Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700001 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
Belgium club Oostende to release #NGA U23 attacker Godwin Saviour after just six months. Played just 20 minutes.

Manu Garba selection at the world youth Championships is beyond baffling.

Hmm! And someone said playing in European league is nothing. See now, he has been released after 6 months. While those that have been playing in Europe for more than 3 years are despised.

Who saw Imoh Ezekiel played yesterday in the Europa League? Hehehe!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
confun:
D supernerd, happy birthday in arrears..llnp

Doc, y did u cut-off d other parts of ur comment? Well, some of us sighted it. wink

Welldone.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
joseph1013:
While it's true that Manu's selections were appalling, I don't think Saviour's choice was a bad call. He, at the time, was a very good player. Remember that he was playing first team in the U23 team at that time. Infact he was so good in the U20 camp that Simon Moses was willing to recommend him to his club in Belgium.

I'm surprised at what has happened to him. I hope he bounces back.

Such things happen to players. It does nt imply the end of his career. U saw Quadrado's case with Chelsea and now he is in Juventus doing well. Another such player is Angel Di Maria hu is now on fire at PSG. If his play pattern doesn't suite dat of d club's philosophy then they should loan him out. He could possibly rediscover himself.

And to his inclusion in Manu U20 WC selection. I am surprised that peeps are bringing it up in this matter. Savior simply impressed d coaches in camp and so made d squad. Is he d only member of that squad that has been struggling at club level? How are the following players fairing: Musa Mohammed, Zaharadeen Bello, Chidiebere Nwakali, Musa Yahaya, even Taiwo Awoniyi and a host of others. They are all still struggling to find their footing in professional football.
The only 4 members of that squad that have really set their careers rolling are Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon, Isaac Success and Dele Alampasu. Ifeanyi Matthew is also doing well on d local front bt i feel he deserves a better league.

Savior is a good player, he can still bounce back. Remember Manunited released a yound Paul Pogba, Chelsea also sold-off young Romelo Lukaku and Daniel Sturridge and u know where these players are today.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Icon4s:

Such things happen to players. It does nt imply the end of his career. U saw Quadrado's case with Chelsea and now he is in Juventus doing well. Another such player is Angel Di Maria hu is now on fire at PSG. If his play pattern doesn't suite dat of d club's philosophy then they should loan him out. He could possibly rediscover himself.

And to his inclusion in Manu U20 WC selection. I am surprised that peeps are bringing it up in this matter. Savior simply impressed d coaches in camp and so made d squad. Is he d only member of that squad that has been struggling at club level? How are the following players fairing: Musa Mohammed, Zaharadeen Bello, Chidiebere Nwakali, Musa Yahaya, even Taiwo Awoniyi and a host of others. They are all still struggling to find their footing in professional football.
The only 4 members of that squad that have really set their careers rolling are Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon, Isaac Success and Dele Alampasu. Ifeanyi Matthew and Obinna Nwobodo are also doing well on d local front.

Savior is a good player, he can still bounce back. Remember Manunited released a yound Paul Pogba, Chelsea also releaded young Romelo Lukaku and Daniel Struridge and u know where these players are today.

As regards his selection in Manu's team, i can't begrudge him that but as a starter, I think Manu messed up.

Manu kept, Success, Iheanacho and Yahaya on the bench at the same time.Those were arguably his best three attackers in terms of natural ability.

Nwakali is struggling but Awoniyi has overcome the initial struggle and is now playing regularly.

I hope Godwin gets the opportunity to shine again.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

As regards his selection in Manu's team, i can't begrudge him that but as a starter, I think Manu messed up.

Manu kept, Success, Iheanacho and Yahaya on the bench at the same time.Those were arguably his best three attackers in terms of natural ability.

Nwakali is struggling but Awoniyi has overcome the initial struggle and is now playing regularly.

I hope Godwin gets the opportunity to shine again.

I do nt fault Godwin Savior's starting of our second and subsequent games after Iheanacho and Yahaya failed to live up to expectation in d game against Brazil. They simply didn't fit into d coache's philosophy and got relegated to d bench. Savior scored twice against North Korea. The selection i majorly disagreed with was starting Awoniyi ahead of Success even though Success had scored 2goals after d first 2games with Awoniyi nt scoring any.

By and large I know i had this argument with some peeps here; i have seen better talented crops than these Manu boys.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Icon4s:

I do nt fault Godwin Savior's starting of our second and subsequent games after Iheanacho and Yahaya failed to live up to expectation in d game against Brazil. They simply didn't fit into d coache's philosophy and got relegated to d bench. Savior scored twice against North Korea. The selection i majorly disagreed with was starting Awoniyi ahead of Success even though Success had scored 2goals after d first 2games with Awoniyi nt scoring any.

By and large I know i had this argument with some peeps here; i have seen better talented crops than these Manu boys.

North Korea was one of the worst teams in the tournament.

The argument then was that Yahaya and Iheanacho were not tracking back. We then sacrificed our attacking vibrancy for defensive solidity using hard workers. We failed to find a balance.

It cost us.

In the first half of the Brazil game, Nigeria played very well and matched Brazil because we had the best players. We lost.

Against Germany, we were outplayed throughout the game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

North Korea was one of the worst team in the tournament.

The argument then was that Yahaya and Iheanacho were not tracking back. We then sacrificed our attacking vibrancy for defensive solidity using hard workers. We failed to find a balance.

It cost us.

In the first half of the Brazil game, Nigeria played very well and matched Brazil because we had the best players. We lost.

Against Germany, we were outplayed throughout the game.

U get my point. Manu prefered players with defensive abilities. Against Brazil we played more or less a 4-2-4 formation as Yahaya and Iheanacho who were fielded as midfielders drifted more into attacking positions and nt tracking back to support Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Ifeanyi Mathew in d midfield when d need arose..Awoniyi was virtially left with nt much responsibilties as Sucsess, Iheanacho and Yahaya were all actively involved in d attacling business. Success and Yahaya scored a goal each while Iheanacho hit d cross-bar. The 2 Ifeanyis were left alone to contain d rampaging Brazilians after Nigeria went 2-1 up. The defence was put under pressure and d team conceded 3goals in succession.

In d Second game Manu brought in Bulbwa, Savior & Sokari hu are more natural midfielders and also with better defensive abilities than Yahaya and Iheanacho. The team switched to 4-5-1 as Success also got relegated to s bench. The switch paid off as d team won 4-1 against North Korea.

Manu maintained that same shape in d next game against Hungary and we won 2-0.

No normal thinking coach would want to change d composition of d team dat has produced such results. U DNT CHANGE A WINNING TEAM.That was y he maintaind dat same formation against Germany. We lost 1-0. I believe We still could have lost even if we started Yahaya, Iheanacho and Success. Mayb d result could have been like 3-1, 4-1 or 4-2.
We were no match for d Germans.

Those Manu boys better work hard and raise their games both at club level and at d national teams to b able to compete favorably with d host of Nigerian young talents springing up from different leagues in d world.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Very funny Madam Confun... Or should I say Doctor Confun.... Yeah. That'll be cool. #smiles

You referred to me as a "junior colleague" in your "original post". Hmm.... So glad to know you're a senior in the field ma'am.

Yes, I saw your "initial post" ma'am. "All of it".... #smiles.

Thank you so very much. And thanks for the amiable compliments Ma'am... I'm humbled. #smiles.

Godbless.

confun:
D supernerd, happy birthday in arrears..llnp

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Icon4s:

The only 4 members of that squad that have really set their careers rolling are Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon, Isaac Success and Dele Alampasu. Ifeanyi Matthew is also doing well on d local front bt i feel he deserves a better league.

Savior is a good player, he can still bounce back. Remember Manunited released a yound Paul Pogba, Chelsea also sold-off young Romelo Lukaku and Daniel Sturridge and u know where these players are today.

Bros, this ya sermon for good when we discussed Abdul Ajagun case but you reserved it for today. That's life 4 you.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, this ya sermon for good when we discussed Abdul Ajagun case but you reserved it for today. That's life 4 you.

This is a different senerio. I told u Ajagun deserves call up to d U23 bt he is nt our best midfielder as you put it.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Icon4s:

This is a different senerio. I told u Ajagun deserves call up to d U23 bt he is nt our best midfielder as you put it.

Yes, it is a very very different senerio. Why? Because one was loaned out but the other was kick out out. Yeah! You are right on point.

'As i put it' me? Mistaken identity, i guess. Probably, you should have said he is more experienced than all the attacking midfielder we have at hand at the moment.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
I saw Moses Odubanjo and Sone Aluko played today. Sone Aluko was more effective on the wing than playing behind the striker. Moses Odubanjo is a very skillful player and i think he has no contenders in the U23 team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2016
LIVERPOOL LOANEE AWONIYI SCORES FIRST
PROFESSIONAL GOAL

...................................................................................

Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi scored his first
professional club career goal striking the opener for
his loan side FSV Frankfurt who threw away a two goal lead to draw 2-2 with Heideinheim in a German
second division game.

Awoniyi who has played 6 games without scoring
proved he has not lost his scoring touch when he put his team ahead in the 22nd minute for his first
professional goal since turning professional in August when he signed a five year deal with
Liverpool.

FSV Frankfurt were coasting when Fanol Perdedaj
doubled their lead but they were stunned by two late
goals from the host within a space of seven minutes
to snatch a point.

Known for his goal scoring abilities back home in
Nigeria his goal should spur him to new height ahead of Nigeria U-23 friendly game against Brazil on the 24th of March.

The 2013 U-17 WYC winner with Nigeria had a
whirlwind 18 months last year when he was top
striker for the Nigeria U-20 and 23 team a form that
earned him a move to Liverpool.
.....................................................................................

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/18/liverpool-loanee-awoniyi-scores-first-professional-goal/#more-1969

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:42am On Mar 19, 2016
forgiveness:

Yes, it is a very very different senerio. Why? Because one was loaned out but the other was kick out out. Yeah! You are right on point.

'As i put it' me? Mistaken identity, i guess. Probably, you should have said he is more experienced than all the attacking midfielder we have at hand at the moment.

By including Ajagun in ur starting XI as an AM it simply implies he is the best for that position.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Siasia's final list for Brazil:

Goalkeepers: Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed

Defenders: Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule, Ndifreke Effiong, Musa Mohammed, Godswill Ekpolo

Midfielders: Stanley Dimgba, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola

Forwards: Victor Osimhen, Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilous Solomon, Saturday Kaego
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:10am On Mar 19, 2016
^ looks like an experimental midfield. A chance for EzeKiel to bounce back.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2016
why is iwobi missing
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On Mar 19, 2016
jotey:
why is iwobi missing

No Ifeanyi Matthew, No Obinna Nwobodo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No Ifeanyi Matthew, No Obinna Nwobodo.
very weak list.....
poor midfield....
manageable defence

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:26am On Mar 19, 2016
jotey:
very weak list.....
poor midfield....
manageable defence

It is a friendly to test some new players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Emmanuel Sonupe Making Inroads At Tottenham Hotspur
[/size]

Emmanuel Sonupe helped Tottenham Hotspur thrash Leicester City 3-0 in the U21 Premier League Division 1 on Friday night at King Power Stadium.

London-born Sonupe was impressive throughout the contest and was credited with a helper in the 14th minute when his shot took a deflection and Shayon Harrison stretched out a leg to score the opening goal.

The 19-year-old, who recorded his 15th appearance of the season in the U21 Premier League, was substituted in the 83rd minute.

For the past four years, Emmanuel Sonupe has been on the books of Tottenham Hotspur though he enjoyed a loan spell with St Mirren in 2015, making 4 appearances for the Scottish Premiership side.

The attacking midfielder has caps for England’s U16 and U18 teams but remains eligible to represent Nigeria through his parents.

Igho Kingsely
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18304
[/b]

*****Modified***

Thanks for the patience...gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
OSAYAMEN OSAWE JOINS KAISERSLAUTERN
[/size]

22 year old Nigeria forward Osayamen Osawe has signed a three year deal with German side Kaiserslautern from third division side Hallescher FC.

The Anglo Nigerian will join the second division team next season where he will be hoping he reenact the scoring form that made them snap him up in a deal brokered by Nigerian agent Christopher Adedeji.

Osawe joins Kaiserslautern with a goal record of 17 and 10 assists in 62 games for Hallescher FC which includes 10 times from 30 games this season.

Delighted at his capture coach of Kaiserslautern Konrad Funfstuck said his potential made them move for him.

“Yamen Osawe is an extremely fast and prolific forward who has made his mark in the third division hence earned the right to move to a step higher, we are happy that he choose us (Kaiserslautern) as his next career step”.

In the past he has trained with Blackburn Rovers and FC Southport but wasn’t offered a deal.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/19/osayamen-osawe-joins-kaiserslautern/
[/b]

~~Modified again~~

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Barcelona Defender Ekpolo Commits International Future To Nigeria; Named In Squad To Face Brazil
[/size]

Barcelona defender Godswill Ekpolo and Tottenham Hotspur striker Nathan Oduwa are set to commit their international future to Nigeria ahead of Spain and England respectively.

The two promising players have been included in a 20-player roster for the international friendly between the Dream Team VI and the Seleção in Cariacica, Vitoria, Espirito Santo on March 24.

Eleven foreign-based professionals have been called up by coach Samson Siasia, including Anderlecht frontman Imoh Ezekieland Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi.

Having been recalled from the Super Eagles, goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel and defender Sincere Seth will be among the traveling party to Brazil on Sunday aboard a South African Airways flight.

Usman Mohammed and Bright Onyedikachi have been axed from the squad due to visa issues after submitting their passports late, while Chima Akas is with the Enyimba squad for a Champions League game in Burundi and was not considered.

Nigeria U23s Squad
Goalkeepers(2): Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed
Defenders(6): Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule, Ndifreke Effiong, Musa Mohammed, Godswill Ekpolo

Midfielders(6): Stanley Dimgba, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola

Forwards(6): Victor Osimhen, Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilous Solomon, Saturday Kaego
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18300
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool Loanee Taiwo Awoniyi Scores First Professional Goal
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Taiwo Awoniyi opened his goalscoring account for FSV Frankfurt in their 2-2 draw against FC Heidenheim in the German 2 Bundesliga on Friday night.

The Liverpool loanee had previously played six games for Bornheimerin all competitions before finding the net for the first time at the Voith-Arena, racking up 385 minutes of playing time in the process.

In the 22nd minute, Awoniyi was the quickest to react after Heidenheim netminder Jan Zimmermann pushed a goal-bound effort into his path and he stabbed home from close range.

Aged 18, the Imperial Soccer Academy product is on loan at FSV Frankfurt from Liverpool until the end of the 2015-16.

Internationally, he will head to Brazil this weekend for the Nigeria U23s friendly against the South American powerhouse next Thursday.
Igho Kingsley
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18296
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Barcelona Defender Ekpolo Commits International Future To Nigeria; Named In Squad To Face Brazil
[/size]

Barcelona defender Godswill Ekpolo and Tottenham Hotspur striker Nathan Oduwa are set to commit their international future to Nigeria ahead of Spain and England respectively.

The two promising players have been included in a 20-player roster for the international friendly between the Dream Team VI and the Seleção in Cariacica, Vitoria, Espirito Santo on March 24.

Eleven foreign-based professionals have been called up by coach Samson Siasia, including Anderlecht frontman Imoh Ezekieland Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi.

Having been recalled from the Super Eagles, goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel and defender Sincere Seth will be among the traveling party to Brazil on Sunday aboard a South African Airways flight.

Usman Mohammed and Bright Onyedikachi have been axed from the squad due to visa issues after submitting their passports late, while Chima Akas is with the Enyimba squad for a Champions League game in Burundi and was not considered.

Nigeria U23s Squad
Goalkeepers(2): Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed
Defenders(6): Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule, Ndifreke Effiong, Musa Mohammed, Godswill Ekpolo

Midfielders(6): Stanley Dimgba, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola

Forwards(6): Victor Osimhen, Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilous Solomon, Saturday Kaego
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18300
[/b]

Hehehe!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:35am On Mar 19, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehe!
Y?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
OLAYINKA RETURNS TO FULL TRAINING FOR GENT SET SIGHT ON LEAGUE TITLE
[/size]

Belgium league title hopefuls Gent can now fully count on their January acquisition Peter Olayinka as the Nigerian has made full recovery from the injury that has kept him out since January.

Olayinka joined Gent in January from Albanian side Skenderbeu Korce but got injured in training but despite recovering since two weeks ago he was deemed not fit enough for competitive matches by coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck.

However the 20 year old has been pulling his weight in training since they moved to Spain for a short camp ahead of the playoffs for the Belgium league title.

So far he has participated in all of the drills both physical and tactical with no set back meaning he is ready to play his first game since joining the team six months ago.

He will be hoping to add another trophy to his name after helping Skenderbreu Korce to the league title in the 2014/2015 season and probably add to his 2015/2016 goals tally of 10 all scored while in Albania.

Gent are the defending champions of the league in Belgium and they are set to trade tackles with Club Brugge and Anderlecht for the title in the playoffs which begins on the 1st of April 2016.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/19/olayinka-returns-to-full-training-for-gent-set-sight-on-league-title/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
DREAM TEAM VI ELOHOR IN FINE FORM FOR BARCELONA AHEAD OF BRAZIL FRIENDLY
[/size]

20 year old Barcelona II defender Godswill Ekpolo Elohor who is part of the foreign based players invited for Nigeria-23 friendly game against their Brazilian counterparts is currently having his best season in two years.

Last season injury ruled him out for the majority of the season and in his absence the B team got relegated and they now campaign in the third division where the Nigerian is thriving as a full back from either side of defence.

He has so far played in 20 games for the team who are currently 9th on the log standing in the Spanish third division with 6 yellow cards to his name making him one of the players who has played more games this season.

Although he is yet to score this season he is known for his abilities in front of goal as he proved for the Barcelona Juvenile squad where he was one of their captains when they won the 2013 UEFA youth league.

In that tournament he played in almost all their games picking up assists and scoring four times along the way which earned him a professional contract with the team.

Injuries slowed down his progress to the main team but this season he has trained once with players of the Barcelona all conquering first team and after putting behind his injury worries he will be eyeing a spot in the main team in a not too distant future.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/18/elohor-in-fine-form-for-barcelona-ahead-of-dream-team-vi-friendly-with-brazil/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
BRAZIL VS NIGERIA: BRAZIL IMMIGRATION ISSUES VISA TO DREAM TEAM VI INVITEE ERIMUYA
[/size]

Saturday Keigo Erimuya has successfully secured visa to travel to Brazil for Nigeria’s Under-23 friendly game against their Brazilian counterparts.

Erimuya first visited the Brazil embassy in Turkey on Thursday the 10th of March but was asked to come back the next day and was finally given his visa today.

A picture of the visa made available to Owngoalnigeria.com shows he was given a 30 days visa and the Kayseri Erciyesspor defender is set to travel to the samba nation on Sunday the 20th of March.

The ex BJ foundation captain who was a shock inclusion in the team for the friendly against Brazil will be hoping he get some playing time in the game to help him stake a claim for a spot in the Nigeria team for the Olympics later in the year.

Nigeria will take on Brazil on the 24th of March in a friendly game meant to prepare both teams ahead of their campaign at the Rio Olympics.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/17/brazil-vs-nigeria-brazil-immigration-issues-visa-to-dream-team-vi-invitee-erimuya/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: NO KuPS DEAL YET FOR ALIYU ABUBAKAR
[/size]

Nigeria youth international Aliyu Abubakar who has reportedly joined Finnish side Kuopion Palloseura (KuPS) is yet to be given a deal by the team.

Owngoalnigeria gathered he will undergo a two weeks trial with the team from where he will be assessed and offered a deal if deemed wanted by the team.

The 2013 U-17 WYC winner will play games with the B team of KuPS and had training sessions with the main team starting from next week in his bid to earn a one and half year deal at the team that finished 9th last season in Finland.

If he succeeds in the trial he will join the trio of Paul Onobi,Azubuike Egwuekwe and Gbolahan Salami at the club which will be his second in Europe after a failed stint with MS Ashdod of Israel.

He left the Israeli side six months after joining them after they were relegated to the second division with the Nigerian only playing in games for their youth sides.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/18/exclusive-no-kups-deal-yet-for-aliyu-abubakar/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Icon4s:

Doc, y did u cut-off d other parts of ur comment? Well, some of us sighted it. wink

Welldone.
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.