Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700130 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
'Nigeria next super striker' Sadiq Umar set for Olympic team debut
[/size]

Sadiq Umar of AS Roma

by Samm Audu

Roma young striker Sadiq Umar, who has won the praises of coach Samson Siasia, is set to finally make his debut for the Nigeria Olympic team in Sunday’s friendly against local side Charlton Battery.

Sadiq could not debut in the earlier warm-up against Mexico after he was given compassionate leave to return to Nigeria following the death of his father.

The Kaduna-born striker, who scored two goals in six appearances for Serie A side Roma last season, is only receiving his first national team call-up after he passed under the radar of country’s selectors while he was starting out at Abuja Football College.

He has since rejoined Dream Team VI to the excitement of coach Siasia, who has dubbed him “Nigeria’s next super striker”.

“From what I have seen from this young man’s game, he is a star in the making. He will become a super striker if he is discipline and continue to be hard working. He is a good boy,” Siasia remarked.

Last month, the 19-year-old striker signed a four-year contract with Roma just as several clubs including Bayer Leverkusen are willing to take him on loan in the coming season.

Sunday’s friendly will kick off by 1am Nigerian time inside the Silverbacks Stadium in Atlanta.
http://africanfootball.com/news/633658/-Nigeria-next-super-striker-Sadiq-Umar-set-for-Olympic-team-debut
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Olympic team's US warm-up game rained off
[/size]

Nigeria Olympic team training in Atlanta, USA

A friendly between Nigeria Olympic team and local side Charlton Battery at the Silverbacks Stadium in Atlanta has been postponed after heavy downpour, officials informed AfricanFootball.com

The match was scheduled for 8pm local time Saturday, which was 1am Nigerian time on Sunday.

No new date has been fixed for the rescheduled match.

The Nigeria Olympic team, who have been training in Atlanta in readiness for the Rio Olympics next month, are also scheduled to face another Rio-bound team Honduras before they depart the United States of America on July 29.

Nigeria defeated Honduras 3-1 at the recent Suwon International Tournament, which also featured hosts South Korea and Denmark.

http://africanfootball.com/news/633726/Nigeria-Olympic-teams-US-warm-up-game-rained-off
[/b]
[b][size=14pt]
Turkish club stop Musa Mohammed from Rio Olympics
[/size]

Musa Mohammed in action for Olympic team in Brazil

by Samm Audu

Samson Siasia has suffered yet another big blow in his build-up to next month’s Rio Olympics after Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir announced they will not release defender Musa Mohammed for the tournament.

Musa this week joined the Turkish Super League club for pre-season training in Austria with the hope they will agree for him to later join up with Siasia’s squad in Atlanta, USA, prior to the summer games, but that has now been refused.

They face Serbian club Rijeka in a UEFA Europa League qualification on July 28.

“Musa is unlikely to be at the Olympics as his team don’t want to release him for the tournament,” a top source told AfricanFootball.com

The rightback, who was recently capped at full international level, is on the provisional 35-man squad after he featured for the team in a recent friendly against Rio Olympics hosts Brazil.

He was expected to shore up a suspect defence, which Siasia himself has admitted has given him sleepless nights.
http://africanfootball.com/news/633620/Turkish-club-stop-Musa-Mohammed-from-Rio-Olympics
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
[size=14pt]
Rio-bound Etebo strikes twice for Portuguese club
[/size]

Etebo

Nigeria forward Oghenekaro Etebo, who will feature at next month’s Rio Olympics, scored twice to help his Portuguese side Feirense thrash Tourizense 6-0 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.

The former Warri Wolves star opened the scoring in the 18th minute to give his team a 1-0 lead.

He completed a brace in the 33rd minute for a 3-0 lead.

He scored a goal in four league games last season as Feirense won promotion to the Portuguese top flight.
http://africanfootball.com/news/633639/Rio-bound-Etebo-strikes-twice-for-Portuguese-club

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Colombia name Olympics squad without Real Madrid’s James
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_America/4e/32/james-rodriguez-colombia-11172015_147l19q52sme41j9bxky3d0w2t.jpg?t=-481903724&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Dream Team VI foes have named their team for the Rio Olympics with Gutierrez, Tesillo and Pabon their overage stars
James Rodriguez has been left out of Colombia's 18-man squad for the Olympics games by coach Carlos Restrepo.

The president of the Colombian Football Federation (FCF) had revealed that the Real Madrid forward would not be selected having featured for Los Cafeteros at the Copa America Centenario.

Sporting Lisbon’s Teo Gutierrez and Atletico Nacional’s Miguel Borja are expected to lead the attack for the tournament in Brazil - which starts on August 3 - as Colombia look to win their first Olympics football medal.

Gutiérrez, William Tesillo and Dorlan Pabon as the three over-aged included in the squad, with no other major surprises.

Colombia begin the tournament with a clash against Sweden on the opening day, before facing other Group B opponents Nigeria and Japan.

FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Cristian Bonilla (Atletico Nacional), Luis Hurtado (Deportivo Cali).

Defenders: Felipe Aguilar (Atletico Nacional), Deivy Balanta (Junior Barranquilla), William Tesillo (Santa Fe), Helibelton Palacios (Deportivo Cali), Deiver Machado (Millonarios), Cristian Borja (Santa Fe).

Midfielders: Sebastian Perez (Atletico Nacional), Jefferson Lerma (Levante-ESP), Wílmar Barrios (Tolima), Andres Renteria (Santos Laguna), Kevin Balanta (Deportivo Cali), Andres Felipe Roa (Deportivo Cali).

Forwards: Harold Preciado (Deportivo Cali), Teo Gutierrez (Sporting Lisbon), Miguel Borja (Atletico Nacional), Dorlan Pabon (Monterrey-MEX).
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/17742/olympics/2016/07/16/25675162/colombia-name-olympics-squad-without-real-madrids-james?ICID=HP_HN_3
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Colombia name Olympics squad without Real Madrid’s James
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_America/4e/32/james-rodriguez-colombia-11172015_147l19q52sme41j9bxky3d0w2t.jpg?t=-481903724&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Dream Team VI foes have named their team for the Rio Olympics with Gutierrez, Tesillo and Pabon their overage stars
James Rodriguez has been left out of Colombia's 18-man squad for the Olympics games by coach Carlos Restrepo.

The president of the Colombian Football Federation (FCF) had revealed that the Real Madrid forward would not be selected having featured for Los Cafeteros at the Copa America Centenario.

Sporting Lisbon’s Teo Gutierrez and Atletico Nacional’s Miguel Borja are expected to lead the attack for the tournament in Brazil - which starts on August 3 - as Colombia look to win their first Olympics football medal.

Gutiérrez, William Tesillo and Dorlan Pabon as the three over-aged included in the squad, with no other major surprises.

Colombia begin the tournament with a clash against Sweden on the opening day, before facing other Group B opponents Nigeria and Japan.

FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Cristian Bonilla (Atletico Nacional), Luis Hurtado (Deportivo Cali).

Defenders: Felipe Aguilar (Atletico Nacional), Deivy Balanta (Junior Barranquilla), William Tesillo (Santa Fe), Helibelton Palacios (Deportivo Cali), Deiver Machado (Millonarios), Cristian Borja (Santa Fe).

Midfielders: Sebastian Perez (Atletico Nacional), Jefferson Lerma (Levante-ESP), Wílmar Barrios (Tolima), Andres Renteria (Santos Laguna), Kevin Balanta (Deportivo Cali), Andres Felipe Roa (Deportivo Cali).

Forwards: Harold Preciado (Deportivo Cali), Teo Gutierrez (Sporting Lisbon), Miguel Borja (Atletico Nacional), Dorlan Pabon (Monterrey-MEX).
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/17742/olympics/2016/07/16/25675162/colombia-name-olympics-squad-without-real-madrids-james?ICID=HP_HN_3
[/b]

Teo Guitierrez is also another good striker with the Columbians. He was with the National team at the last World Cup.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by maidaboi(m): 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
Icon4s:

Firstly, they are the ones that segregate themselves by saying things like "I feel English blood flowing through my veins", "i have a dream of playing for the three lions" bla-bla-bla. Ola Aina and Adarabioye jst recently pledged their allegiance to England and u expect us to keep hoping on such players? Or we should send Buhari and Saraki to go beg them?

U said no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Ross Barkley & the likes. Are u for real?

Well, Kelechi Iheanacho has the record of the highest ever goals ratio (goals/min) in the entire EPL history. Neither of Dele Alli, Ross Barkley nor Jodon Ibe comes close.

Did you see a player named Alexander Iwobi play for Arsenal last season? A player that sent Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain permanently to d bench. Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Jodon Ibe and Ross Barkley are nt even Arsenal materials.

In terms of goals scoring did any of Alli,Ojo, Barkley or Ibe come near Odion Ighalo?

You also forget that Victor Moses is a Nigerian

Come 2016/2017 season u will see the likes of Isaac (the beast) Success, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Nwakali join the Super list of the Super Nigerian talents in the EPL.

Then this David Alaba u are always mentioning are u saying we have never produced a better player than him. The guy is now an Austrian. Forget him and lets focus on the ones we still have the opportunity of switching their natiomality.

In as much as I am happy some of them have pledged allegiance to Nigeria I will nt wail if any of them snubs Nigeria. Simple.
You have just killed it
well done sir

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Turkish club stop Musa Mohammed from Rio Olympics
[/size]

Musa Mohammed in action for Olympic team in Brazil

by Samm Audu

Samson Siasia has suffered yet another big blow in his build-up to next month’s Rio Olympics after Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir announced they will not release defender Musa Mohammed for the tournament.

Musa this week joined the Turkish Super League club for pre-season training in Austria with the hope they will agree for him to later join up with Siasia’s squad in Atlanta, USA, prior to the summer games, but that has now been refused.

They face Serbian club Rijeka in a UEFA Europa League qualification on July 28.

“Musa is unlikely to be at the Olympics as his team don’t want to release him for the tournament,” a top source told AfricanFootball.com

The rightback, who was recently capped at full international level, is on the provisional 35-man squad after he featured for the team in a recent friendly against Rio Olympics hosts Brazil.

He was expected to shore up a suspect defence, which Siasia himself has admitted has given him sleepless nights.
http://africanfootball.com/news/633620/Turkish-club-stop-Musa-Mohammed-from-Rio-Olympics
[/b]

The IOC need to try and fix the Olympics during the end of Season(June/July). All these withdrawals have become too much. It will definitely reduce the glamour and excitement of d football event.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Almost impossible to witness any other football Olympic event as that of Atalanta '96,Brazil,Argentina and Nigeria was able to present 98% of her best talents,in Nigeria,the only two names missing was Finidi and Rashidi,in Brazil I can only think of Romario and Cafu. '2008 was also filled with stars,Messi and Ronaldinho notably. In this year event is a joke to me compared to other past events. Only Brazil is going with her best talents like Neymar and co. The only excitement is that Brazil is not going to Win the gold,be it as it may,Nigeria is going as far Quarter finals or even semis but it will be unjust to football fraternity 4 Nigeria to win the gold medal.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nigeria 1 - 0 Charleston Battery ...

goal by amuzie... youtube video should be up in a bit ...

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Icon4s:

Firstly, they are the ones that segregate themselves by saying things like "I feel English blood flowing through my veins", "i have a dream of playing for the three lions" bla-bla-bla. Ola Aina and Adarabioye jst recently pledged their allegiance to England and u expect us to keep hoping on such players? Or we should send Buhari and Saraki to go beg them?

U said no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Ross Barkley & the likes. Are u for real?

Well, Kelechi Iheanacho has the record of the highest ever goals ratio (goals/min) in the entire EPL history. Neither of Dele Alli, Ross Barkley nor Jodon Ibe comes close.

Did you see a player named Alexander Iwobi play for Arsenal last season? A player that sent Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain permanently to d bench. Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Jodon Ibe and Ross Barkley are nt even Arsenal materials.

In terms of goals scoring did any of Alli,Ojo, Barkley or Ibe come near Odion Ighalo?

You also forget that Victor Moses is a Nigerian

Come 2016/2017 season u will see the likes of Isaac (the beast) Success, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Nwakali join the Super list of the Super Nigerian talents in the EPL.

Then this David Alaba u are always mentioning are u saying we have never produced a better player than him. The guy is now an Austrian. Forget him and lets focus on the ones we still have the opportunity of switching their natiomality.

In as much as I am happy some of them have pledged allegiance to Nigeria I will nt wail if any of them snubs Nigeria. Simple.
thank you for this

I personally thought the line about Deke Alli and Ross Barkley being better than our homegrown talents was an insult.

How many goals did Dele or Barkley score for England at the Euros? How many assists did they get? Those two are just beneficiaries of the English press' hype room.

Na Awoniyi and K. Nwakali level dem be, no dey mention Kelechi and Odion if you want to do comparison, those two are far above them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
adrainuche:
Nigeria 1 - 0 Charleston Battery ...

goal by amuzie... youtube video should be up in a bit ...

So what is the update now?
I trust the Golden Eaglets them for don win like 5 or 6 zero by now. grin
The Dream team sef undecided

I am really particular abt Sadiq Umar's performance.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
safarigirl:
thank you for this

I personally thought the line about Deke Alli and Ross Barkley being better than our homegrown talents was an insult.

How many goals did Dele or Barkley score for England at the Euros? How many assists did they get? Those two are just beneficiaries of the English press' hype room.

Na Awoniyi and K. Nwakali level dem be, no dey mention Kelechi and Odion if you want to do comparison, those two are far above them

My sister the thing tire person o.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wait o! Olympic bound team only beat an amateur team 1:0...

This Olympics na serious one chance.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wait o! Olympic bound team only beat an amateur team 1:0...

This Olympics na serious one chance.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nigeria Olympic team defeated local side Charleston Battery 1-0 in a rescheduled warm-up game after the original game rained rained off hours earlier in Atlanta.

Portugal-based defender Stanley Amuzie was the match winner in the 33rd minute against a team with an average of 17 years.

Coach Samson Siasia’s team created several chances but could not add to this go-ahead goal.

They enjoyed the ball possession, but their young opponents had a goal disallowed in first half stoppage time.

Their final test game is on July 27 against another Rio-bound team Honduras.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Average age of 17 years.. There is no excuse... They could not beat a bunch of kids that I am certain Manu Garba and Amuneke boys will wallop.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
They lose to an under 20 team and struggle to score a bunch of 17 year olds. Siasia is the only one to blame. He has been given good preparation.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
People play amateur teams to boost confidence by getting a healthy win but a team that is on the verge of a major tournament is struggling against an amateur team made up 17 year olds.

Imagine your secondary school team facing a team bound for the Olympics and they only scored one goal.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sia sia I just want him to be disgraced like this

Sweden 2 -0 Nigeria
Colombia 4-0 Nigeria
Japan 1-0 Nigeria

Siasia 0 - 1 NFA (final score line)

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
adrainuche:

Sweden 2 -0 Nigeria
Colombia 4-0 Nigeria
Japan 1-0 Nigeria

I am relaxed and i still feel mistakes can happen, u don't always win by being the best. I for one am with these guys till the end. I will give them what i have always given any man or woman that i have ever witnessed play for Nigeria and that is support, u don't get to pick when to be a fan it is through good and bad. I don't hope they lose infact i hope they prove me wrong like they did in Senegal, i don't see why not it's not like anyone else besides Neymar is going to be there.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 1:37am On Jul 18, 2016
Siasia is the cause of his problems,the players r no longer enthusiastic about playing for him,he is too hash on them,lash them every now and then,talks any how,gives so many excuses, he is so unforgiven,there is no reason why he shouldn't have accepted Sokari and Yahaya back for leaving camp due to club engagements,but he never looked their ways back again after the little incidents. The players and the coaching crew are even tired,they just want this to be over. This is one of the most malign team ever in Nigeria colors. I will still repeat this,the only hope this team has is the fact that they have been written off,it makes them so dangerous,a Nigeria team tends to perform so well in situations like this. By and large,the dream team still have my support. But on the long run,what has befallen this team will be counted as blessing contrary to what everybody thought,moreover,I do not want what happen in '98 to repeat itself in 2018,a situation where we have exhausted and exposed all our strength to the world in an Olympic event n that affected our performance in France '96 adversely. If we hadn't participated and won the Olympic gold,the story of France 98 would have been told different. Imagine a situation where we were already looking forward to playing Brazil forgetting the game at hand all because of our exploits at the olympics. If u ask me,it's better we channel all our energy towards qualifiers n 2018 world cup itself. If we r to be represented by our best talents,the pressure would b 4 them to win the gold medal,thus sacrificing the aim and objective of 2018, The likes of I. Success,Nacho,Iwobi will be ready to take on the world by 2018. We have nothing to lose. Let's hope one or two players will be a revelation in this team to b included in our already allay stars coming thru to take the world of soccer by storm.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I am relaxed and i still feel mistakes can happen, u don't always win by being the best. I for one am with these guys till the end. I will give them what i have always given any man or woman that i have ever witnessed play for Nigeria and that is support, u don't get to pick when to be a fan it is through good and bad. I don't hope they lose infact i hope they prove me wrong like they did in Senegal, i don't see why not it's not like anyone else besides Neymar is going to be there.

That's the spirit
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 2:06am On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

Sweden 2 -0 Nigeria
Colombia 4-0 Nigeria
Japan 1-0 Nigeria

Y
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:27am On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

Sweden 2 -0 Nigeria
Colombia 4-0 Nigeria
Japan 1-0 Nigeria

Hey! This is Nigeria we are talking about here and nt Siasia.

Pls pls abeg stop this.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:30am On Jul 18, 2016
Napoleon55:
Siasia is the cause of his problems,the players r no longer enthusiastic about playing for him,he is too hash on them,lash them every now and then,talks any how,gives so many excuses, he is so unforgiven,there is no reason why he shouldn't have accepted Sokari and Yahaya back for leaving camp due to club engagements,but he never looked their ways back again after the little incidents. The players and the coaching crew are even tired,they just want this to be over. This is one of the most malign team ever in Nigeria colors. I will still repeat this,the only hope this team has is the fact that they have been written off,it makes them so dangerous,a Nigeria team tends to perform so well in situations like this. By and large,the dream team still have my support. But on the long run,what has befallen this team will be counted as blessing contrary to what everybody thought,moreover,I do not want what happen in '98 to repeat itself in 2018,a situation where we have exhausted and exposed all our strength to the world in an Olympic event n that affected our performance in France '96 adversely. If we hadn't participated and won the Olympic gold,the story of France 98 would have been told different. Imagine a situation where we were already looking forward to playing Brazil forgetting the game at hand all because of our exploits at the olympics. If u ask me,it's better we channel all our energy towards qualifiers n 2018 world cup itself. If we r to be represented by our best talents,the pressure would b 4 them to win the gold medal,thus sacrificing the aim and objective of 2018, The likes of I. Success,Nacho,Iwobi will be ready to take on the world by 2018. We have nothing to lose. Let's hope one or two players will be a revelation in this team to b included in our already allay stars coming thru to take the world of soccer by storm.

Bros u have written a lot here but proper indentation and spacing would really do readers good. Thanks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
Nigeria Olympic team defeated local side Charleston Battery 1-0 in a rescheduled warm-up game after the original game rained rained off hours earlier in Atlanta.

Portugal-based defender Stanley Amuzie was the match winner in the 33rd minute against a team with an average of 17 years.

Coach Samson Siasia’s team created several chances but could not add to this go-ahead goal.

They enjoyed the ball possession, but their young opponents had a goal disallowed in first half stoppage time.

Their final test game is on July 27 against another Rio-bound team Honduras.

Any where we can get players rating for this game?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Even when we complain, it is because we want the team to do well. Maybe Mikel and etebo will improve the side but as it stands, the results and performances are discouraging.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2016
The Nigeria Under-23s laboured to a slim 1-0 win over USA second division side Charleston Battery FC thanks to a screamer from left full back Stanley Amuzie.

Amuzie’s 33rd minute effort settled the resscheduled tie which was shifted to today due to heavy rainfall which made the pitch of the Silverbacks parks un- playable yesterday.

The Nigerian team featuring most of the players who are in Nigeria’s final list for the Olympics failed to break down a Charlestone Battery team pack filled with academy players with an average age of 17.

Despite their inexperience, the lads of Charlestone Battery FC will feel hard done by the decision of the referee to cancel what looked like a legitimate goal that would have brought the scores to 1-1 shortly before the half time break.

Head coach of the Nigeria team Samson Siasia has already submitted his final list of players for the Olympics although it’s yet to be made public but on the strength of today’s display, a lot need to be done in order to make them

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Joniboi(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2016
Barring any last minute change, head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has submitted a list of 19 players that will represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

The list of 19 players has one player in as standby although the name of the player wasn’t mentioned but the move we gathered was done by the coach to make up for any disappointment that could come from any of the expected foreign based in the team.

Daniel Akpeyi
Emmanuel Daniel
Sincere Seth
Kenneth Omeruo
Stanley Amuzie
William Troost Ekong
Saturday Keigo Erimuya
Erhun Obanor
Mikel Obi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Ogenekaro Etebo
Usman Mohammed
Shehu Abdullahi
Stanley Dimgba
Aminu Umar
Imoh Ezekiel
Taiwo Awoniyi
Junior Ajayi
Sadiq Umar

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Teo Guitierrez is also another good striker with the Columbians. He was with the National team at the last World Cup.
Just imagine that kind of squad lining up against the Dream Team VI. This na serious gobe' oooooh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
With omeruo, troost and Mikel. The defence might be better.

Aminu Umar will help the attack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.