Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,519 members, 7,850,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702891 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

It's better we don't have natural wingers than natural wingers who cannot play a full game for their club side aminu / imoh may not be natural wingers but am certain they are better than awoniyi and saviour put together ..

Lastly mikel can keep his bags of experience to himself we don't want experience we want result we don't want people who would hold on to the ball unnecessarily you saw Osaze at the Olympic in Beijing scoring goals that is the experience we need nor be experience we go chop na result !! Am sorry am blunt !!!

Blunt but incoherent.

I asked Natural wingers you said it is better we have Strikers on the wings than Natural wingers who can not play.

First, In matches, having players of different qualities help in strategy. Players like Imoh and Aminu have their reasons why they attack, not play as wingers.

There are times you need wingers who can deal with the pressure that comes with winging.

When you play a striker on the wing, most times, there games are direct. They more of head towards goal than down the line to cross.

They strikers are not natural crossers and do not have the preciseness to give passes from the wings to unlock the defence of opponents.

Sometimes, when something is not working, a coach changes strategy. With players of different quality, the coach has options to revert to different style of play. With a team based on Natural attackers only, we will only play directly.

I wonder why Awoniyi popped into the talk. I asked natural wingers. If Simon Moses and Victor Moses were coming, I will not have problem with dropping Godwin. Without these guys, there is a problem.

As for Mikel, my point is not just about experience but bringing balance to the midfield. We have no player who can bring this on the squad. So talking of Babatunde is totally off point.

We need a disciplined player to pivot and control the midfield and Mikel is our best option.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Napoleon55:

No matter how hard u may try,with proof and evidence,,to convince people to accept certain facts,u won't succeed,some peoples minds are biased against certain players. If u remove Mikel from that team,they will be beaten black n blue.

Thanks for your frank remark.

My prayer now is for Chelsea to release Mikel. If Kante does not blend fast in training, I doubt Conte will let Mikel go. Kante's arrival is the reason Chelsea are willing to let go.

The loss to Rapid Vienna has changed the complex of the Chelsea camp.

Contrary to what many people think, Mikel is our only option for Sanity in that team. For a team of an average age of 17 giving us problems, there is a big problem with our team.

I hope Mikel comes because football nowadays punishes weak set ups.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Blunt but incoherent.

I asked Natural wingers you said it is better we have Strikers on the wings than Natural wingers who can not play.

First, In matches, having players of different qualities help in strategy. Players like Imoh and Aminu have their reasons why they attack, not play as wingers.

There are times you need wingers who can deal with the pressure that comes with winging.

When you play a striker on the wing, most times, there games are direct. They more of head towards goal than down the line to cross.

They strikers are not natural crossers and do not have the preciseness to give passes from the wings to unlock the defence of opponents.

Sometimes, when something is not working, a coach changes strategy. With players of different quality, the coach has options to revert to different style of play. With a team based on Natural attackers only, we will only play directly.

I wonder why Awoniyi popped into the talk. I asked natural wingers. If Simon Moses and Victor Moses were coming, I will not have problem with dropping Godwin. Without these guys, there is a problem.

As for Mikel, my point is not just about experience but bringing balance to the midfield. We have no player who can bring this on the squad. So talking of Babatunde is totally off point.

We need a disciplined player to pivot and control the midfield and Mikel is our best option.

You're sounding like Hilary Clinton Mikel Is our best bet under what circumstances who mikel play ball pass for the team he play azubuike or etebo or even shehu ...

sia sia is just giving mikel because he dint go the last olympic finish ... abeg stop all these ish !!! Bring balance SMH the only balance he needs his steady balance in staying at his club so people like Papoolo have the chance to feature for Nigeria !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

You're sounding like Hilary Clinton Mikel Is our best bet under what circumstances who mikel play ball pass for the team he play azubuike or etebo or even shehu ...

sia sia is just giving mikel because he dint go the last olympic finish ... abeg stop all these ish !!! Bring balance SMH the only balance he needs his steady balance in staying at his club so people like Papoolo have the chance to feature for Nigeria !!!

Azubuike was always on the team when the team leaked goals. So you can not make it look as of we are rock solid with Azubuike.

If Azubuike was so exceptional as you make it, Azubuike would have benched Mikel in the National team.

As for what your arguing about Mikel. Read the bolded I posted again. If you can not learn from a footballing great Coach, I do not think I can make you change your mind. What I posted there is enough for you to stop the Babatunde, Popoola talk. What Mikel brings to the team is Miles bigger than that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
Di Matteo said: "I don't know why Mikel is underrated by the media or the fans. He is very rated by us in the group and it's a position where you're a bit of an unsung hero.

"You do the dirty work which is not recognised all the time because the goalscorers and more creative players get the recognition. But he is very important for our team."

This is the role I feel we need Mikel for. I feel a solid shield in front of the defence will reduce our goal problems. We will not stop leaking goals but the rate at which the dream team concedes goal will reduce.

Also Coach Siasia likes his side to attack and with Mikel in the side, his style of play will bring a more organized style of play.

Mikel as a leader will serve as a source of motivation and Mikel has the knowledge of defensive organization due to playing as part of the defensive structure of a successful Chelsea.

This is what Mikel brings that other players on the squad do not have.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
There are few arguments I no longer partake in,2 of them are 1- Ronaldo vs Messi, 2-Mikel is a good player mikel is not a good player.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

Really have monitored this team and I will tell u I know exactly what am saying ... first of all are these the best boys we could feature for this tournament Siasia and my boys excuses it is what happened to Manu Garba at new zealand u20 it's d same thing that would happened to Siasia when instead of playing yahaya or ihenacho he decided to play soKari and we know what happened one cannot take a knife to a gun fight and guess what Germany got eliminated by Mali the same Mali we beat to qualify for the tournament ... instead of playing sucess he played awoniyi guess what sucess is breaking club transfer while awoniyi is finding difficult to net Charleston battery ...

We have better strikers am not saying Siasia should eliminate his team that won him the ticket all am saying make sure there is competition in the team when last did AjayI and awoniyi score ... our strikers are impotent in front of goals during the u23 afcon our goals came from the midfield why is mikel obi even invited Is he going to up the game or destroy it instead of mikel why not go for ifeanyi Mathew we have musa yahaya am certain the club would have released him 100% we have Chisom Chikatara ... the NPFL all star team that we are taking to Spain for the pre-season friendly is even stronger than this ... Godwin saviour is just like Wilshere dint play 90 mins this whole season yet he's guaranteed a shirt !!! Even without our foreign pros this isn't our best players so u know d pool of talent we have In this nation we want people to compete for shirts ...

Godwin Obaje
Chidozie Awaziem
Nuru Abdulahi
C.Nwobodo
M.Yahaya
M.babtunde -> M.obi ... I will take a babtunde micheal to a mikel obi any day any time I am surprised at Nigerian coaches we have lack of creativity in that team only etebo ... if we had yahaya and babtunde it would be better what does mikel do in that team that Abdulahi Shehu or usman Muhammed can't do ... I have a lot to say ... am patriotic but am been sincere !!! We cannot keep on waiting for miracles God helped us win the u23 afcon I don't think God is a Nigerian ...

Check my comment i didn't tell u to bet on Nigeria. Being a fan is not about being sure of a team, being a fan doesn't mean u expect to win. A fan believes even when it makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Icon4s:

Firstly, they are the ones that segregate themselves by saying things like "I feel English blood flowing through my veins", "i have a dream of playing for the three lions" bla-bla-bla. Ola Aina and Adarabioye jst recently pledged their allegiance to England and u expect us to keep hoping on such players? Or we should send Buhari and Saraki to go beg them?

U said no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Ross Barkley & the likes. Are u for real?

Well, Kelechi Iheanacho has the record of the highest ever goals ratio (goals/min) in the entire EPL history. Neither of Dele Alli, Ross Barkley nor Jodon Ibe comes close.

Did you see a player named Alexander Iwobi play for Arsenal last season? A player that sent Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain permanently to d bench. Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Jodon Ibe and Ross Barkley are nt even Arsenal materials.

In terms of goals scoring did any of Alli,Ojo, Barkley or Ibe come near Odion Ighalo?

You also forget that Victor Moses is a Nigerian

Come 2016/2017 season u will see the likes of Isaac (the beast) Success, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Nwakali join the Super list of the Super Nigerian talents in the EPL.

Then this David Alaba u are always mentioning are u saying we have never produced a better player than him. The guy is now an Austrian. Forget him and lets focus on the ones we still have the opportunity of switching their natiomality.

In as much as I am happy some of them have pledged allegiance to Nigeria I will nt wail if any of them snubs Nigeria. Simple.

Icon4s:

Me, I personally dnt rate English players that highly.They only have good development structure. The individual talent is hardly there.

Look at all of them Dele Alli and Ross Barkley how dey flopped at d Euros.

@bolded, is that not what you said? You said the individual talent is hardly there because they were born abroad. Meaning they are English and no longer Nigerians.

Is that not segregation or discrimination?

That was why I asked you these questions.

forgiveness:

Bros, so you mean Naija blood is no longer running in their veins because they were born abroad?

How many home grown players do we have self that is half talented than Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Sheyi Ojo and David Alaba?

Now, you said they segregated themselves, right?

Now, can you explain to me why NFF asked or requested only the foreign born players to buy airfare tickets by themselves?

Can you tell us what to call that act? Do you know that the same Ola Aina who pledged to the English team wanted to play for Nigeria just some few weeks ago?

Do you think they have not seen the hand written on the wall?

forgiveness:

How many home grown players do we have self that is half talented than Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Sheyi Ojo and David Alaba?.

How many of them? Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa and Idion Ighalo, is that all we can offer?

Please don't even mention Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi (can you see as you are shooting yourself on the foot with these ones grin) because they're from the same English talents you said 'talents is hardly there.'

Did Kelechi Iheanacho goal ratio nominated him for PFA young player of the year?

Sorry, he was not but Dele Alli and Ross Barkley had been nominated. Dele Alli even won it along with PFA_Team_of_the_Year award.

Has Kelechi Iheanacho come close to that?

Kelechi Iheanacho scored 15 goals last season as expected of a striker but do you know Dele Alli and Ross Barkley scored 10 goals and 8 goals respectively as midfielders.

You said they are not Arsenal materials, right? shocked grin

Dat one na club? grin

So, Do you mean Arsenal is better than Liverpool where Sheyi Ojo plays for, ko? grin

You said no one came close to Odion Ighalo in terms of goals scoring. How many goals em score as a striker? 15 goals.

How many goals Dele Alli and Ross Barkley score as midfielders dis season? 10 and 8 goals respectively.

Does that not show how talented they are?

Apart from Dele Alli whom we persuaded to play for us but declined, the rest are NFF faults. They never approached those boys. Even Keshi been add to the problem with his selective selections of mediocre players.

All I wana say is that, there is nothing bad if we add those boys to our team. It will make us better. That's all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded, is that not what you said? You said the individual talent is hardly there because they were born abroad. Meaning they are English and no longer Nigerians.

Now, can you explain to me why NFF asked or requested only the foreign born players to buy airfare tickets by themselves?

Can you tell us what to call that act? Do you know that the same Ola Aina who pledged to the English team wanted to play for Nigeria just some few weeks ago?

How many of them? Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa and Idion Ighalo, is that all we can offer?

Please don't even mention Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi (can you see as you are shooting yourself on the foot with these ones grin) because they're from the same English talents you said 'talents is hardly there.'

Did Kelechi Iheanacho goal ratio nominated him for PFA young player of the year?

Sorry, he was not but Dele Alli and Ross Barkley had been nominated. Dele Alli even won it along with PFA_Team_of_the_Year award.

Kelechi Iheanacho scored 15 goals last season as expected of a striker but do you know Dele Alli and Ross Barkley scored 10 goals and 8 goals respectively as midfielders.

Dat one na club? grin

So, Do you mean Arsenal is better than Liverpool where Sheyi Ojo plays for, ko? grin

You said no one came close to Odion Ighalo in terms of goals scoring. How many goals em score as a striker? 15 goals.

How many goals Dele Alli and Ross Barkley score as midfielders dis season? 10 and 8 goals respectively.

Apart from Dele Alli whom we persuaded to play for us but declined, the rest are NFF faults. They never approached those boys. Even Keshi been add to the problem with his selective selections of mediocre players.

All I wana say is that, there is nothing bad if we add those boys to our team. It will make us better. That's all.

Iwobi is Nigerian born.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Dat one na club? grin

Ross Barkley changed his surname from Effanga. Whether we approached him early or not. I doubt he would ever have chosen us over England.

If we do not approach, many will say NFF faults.

As I said before. If anyone wants to play, the best step is to pledge allegiance. We are even going far approaching and getting turned down.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iwobi is Nigerian born.

Did he horn is skills on the streets of Naija? No.

Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi horned their skills in the English Academy.

Or are you saying where they were born determines their talent or skills?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Dat one na club? grin

Do you rate English talents highly?

Even in the Etihad Campus, Devante Cole, Andy Cole's son complained about the City coaches rating the Foreign talents better than them.

Note, Alaba is not English talent.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Iwobi is Nigerian born. The bolded talked about their development structure, right? So why are you talking horn skills.

Icon4s is talking about Natural talent. No horning the natural talent.

Arsenal signed Iwobi based on the talent they saw when he arrived from Nigeria. Not from what he horned in England.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Ross Barkley changed his surname from Effanga. Whether we approached him early or not. I doubt he would ever have chosen us over England.

If we do not approach, many will say NFF faults.

As I said before. If anyone wants to play, the best step is to pledge allegiance. We are even going far approaching and getting turned down.

I know because I followed him as soon as he declared he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

We had the opportunity to cap the lad but Keshi was busy with the selection of mediocre players.

Even God talks 'ask and it shall be given..' NFF never asked the lad. They never gave him opportunity to reject or choose his father's land.

Where Otigba dey till na?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

That early stage and influence plays a lot in talent. A player born in Brazil playing on the pitch with a lot of creative players will definitely have a different style of play with a player born in England playing technical football.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iwobi is Nigerian born. The bolded talked about their development structure, right? So why are you talking horn skills.

Icon4s is talking about Natural talent. No horning the natural talent.

Arsenal signed Iwobi based on the talent they saw when he arrived from Nigeria. Not from what he horned in England.

grin So, you mean the naija gene dey change depending on where you are born? shocked grin Kontinue! grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That early stage and influence plays a lot in talent. A player born in Brazil playing on the pitch with a lot of creative players will definitely have a different style of play with a player born in England playing technical football.

How many years did Iwobi spend in Nigeria before he relocated abroad?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

I know because I followed him as soon as he declared he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

We had the opportunity to cap the lad but Keshi was busy with the selection of mediocre players.

Even God talks 'ask and it shall be given..' NFF never asked the lad. They never gave him opportunity to reject or choose his father's land.

Where Otigba dey till na?

Having the opportunity to cap him does not mean he will play for us. We have asked the likes of Adarabioyo, Ibe, Aina and it was not given to us. So how can you believe a player who changed his Nigerian surname would be given to us.

As for Otigba, his allegiance is with us and he will get his chance soon.

Where is Iwobi? Capped by us.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

How many years did Iwobi spend in Nigeria before he relocated abroad?

When Arsene Wenger saw him, he was brilliant. That was not English development that attracted Iwobi to Wenger. Simple.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Do you rate English talents highly?

Even in the Etihad Campus, Devante Cole, Andy Cole's son complained about the City coaches rating the Foreign talents better than them.

Note, Alaba is not English talent.

Of course, I rate them even higher than Nigeria players based on past and present.

Abi. Gale, Lampard, Gerrard, etc no bi English?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

grin So, you mean the naija gene dey change depending on where you are born? shocked grin Kontinue! grin

Why make a funny joke out of a simple explanation?

Simple, a Child born and starting his early days of football in Rosario, Argentina will play differently from a child born and playing early on the beach of Brazil.

This is a very simple point
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Of course, I rate them even higher than Nigeria players based on past and present.

Steven Gerard, Lampard are brilliant players. However, despite the long range goals and some passes, those guys playing style do not blow my mind. At all.

I do not rate Gerard over Jay Jay. Jay was unbelievably brilliant and controlled the whole field. When Jay is on his day, it was close to magic.

Same goes to Kanu. His touch and quick thinking brings a different class in their games.

The foreign talents always have an edge when it comes to on the ball brilliance.

I will take Alonso over those guys any day.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Bale is Welsh.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Having the opportunity to cap him does not mean he will play for us. We have asked the likes of Adarabioyo, Ibe, Aina and it was not given to us. So how can you believe a player who changed his Nigerian surname would be given to us.

As for Otigba, his allegiance is with us and he will get his chance soon.

Where is Iwobi? Capped by us.

So, if you cap a player in a FIFA organised competition, there is no guarantee a player will play for that country?

Changing of name doesn't prove or change anything. I have seen people changed their names and still pledge their allegiance to their country.

We must ask first and confirm their position on the issue.

He will get his chances soon but he has missed out of African nations Cup twice. And still no guarantee.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Okay...we have agreed that Mikel will not allow us concede goals. Please how will we score goals? With a good defense, we may be guaranteed to have three goalless draws which gives 3 points. Unfortunately, 3 points won't take us out of the group stage.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When Arsene Wenger saw him, he was brilliant. That was not English development that attracted Iwobi to Wenger. Simple.

Stop running away from this simple question.

At what age did he relocate to England?

Abi no be u talk say the pikin wey dem born for Brazil different from the ones born in....

Where did that talent come from despite living all his life in England? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
joseph1013:
Okay...we have agreed that Mikel will never allow us concede goals. Please how will we score goals? With a good defense, we may be guaranteed to have three goalless draws which gives 3 points. Unfortunately, 3 points won't take us out of the group stage.

grin laugh wan tear belle for dis kwesion oooo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Why make a funny joke out of a simple explanation?

Simple, a Child born and starting his early days of football in Rosario, Argentina will play differently from a child born and playing early on the beach of Brazil.

This is a very simple point

We don't need to go too far.

At what age did Iwobi relocated to England?

Then, we can prove what you just said.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Stephen Gerard, Lampard are brilliant players. However, despite the long range goals and some passes, those guys playing style do not blow my mind. At all.

I do not rate Gerard over Jay Jay. Jay was unbelievably brilliant and controlled the whole field. When Jay is on his day, it was close to magic.

Same goes to Kanu. His touch and quick thinking brings a different class in their games.

The foreign talents always have an edge when it comes to on the ball brilliance.

I will take Alonso over those guys any day.

Who em skill epp? Dat is naija for you. If you can dribble you better pass Ronaldinho and Pele.

Kanu Nwankwo was a part time play in his days. Though, he is talented. But bros, em never near those big boys.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Stop running away from this simple question.

At what age did he relocate to England?

Abi no be u talk say the pikin wey dem born for Brazil different from the ones born in....

Where did that talent come from despite living all his life in England? grin

So you are saying when Arsene Wenger signed Iwobi, he had spent more time in England than Nigeria. That is not true.

The influence is different.

Football influence affects the way you play. When a child is born and growing up, the influence affects him.

Iwobi will definitely be affected by the English culture. His trainings and playing among English folks.

However, he has a strong Nigerian influence in his game.

Also, your family members which play a major role in early development also affects a player.

So if you look at Thiago Alcantara for instance, you see the Brazilian influence from his family. His dad used to play for Brazil and you see also the Spanish influence in his game.

At the end, it is all about influence and exposure.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So you are saying when Arsene Wenger signed Iwobi, he had spent more time in England than Nigeria. That is not true.

The influence is different.

Football influence affects the way you play. When a child is born and growing up, the influence affects him.

Iwobi will definitely be affected by the English culture. His trainings and playing among English folks.

However, he has a strong Nigerian influence in his game.

Also, your family members which play a major role in early development also affects a player.

So if you look at Thiago Alcantara for instance, you see the Brazilian influence from his family. His dad used to play for Brazil and you see also the Spanish influence in his game.

At the end, it is all about influence and exposure.

I agree. But at what age did he relocate to England?

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.