Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700250 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
chrisooblog:
You have just corroborated my point 3 seasons ago Ezekiel was hot cake now diminishing returns has set in. He played europa so what? Was he top scorer?

Ajagun did this Ajagun did that yet his coach could not wait to see the back of him

Bros, e bi like say you no see the statistics well. Check it again, you will see he scored 12 goals last season. Abi 12 goals na yam? The lad has even scored more goals than Moses Simon this season. What else do you want from him? Mind you, he is a winger and not a Striker. Ok! Tell me if there is any player better than him.

Which coach? The new coach? You should have told us how Guardiola didn't wait to see the back of Ronaldinho. You should have told us how Mourinho didn't wait to see the back of Mata.

What he did his more important to me than inexperienced bench warmers. Atleast, he is doing something. He played 69 matches for Panathinaikos-fc and scored 10 goals as a midfielder.

Abegi, come up with something else.

Agbo?

We all know Michael Olaitan already played in the Champions League two seasons ago before he suffered minor heart problem but nobody called into the national team. You see what i am talking about. Nevertheless, he came back after 10 months and played some few matches before he was loaned the next season. However, he played regularly for Fc Twente this season before he was loaned again to belgium were he still plays. Tell me who you wan take replace this boy.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Icon4s:

So you mellow down eh ? grin

Mba! I just dey talk wetin i been get for mind before.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
AIG07:

Jedijedi ke? Mba!
Don't mind Sir forgiveness. He is always funny with his selection always calling for players on loan @clubs in lesser european leagues. Justifying his point wit more game time.

Is going on loan means a player is bad? Ask Chelsea or you go and check the players they loaned out then come back here.

In lesser european leagues? shocked grin Do you mean the Spanish league, Dutch league, Belgium league and Greece league are lesser Leagues? shocked grin

Bros, check am well, they in the top ten. Although, the Greece Super-league is in the 12 position.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Alex Iwobi starts against The MSN. #smiles
Really looking out for a fine performance.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
joseph1013:

Because I will not take him over the following players who can play Attacking Midfield based on current form: iheanacho, iwobi, etebo, mikel

Which current form? You mean part time players? grin
With the exception of Mikel Obi who is no longer an attacking midfielder and i don't know if he is willing to go to Rio.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Why does he deserve to make the bench??

Uche Agbo make the bench? At whose expense please? Usman Mohammed? Ifeanyi Matthew? Obinna Nwobodo?

Usman, Matthew, and Nwobodo aren't even sure of making the trip to Rio. And you put an Agbo on the bench?

I've followed Agbo at Granada and have followed him since the 2013 Fifa U-20 world cup preps under John Obuh before the tournamet proper. And I must say you have a knack for naming a few (or some) averagely-talented and somewhat mediocre foreign-based in your squads all in the name of the term, "FOREIGN-BASED".

WETIN Local based do you sef?

Negodu this man oooo....

Kilonshele?? Kilode??

Please, can kindly list the 'averagely- talented and somehow mediocre players' and let place them side by side with the talented ones you know? grin i dey wait ooo!
Local no do me anything but i also know local players wan play for obudo oyinbo by all means. Habi i lie? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
You know the players. Most other forumites here know too.
So no need going over something that's so obvious.

Aspiring to play in Europe is because the best and most elite of football is played there, most especially, in the BIG FIVE LEAGUES (La liga, Epl, Bundesliga, Serie A and French Ligue 1).

Not every player that plays in Europe is the real deal.

forgiveness:

Please, can kindly list the 'averagely- talented and somehow mediocre players' and let place them side by side with the talented ones you know? grin i dey wait ooo!
Local no do me anything but i also know local players wan play for obudo oyinbo by all means. Habi i lie? grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
@Bolded..... Herein, lies your "disease" as regards players' selection.

That's why your list is always a mix of some brilliant, some average and some "wor-wor" players.

Latvia, kazakhstan, Moldova, Faroe islands, Cyprus, and many more are all in Europe!!!!!

Even playing In England shows nothing if you can't make a "statement" there.

Drop this mentality!!!!

Walahi! I no get am for disease. grin

Show me the player wey wor-wor for my list and i go show you the one wey wor-wor × 10. grin

Don't forget Kayode Olanrewaju is the highest goal scorer among these lot but i shot em out of my team why? Na Austria em dey play for. All those countries no go make my list. By the way, if you talk about then Madu is out. Shikena.

You say make i drop this mentality. Pls, kindly relay this advice to our local players who are dreaming to play in abroad then i go mellow. Habi I lie? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Your choice, buddy.... #smiles

forgiveness:

Walahi! I no get am for disease. grin

Show me the player wey wor-wor for my list and i go show you the one wey wor-wor × 10. grin

Don't forget Kayode Olanrewaju is the highest goal scorer among these lot but i shot em out of my team why? Na Austria em dey play for. All those countries no go make my list. By the way, if you talk about then Madu is out. Shikena.

You say make i drop this mentality. Pls, kindly relay this advice to our local players who are dreaming to play in abroad then i go mellow. Habi I lie? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Aspiring to play in Europe is because the best and most elite of football is played there, most especially, in the BIG FIVE LEAGUES (La liga, Epl, Bundesliga, Serie A and French Ligue 1).

Sir, i challenge you to list them because me i no know any average players on my list.

So, you know that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Average players like Uche Agbo? No need to go any further... You just wanna argue blindly. #smiles

forgiveness:

Sir, i challenge you to list them because me i no know any average players on my list.

So, you know that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mr Forgiveness hope u are watching Iwobi's debute champions league performance?

No mention Agbo or Ajagun near where Iwobi and Iheanacho dey o.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Icon4s:
Mr Forgiveness hope u are watching Iwobi's debute champions league performance?

No mention Agbo or Ajagun near where Iwobi and Iheanacho dey o.

How many dem commot net? grin

Anyway, the boy is not bad. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Average players like Uche Agbo? No need to go any further... You just wanna argue blindly. #smiles

If Uche Agbo is average then what do we call Success?

Pls, List the remaining ones sir. Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

forgiveness does not know we have better players in Nigeria than Cleverly who plays in a Big team in England/Europe.

Heck, I will take Nwobodo and Ifeanyi Matthew over Tom Cleverly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
And a fine performance he displayed. This Iwobi lad is just too good and yet he's still growing. I can only imagine how super-excellent he can actually become.

As for the MSN and Barca, they are the most "wicked" species of soccer stars on planet earth today and for now. Wicked!!! #smiles

TheSuperNerd:
Alex Iwobi starts against The MSN. #smiles

Really looking out for a fine performance.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Success play weekly for Granada. Agbo plays for Granada B in the third division of spain and is not even showing quality at that level.

Please!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
You dare mention Success and Agbo in the same sentence??
Chaiii.... Like I already said, no need to go any further. #smiles
forgiveness:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

forgiveness does not know we have better players in Nigeria than Cleverly who plays in a Big team in England/Europe.

We are yet to see Nwobodo and Mathew at that level. When they play at that level, you can compare.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha...... Nooo naaa... Hahahahaha..

Now you're being somewhat "overzealous" and "sentiments-inclined" Sir GoodJoe..... #smiles

TheGoodJoe:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

We are yet to see Nwobodo and Mathew at that level. When they play at that level, you can compare.

I am one of the people who watched Cleverly grow. I used to be a die hard Man Utd fan. I am not being sentimental. Which level is Clerverly.

I repeat. I prefer those guys over Cleverly.

There is what is called individual ability. What a player can do with the ball. The way he passes, the way he thinks.

Men, Cleverly is not special. Cleverly has never played a game and I am stunned while I watched him. I am someone who watched that kid from the Academy.

Watch Matthew during the Chan, anyone who watched him, saw pure brilliance.

Many people overhype the European level. Look at Awaziem leaving Nigeria and in a short time, his is performing at that level.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sir Forgiveness, I think you need to apologise to this honorable house for putting Uche Henry Agbo on the list of players that would sit on d bench in Rio. grin

He is nowhere near being worthy of that bench.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahaha...... Nooo naaa... Hahahahaha..

Now you're being somewhat "overzealous" and "sentiments-inclined" Sir GoodJoe..... #smiles

Tell me what is special about Cleverly. That boy is a passenger. If he moves to Spain, he will disappear. It is just catchment keeping him in the End.

Can you compare him in anyway to Barkley, Dele Alli, Bentaleb? Even Sergi Roberto pass him ten times.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Which better players in Nigeria You mean Ifeanyi Matthew and Nwobodo? Bros, do you think European clubs don't have their scouts in Nigeria then how come they have not been noticed with all their amazing talents? Bros, our best have been shipped out to abroad. Shikena!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Dem wan kill me today. grin but i no go die. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Which better players in Nigeria You mean Ifeanyi Matthew and Nwobodo? Bros, do you think European clubs don't have their scouts in Nigeria then how come they have not been noticed with all their amazing talents? Bros, our best have been shipped out to abroad. Shikena!

"Egypt have good wingers who are skillful and fast. They are the dangerous ones Eagles must pin down, the likes of Mostafa Fathy and Ayman Hefny. They are far more dangerous than Salah as far as I am concerned."... Moruf Yusuf, Zamalek FC.

You will deceive yourself big time if you believe all the good talents are in Europe. You think the scouts watch every team and game? Even if they watch, there is no guarantee they will make the perfect choice.

Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood went to Netherlands to scout Suarez for Liverpool and they decided he was not good enough. When they made that decision, Ruud Gullit was shocked.

I repeat and I will say it again. Cleverly is a big boy in Europe and he can not play better than Nwobodo and Matthew.

You guys no me. I do not hide my mouth. Cleverly has no special ability. Maybe ones in a while he manages to score a long range goal. The best thing he did was a preseason goal in America that was like wow. Apart from that, nothing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
forgiveness:
Dem wan kill me today. grin but i no go die. grin

You no go die my Brother. U know... to defend an argument here on this thread u need a big heart.

I dnt think u and I have ever been on d same side of any argument.It is good having pple like u around so there would always b one controversy or the other to discuss grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am one of the people who watched Cleverly grow. I used to be a die hard Man Utd fan. I am not being sentimental. Which level is Clerverly.

I repeat. I prefer those guys over Cleverly.

There is what is called individual ability. What a player can do with the ball. The way he passes, the way he thinks.

Men, Cleverly is not special. Cleverly has never played a game and I am stunned while I watched him. I am someone who watched that kid from the Academy.

Watch Matthew during the Chan, anyone who watched him, saw pure brilliance.

Many people overhype the European level. Look at Awaziem leaving Nigeria and in a short time, his is performing at that level.

CHAN is not the same things at playing in a competitive league. We have seen prospects that fail to make the grade at a top level even with brilliant displays in their youth. Musa muhammed was excellent at cadet level but at a modest Turkish club, he is yet to find his rhythm. Cleverly is not a bad player perhaps not Manchester United standard but that does not make him a bad player.

Let us not overhype players until they can prove themselves on a higher level.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, our best have been shipped out to abroad. Shikena!

That says it all. For an African to leave our Shores to one of the top clubs, you have to be above the average in the top clubs. Just as you see Iheanacho. Do you know how difficult it is to get a work permit? That will tell you how difficult it is for our players to make it to Europe.

Many good talents get left behind. Try and watch Mfon Udoh with the ball. Watch closely.

It will be ridiculous for you to believe that every player in Granada is better than all the players in our local League.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

CHAN is not the same things at playing in a competitive league. We have seen prospects that fail to make the grade at a top level even with brilliant displays in their youth. Musa muhammed was excellent at cadet level but at a modest Turkish club, he is yet to find his rhythm. Cleverly is not a bad player perhaps not Manchester United standard but that does not make him a bad player.

Let us not overhype players until they can prove themselves on a higher level.

Cleverly is not Everton standard self. I said individual ability. What the player can do with the ball. His ball control. His passing ability. Why do you think scouts can sign a player from the street and the player becomes recognized in a short time.

Cleverly as an individual player is not top class or mind blowing or special. I repeat he is there based on catchment area. That is why England increased the number of English boys you must play.

Ability wise, passing, long and short, ball control, vision etc, Nwobodo and Matthew pass him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Success play weekly for Granada. Agbo plays for Granada B in the third division of spain and is not even showing quality at that level.

Please!!

Bros, I saw Agbo played several times and i don't think he is an average player. He has played 6 league matches and 4 Copa-del-rey matches. He even started in 6 of those matches and went the distance in. That shows you that he is gradually picking up.

However, i just love his confidence and his attacking and defensive ability. His case his not different from Iwobi na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
You're right Sir GoodJoe..... #smiles

I just think it's a bit too far placing Nwobodo or matthew side by side with Tom Cleverly for now...

And abeg!!! No try am again ooo.... No mention Cleverly in the same sentence as Alli, Bentaleb, Barkley and the delectable Sergi Roberto. NO TRY AMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

#bigsmiles

TheGoodJoe:

Tell me what is special about Cleverly. That boy is a passenger. If he moves to Spain, he will disappear. It is just catchment keeping him in the End.

Can you compare him in anyway to Barkley, Dele Alli, Bentaleb? Even Sergi Roberto pass him ten times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.