omeruo, Ramon Azeez, Michael Olaitan, Abdul Ajagun, and Olanrewaju Kayode.

The thing is majority of U17 graduates dnt end up playing for d senior national team. I think so far d Japan 93 set had d highest number of players hu later played for d Super Eagles:just 5players out of 18 in dat squad. They are closely followed by that 2009 set that u are talking down. Yes 4players: Kennth Omeruo, Ogenyi Onazi, Ramon Azeez & Stanley Okoro have played for d Super Eagles. Bt for ill health Michael Olaitan i blieve would have featured for d Super Eagles by now. Now remember those boys are still below 24 , there is a possibility dat players like Abdul Ajagun, Mike Olaitan and Olanrewaju Kayode can get to feature for d eagles.

When dat crop progressed to d U20s in 2011 & 2013 they were jouned by players like: Ahmed Musa, Uche Nwofor, Shehu Abdullahi, Usman Mohammed, Wilfred Ndidi, Moses Simon, Aminu Umar, Emem Eduok and Kingsley Madu all of whom u know are Super Eagles players today. They are also known as d John Obu's boys; jst like how we have d Yemi Tela's boys, Manu's boys and Amuneke's boys.

Permit me to say that d John Obu's boys: 2009 U17, 2011 U20 & 2013 U20 dominate d Super Eagles and Olympic teams today. That production line to me did nt turn out badly.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
Icon4s:

In that team were also Kenneth Omeruo, Ramon Azeez, Michael Olaitan, Abdul Ajagun, and Olanrewaju Kayode.

The thing is majority of U17 graduates dnt end up playing for d senior national team. I think so far d Japan 93 set had d highest number of players hu later played for d Super Eagles:just 5players out of 18 in dat squad. They are closely followed by that 2009 set that u are talking down. Yes 4players: Kennth Omeruo, Ogenyi Onazi, Ramon Azeez & Stanley Okoro have played for d Super Eagles. Bt for ill health Michael Olaitan i blieve would have featured for d Super Eagles by now. Now remember those boys are still below 24 , there is a possibility dat players like Abdul Ajagun, Mike Olaitan and Olanrewaju Kayode can get to feature for d eagles.

When dat crop progressed to d U20s in 2011 & 2013 they were jouned by players like: Ahmed Musa, Uche Nwofor, Shehu Abdullahi, Usman Mohammed, Wilfred Ndidi, Moses Simon, Umar (forgotten his first name) and Kingsley Madu all of whom u know are Super Eagles players today. They are also known as d John Obu's boys; jst like how we have d Yemi Tela's boys, Manu's boys and Amuneke's boys.

Permit me to say that d John Obu's boys: 2009 U17, 2011 U20 & 2013 U20 dominate d Super Eagles and Olympic teams today. That production line to me did nt turn out badly.

Bros, Michael Olaitan was not part of 2009 under 17.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Can you pls kindly remind me of the match he was capped?

Maybe you are not but i have read several articles on that even just today on this forum. Maybe you are not interested in winning World Cup. Believe me with those two lads in our team, we can go places. Like Argentina with Messi is something else.

If Ehizibue is good, we should not wait until he becomes a star before chasing after him. As German, England, France etc with all the arrays of talents at their disposal, still cap players. How come ours is different?

Alex Iwobi featured in the NIG vs DRC and NIG vs CMR friendlies.

Talking abt Alaba and Delle Alli, i can see they have helped Austria and England respectively to win the World Cup.

Is Ehizibue d only young player that has nt been invited? We have youngsters like Awaziem, Success, Odubajo, and a host of others hu are on d waiting line. Is Ehizibue better than them?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Alex Iwobi featured in the NIG vs DRC and NIG vs CMR friendlies.

Talking abt Alaba and Delle Alli, i can see they have helped Austria and England respectively to win the World Cup.

Is Ehizibue d only young player that has nt been invited? We have youngsters like Awaziem, Success, Odubajo, and a host of others hu are on d waiting line. Is Ehizibue better than them?

We are flooded with talents and as long as we can cap Ehizibue later if he wants to play for us, just like Iwobi, I feel playing for the Netherlands U21 were there is space for him is good for us to observe him.

You can imagine Chidera Ezeh going to the U20 World Cup as a spectator. The competition is high in our youth football. Capping Ehizibue in the age group teams is not a guarantee he will play for us.

Let him improve and if he is good enough, he will get his invitation. If he wants to play for us, good. If he doesn't, we do not miss him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.