Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700271 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Very funny Madam Confun... Or should I say Doctor Confun.... Yeah. That'll be cool. #smiles

You referred to me as a "junior colleague" in your "original post". Hmm.... So glad to know you're a senior in the field ma'am.

Yes, I saw your "initial post" ma'am. "All of it".... #smiles.

Thank you so very much. And thanks for the amiable compliments Ma'am... I'm humbled. #smiles.

Godbless.

u welcome, God bless you too

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
Iwobi with a fine finish.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zuchyblink(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
This Iwobi is brilliant

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
This Iwobi is brilliant
truely Nigeria will be seeing the rise of another Golden generation of football stars!
Keep it up bro

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
42'GOAL! Arsenal have doubled their lead! Poor play by Everton in the middle of the pitch allows Bellerin to pick up the ball on the right wing, and he immediately sends a brilliant lofted pass up the pitch and into the path of Iwobi. The youngster meets it well and is gifted with a clear path to goal due to sloppy positioning by the hosts' defence, allowing him to penetrate the penalty area before slotting the ball past Joel for his first ever Premier League goal.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
[size=14pt]
NIG. vs EGYPT 1:1
Don't ask me why?
Elneny 1: Iwobi 1.....gringrin
[/size]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA to trial fourth substitute at Rio 2016 Olympics and Club World Cup
[/size]
A fourth sub will be allowed to be made in extra-time

This year's Olympic football tournament will see teams allowed to use a fourth sub in extra-time © Getty Images

AN additional fourth substitute will be allowed in extra-time in matches played at this summer’s Rio Olympics and at the Club World Cup later in the year.

The game’s law-making body the International Football Association Board (IFAB) approved trials of an extra substitute when games go into an additional half-hour, and the executive committee of football’s world governing body has now announced plans to introduce it into a number of its competitions.

A FIFA statement read: “Following the recent decision by the IFAB to allow experimentation with a fourth substitution in extra-time, the FIFA executive committee agreed for such experiments to be conducted this year at the Olympic football tournaments, the FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea and the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan.”

The fourth sub will also be trialled at the FIFA Club World Cup

The FIFA ExCo was meeting for the final time before it is replaced by the new-look FIFA Council at the organisation’s next Congress in Mexico in May.

It also supported the governing body’s efforts to reclaim funds lost due to the corrupt conduct of former FIFA members, agreed kick-off times for matches at the 2018 World Cup in Russia and approved the 2015 financial and governance report.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7012193/FIFA-to-trial-fourth-substitute-at-Rio-2016-Olympics-and-Club-World-Cup.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naah..... You missed a small detail Sir Terzurum.

- Arsenal 1-2 Watford (Elneny 0-1 Ighalo)
- Fc Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal (Elneny-1)
- Everton 0-2 Arsenal (Iwobi-1)

So Egypt 1-2 Nigeria.... Hehehehe....

Iwobi is another monster-kid making Nigeria proud.
I've been saying this. Each time I watch Arsenal play and Iwobi is playing, I just fix my eyes on him throughout... Studying his game and assessing his class... "What a player!" Is what leaves my mouth sometimes yet he's not even at his peak. This is scaringly good for our football.

We're rising. Oh yes we are.... Hahahahaha...

terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
NIG. vs EGYPT 1:1
Don't ask me why?
Elneny 1: Iwobi 1.....gringrin
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Newcomer Alex Iwobi tops Arsene Wenger’s ‘Class of 2016’
[/size]
Every cloud has a silver lining...Arsenal boss has discovered a midfield star in the making

Alex Iwobi has impressed Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in 13 appearances this season

THE changing of the guard at Arsenal has seen homegrown youngster Alex Iwobi taste a piece of FA Cup and Champions League action.

It’s been a dreadful four days for Arsene Wenger with the Gunners being pitched out of both competitions by Watford and Barcelona.

But at least he had the consolation of introducing a 19-year-old who truly looks as though he fits the bill.

Iwobi has made 13 appearances this season, and impressed Wenger so much that he started at the Nou Camp.

Fellow midfielder Mohamed Elneny, 23, signed for £5million from Basel in January, is another who has raised Wenger’s spirit while Chris Willock, 18, is also about to make his Arsenal breakthrough.

Wenger said: “Every year we have the good luck to see young players come through. Last year it was Hector Bellerin, this year it is Iwobi.

Mohamed Elneny...'we did well to buy him,' says Arsene Wenger

“Elneny justifies game after game that we did well to buy him, too.

“I know that Alex has impressed a lot of people since he came into the first team squad. He is a creative player, a guy who provokes mistakes from the opponents with the vertical way he plays.

“That can be expressed on the flanks or through the middle. In fact when he was in the youth team he only played on the flanks and I put him in the centre because I liked the way he read the game and the speed of his understranding of the game.

“I saw him emerge in training but he was not one of the obvious ones who looked like breaking through.

“When he was in the youth team you had to keep a really close eye on him to see what was behind.

“I’m not surprised that he does so well but it is true that at the beginning of the season even I would not have predicted that he would make such an impact in such a short space of time.

“He can express his talent in every single offensive position. Alex has the stature and can use his body power to play a bit deeper in midfield.

“But you want to be cautious. What is always a problem in England is that immediately people become too famous too quickly and are treated like they have done it all.

“You always want to say ‘come on, slow down’. When you have plated 250 games you can say this is a player, not after two.

Chris Willock could be next to emerge from the Arsenal youth team

“A modern top player is a guy who has a good combination of humility and ambition - humility off the pitch and ambition on the pitch. That makes real champions.”

Winger Willock has yet to make his first team debut, but Wenger says: “Chris is a very gifted player with natural strength and talent.

“He has what you do not find very easily. He can have a go at people, can get past people in one on ones.

“We forget sometimes that the basis of team sport is to be first to be strong one against one and Chris has that quality.

“Overall I would be very comfortable now but players like Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck are in front of him.

“If I had to play him, then I would have no fear in doing so. Next season I think he will be a player who will get to feature in the team.”

Now watch Arsenal fans drinking and singing with a beggar before their Champions League exit

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7008937/Newcomer-Alex-Iwobi-tops-Arsene-Wengers-Class-of-2016.html
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Naah..... You missed a small detail Sir Terzurum.

- Arsenal 1-2 Watford (Elneny 0-1 Ighalo)
- Fc Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal (Elneny-1)
- Everton 0-2 Arsenal (Iwobi-1)

So Egypt 1-2 Nigeria.... Hehehehe....

Iwobi is another monster-kid making Nigeria proud.
I've been saying this. Each time I watch Arsenal play and Iwobi is playing, I just fix my eyes on him throughout... Studying his game and assessing his class... "What a player!" Is what leaves my mouth sometimes yet he's not even at his peak. This is scaringly good for our football.

We're rising. Oh yes we are.... Hahahahaha...

I must have applied a 'thinking model' slightly different from yours them. Was just focusing on Nigeria/Egypt players that play for Arsenal's first eleven

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hahahahahaha...... Upgrade/expand the model then. #smiles

terzurum5:

I must have applied a 'thinking model' slightly different from yours them. Was just focusing on Nigeria/Egypt players that play for Arsenal's first eleven

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
People say we are age cheats and i laugh. The wool has been over our eyes for decades. The truth is we can't win senior events because most the European teams have been on performance enhancing drugs. FIFA needs to put more energy into cleaning up the sport cuz i guarrantee on a fair day Denmark in 1998 would never beat my Eagles, I didn't believe it then and i won't believe it now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
People say we are age cheats and i laugh. The wool has been over our eyes for decades. The truth is we can't win senior events because most the European teams have been on performance enhancing drugs. FIFA needs to put more energy into cleaning up the sport cuz i guarrantee on a fair day Denmark in 1998 would never beat my Eagles, I didn't believe it then and i won't believe it now.

They beat because we did not show up, not because of drugs
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

I am glad you are not a stingy researcher. Yara Yara told me you sent terzurum5 a copy of your molecular model research software.

Nigeria wants to take first in everything.

Keep the flag flying.

Maybe, your faith is paying dividends.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

I think our team lacked organization defensively and the Danes spotted it. We had a good squad but they were not well trained and prepared for the World Cup. I think it was more of individual performances that carried that 98 team but they were not organized tactically.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

PED's give players a mental and physical edge, they recorver faster and are on a faster tempo. A team who defeats Spain in mind blowing fashion does not get blown out by Denmark. Look it doesn't matter what hotel a team stays in or its tactics, all that matters are the players. If teams are getting an unfair advantage which improves the level of their players it is cheating and it is wrong.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am glad you are not a stingy researcher. Yara Yara told me you sent terzurum5 a copy of your molecular model research software.

Keep the flag flying.

No way. Non has been given to me.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Just decided to work with a small population to make my research easier gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No Ifeanyi Matthew, No Obinna Nwobodo.
matthew is need for the egpyt game

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
jotey:
why is iwobi missing
he have a duty with the super eagles
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
Chooiii.... Pls, his name is Johnson. Haba!!! And that info is false. I no give terzurum5 anything. It's classified info Sir.... Besides Oga Terzurum never get such labs to handle such data. **big winks** #smiles

You sure say na the same Yara Yara you dey talk about??

TheGoodJoe:

Keep the flag flying.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jarus(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow, surprised I'm just discovering this thread. Didn't know Nigerians still passionately follow Nigerian players/football like this.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
No mind Sir Goodjoe... See him mouth like "yara yara"
terzurum5:
No way. Non has been given to me.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yara Yara. Your boss denied you on a public forum. I am severing my ties with you. Hey Johnson, I will keep contact with you. You are a legit source.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
Jarus:
Wow, surprised I'm just discovering this thread. Didn't know Nigerians still passionately follow Nigerian players/football like this.

You are welcome onboard..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha......

No be only Yara Yara, na yaro yaro... Hahahaha

TheGoodJoe:
Yara Yara. Your boss denied you on a public forum. I am severing my ties with you. Hey Johnson, I will keep contact with you. You are a legit source.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
Jarus:

ah... I come check your profile then I know se you be baba for nairaland o. But how come just make your discovery?

Anyway you're welcomme Sir
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Jarus:

@. Jarus u ve missed it ....I used to like those controversial player ratings .nice work though !

You are welcome on board .

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA to trial fourth substitute at Rio 2016 Olympics and Club World Cup
[/size]
A fourth sub will be allowed to be made in extra-time

This year's Olympic football tournament will see teams allowed to use a fourth sub in extra-time © Getty Images

AN additional fourth substitute will be allowed in extra-time in matches played at this summer’s Rio Olympics and at the Club World Cup later in the year.

The game’s law-making body the International Football Association Board (IFAB) approved trials of an extra substitute when games go into an additional half-hour, and the executive committee of football’s world governing body has now announced plans to introduce it into a number of its competitions.

A FIFA statement read: “Following the recent decision by the IFAB to allow experimentation with a fourth substitution in extra-time, the FIFA executive committee agreed for such experiments to be conducted this year at the Olympic football tournaments, the FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea and the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan.”

The fourth sub will also be trialled at the FIFA Club World Cup

The FIFA ExCo was meeting for the final time before it is replaced by the new-look FIFA Council at the organisation’s next Congress in Mexico in May.

It also supported the governing body’s efforts to reclaim funds lost due to the corrupt conduct of former FIFA members, agreed kick-off times for matches at the 2018 World Cup in Russia and approved the 2015 financial and governance report.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7012193/FIFA-to-trial-fourth-substitute-at-Rio-2016-Olympics-and-Club-World-Cup.html
[/b]

Fifa ....you want to try this again ? I remembered the golden goal rule that was introduced before 1996 Atlanta Olympic ... It was a sad experience for them them cos it favored the giant of Africa .... I hope the forth man substitution will not come back to hunt them ?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tough day for Isaac Success, 2 yellow cards and his team gave up their lead. Still fighting relegation.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
lexyman:

Fifa ....you want to try this again ? I remembered the golden goal rule that was introduced before 1996 Atlanta Olympic ... It was a sad experience for them them cos it favored the giant of Africa .... I hope the forth man substitution will not come back to hunt them ?

Well that sounds like good omen. Also we are taking a deep line-up so it might just end up favouring us.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
Tough day for Isaac Success, 2 yellow cards and his team gave up their lead. Still fighting relegation.

I feel for the dude as well ...I hope Watford snap him up should in case his club get relegated.

What a talent !

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.