Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700328 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:07am On Mar 20, 2016
Awaziem 90 Minutes for Porto, kept a clean sheet. Porto won 1:0

Success: Red Carded for dissent...

Aminu Umar- Scored again in Turkey, played 90minutes

William Troost-Ekong - Scored the first goal for FK Haugesund in Norway (He is on loan from Gent)

Iwobi - MoTM for Arsenal today, bagged a goal for his efforts.

Awoniyi - Scored his first goal in Germany on Friday

Under 23 boys looking good...

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:32am On Mar 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Chooiii.... Pls, his name is Johnson. Haba!!! And that info is false. I no give terzurum5 anything. It's classified info Sir.... Besides Oga Terzurum never get such labs to handle such data. **big winks** #smiles

You sure say na the same Yara Yara you dey talk about??

I don't want to expose my self to acid and other dangerous tools in the lab.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2016
lexyman:

Fifa ....you want to try this again ? I remembered the golden goal rule that was introduced before 1996 Atlanta Olympic ... It was a sad experience for them them cos it favored the giant of Africa .... I hope the forth man substitution will not come back to hunt them ?
My question is whether they will increase the number of players per tournament per team?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ISACC SUCCESS SENT OFF IN SPAIN
[/size]

Nigeria Youth international Isacc Success was sent off for the first time in his career as his team Granada twice let their lead slip to draw 2-2 with visiting Rayo Vallecano.

Success was given his first yellow card in the 18th minute for a harsh tackle and was later given his marching order for elbowing an opponent in the 70th minute.

His red card proved costly as Rayo Vallecano leveled after he was sent off in the 87 minute to steal a point that leaves Granada level with the team occupying the last relegation spot ironically same 28 point as Rayo Vallecano as well.

20 year old Success will now miss Granada’s next game after the international break which might hurt his team as he has so far made 28 appearances with 5 goals to his name.

Heavily tipped to move to England in the summer with Watford manager confirming he is under their watch he has been booked 10 times and was once suspended for accumulated bookings from 21st to 31st of December 2015.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/19/isacc-success-sent-off-in-spain/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
ISACC SUCCESS SENT OFF IN SPAIN
[/size]

Nigeria Youth international Isacc Success was sent off for the first time in his career as his team Granada twice let their lead slip to draw 2-2 with visiting Rayo Vallecano.

Success was given his first yellow card in the 18th minute for a harsh tackle and was later given his marching order for elbowing an opponent in the 70th minute.

His red card proved costly as Rayo Vallecano leveled after he was sent off in the 87 minute to steal a point that leaves Granada level with the team occupying the last relegation spot ironically same 28 point as Rayo Vallecano as well.

20 year old Success will now miss Granada’s next game after the international break which might hurt his team as he has so far made 28 appearances with 5 goals to his name.

Heavily tipped to move to England in the summer with Watford manager confirming he is under their watch he has been booked 10 times and was once suspended for accumulated bookings from 21st to 31st of December 2015.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/19/isacc-success-sent-off-in-spain/
[/b]

eyaa, I feel for ds guy sha..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:41am On Mar 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

William Troost-Ekong - Scored the first goal for FK Haugesund in Norway (He is on loan from Gent)

Success had 2 yellow cards the second was for a bad foul not dissent.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2016
Jarus:
Wow, surprised I'm just discovering this thread. Didn't know Nigerians still passionately follow Nigerian players/football like this.
Mr. Suraj, you have no idea. I was surprised you've never been here and other places we discuss football.

Check the other ones:

U-17 Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2723782/golden-eaglets-nigeria-thread-u-17

U-20 Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2721056/flying-eagles-nigeria-thread-u-20

Super Eagles Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2315999/super-eagles-nigeria-thread-2017

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jarus(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2016
joseph1013:
Mr. Suraj, you have no idea. I was surprised you've never been here and other places we discuss football.

Check the other ones:

U-17 Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2723782/golden-eaglets-nigeria-thread-u-17

U-20 Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2721056/flying-eagles-nigeria-thread-u-20

Super Eagles Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2315999/super-eagles-nigeria-thread-2017

Thanks. I lost interest in discussing Nigerian football on NL when I realised only very few people join me in the discussion. That's why I'm surprised thread reached 180 pages without me knowing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2016
confun:
eyaa, I feel for ds guy sha..

The guy has to learn more also about the technical and psychological aspect of the game.

When you only have the skills and talent without taking notes of other aspect of the game, your opponents can exploit these areas of wickness to their own advantage.

Take for instance, a pfantastic player like Baloteli that finds it difficult to manage his anger level, can cause his team a lot of draw backs if he comes against a team that is good at exploiting his wicknesses. All the team needs to do is just to play in a way that provokes him so as to make him pick more cards.

#ThereIsMoreThisGameThanSkills&Talent#

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 Barcelona
Experimental Nigeria U23s doomed for Brazil thrashing
[/size]

Wilfred Ndidi overlooked by both Super Eagles and Nigeria Olympic team

by Samm Audu

Nigeria could well be preparing for an embarrassing spanking by Brazil in a pre-Olympics warm-up on Thursday going by the experimental squad named for the friendly.

As much as this is a friendly, it is not a jamboree with half of the 20-man squad for the high-profile match-up being players who have yet to feature for the country’s U23 team – Godswill Ekpolo, Musa Mohammed, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilus Solomon and Saturday Kaego.

Coach Samson Siasia has said he wishes to run the rule on as many players as possible so as to get the best squad to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in August.

However, the quality and current form of some of these “trialists” beg for more questions than answers.

While Brazil have picked a formidable squad who include Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira, Barcelona ace Rafinha Alcantara and Felipe Anderson from Lazio, Nigeria prefer to gamble on the likes of Barcelona ‘B’ teamer Ekpolo; Popoola, who failed to make the grade at French second division side FC Metz, and former Flying Eagles midfielder Ovbokha, who is now languishing in Slovenia.

The midfield of Dream Team VI is very much lightweight with Stanley Dimgba and Ubong Ekpai the only genuine call-ups.

Wilfred Ndidi (Genk, Belgium), Uche Agbo (Granada, Spain), Obinna Nwobodo (Enugu Rangers) and Samuel Chukwueze, Kelechi Nwakali (Golden Eaglets Class of 2015) ought to be some of the players within the age bracket who should have been also considered.

Anderlecht striker Imoh Ezekiel is the only quality addition to a strike force of Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi and Victor Osimhen.

Granada striker Isaac Success despite his exploits in La Liga this season and Sadiq Umar of AS Roma have been surprisingly overlooked.

It is equally baffling to believe that the all-knowing, all-powerful technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) would have approved this selection of players who are doomed to disgrace the country in Brazil.

The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed

Defenders: Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule, Ndifreke Effiong, Musa Mohammed, Godswill Ekpolo, Saturday Kaego

Midfielders: Stanley Dimgba, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola

Forwards: Victor Osimhen, Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilous Solomon
africanfootball.com/news/620129/Experimental-Nigeria-U23s-doomed-for-Brazil-thrashing
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Austria
Otubanjo sinks hat-trick in Austria
[/size]

Otubanjo

by Samm Audu

Former Nigeria youth International Yusuf Olaitan Otubanjo grabbed a hat-trick for FC Blau-Weiss Linz in a 4-0 routing of Wolfsberg Amateur Club (WAC) in the Austrian Regionalliga Mitte.

Playing in front of an impressive home crowd at Linzer Stadion, the 23-year-old striker grabbed the first goal in the eighth minute following an assist from partner Sinisa Markovic, who incidentally scored the second goal of the lively encounter barely a minute to the end of the first half.

Otubanjo grabbed a second-half brace in the 74th and 78th minutes to the delight of the home fans.

The former Golden Eaglets striker has been in excellent scoring form for the Austrian side and Friday's hat-trick took his tally to an impressive 21 goals after 19 rounds of matches.

Otubanjo, who is the top scorer in the Regionalliga Mitte, said he would not rest on his oars: "I really have to thank God for being in this great form.

"Everything is going well and I'm determined to work harder; and praying that a bigger opportunity will come my way soon."s
africanfootball.com/news/620123/Otubanjo-sinks-hat-trick-in-Austria
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team Star Chizoba Amaefule : We Are Going To Brazil To Win
[/size]

Abia Warriors defender Chizoba Amaefule says the Nigeria U23s are targeting victory when they confront the Brazilian U23s squad in a high-profile international friendly on Thursday, March 24.

And he has stated that the Olympic National Team will not be intimidated by the Seleção stars and their passionate fans, arguing that he has trust in the players selected to face the South Americans.

“I am very happy to be selected in the squad, this is an opportunity to show myself and play for my country, ” said Chizoba Amaefule to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“We are going there to win, with the kind of players that made the squad we are going to win.

“We have the players that will not be afraid of playing no matter the support coming from the Brazilian fans.”

Brazil coach Dunga has called up several European-based stars for the friendly against the West Africans including Andreas Pereira (Manchester United), Malcom(Bordeaux) and Ederson(Benfica).

“For me, every player in the Brazil squad is important, we are not planning on keeping an eye on one special player but all the players,”Amaefule concluded.

The 21-year-old Chizoba Amaefule was part of the Dream Team squad that won the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18308
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Success had 2 yellow cards the second was for a bad foul not dissent.

You are right
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Int’l Friendly Brazil v Nigeria: We can cope well without Siasia – Fatai Amoo
[/size]
Interim Coach of Nigeria’s U-23 Eagles Dream Team VI, Fatai Amoo has spoken of his team’s chances ahead of the international friendly against Brazil’s U-23 as part of preparations for the 2016 Olympic Games.

The sides met at the 1996 summer games in Atlanta in an exciting semi final match on Nigeria’s path to Africa’s first gold medal in that event. With such great memories lingering, Amoo says filling the shoes of head coach, Samson Siasia – who was named caretaker coach of the Super Eagles – wouldn’t be such a huge task recalling he had done same just before the African Games last year.

Amoo, was in charge of the Dream Team VI in the Super 4 invitational last season whilst Siasia led a second group on a playing tour against Tunisia’s U-23.

Nigeria travel to the South American country where they’ll face the Seleção on March 24 and the former Shooting Stars coach insists with assistants, Monday Odigie and David Ngodigaon the travelling team will fair well.
footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/intl-friendly-brazil-v-nigeria-we-can-cope-well-without-siasia-fatai-amoo/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Musa Yahaya scored the winning goal for his club.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 Barcelona
Experimental Nigeria U23s doomed for Brazil thrashing
[/size]

Wilfred Ndidi overlooked by both Super Eagles and Nigeria Olympic team

by Samm Audu

Nigeria could well be preparing for an embarrassing spanking by Brazil in a pre-Olympics warm-up on Thursday going by the experimental squad named for the friendly.

As much as this is a friendly, it is not a jamboree with half of the 20-man squad for the high-profile match-up being players who have yet to feature for the country’s U23 team – Godswill Ekpolo, Musa Mohammed, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilus Solomon and Saturday Kaego.

Coach Samson Siasia has said he wishes to run the rule on as many players as possible so as to get the best squad to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in August.

However, the quality and current form of some of these “trialists” beg for more questions than answers.

While Brazil have picked a formidable squad who include Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira, Barcelona ace Rafinha Alcantara and Felipe Anderson from Lazio, Nigeria prefer to gamble on the likes of Barcelona ‘B’ teamer Ekpolo; Popoola, who failed to make the grade at French second division side FC Metz, and former Flying Eagles midfielder Ovbokha, who is now languishing in Slovenia.

The midfield of Dream Team VI is very much lightweight with Stanley Dimgba and Ubong Ekpai the only genuine call-ups.

Wilfred Ndidi (Genk, Belgium), Uche Agbo (Granada, Spain), Obinna Nwobodo (Enugu Rangers) and Samuel Chukwueze, Kelechi Nwakali (Golden Eaglets Class of 2015) ought to be some of the players within the age bracket who should have been also considered.

Anderlecht striker Imoh Ezekiel is the only quality addition to a strike force of Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi and Victor Osimhen.

Granada striker Isaac Success despite his exploits in La Liga this season and Sadiq Umar of AS Roma have been surprisingly overlooked.

It is equally baffling to believe that the all-knowing, all-powerful technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) would have approved this selection of players who are doomed to disgrace the country in Brazil.

The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed

Defenders: Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule, Ndifreke Effiong, Musa Mohammed, Godswill Ekpolo, Saturday Kaego

Midfielders: Stanley Dimgba, Ubong Ekpai, Agboyi Ovbokha, Nathan Oduwa, Iyayi Believe, Sodiq Popoola

Forwards: Victor Osimhen, Junior Ajayi, Taiwo Awoniyi, Imoh Ezekiel, Theophilous Solomon
africanfootball.com/news/620129/Experimental-Nigeria-U23s-doomed-for-Brazil-thrashing
[/b]

I completely disagree with this article.
They boys may eventually nt win the game but I dnt envisage any emabarassing defeat. Nigeria are no pushovers at this age grade level.
I trust d boys that have been selected to do well. We may even win it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Good to know.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hahahahaha.... Yeah! Great to hear... Musa "Iniesta" Yahaya should keep it going. He's too super-talented to fade out. He's still on the rise professionally.

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Icon4s:

They boys may eventually nt win the game but I dnt envisage any emabarassing defeat. Nigeria are no pushovers at this age grade level.

A loss may actually be good for us. It will help the coach decide which players are not good enough. Right now, let the weaknesses be exposed.

I understand the writer. Many of the players in the list have not yet played senior level football. Under 23 is the closest to the national team. Lack of professionalism will be exposed.

it is best to have players with league experience. When we won the olympics, many of our players were seasoned pros.

It would have been good to invite Awaziem, Ndidi and Success because they are obviously ahead of many of the players on the list.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
I am sure iheneacho wouldn't have had the great run he had in the middle of the season if aguero and bony were injury free. Now Bony is back and they relegated him back to the bench. Just think what if these two guys were never injured what would have happened to iheneacho debut season? Yeye team the will continue to slide down the epl log if they continue snubbing Kelechi.

Iheneacho was on a good run, a young player and you just decided to stop his good run right when he is still hot. Now the attention is fading away from the 19year old etihad wonderkid to man united's Rashford and thank God to another Nigerian Iwobi.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeAqp5XWoAATg8R.jpg:large[/img]

Theophilus Solomon and Ovobokha Agboyi (both invited for brazil friendly)

That guy, Ovobokha Agboyi looks like a bros... 21 years old ??
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

A loss may actually be good for us. It will help the coach decide which players are not good enough. Right now, let the weaknesses be exposed.

I understand the writer. Many of the players in the list have not yet played senior level football. Under 23 is the closest to the national team. Lack of professionalism will be exposed.

it is best to have players with league experience. When we won the olympics, many of our players were seasoned pros.

It would have been good to invite Awaziem, Ndidi and Success because they are obviously ahead of many of the players on the list.

Bros, my pt is even with d experimental squad, i dnt blieve we will b thrashed.

And I thank God u are seeing it in the light of experience and professionalism. I have always maintained that Olympic football is very close to senior team football. Usually 2 yrs after d Olympics 50-70% of d players would have graduated into d senior team.

By and large Siasia wants to use this game to assess players he has nt seen play. Its jst a friendly bt i still blieve we Will nt b thrashed.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Exactly,I also disagree with most of the things the writer said, before concluding for our imminent disgrace,the writer should have inquired of the criteria for which the selection of the players was made,then he would have known that the first batch of the players are mainly for some of the players that have not been tested before,from here some of the players that proved themselves to be good enough will merge with the tested and trusted ones before the final preparation,

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
I'm not worried for Nacho anymore. He's proven himself worthy already in so little time in his debut season in a star-studded team. Pellegrini obviously picks "price-tag" over super form.

Under Guardiola, Nacho will get his biggest of chances.

I'm happy he's not getting all the focus regularly for now. With or without the media attention, HE'S ALREADY A SUPER CLASS-ACT AND STILL GROWING.

As for Rashford, I assure you, the English media are gonna have a really good time "praising" this kid for two reasons: he's an English talent and he's a product of the Manchester Utd Academy. But yes he's really talented. He has a knack for scoring in big games. That's pretty cool. #smiles

Talents from Man City aren't given the hype or attention like the Man Utd youngsters and I say this is kinda good for Nacho and the likes of Brahim Diaz and Manu Garcia in their formative/developmental years. In time, in a short while yet, their class will be really world-renowned and globally known.

I really feel for the Man City fans today because for the next couple of weeks, the name of Rashford will be used to taunt their "big guns". #hahahahahaha...

Well, that's part of football..... #winks.

Nacho should keep doing what he's doing because there's hardly any youngster like him in Europe. He's an attacking midfielder/forward "Super-Hybrid"... He's the face of Nigeria's Generation Next alongside the likes of Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, Sadiq Umar, Isaac Success, Moses Simon, Dele Alampasu, Chidozie Awaziem, all included in a "Quality" large pool of Super Talents From Nigeria that will "inevitably" bring about Nigeria's Next Super Golden Generation.

The season is almost over.... Right now, we got Egypt to think about in the Afcon qualifiers and our "experimental" U-23s take on Brazil.

Let Pellegrini keep playing his beloved Bony (his changes are so ridiculously predictable). I just hope Man City do not fall out of the top4. Sir TheGoodJoe will be furious if that happens.......#smiles

Badosqi:
I am sure iheneacho wouldn't have had the great run he had in the middle of the season if aguero and bony were injury free. Now Bony is back and they relegated him back to the bench. Just think what if these two guys were never injured what would have happened to iheneacho debut season? Yeye team the will continue to slide down the epl log if they continue snubbing Kelechi.

Iheneacho was on a good run, a young player and you just decided to stop his good run right when he is still hot. Now the attention is fading away from the 19year old etihad wonderkid to man united's Rashford and thank God to another Nigerian Iwobi.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
Badosqi:

I am pissed at Pellegrini. So angry at him. If the senior attackers were performing, it would make sense. But, they are shooting blanks. They did not score against Norwich and he left Nacho on the bench until about the last ten minutes.

We did not score against Kiev in the last game and we did not score today. Aguero looks off his game this season but shines with Iheanacho on the field.

I do not know what is wrong with the Coach. At the moment, we need Nacho.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I'm not worried for Nacho anymore. He's proven himself worthy already in so little time in his debut season in a star-studded team. Pellegrini obviously picks "price-tag" over super form.

Under Guardiola, Nacho will get his biggest of chances.

I'm happy he's not getting all the focus regularly for now. With or without the media attention, HE'S ALREADY A SUPER CLASS-ACT AND STILL GROWING.

As for Rashford, I assure you, the English media are gonna have a really good time "praising" this kid for two reasons: he's an English talent and he's a product of the Manchester Utd Academy. But yes he's really talented. He has a knack for scoring in big games. That's pretty cool. #smiles

Talents from Man City aren't given the hype or attention like the Man Utd youngsters and I say this is kinda good for Nacho and the likes of Brahim Diaz and Manu Garcia in their formative/developmental years. In time, in a short while yet, their class will be really world-renowned and globally known.

I really feel for the Man City fans today because for the next couple of weeks, the name of Rashford will be used to taunt their "big guns". #hahahahahaha...

Well, that's part of football..... #winks.

Nacho should keep doing what he's doing because there's hardly any youngster like him in Europe. He's an attacking midfielder/forward "Super-Hybrid"... He's the face of Nigeria's Generation Next alongside the likes of Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, Sadiq Umar, Isaac Success, Moses Simon, Dele Alampasu, Chidozie Awaziem, all included in a "Quality" large pool of Super Talents From Nigeria that will "inevitably" bring about Nigeria's Next Super Golden Generation.

The season is almost over.... Right now, we got Egypt to think about in the Afcon qualifiers and our "experimental" U-23s take on Brazil.

Let Pellegrini keep playing his beloved Bony (his changes are so ridiculously predictable). I just hope Man City do not fall out of the top4. Sir TheGoodJoe will be furious if that happens.......#smiles

Maybe falling out of the top four will be a blessing in disguise. The Cityzens need to stop their expensive player madness. Look at Dennis Suarez we sold to Barca. The young man is performing better at Villarreal where he is on loan than Fabian Delph.

Why spend so much on Bony and let Dzeko go? There was no need for that buy with Iheanacho also there.

Why spend so much on Mangala when we had a brilliant young Denayer and Boyata (who is keeping Ambrose out of the Celtic team)?

We need Nacho now the team is shooting blanks. It is time for Pellegrini to let Iheanacho shine.

"He already has the technique to flourish at the highest level and the only thing the more established players at City could have over him is experience.

"At his age, his finishing around the box puts him in a class of his own. He usually scores five goals during our training sessions.

"Once you give him the space and allow him to control the ball around the goal area, he can convert three of the five chances he gets. He is that good...........Coach Manu Garba (During Manchester City's preseason in 2014).
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Solanke - After almost 3 months out due to injury came back to score a brace after he was introduced on the 75th minutes. Hehehe! Who say e no good?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2016
forgiveness:

Solanke - After almost 3 months out due to injury came back to score a brace after he was introduced on the 75th minutes. Hehehe! Who say e no good?

Who said he is not good? If I say Iheanacho is better than Awoniyi, am I saying Awoniyi is not good?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:56am On Mar 21, 2016
Musa Yahaya: Scored his first goal for his club and the winning goal, You can see the goal here: http://www.dailymotion(dot)com/video/x3yyo9v_football-life_sport
(replace (dot) with .)

Ehizibue: Played another 90 minutes

Stanley Amuzie: played 90 minutes for his club. Olhanense... Good to see the talented left back back after a serious injury.

Anderson Esiti: Another solid display by anderson Esiti, played 90 minutes in the 3:0 win by Estoril in the Portuguese first division.

Tyronne Ebuehi: Another natural young right back playing well in the Dutch top division for ADO Den Haag. 20 year old. Another 90 minutes..

Shehu Abdullahi: Another 90 mins in Portugal but his team lost 2:0 to Braga

Dominic Solanke: Scored a brace,

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:01am On Mar 21, 2016
Nigeria needs to cap Iwobi against Egypt, England have not given up hope of turning his head.

England launch last-gasp Alex Iwobi bid as Arsenal starlet's full Nigeria debut looms

Rising star who wore the Three Lions at youth level has now played two friendlies for the country of his birth and could be tied to them by this Friday

The FA are making a last-ditch bid to try to stop Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi committing his international future to Nigeria.

New kid on the block Iwobi is at the centre of a tug of war between England and Nigeria again after becoming a regular in the Gunners' first team set-up since the turn of the year.

The 19-year-old has started three of Arsenal’s last four games and capped his full Premier League debut at Everton on Saturday with a man-of-the-match display and his first Gunners goal.

Forward Iwobi has already slipped through England’s fingers once, having played for the Three Lions’ Under-16, U17 and U18 sides before choosing to represent Nigeria — the country of his birth.

Iwobi – nephew of former Super Eagles captain Jay Jay Okocha – has played in two friendlies for Nigeria, but won’t be officially tied to them until he plays a competitive game.

That has left the door open for the FA to try to persuade him to switch back and represent England - but they are facing a race against time.

Iwobi is in line to make his competitive debut THIS WEEK after being named in Nigeria’s squad for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying double header against Egypt, who they host this Friday before the away return next Tuesday.

That has prompted desperate late attempts from the FA to try to get Iwobi to change his mind.

There is no suggestion Iwobi will be fast-tracked into the senior England set-up and handed a premature call-up.

But FA chiefs do see him as a potential future Three Lions international and know their hopes of landing him will be dashed if he plays in Nigeria’s upcoming games.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has backed up the FA’s views on Iwobi by giving the youngster a glowing reference.

He is understood to have told the FA the player has a big future at the North Londoners and, having let him get away once, they should do everything possible to try to get him back.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-launch-last-gasp-alex-7597846#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:06am On Mar 21, 2016
The fact that the English FA is still trying to turn Iwobi's head shows us why Nigeria needs to get our exceptional young prospects committed to Nigeria. Do not wait till it is too late.

We were able to tie Iwobi by inviting him for friendlies even when he was not eligible to play.

I hope we can still cap Ehizibue and/or Tyronne Ebuehi especially as we do not have natural right backs in the national team. Or better yet, give them a chance at the under 23. Maybe even Solanke (who i think is an outstanding prospect) can be convinced.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 6:31am On Mar 21, 2016
tbaba1234:
The fact that the English FA is still trying to turn Iwobi's head shows us why Nigeria needs to get our exceptional young prospects committed to Nigeria. Do not wait till it is too late.

We were able to tie Iwobi by inviting him for friendlies even when he was not eligible to play.

I hope we can still cap Ehizibue and/or Tyronne Ebuehi especially as we do not have natural right backs in the national team. Or better yet, give them a chance at the under 23. Maybe even Solanke (who i think is an outstanding prospect) can be convinced.

True that. But what do we know? Our beloved NFF will see that as an opportunity to go globetrotting from one country to the other. I don't think it's out of place to keep and eye on academy players like Tosin Adarabioyo and Ola Aina.

Imagine having Mikel and Dele Alli marshaling our midfield. Just imagine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.