Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702167 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Who em skill epp? Dat is naija for you. If you can dribble you better pass Ronaldinho and Pele.

Kanu Nwankwo was a part time play in his days. Though, he is talented. But bros, em never near those big boys.

Remember, I said, I prefer. So if you do not like Skillful players, that is you.

I will take Ryan Giggs over Beckham any day.

I will take Neymar over Dele Alli.

I love Suarez, Messi, CR7, over the likes of Gerard, Lampard.

Paul Scholes is one of the best players in the game but I prefer Xavi because Xavi is more skillful.

So you are free to like players who do not rely on brilliance on the ball. It is a personal choice.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

I agree. But at what age did he relocate to England?

He relocated at four. It is on Wikipedia.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:
Let's sia sia be fooling himself with mikel ... the work mikel is doing in that team Abdulahi Shehu and usman Mohammed can do it even ifeanyI Matthew can do it.. mikel is just like awoniyi couldnt leave to his potential ...
bros abeg stop insulting Mikel and 19-year old Awoniyi, kini?

It's okay to not like certain players, but downplaying their impact to justify your dislike is an amateur move. Saying Mikel is useless just exposes your lack of football knowledge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
Joniboi:
Barring any last minute change, head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has submitted a list of 19 players that will represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

The list of 19 players has one player in as standby although the name of the player wasn’t mentioned but the move we gathered was done by the coach to make up for any disappointment that could come from any of the expected foreign based in the team.

Daniel Akpeyi
Emmanuel Daniel
Sincere Seth
Kenneth Omeruo
Stanley Amuzie
William Troost Ekong
Saturday Keigo Erimuya
Erhun Obanor
Mikel Obi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Ogenekaro Etebo
Usman Mohammed
Shehu Abdullahi
Stanley Dimgba
Aminu Umar
Imoh Ezekiel
Taiwo Awoniyi
Junior Ajayi
Sadiq Umar

This honourable forum and other sports sites forced Siasia to include Wilfred Ndidi and Kingsley Madu on the provisional list.

However, Siasia kept to his plans of making sure his boys Amuzie and Azubuike made it to Rio. Hence Madu and Ndidi have been dropped.

TheGoodJoe, can u remember the comment where i stated dat Siasia would drop Ndidi from d squad to ensure his captain Azubuike males it?

Siasia has really taken 180million Nigerians for granted. He does whatever he likes for his selfish gains.

His defense trojans have failed him which is why he has gone for Omeruo and Troost-Ekong.The other players(except Sadiq Umar) have been in his plans all along.

My prediction is we will likely scale through our grp bt any other result we get from then on would b like a bonus.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Icon4s:

This honourable forum and other sports sites forced Siasia to include Wilfred Ndidi and Kingsley Madu on the provisional list.

However, Siasia kept to his plans of making sure his boys Amuzie and Azubuike made it to Rio. Hence Madu and Ndidi have been dropped.

TheGoodJoe, can u remember the comment where i stated dat Siasia would drop Ndidi from d squad to ensure his captain Azubuike males it?

Siasia has really taken 180million Nigerians for granted. He does whatever he likes for his selfish gains.

His defense trojans have failed him which is why he has gone for Omeruo and Troost-Ekong.The other players(except Sadiq Umar) have been in his plans all along.

My prediction is we will likely scale through our grp bt any other result we get from then on would b like a bonus.

We wasted money camping and drawing up lists.

Coach Siasia had his team ready long before the African Championship.

I wish him good luck.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We wasted money camping and drawing up lists.

Coach Siasia had his team ready long before the African Championship.

I wish him good luck.

From the list do u see a recogmised CMF?

This y i have told u dat Mikel is in for d CMF while Azubuike will man d DMF position. Siasia wants to market Azubuike. This is the plan all along.

Seeing that list of attackers I feel like crying embarassed
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Sad news... Odubajo is out for 6 months.. He was expected to make his debut in the qualifiers.

I am happy, Paul la Guen is the coach. We need to get away from the favoritism from local coaches.

I like Salisu though, his last Super Eagles list was the most realistic on current form of players in recent times. (For the Mali and Luxembourg games).. We have been so used to players like Akas and Egwuekwe making our team.

I am sure Paul La Guen will do good scouting of our players home and abroad. We need the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Bale is Welsh.

Dem be brothers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:12am On Jul 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Remember, I said, I prefer. So if you do not like Skillful players, that is you.

I will take Ryan Giggs over Beckham any day.

I will take Neymar over Dele Alli.

I love Suarez, Messi, CR7, over the likes of Gerard, Lampard.

Paul Scholes is one of the best players in the game but I prefer Xavi because Xavi is more skillful.

So you are free to like players who do not rely on brilliance on the ball. It is a personal choice.

Ok na! I don hear sir.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:15am On Jul 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He relocated at four. It is on Wikipedia.

That's all. Alex-iwobi got his talent from his naija blood. Likewise, other foreign born naija boys. Shikena, l
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55am On Jul 19, 2016
forgiveness:

That's all. Alex-iwobi got his talent from his naija blood. Likewise, other foreign born naija boys. Shikena, l

There are other factors. It is not just blood. Someone can have the right talents, without the right exposure, he would not show his talent.

Iwobi at a very young age was exposed to bright football. Being a nephew of Jay Jay and playing with Jay Jay at a very young age helped nurture him at a tender age.

The training at Arsenal also helped him grow. However, what I am pointing out is first exposure. This defines a lot about a player.

Iwobi was exposed first to our kind of football, before the English game. So you can spot the difference in his game.

Thiago Alcantara was first exposed to the Brazilian game because of his dad and you see the difference in his game despite spending most of his life in Spain.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There are other factors. It is not just blood. Someone can have the right talents, without the right exposure, he would not show his talent.

Iwobi at a very young age was exposed to bright football. Being a nephew of Jay Jay and playing with Jay Jay at a very young age helped nurture him at a tender age.

The training at Arsenal also helped him grow. However, what I am pointing out is first exposure. This defines a lot about a player.

Iwobi was exposed first to our kind of football, before the English game. So you can spot the difference in his game.

Thiago Alcantara was first exposed to the Brazilian game because of his dad and you see the difference in his game despite spending most of his life in Spain.

So, at the age of 4 he has started playing football?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2016
forgiveness:

So, at the age of 4 he has started playing football?

We have U5 Academy football. So yes, someone exposed to such level of football at a young age have started playing football before four. My Cousin's son, when he was around three was learning to juggle football. Does not leave home without his small football.

His mum said it is because of the football field in front of their house. People play football there every day and his always watching.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by maidaboi(m): 1:39am On Jul 19, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded, is that not what you said? You said the individual talent is hardly there because they were born abroad. Meaning they are English and no longer Nigerians.

Is that not segregation or discrimination?

That was why I asked you these questions.

Now, you said they segregated themselves, right?

Now, can you explain to me why NFF asked or requested only the foreign born players to buy airfare tickets by themselves?

Can you tell us what to call that act? Do you know that the same Ola Aina who pledged to the English team wanted to play for Nigeria just some few weeks ago?

Do you think they have not seen the hand written on the wall?

How many of them? Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa and Idion Ighalo, is that all we can offer?

Please don't even mention Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi (can you see as you are shooting yourself on the foot with these ones grin) because they're from the same English talents you said 'talents is hardly there.'

Did Kelechi Iheanacho goal ratio nominated him for PFA young player of the year?

Sorry, he was not but Dele Alli and Ross Barkley had been nominated. Dele Alli even won it along with PFA_Team_of_the_Year award.

Has Kelechi Iheanacho come close to that?

Kelechi Iheanacho scored 15 goals last season as expected of a striker but do you know Dele Alli and Ross Barkley scored 10 goals and 8 goals respectively as midfielders.

You said they are not Arsenal materials, right? shocked grin

Dat one na club? grin

So, Do you mean Arsenal is better than Liverpool where Sheyi Ojo plays for, ko? grin

You said no one came close to Odion Ighalo in terms of goals scoring. How many goals em score as a striker? 15 goals.

How many goals Dele Alli and Ross Barkley score as midfielders dis season? 10 and 8 goals respectively.

Does that not show how talented they are?

Apart from Dele Alli whom we persuaded to play for us but declined, the rest are NFF faults. They never approached those boys. Even Keshi been add to the problem with his selective selections of mediocre players.

All I wana say is that, there is nothing bad if we add those boys to our team. It will make us better. That's all.
if iheanacho was an England player he could have make o
it bro

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
I do not understand the attempt to degrade foreign born players.

The problem with the English national team has never been player quality. The always have world class players..

Bale, ramsey, Allen and much of the fantastic Wales team were groomed in England.

England went throug the qualifiers unbeaten.

Iwobi, Victor moses etc learnt their trade in England. Nigeria had precious little to do with their talent development.

Fact, Dele Alli, Barkley and Alaba would have added quality to the Nigerian set-up. For a Nigerian team that struggles to beat minnows,that quality would have been invaluable.

Is it not the same Nigeria where Onobi became our starting number 4. A Nigeria with no quality right back. We can do with as much quality as we can get and that includes Nigerians born abroad that are willing to play for us.

The local talents are important as well. There is no need for a divide.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2016
safarigirl:
bros abeg stop insulting Mikel and 19-year old Awoniyi, kini?

It's okay to not like certain players, but downplaying their impact to justify your dislike is an amateur move. Saying Mikel is useless just exposes your lack of football knowledge

Mikel in this Olympic is useless !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2016
Yes that is not the original list .... Thank God !!!

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19798
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2016
adrainuche:
Yes that is not the original list .... Thank God !!!

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19798

ANS is junk news.. lets wait till the list is officially released. If Madu makes the team, it is to sit on the bench for Amuzie..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
forgiveness:

Who em skill epp? Dat is naija for you. If you can dribble you better pass Ronaldinho and Pele.

Kanu Nwankwo was a part time play in his days. Though, he is talented. But bros, em never near those big boys.
Skills don help us win Olympic gold medal,Kanu's goals against Brazil is an epitome of pure skill and ingenuity,Ronaldinho's goal against chelsea in Eufa cl 4finals another reference to the wonders of skill and creativity,Yahaya's assist against brazil is the high point of that match.
The importance of skill and creativity can never be over emphasized in the game of football and every other walk of life. Skill is the beauty of football,we love Jay Jay and Dinho because of their skills.
And how far do u want Kanu to go before he near those big boys. Kanu made FIFA top 10 on 2 occasions. Kanu has won almost everything those big boys won as well and even surpassed them

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
adrainuche:

Mikel in this Olympic is useless !!!
as useless as you are on this thread undecided

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
safarigirl:

Take it cool with the poor man nah.. LOl smiley u should'nt have reach it to that extent nw. Easy..!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

ANS is junk news.. lets wait till the list is officially released. If Madu makes the team, it is to sit on the bench for Amuzie..

But I prefer Madu to Amuzie
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Take it cool with the poor man nah.. LOl smiley u should'nt have reach it to that extent nw. Easy..!
I apologise to the poor man. The frustrating economy must be getting to him grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
safarigirl:
I apologise to the poor man. The frustrating economy must be getting to him grin

smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy u will not kill me.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
tbaba1234:
I do not understand the attempt to degrade foreign born players.

The problem with the English national team has never been player quality. The always have world class players..

Bale, ramsey, Allen and much of the fantastic Wales team were groomed in England.

England went throug the qualifiers unbeaten.

Iwobi, Victor moses etc learnt their trade in England. Nigeria had precious little to do with their talent development.

Fact, Dele Alli, Barkley and Alaba would have added quality to the Nigerian set-up. For a Nigerian team that struggles to beat minnows,that quality would have been invaluable.

Is it not the same Nigeria where Onobi became our starting number 4. A Nigeria with no quality right back. We can do with as much quality as we can get and that includes Nigerians born abroad that are willing to play for us.

The local talents are important as well. There is no need for a divide.

No doubt Dele Alli, Rose Barkley and David Alaba could have added quality to d Super Eagles.

Were the argument spans from is the saying that no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Ross Barkley and David Alaba.

That i cannot accept and would defend even at gun point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
safarigirl:

You are now insulting me someone was saying about your attitude couple of days ago I guess they areally right I think I have the right to feel a player conclusion into the team is justified or not and am certain mikel isn't going to do anything tangible in the squad ...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Can anyone confirm this news on super sports that Iheanacho have been left out of 32man man city squad for pre season,how true is it?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
Napoleon55:
Can anyone confirm this news on super sports that Iheanacho have been left out of 32man man city squad for pre season,how true is it?
Yeah, he's been left out owing to visa issues. However, the list is still subject to changes, so we expect him to be included if he sorts out his visa problems.

That does not stop him from playing tomorrow's match against Bayern in Munich.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Have anyone aware that Paul le guen has rejected the SS offer..? He said the NFF is not meetings his terms and condition..

He even said he was not aware about the
appointment. The NFF are direction-less, Imagine..!

Pinnick is a disaster to our football...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
lakesidepapa:
Have anyone aware that Paul le guen has rejected the SS offer..? He said the NFF is not meetings his terms and condition..

He even said he was not aware about the
appointment. The NFF are direction-less, Imagine..!

Pinnick is a disaster to our football...

I do not think he is rejecting the job. The announcement from NFF is that Coach Paul Le Guen is their choice. So now, Coach Le Guen does not like the conditions for the job, so the negotiations is going on.

I do not think he rejected the job but the conditions on the contract.

I see both parties reaching an agreement.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation has denied that Frenchman, Paul Le Guen was ever offered the Technical Adviser of Super Eagles job as widely reported by the local media Tuesday.

Speaking in the aftermath of the reported rejection of the supposed Super Eagles appointment by the former Indomitable Lions Coach yesterday, the source said the coach was only recommended for the job by the NFF Technical and Development Committee to the Executive Board for ratification, subject to an agreement on personal terms.

More to come

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/never-offered-le-guen-eagles-job-nff/

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.