Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702992 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
With omeruo, troost and Mikel. The defence might be better.

Aminu Umar will help the attack.

The attack is what is baffling me,,, have'nt seen much of Umar, Ajayi is a slowpoke smiley i dont like him, Awoniyi is a disaster.

Chai.. sad Aron samuel, chikatara et .al should have made it into this team, they would nourish the attack...all is well sha
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Joniboi:
Barring any last minute change, head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has submitted a list of 19 players that will represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

The list of 19 players has one player in as standby although the name of the player wasn’t mentioned but the move we gathered was done by the coach to make up for any disappointment that could come from any of the expected foreign based in the team.

Daniel Akpeyi
Emmanuel Daniel
Sincere Seth
Kenneth Omeruo
Stanley Amuzie
William Troost Ekong
Saturday Keigo Erimuya
Erhun Obanor
Mikel Obi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Ogenekaro Etebo
Usman Mohammed
Shehu Abdullahi
Stanley Dimgba
Aminu Umar
Imoh Ezekiel
Taiwo Awoniyi
Junior Ajayi
Sadiq Umar

Sad that at the end, we would not get to see Popoola at the Olympics. Wish the young man Goodluck and the best in his future.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2016
lakesidepapa:

The attack is what is baffling me,,, have'nt seen much of Umar, Ajayi is a slowpoke smiley i dont like him, Awoniyi is a disaster.

Chai.. sad Aron samuel, chikatara et .al should have made it into this team, they would nourish the attack...all is well sha

I am also surprised Godwin Saviour did not make the list. Since he was part of the team for long and creating chances has not been the team's problem.

I expected Coach Siasia to do something about the team's finishing but it is definitely the same strike force. Maybe Coach Siasia feels Sadiq Umar can salvage the goal drought.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Sad that at the end, we would not get to see Popoola at the Olympics. Wish the young man Goodluck and the best in his future.

Do you know the reason Popoola and Saviour were dropped?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am also surprised Godwin Saviour did not make the list. Since he was part of the team for long and creating chances has not been the team's problem.

I expected Coach Siasia to do something about the team's finishing but it is definitely the same strike force. Maybe Coach Siasia feels Sadiq Umar can salvage the goal drought.

I think there's a reason only known to him for him to dropped Godwin

He knows the best players on ground that can help in executing the competition with the approaches he will adopt, thats why i could'nt criticize him on his selection.. So the reason for dropping the dude is known to siasia, but the guy deserved to be in the team in our own view.
I just hope the team will brings out some surprises

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2016
joseph1013:

Do you know the reason Popoola and Saviour were dropped?

I have no idea. We did not get sufficient reports from the camp in America. I just hope Coach Siasia selected those he feels are the best for the team. I was looking forward to watching those two at the Euros.

Wish the Dream team the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2016
[b]Man City Loanee Nwakali Picks Up Two Assist In Impressive Display For Loan Side

Chidiebere Nwakali once again put up an impressive showing for his loan side Start by setting up two goals to help them salvage a point in a 2-2 draw against Molde.

Elder brother to Arsenal latest teen signing Kelechi Nwakali he is on a season long loan to IK Start in Norway where he has experienced an upturn in form as opposed to his previous loan spells.

19 year old Nwakali is in his third loan spell away from Manchester City since joining the Etihad outfit in 2015 alongside Kelechi Iheanacho who is now fully established as a first team player.

However the disappointments of his previous loan spells at La- Liga side Malaga and Spanish second division side Girona made most people doubt if he will ever make it at Manchester City.

Those doubts are slowly been put to rest as he has discovered the form that made Manchester City snapped him up at Norwegian side Start where he has made 15 appearances with two goals and five assists.

The midfield dynamo although booked against Molde was instrumental in the one point they picked by setting up Espen Boerufsen for the opener and providing the assist for Gudmundur Kristjansson to put them 2-1 up although they later drew 2-2.[/b]

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/17/man-city-loanee-nwakali-picks-up-two-assist-in-impressive-display-for-loan-side/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2016
[b]jon stakes:

F%&^ me!!!

Watch the highlights from yesterday's game vs Molde.
http://www.ikstart.no/

Nwakali with two splendid assists:

First one he wins the ball twice in one fluid move, dribbles it into the penalty area, then squares off the ball for basically a tap-in without even looking.

Second one is a counterattack, Nwakali get a ball off a corner, runs half the field then does a perfect through ball between two defenders for a one-on-one and a goal.

He also had one great play, where he won the ball, dribbled through two players and then made a through ball pass between three players to create a one-on-one opportunity, only for the striker to mess up a one of one.

Honestly... Haven't seen such a talented box-to-box midfielder since Essien. But Essien's passing was never this good.

Sure... maybe a lucky game... but I've seen a few highlights and he seems the real deal. 6 MOTM performances in 16 games for the youngster...

You guys and the club really need to take more interest in Nwakali. He may just turn out to be you best on-loan player.[/b]
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/chidi-nwakali.322725/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Due to the Work Permit issues, I do not see Man City holding on to Chidi Nwakali if he keeps on performing this way. He is too big for IK Start and clubs are watching Chidebere Nwakali putting in impressive displays.

I think our youngsters should avoid England due to their work permit issues.

Keep On Going Chidebere Nwakali.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2016
Jon Stakes:

Honestly... Haven't seen such a talented box-to-box midfielder since Essien. But Essien's passing was never this good.

Just love this statement.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:53am On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[b]jon stakes:

F%&^ me!!!

Watch the highlights from yesterday's game vs Molde.
http://www.ikstart.no/

Nwakali with two splendid assists:

First one he wins the ball twice in one fluid move, dribbles it into the penalty area, then squares off the ball for basically a tap-in without even looking.

Second one is a counterattack, Nwakali get a ball off a corner, runs half the field then does a perfect through ball between two defenders for a one-on-one and a goal.

He also had one great play, where he won the ball, dribbled through two players and then made a through ball pass between three players to create a one-on-one opportunity, only for the striker to mess up a one of one.

Sure... maybe a lucky game... but I've seen a few highlights and he seems the real deal. 6 MOTM performances in 16 games for the youngster...

You guys and the club really need to take more interest in Nwakali. He may just turn out to be you best on-loan player.[/b]
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/chidi-nwakali.322725/

I don't know, but this makes my heart leap. I want Chidi to come good. I have always thought him a good player.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
Coach Siasia must do his best to avoid Brazil and give our team a chance to grow with the tournament.

Brazil has a beast player, tagged the new Ronaldinho by no other than the great Ronaldo De Lima coming to the Olympics. Manchester City is fighting hard to secure the signature of this Wonderkid, Gabriel Jesus.

The Wonder kid is Skillful and is a goo finisher.

Palmeiras FC of Brazil have already rejected a bid from Barcelona and Real Madrid is preparing a better bid for him.

With Neymar and Renato Augusto, I hate to see us take a whooping in front of Millions of fans.

I hope we do our best to top our group.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Coach Siasia must do his best to avoid Brazil and give our team a chance to grow with the tournament.

Brazil has a beast player, tagged the new Ronaldinho by no other than the great Ronaldo De Lima coming to the Olympics. Manchester City is fighting hard to secure the signature of this Wonderkid.

The Wonder kid is Skillful and is a goo finisher.

Palmeiras FC of Brazil have already rejected a bid from Barcelona and Real Madrid is preparing a better bid for him.

With Neymar and Renato Augusto, I hate to see us take a whooping in front of Millions of fans.

I hope we do our best to top our group.

LOL. I hope we do our best to qualify from the group.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
Icon4s:

Bros u have written a lot here but proper indentation and spacing would really do readers good. Thanks.
Sorry,it was from my phone,and it wasn't planned,it just kept coming,

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
Joniboi:
Barring any last minute change, head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has submitted a list of 19 players that will represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

The list of 19 players has one player in as standby although the name of the player wasn’t mentioned but the move we gathered was done by the coach to make up for any disappointment that could come from any of the expected foreign based in the team.

Daniel Akpeyi
Emmanuel Daniel
Sincere Seth
Kenneth Omeruo
Stanley Amuzie
William Troost Ekong
Saturday Keigo Erimuya
Erhun Obanor
Mikel Obi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Ogenekaro Etebo
Usman Mohammed
Shehu Abdullahi
Stanley Dimgba
Aminu Umar
Imoh Ezekiel
Taiwo Awoniyi
Junior Ajayi
Sadiq Umar

Shey na my eyes no see well abi na wetin? E bi like say I no see Madu for that list. undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I am relaxed and i still feel mistakes can happen, u don't always win by being the best. I for one am with these guys till the end. I will give them what i have always given any man or woman that i have ever witnessed play for Nigeria and that is support, u don't get to pick when to be a fan it is through good and bad. I don't hope they lose infact i hope they prove me wrong like they did in Senegal, i don't see why not it's not like anyone else besides Neymar is going to be there.

Really have monitored this team and I will tell u I know exactly what am saying ... first of all are these the best boys we could feature for this tournament Siasia and my boys excuses it is what happened to Manu Garba at new zealand u20 it's d same thing that would happened to Siasia when instead of playing yahaya or ihenacho he decided to play soKari and we know what happened one cannot take a knife to a gun fight and guess what Germany got eliminated by Mali the same Mali we beat to qualify for the tournament ... instead of playing sucess he played awoniyi guess what sucess is breaking club transfer while awoniyi is finding difficult to net Charleston battery ...

We have better strikers am not saying Siasia should eliminate his team that won him the ticket all am saying make sure there is competition in the team when last did AjayI and awoniyi score ... our strikers are impotent in front of goals during the u23 afcon our goals came from the midfield why is mikel obi even invited Is he going to up the game or destroy it instead of mikel why not go for ifeanyi Mathew we have musa yahaya am certain the club would have released him 100% we have Chisom Chikatara ... the NPFL all star team that we are taking to Spain for the pre-season friendly is even stronger than this ... Godwin saviour is just like Wilshere dint play 90 mins this whole season yet he's guaranteed a shirt !!! Even without our foreign pros this isn't our best players so u know d pool of talent we have In this nation we want people to compete for shirts ...

Godwin Obaje
Chidozie Awaziem
Nuru Abdulahi
C.Nwobodo
M.Yahaya
M.babtunde -> M.obi ... I will take a babtunde micheal to a mikel obi any day any time I am surprised at Nigerian coaches we have lack of creativity in that team only etebo ... if we had yahaya and babtunde it would be better what does mikel do in that team that Abdulahi Shehu or usman Muhammed can't do ... I have a lot to say ... am patriotic but am been sincere !!! We cannot keep on waiting for miracles God helped us win the u23 afcon I don't think God is a Nigerian ...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
Even when we complain, it is because we want the team to do well. Maybe Mikel and etebo will improve the side but as it stands, the results and performances are discouraging.

Mikel cannot improve any team even I'd it's enyimba mikel is not impact player he is already old ... instead of mikel I would a prefer a micheal babtunde people can take on players and can cause surprises mikel is not capable of causing surprises he has no reason to be there he is just taking of us featuring musa yahaya or batunde or even ifeanyi Matthew ... who takes mikel and expect and impact imoh Ezekiel or nwaka li will more impact than I can swear with my life for that I disagree on this one mikel is a waste of space .... let them take Papoolo instead if mikel ...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We would have taken Papoolo to the Olympic instead of mikel obi let Chelsea not release him abeg !!! Chelsea will do us a very good favour if they can hold him up and say they are no longer releasing him ... for Umeruo we need him with troost but for mikel hell No Papoolo is 10 times a better player ....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank God Godwin Saviour dint make the list even awoniyi shouldn't be on that list with AjayI too ....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
joseph1013:

LOL. I hope we do our best to qualify from the group.

Qualify from the group and then get eliminated by brazil are we sure we can qualify from that group I don't think so !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
forgiveness:

Shey na my eyes no see well abi na wetin? E bi like say I no see Madu for that list. undecided

Siasia don't want competition for his boys I am very happy Godwin dint make the list am surprised that Papoolo dint make the list ... for awoniyi I hope he's the stand by player he should go and look for a club abeg he has lost it even AjayI should go and find something ...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

We would have taken Papoolo to the Olympic instead of mikel obi let Chelsea not release him abeg !!! Chelsea will do us a very good favour if they can hold him up and say they are no longer releasing him ... for Umeruo we need him with troost but for mikel hell No Papoolo is 10 times a better player ....

“John Obi can be one of the key figures,” Guus Hiddink explained.

“He can recover, he knows the league and the game very well. He knows where the strengths of the opponents are and how to cope with that. He has a very good eye and sense and he is very elegant. It is beautiful to see.

“He doesn’t lose many balls. I don’t expect and ask for decisive final passes, even though he can.

"He played very well but also in previous games. He is the ideal player in my opinion to bring balance to the team.

“If you see the previous time Chelsea conceded a lot of goals. If the team is not willing to defend well or not have the right balance then you’ll concede them.”

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

“John Obi can be one of the key figures,” Guus Hiddink explained.

“He can recover, he knows the league and the game very well. He knows where the strengths of the opponents are and how to cope with that. He has a very good eye and sense and he is very elegant. It is beautiful to see.

“He doesn’t lose many balls. I don’t expect and ask for decisive final passes, even though he can.

"He played very well but also in previous games. He is the ideal player in my opinion to bring balance to the team.

“If you see the previous time Chelsea conceded a lot of goals. If the team is not willing to defend well or not have the right balance then you’ll concede them.”

angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

It is more than a coincidence Mikel has reigned so long during the most successful spell of Chelsea. Most times Mikel is not with Chelsea, they lose the steel they have.

Mikel is the most important player we need in that squad. He has something no other midfielder can bring to the Nigerian midfield.

How to spot attacking strengths of opponents. Just as Hiddink pointed out, watching Mikel effortlessly take out the strength of opponents.

It looks as if he is doing nothing. It looks as if other players can bring more. But, you can not argue with the brilliant experience of Guus Hiddink. This is a man who coached greats like Edgar Davids, Seedorf and Cocu.

He is pointing out how brilliant Mikel is. Our Dream Team is disorganized and the balance Mikel brings when he plays will make the dream team more organized. Mikel's presence will help reduce us leaking goals.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
Lol, Siaone house of commotion
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sometimes, you stop arguing and listen. That is a legend of the game talking. Guus Hiddink is a tactical master that has coached lots of great games. He coached Russia to make an impressive Euro performance.

Unless you want to tell me you know more than Guus Hiddink. Go and read about how Guus Hiddink almost eliminated the best club football team of all time, Barcelona under Pep Guardiola. In Guardiola's first season.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

Siasia don't want competition for his boys I am very happy Godwin dint make the list am surprised that Papoolo dint make the list ... for awoniyi I hope he's the stand by player he should go and look for a club abeg he has lost it even AjayI should go and find something ...

You are happy no Godwin? So, in that list, how many natural wingers do we have that are better than Godwin?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is more than a coincidence Mikel has reigned so long during the most successful spell of Chelsea. Most times Mikel is not with Chelsea, they lose the steel they have.

Mikel is the most important player we need in that squad. He has something no other midfielder can bring to the Nigerian midfield.

How to spot attacking strengths of opponents. Just as Hiddink pointed out, watching Mikel effortlessly take out the strength of opponents.

It looks as if he is doing nothing. It looks as if other players can bring more. But, you can not argue with the brilliant experience of Guus Hiddink. This is a man who coached greats like Edgar Davids, Seedorf and Cocu.

He is pointing out how brilliant Mikel is. Our Dream Team is disorganized and the balance Mikel brings when he plays will make the dream team more organized. Mikel's presence will help reduce us leaking goals.
No matter how hard u may try,with proof and evidence,,to convince people to accept certain facts,u won't succeed,some peoples minds are biased against certain players. If u remove Mikel from that team,they will be beaten black n blue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are happy no Godwin? So, in that list, how many natural wingers do we have that are better than Godwin?

It's better we don't have natural wingers than natural wingers who cannot play a full game for their club side aminu / imoh may not be natural wingers but am certain they are better than awoniyi and saviour put together ..

Lastly mikel can keep his bags of experience to himself we don't want experience we want result we don't want people who would hold on to the ball unnecessarily you saw Osaze at the Olympic in Beijing scoring goals that is the experience we need nor be experience we go chop na result !! Am sorry am blunt !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Napoleon55:

No matter how hard u may try,with proof and evidence,,to convince people to accept certain facts,u won't succeed,some peoples minds are biased against certain players. If u remove Mikel from that team,they will be beaten black n blue.

So u say with mikel on that team they won't be beaten black and blue ... like as if when Argentina beat us and France mikel was not part of the players that where in d team mikel isn't an impact player you should put mikel in a game that u are winning and you want to stabilize or slow down mikel can never affect the result whether we loose or win ... it's not that mikel will cover more ground than etebo mikel shouldn't be invited for that tournament he just wants to spoil someone's future which I guess is Papoolo ... mikel should stay in his club let them not release him abeg !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by DrinkWater10: 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
adrainuche:

Mikel cannot improve any team even I'd it's enyimba mikel is not impact player he is already old ... instead of mikel I would a prefer a micheal babtunde people can take on players and can cause surprises mikel is not capable of causing surprises he has no reason to be there he is just taking of us featuring musa yahaya or batunde or even ifeanyi Matthew ... who takes mikel and expect and impact imoh Ezekiel or nwaka li will more impact than I can swear with my life for that I disagree on this one mikel is a waste of space .... let them take Papoolo instead if mikel ...
That Michael Babatunde is an Assist king .
I like his playing style.
BTW Wonder why Obinna Nwobodo hasnt been invited yet. The guy got an assist in his last game and a goal in the game before that.
Dimgba has lost form.
Egbuchulam of rangers and Ubong friday of Akwa have been impressive on the flanks this season.
If Siasia wants to use our NPFL players , let him take the pick them on current form. So that they dont make a bad impression of ourb eagure please.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Let's sia sia be fooling himself with mikel ... the work mikel is doing in that team Abdulahi Shehu and usman Mohammed can do it even ifeanyI Matthew can do it.. mikel is just like awoniyi couldnt leave to his potential ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.