Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,530 members, 7,861,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (704456 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2016
forgiveness:

Hmm! But I have evidence. grin

Place your evidence. What is the need having it and saying you have evidence?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mikel taunts Manchester United record Signing !

Nigerian Soccer team Captain John Obi Mikel aimed a playful dig at new Manchester United signing Paul Pogba

Mikel passed the comment . . . read more http://www.soccerassembly.com/mikel-taunts-pogba-anticipates-playing-against-uniteds-record-signing/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Very hard to have hope when it comes to this kind of football. These guys have lost focus. We can only hope they can win the game.

So those allowances is more important to these players tha writing their names in history.
Same mistake over and over,tell me how this will not affect them tomorrow.
There is no need lecturing them what Olympic gold medal would attract once they win it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Napoleon55:

Same mistake over and over,tell me how this will not affect them tomorrow.
There is no need lecturing them what Olympic gold medal would attract once they win it
If they stopped training because of match bonus then they rightly deserve to loose tomorrow. Nobody deserves to eat their cake and have it.
I hope the Scandinavians hand them their own azz tomorrow. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Denmark again why
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2016
goldfish80:

If they stopped training because of match bonus then they rightly deserve to loose tomorrow. Nobody deserves to eat their cake and have it.
I hope the Scandinavians hand them their own azz tomorrow. Nonsense

do we know that these reports are true? Even at that i don't hope they lose, why na?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

do we know that these reports are true? Even at that i don't hope they lose, why na?

The reports are true. The only report that is probably false is mikel paying $4,000 but even the sports ministry admitted the hotel problem.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2016
tbaba1234:

The reports are true. The only report that is probably false is mikel paying $4,000 but even the sports ministry admitted the hotel problem.

I don't see any foriegn sites carrying this news and Mikel has not said anything so lets keep our fingers crossed. Our media is bull sometimes and they like making up stories without known sources.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The reports are as true as truth can be. All the national dailies are reporting this story and Siasia being quoted as saying he is with the players on their strike action.
Look, am tired of our players holding us to randsom. Everytime they threaten boycott while on national assignment because of naira and kobo. The last time it was the U20's boycotting training for days, only to loose on match day to Sudan. After the game, their cries didn't change anything.

I put it to you these guys are under rating the Danes. If they were billed to play Brazil, I can bet my house this threat of boycott wouldn't come to light.
After all, it their career. They can do whatever pleases them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2016
goldfish80:

The reports are as true as truth can be. All the national dailies are reporting this story and Siasia being quoted as saying he is with the players on their strike action.
Look, am tired of our players holding us to randsom. Everytime they threaten boycott while on national assignment because of naira and kobo. The last time it was the U20's boycotting training for days, only to loose on match day to Sudan. After the game, their cries didn't change anything.

I put it to you these guys are under rating the Danes. If they were billed to play Brazil, I can bet my house this threat of boycott wouldn't come to light.
After all, it their career. They can do whatever pleases them.

Ok but we shall beat Denmark. I am all in right now no chance i go back. After the event is over i will make my comments but till then go Naija.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2016
forgiveness:

grin e bi like say you know my mind pass myself kwa!? grin
Pls tell me, when did you start to make comments on this thread?

when did I start? Atleast 3 months ago or maybe 5 so I know what I am saying bro

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2016
Mickael2:

when did I start? Atleast 3 months ago or maybe 5 so I know what I am saying bro

grin Then you are very new here.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
The endgame to all this hustle is money! Money to feed, money to live the good life, money to send back home.

I can only imagine how many people are dependent on these guys here in Nigeria. These days, promises of a good contract from a club no sure again, who will buy them? African players? Not even the U17/U20, but U23? When will they see the contract and how long will they have to wait?

The only thing we can say is that they should try and put smiles on the faces of the people, but even the people are as ungrateful as the players. Will the people not throw insults at them? The same Nigerians that will question Kelechi's age or Musa's age before praising them? The same ones calling Mikel "slowbie".....is it those ones you want the players to play for?

Na only Delta Airlines fit beg those guys now. The rest of us should stand down

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by otokx(m): 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
enomakos:
Denmark again why

I remember the Danes humiliating 4 - 1 defeat of Nigeria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
I guess the boys showed up 1-0 naija.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
2-0 Aminu Umar
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Abeg someone tell Siasia make a sub.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Oasis007(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin

Oasis007 is back again!

But to celebrate the victory with every Fan of the Dream Team!

How I wish we have at least Kelechi Nwakali on the Bench, he would have perfectly replaced Azubuike in the Semi-Final!

2 Games to go!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thanks to the lads for Showing up. I hope this is the last of the tension and trials of this Olympics journey.

Nice win and okay performance.

Big props to Mikel for showing up on a big day.

Dream Team VI are in the Semi Final. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Big props go to Katsuyatakasu, the Japanese Billionaire for the reward motivation. That is a big one. $30,000 each for Gold.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
Azubuike is a big loss. I hope we can cope without him. The Germans give me chills when I think of them using computers to analyze weaknesses in teams. The Brazilian 7-1 thrashing in Brazil 2014 comes to mind.

I hope we scale through. That is the final before the final.

Congrats and the best to the Dream Team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Azubuike is a big loss. I hope we can cope without him. The Germans give me chills when I think of them using computers to analyze weaknesses in teams. The Brazilian 7-1 thrashing in Brazil 2014 comes to mind.

I hope we scale through. That is the final before the final.

Congrats and the best to the Dream Team.

I think this is the time for siasia to drag Mikel back to the blocking four and find someone who's capable for 10 position, I'm thinking of popoola but I don't knw maybe he's up to the task. The German's team is not tactical wiser but we get must technically get it right.

There's nothing special about the Germans, I watched their games against the Portuguese and they are no where better than us. Thank God our defence has improved.

I hope Etebo will be fit for the next, that forward need to be buttressed

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha...... Chaiiii... Dream Team indeed!

I am glad against all the odds we are in the semis for the third time in our Olympic soccer history...

Germany is up next but I ain't moved one bit. We will Miss Azubuike. He picked up a silly yellow. But march on without him we must, just like we did today without Etebo.

In his position, we have very very few options to explore.

Popoola is one but I don't think so. I will go with Shehu Abdullahi to step in for Azubuike. While Siasia tinkers with one of the defenders for the right back role... We can excel against Germany if Mikel brings his A-game like he did today and others like Troost Ekong, Imoh Ezekiel, Aminu Umar, Sincere Seth, Usman M, and Amuzie excel like they did today.

Amuzie was wonderful and is proving a better LB at Rio than Madu. Though Madu isn't used to Siasia's style fully...

Troost Ekong is proving to be a real rock in defence... What a talent he is... smiley

Shehu's drive, skills and work-rate is just awesome.

Congrats Dream Team VI... Let's roll on wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
lakesidepapa:

I think this is the time for siasia to drag Mikel back to the blocking four and find someone who's capable for 10 position, I'm thinking of popoola but I don't knw maybe he's up to the task. The German's team is not tactical wiser but we get must technically get it right.

There's nothing special about the Germans, I watched their games against the Portuguese and they are no where better than us. Thank God our defence has improved.

I hope Etebo will be fit for the next, that forward need to be buttressed

I have not watched the Germans. I will check them out. Glad to here they are not as menacing as the scores suggest. That software analysis..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
And hey! Another option is Having Etebo back... To play with Mikel and Usman... In midfield..

Usman falls back to join Mikel in CMF/DMF duties while Etebo roams in the AMF role.. (If he does make it before wednesday's semis)...

The attack of Aminu Umar, Sadiq Umar and Imoh Ezekiel can then continue to strive...

While Shehu (who is also a DMF) continues at Right back...

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by otokx(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
Congratulations everyone.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
When the news was going round that these guys would boycott their match, the first thought I had was, "How will Mikel sit back and allow these children ruin his final chance of getting an Olympic medal?"... Turns out that won't happen

Bros Mikel will personally pay everyone including Siasia from his own pocket if he has to, but he must complete his cabinet with an Olympic medal.

Adrainuche, I hope you're still watching Lord OBI-wan Kenobi, Okanma na ball, Slayer of Yaya Toure and Paul Pogba, Midfield General, the Enforcer, the originator of 'Big-Boy-No-Stain-Me' football, Chelsea and Nigerian Legend.

Never disrespect Mikel's talent on these streets cool

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
And hey! Another option is Having Etebo back... To play with Mikel and Usman... In midfield..

Usman falls back to join Mikel in CMF/DMF duties while Etebo roams in the AMF role.. (If he does make it before wednesday's semis)...

The attack of Aminu Umar, Sadiq Umar and Imoh Ezekiel can then continue to strive...

While Shehu (who is also a DMF) continues at Right back...

Works for me.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2016
Generally a little above performance by the the team. I hope they smoothen the rough edges especially in midfield.
First, I have to commend Emmauel Daniel, he made good saves all game. Its no surprise to me because I rate him very highly since I saw him play in 2012. His height and size in general is good physical specimen for a keeper. If only he can improve on his distribution and athletic ability, we will have a great keeper in our hands. He is better than Enyeama was at 23.

Shehu is an incredible right back. It looks like we have finally found a replacement for chidi Ordiah.

Troost and Sincere did a yo man's job. A ball playing centre half playing next to Troost will be marvellous. Looking forward, Ndidi could be that man.
A paring of Omeruo and Troost may not work so smoothly because they both love playing on the left side of the centre defence. I will let Rohr worry about that though.

Amuzie was solid.

Usman Mohammed lost the ball at dangerous areas in the first half. At times, he was left chasing after the Danes like a stray dog casing after a car when he lost possession. He virtually begged to be given a yellow card after 2 clumsy challenges within a 20 seconds of each other. He needs to do much better

Mikel was Mikel. Put up a solid display. Why he was given a yellow card, I wouldn't know.

Azubuike was solid in midfield.Bossed the Danes in the 2nd half. The yellow card he got was avoidable if only he played a simple pass but still, he gets top marks.

Imo Ezekiel gets top marks for me. The Brazilian fans certainly loved it when he was in possession. I loved the way he tracked back to our help his full back. He is an immense talent. Definitely a player that could make it in the top leagues. Judging from this display, I don't think Moses Simon has anything on this guy. Top top player.

Sadiq was like the chaos factor. The Danes didn't know how to deal with him as he put him huge frame everywhere. Moving forward, I would suggest he works on his foot work. Alot of the time he was a bit awkward on the ball obviously because of his height. He's still young, I believe he is learning how to fully utilise his physic but he has to learn fast because his long term career could be at risk to injuries. He simply needs to play smarter.

Finally, was Siasia's refusal to make changes till the 85' minute a form of protest on his part for monies owned him? Azubuike would not have been booked had the changes came earlier, I don't understand the logic in that decision.

6 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12am On Aug 14, 2016
I couldn't have said it better.... grin

Loolllll... Lord OBI-Wan Kenobi indeed!!! Elite Jedi Knight of Nigerian Football..... wink

It is definitely his presence that is keeping the team together. smiley

Mikel is a winner and knows what it means to win. He knows what winning majors does to one's football profile and career... So he is inspiring this team to think along this line of motivation coz like you said, he too COVETS An Olympic Medal most preferably An Olympic GOLD...

Mikel is already One of Africa's G.O.A.Ts and legends... #FactsAndTruth wink

safarigirl:
When the news was going round that these guys would boycott their match, the first thought I had was, "How will Mikel sit back and allow these children ruin his final chance of getting an Olympic medal?"... Turns out that won't happen

Bros Mikel will personally pay everyone including Siasia from his own pocket if he has to, but he must complete his cabinet with an Olympic medal.

Adrainuche, I hope you're still watching Lord OBI-wan Kenobi, Okanma na ball, Slayer of Yaya Toure and Paul Pogba, Midfield General, the Enforcer, the originator of 'Big-Boy-No-Stain-Me' football, Chelsea and Nigerian Legend.

Never disrespect Mikel's talent on these streets cool

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by DrinkWater10: 2:54am On Aug 14, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Place your evidence. What is the need having it and saying you have evidence?
Hello.
Is,Ndifreke Udoh the same Ndifreke Effiong who plays for Abia Warriors?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08am On Aug 14, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Hello.
Is,Ndifreke Udoh the same Ndifreke Effiong who plays for Abia Warriors?

It has to be the same person. ESPN squad list says Ndifreke Udo plays for Abia Warriors.

Why do you ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.