Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700368 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:
This is why I was annoyed he was going to Manchester City instead of Arsenal or Porto. City will always buy big name players ( who are not necessarily better than Kelechi ) and will play him ahead of him. His father really goffed, he should never have allowed his kid to go to city because of money.

However, with Guardiola coming in, that may change. Let's just hope.

I think the father was right. What is most important at this stage of Nacho's career is developing into a top talent. He gained that at Man City. Training with top coaches, high quality equipments and training with top players.

“When you’re playing with world-class players and training with them every day you become a better footballer in my opinion. You learn a lot more training with the likes of [Mesut] Ozil and [Alexis] Sanchez.”...Iwobi.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think the father was right. What is most important at this stage of Nacho's career is developing into a top talent. He gained that at Man City. Training with top coaches, high quality equipments and training with top players.

“When you’re playing with world-class players and training with them every day you become a better footballer in my opinion. You learn a lot more training with the likes of [Mesut] Ozil and [Alexis] Sanchez.”...Iwobi.
Arsenal and Porto have better training facilities compared to City who are just trying to catch up.

It is not as if he was rejecting Eyimba for City.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
People say we are age cheats and i laugh. The wool has been over our eyes for decades. The truth is we can't win senior events because most the European teams have been on performance enhancing drugs. FIFA needs to put more energy into cleaning up the sport cuz i guarrantee on a fair day Denmark in 1998 would never beat my Eagles, I didn't believe it then and i won't believe it now.
I remember that match well, they didn't beat us cos they were superior, we simply played with no interest in the match. The boys played individually with even Taribo keenly interested in scoring forgetting his main duty.

Yes, tons of drug cheating ( won't be surprise if Messi, Tevez and Arsenal's Sanchez are caught one day) in football but wasn't the reason why Denmark sparked us.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

PED's give players a mental and physical edge, they recorver faster and are on a faster tempo. A team who defeats Spain in mind blowing fashion does not get blown out by Denmark. Look it doesn't matter what hotel a team stays in or its tactics, all that matters are the players. If teams are getting an unfair advantage which improves the level of their players it is cheating and it is wrong.
How many goals did Diego Maradona score against us in 94 despite his drugs?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:
How many goals did Diego Maradona score against us in 94 despite his drugs?

Oga cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Caspian22(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:
I will be more regular on here soon. Was addicted to the politics section ( with another username ) but not any more. I can't stomach the tribal war ( igbo vs yoruba vs hausa ) hence I am back to my first love, FOOTBALL.

I'm Looking forward
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Icon4s:

That moment when a team has already made 3 substitutions and the game is approaching extra Time. And suddenly a player picks up an injury that rules him out for the rest of the match. And no more substitution angry

I saw the above scenario play-out at the 1988 AFCON in the semi-final clash between Nigeria and Algeria. Who I fit ask here now o? Emm... undecided

Ehen.. forgiveness cheesy you remember that game?

With the game at 1-1 a Nigerian player (think Ademola Adeshina or so.Cant remember well again) had received a Red Card midway into second half of the match. Abt 85mins into the game both teams had made all 3 substitutions. And as the game approached extra time, the Nigerians knew that the Algerians, having the extra player, would have the edge. Then a Legendary player BRIGHT "10-10" OMOKARO ensured both Teams entered extra-time on same scores and same number of men. How?

Omokaro simply injured one of the Algerian players. As the player was being stretchered out Omokaro shouted "10-10 oya make ball continue" grin. The commentator, the Late Ernest Okonkwo, then also shouted some like " it is now 10-10" !
Algeria had already exhausted their 3 subs so no way that player could be replaced. grin

Both teams finished the game "10-10".

That was where Bright Omokaro got his popular nick name "10-10" grin

So introducing a 4th substitution in extra time would prevent the kind of "10-10 scenario.

Chaiiiiiii see wickedness a beg. grin
Naija no dey carry last.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
[size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: U-23 GETS FULL HOUSE IN BRAZIL AS TRAINING RESUMES
[/size]

The camp of the Nigeria U-23 is bubbling as they now have the full compliment of all players both foreign and local invited for the friendly in Brazil against the host of the next Olympic.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered the contingent from Nigeria arrived Brazil yesterday as reported around 10pm local time and this morning they had a light work out.

They will have another session in the evening as we gathered they will be training twice until a day to the game when they are expected to train just once.

Training was handled by coach Fatai Amoo the assistant to Samson Siasia who is presently handling the Super Eagles in interim capacity.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/22/exclusive-u-23-gets-full-house-in-brazil-as-training-resumes/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
terzurum5:

Chaiiiiiii see wickedness a beg. grin
Naija no dey carry last.

Italy did the same thing to Nigeria in USA 94

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Arsenal and Porto have better training facilities compared to City who are just trying to catch up.

Manchester City's Etihad Campus is one of the best in the World. Pellegrini who used to Coach Real Madrid said the Etihad campus is better than Real Madrid's own. So you can not say Arsenal and Porto's own is better.

Iheanacho gained a lot from City and this is an important part in his career where he needed training.

Iwobi did not get more playing time than Nacho with less expensive players at Arsenal but you can see his growth.

Iheanacho's father was right there.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Brazil news: Lights go out ahead of friendly against Nigeria
[/size]
Officials called for a truck to be parked alongside the pitch after the lights went out at the Engenheiro Araripe stadium.

Dunga during an earlier training session

Brazil's Olympic soccer team trained in the headlights of a lorry on Monday after the floodlights failed at their training ground, local news media reported.

Officials called for a truck to be parked alongside the pitch after the lights went out at the Engenheiro Araripe stadium, allowing the players to practice ahead of Thursday's friendly against Nigeria.

The match is being played in Espirito Santo, a small coastal state where no games were held during the 2014 World Cup. Brazil built or renovated 12 stadiums for the competition.

Rafinha Alcantara (Barcelona), Andreas Pereira (Manchester United) and Felipe Anderson (Lazio) are among the biggest names in a squad that will try to win Olympicgold for the first time in August in Rio de Janeiro.
m.sportskeeda.com/football/lights-go-out-brazil-ahead-friendly-nigeria
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:

This Pellegrini's quote says it all.

Pellegrini said: “It’s unbelievable. I have been in other major training grounds, such as Real Madrid but this one is the best I’ve ever seen.”

“It’s a very important improvement of this club. It’s a fantastic training ground, it’s a huge training ground.

“We have all that we need, for physios, for training, for pitches — I think it’s wonderful.

“For me it’s one of the most important things to have an impressive training ground and as all the squads play together with the professional players, we are going to improve in all senses.”

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive: Watford Thrashing Out Uche Terms With Granada
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that English Premier League club Watford are exploring ways to sign ex-Nigeria U20 international Uche Agbo from Granada in the summer.

Uche’s teammate at the Andalusian outfit, Isaac Success, is in the final round of talks with Hornets suits regarding a transfer and the central midfielder could follow his pal to The Vic in the coming months.

Watford higher-ups are scheduled to fly to Spain before the first week of April to conclude negotiations with their sister club and representatives of the former Enyimba star.

Uche officially joined Udinese in 2014 following a successful trial but has been on the books of Granada for the last two years.

The 20-year-old is tied to the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes outfit until the summer of 2018.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18362
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Tottenham Hotspur Starlet Oduwa Poised To Make Nigeria Debut Against Brazil
[/size]
It is all but confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur winger Nathan Oduwa will play his first game for the Nigeria U23s against their Brazilian counterparts on Thursday, March 24.

The Nigeria Football Federation is reporting that Oduwa and the other invited foreign-based professionals arrived the Hotel Ilha Do Boi camp of the U-23 National Team on Monday.

Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi and Musa Mohammed were the first to arrive and they were later joined by Oduwa, Sodiq Popoola, Imoh Ezekiel, Agboyi Ovbokha, Theophilous Solomon and Godswill Ekpolo.

The delegation from Nigeria, led by NFF Deputy General Secretary, Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, departed from Lagos via South Africa from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Sunday, aboard a South African Airways flight.

The team had their first training session on Brazilian soil on Tuesday morning local time.
Igho Kingsley
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18363
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
amagunnerfan:

Manchester City are officially opening their City Football Academy

City spent between £150m and £200m on the facility, which is being hailed as the best of its kind in the world

Etihad Campus is built across road from club's stadium and is connected by a bridge
City defender Pablo Zabaleta admitted: 'I’d rather be here than my house!'

Zabaleta also revealed Lionel Messi was 'very impressed' with facility when he visited with Argentina

There are 16 football pitches, three gyms, cryotherapy and ultra-sound rooms, six swimming pools, and more

Third floor of the academy is entirely reserved for players' bedrooms, meaning it is effectively a team hotel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2862372/Manchester-City-reveal-new-200m-Etihad-Campus-finest-training-facility-world.html

When Argentina camped and trained at the Etihad Campus. Iheanacho was one of the players selected to train with the likes of Lavezzi and Mascherano.

Man City was a superb choice.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive: Watford Thrashing Out Uche Terms With Granada
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that English Premier League club Watford are exploring ways to sign ex-Nigeria U20 international Uche Agbo from Granada in the summer.

Uche’s teammate at the Andalusian outfit, Isaac Success, is in the final round of talks with Hornets suits regarding a transfer and the central midfielder could follow his pal to The Vic in the coming months.

Watford higher-ups are scheduled to fly to Spain before the first week of April to conclude negotiations with their sister club and representatives of the former Enyimba star.

Uche officially joined Udinese in 2014 following a successful trial but has been on the books of Granada for the last two years.

The 20-year-old is tied to the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes outfit until the summer of 2018.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18362
[/b]

Hehehe! I no talk am! grin The first time i saw him played, i said to myself "this boy good ooooo, come get confidence join am". But some people wan finish me because of this guy matter. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehe! I no talk am! grin The first time i saw him played, i said to myself "this boy good ooooo, come get confidence join am". But some people wan finish me because of this guy matter. grin

ANS News is a rumor mill.... Take the news with a pinch of salt.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 4:23am On Mar 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Manchester City's Etihad Campus is one of the best in the World. Pellegrini who used to Coach Real Madrid said the Etihad campus is better than Real Madrid's own. So you can not say Arsenal and Porto's own is better.

Iheanacho gained a lot from City and this is an important part in his career where he needed training.

Iwobi did not get more playing time than Nacho with less expensive players at Arsenal but you can see his growth.

Iheanacho's father was right there.
I did say City were catching up with others. And let's face it, having the best facility alone isn't enough.

Will he be given the chance to showcase what he learns from the training ground?

That's more important. As for Iwobi, this was his break through season. Kelechi was more well rated than him.

Do you honestly think Kelechi would have played if City didn't suffer injuries? Arsenal on their own part dropped Walcott and Campbell to play Iwobi.

Bony even benches Kelechi, is that on merit?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 4:31am On Mar 23, 2016
forgiveness:

I hope our coach will use his brain. Make em case no be like John Fashanu wey dem invited only to keep him on the bench.
I am watching. cool
Let him play if the coaches think he will help the team and not just because they want to stop England.

He has a lot of would have been super Eagles players to learn from. I am sure he will choose Nigeria still even if he doesn't play against Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Nigerian Sports Journalist @patomiliki seems to suggest that Solanke is willing to play for Nigeria if given a call-up.

@TheOddSolace @D_WarEagle @thenff Dude likes Naija and I can tell you from Good authority that the boy is interested to play for SE.

@TheOddSolace @D_WarEagle We need to approach him professionally

What better chance to approach him when he is not yet on England's radar?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:30am On Mar 23, 2016
Bring up his matter again and this time, you won't be "almost" finished. You'll be buried... #smiles

forgiveness:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, i no be Old generation ooo! grin but i started watching ball at the National stadium in 1984. grin The first match was the FA Cup finals between Abiola and Leventis United. In the same year, i watched Ranges vs Leventis United. Leventis United won the matches on both occassions. grin

And the thing i could remember in those days is the popular song " o'n ke bi ologbo iwayawu, meow meow Meow!` But i no bi Old generation. Sometimes i love watching Football but sometimes i loose interest. If i tell you i stopped watching football from 2001- 2006, you would not believe it. In fact, i didn't watch a single match in the 2006 world Cup.

Don't misunderstand me ooooo. I get informations from... grin i no go tell you now.

If you started watching football in 1984 then we belong to the same generation. I fully started watching football in 1985 though i watched little of Euro '84 Jst to see the Michelle Platini that pple had been talking abt.

Before then i hated watching football as my interest was on wrestling.

By and large u suppose fit remembet Maroc '88 na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:02am On Mar 23, 2016
Icon4s:

If you started watching football in 1984 then we belong to the same generation. I fully started watching football in 1985 though i watched little of Euro '84 Jst to see the Michelle Platini that pple had been talking abt.

Before then i hated watching football as my interest was on wrestling.

By and large u soppose fit remembet Maroc '88 na.

I started watching football from 1990/1991.. First full nations cup Senegal 92.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:03am On Mar 23, 2016
tbaba1234:
Nigerian Sports Journalist @patomiliki seems to suggest that Solanke is willing to play for Nigeria if given a call-up.

@TheOddSolace @D_WarEagle @thenff Dude likes Naija and I can tell you from Good authority that the boy is interested to play for SE.

Approach him professionally? Which of the other players did we approach unprofessionally.

What is so special abt this Solanke sef? Is he better than d trio of Iheanacho, Iwobi and Etebo.

For a start let d NFF invite him for our next U23 friendly. Nt every player deserves a Super Eagles call up.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:44am On Mar 23, 2016
Icon4s:

Approach him professionally? Which of the other players did we approach unprofessionally.

What is so special abt this Solanke sef? Is he better than d trio of Iheanacho, Iwobi and Etebo.

For a start let d NFF invite him for our next U23 friendly. Nt every player deserves a Super Eagles call up.

Solanke is quality for his age. Atleast ahead of Awoniyi and Osimhen at the moment.

I also think, he should be invited to under 23.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2016
Icon4s:

If the boy is interested, we should invite him. He is actually good.

We need as many competition for places as possible. It's even better if they are all playing in top leagues. We are tired of our best players playing in Russia, Turkey and Israel joor.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:36am On Mar 23, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Bring up his matter again and this time, you won't be "almost" finished. You'll be buried... #smiles

grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2016
tbaba1234:

Hehehe! Good news. The guy is already on England's radar because he was invited to train with the main team last year but i believe if we give him the chance now then we have better chance of getting him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45am On Mar 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
I did say City were catching up with others. And let's face it, having the best facility alone isn't enough.

Will he be given the chance to showcase what he learns from the training ground?

That's more important. As for Iwobi, this was his break through season. Kelechi was more well rated than him.

Do you honestly think Kelechi would have played if City didn't suffer injuries? Arsenal on their own part dropped Walcott and Campbell to play Iwobi.

Bony even benches Kelechi, is that on merit?

I said at this stage in Iheanacho and Kelechi's careers, they need the training in top facilities, with top coaches and among top players.

This is what both Iheanacho and Iwobi are enjoying and why they are reaching top quality status in a short time.

After their development, they can seek playing time but playing time is not what is important at this stage. It is development and education that they need and they are getting.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On Mar 23, 2016
tbaba1234:

I say we approach him now. If he is interested to play for us but it will be with the Olympics and U20 squad. I hope we contact Solanke as soon as possible.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I said at this stage in Iheanacho and Kelechi's careers, they need the training in top facilities, with top coaches and among top players.

This is what both Iheanacho and Iwobi are enjoying and why they are reaching top quality status in a short time.

After their development, they can seek playing time but playing time is not what is important at this stage. It is development and education that they need and they are getting.
Question is, will they get the playing time? And at 20+, you no longer are seeking training facilities, you are looking to be involved. Messi for instance at 19 was already getting to play.

Can you honestly say Kelechi will play for City first team on a regular basis 2 years from now? Honestly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Icon4s:

I think he is best with the Olympics team and U20 with the likes of Ighalo, Iheanacho, Aaron Samuel, Adi, Chikatara fighting for a place in the Super Eagles attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.