Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,984 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701204 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:20am On Nov 14, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir, I know where you're going with that..... Calling him a "kid" gives away "your intentions" already.

**when will all this stop?? Huh?**

Will the "kid" be singled out now?? Coz Oliseh is the one we need to assess not Nacho. Or yeah, you think a Sone Aluko would have "produced magic" without a Mikel behind him huh?

And uhm.... It's "fared" not "faired" **smiles**

Call it T-fare if you like. The "kid" needs more time to fit into d senior national team set-up. And yes, Sone Aluko would have made more difference.

The attacking midfield prowess was really lacking dat yesterday.We could nt attack directly from d centre. Ighalo was having a difficult time with the swam of defenders around him. We needed a skillful and imposing attacking midfielder to tear down dat resistance.

Oliseh is jst following up with his myopic policy of nt inviting lower league players. Else Aluko should be in dat team. We also need to see Michael Babatunde and Brown Ideye in dat position.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:53am On Nov 14, 2015
It's his first game, even his City debut didn't produce much so you can't judge him based on 15 or so minutes in his first game.

He will need more time before an honest assessment can be made

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:55am On Nov 14, 2015
Icon4s:

Call it T-fare if you like. The "kid" needs more time to fit into d senior national team set-up. And yes, Sone Aluko would have made more difference.

The attacking midfield prowess was really lacking dat yesterday.We could nt attack directly from d centre. Ighalo was having a difficult time with the swam of defenders around him. We needed a skillful and imposing attacking midfielder to tear down dat resistance.

Oliseh is jst following up with his myopic policy of nt inviting lower league players. Else Aluko should be in dat team. We also need to see Michael Babatunde and Brown Ideye in dat position.
Carl Ikeme plays in a lower league, doesn't he?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Please, Just grow out of that "disgust" you have for that "kid" because it's becoming ridiculous.

And pls, you could use "thank you". Not "call it T-fare if you like"

Happy weekend.........*smiles*

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2015
Icon4s:

So how d u think d kid faired in d game?

Not so great but he went away with some positives. He didn't prove he is a great player but he proved he can play at the level, his touch needs work and he should really focus on that or else it will become an obstacle. He showed great strength as he was the aggressor in most instances. Overall 6 out of 10.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Icon4s:

I was earnestly waiting to see him face an African opposition to see how ready he is for the national team. I wish Oliseh had given him more time. Ok, one game may jst nt b enough. Lets see him in d return leg.

Come on, Icon4s. Stop expecting Nacho to fail. He is beyond that. What do you mean by African opposition? The likes of Simon Moses, Victor Moses and Aluko have come from Europe to do well against African oppositions.

Just admit it, Iheanacho beat your expectation when he did very well against Crystal Palace and won the man of the match.

That is enough for you to accept and say the boy is good. Stop creating new yardsticks to prove your right.

Are you saying De Bruyne is not a good player until he does well against an African side?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2015
OSIMHEN, NWAKALI GET NIGERIA U23 INVITE

Four members of the Golden Eaglets who won the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup have been invited to the Dream Team VI ahead preparation for Senegal 2015

Nigeria U17’s Victor Osimhen, Kelechi Nwakali, John Lazarus and Udochukwu Anumudu have been called up by coach Samson Siasia to join the Nigeria U23 team ahead of preparations for the 2015 African U23 championship billed for Senegal.

The quartet played key role in the Golden Eaglet’s triumph in Chile where they lifted the Fifa U17 World Cup for a record fifth time after defeating Mali 2-0 in the final.

Having secured the consent of the Nigeria Football Federation, Siasia said their invitation is a reward for hard work and a proof that they can progress to the senior cadre.

"I have been monitoring the progress of these boys while the team was being built by my brother, Emmanuel Amuneke,” said Siasia.

“Don't forget we were in the same hotel and used the same pitch to train and I have been impressed with what I saw them do in Chile, so I think what I just did was rewarding them for a job well done.

"Their invitation is only to tell other players that they too can progress to the senior cadre if they are level headed and keep working on their game.

“For me age is not a factor; if they can give me what I want, then they will be part of my team to Senegal. But they must justify their invitation for no player in my team has automatic shirt,” he concluded.

The players will join the team in Gambia after staying with their families for a week.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2015/11/14/17317442/osimhen-nwakali-get-nigeria-u23-invite

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Four members of the Golden Eaglets who won the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup have been invited to the Dream Team VI ahead preparation for Senegal 2015

Nigeria U17’s Victor Osimhen, Kelechi Nwakali, John Lazarus and Udochukwu Anumudu have been called up by coach Samson Siasia to join the Nigeria U23 team ahead of preparations for the 2015 African U23 championship billed for Senegal.

The quartet played key role in the Golden Eaglet’s triumph in Chile where they lifted the Fifa U17 World Cup for a record fifth time after defeating Mali 2-0 in the final.

Having secured the consent of the Nigeria Football Federation, Siasia said their invitation is a reward for hard work and a proof that they can progress to the senior cadre.

"I have been monitoring the progress of these boys while the team was being built by my brother, Emmanuel Amuneke,” said Siasia.

“Don't forget we were in the same hotel and used the same pitch to train and I have been impressed with what I saw them do in Chile, so I think what I just did was rewarding them for a job well done.

"Their invitation is only to tell other players that they too can progress to the senior cadre if they are level headed and keep working on their game.

“For me age is not a factor; if they can give me what I want, then they will be part of my team to Senegal. But they must justify their invitation for no player in my team has automatic shirt,” he concluded.

The players will join the team in Gambia after staying with their families for a week.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2015/11/14/17317442/osimhen-nwakali-get-nigeria-u23-invite

I was about to ask why not give more a call up and screen them with close study. However, Coach Siasia's statement of staying at the hotel with them and using the same training pitch shows that he has a good insight into the team. I wish the invitees good luck.

Brilliant work from Coach Siasia.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Not so great but he went away with some positives. He didn't prove he is a great player but he proved he can play at the level, his touch needs work and he should really focus on that or else it will become an obstacle. He showed great strength as he was the aggressor in most instances. Overall 6 out of 10.

See who I asked the question.

I know u Bascovanveli as one that analyses without sentiments and with objectivity. U jst hit d nail on d head.I agree with ur analysis.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
Abeg Siasia Thank you joor..... *smiles*

A coach with guts. Even if they don't make the final squad, you've made a strong statement with this.

Thanks for NOT exhibiting "HE'S NOT THERE YET" Mentality.

If you're good enough then you're old enough. All this "kid" talk is just damn irritating.

*smiles*

adeyemi2015:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
I'm keeping my eyes on lazarus, it'd be nice seeing him compete with mohammed.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Abeg Siasia Thank you joor..... *smiles*

A coach with guts. Even if they don't make the final squad, you've made a strong statement with this.

Thanks for NOT exhibiting "HE'S NOT THERE YET" Mentality.

If you're good enough then you're old enough. All this "kid" talk is just damn irritating.

*smiles*

Na me u dey yab abi? grin

Wait for me.

Iheanacho is there already.
He is a matured man.

Happy now?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obagoal is far from finished and should be played up front with Iheanacho, it would be like him having a more mobile Bony.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team VI escape plane crash, stranded in Accra
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/3e/65/nigeria-u23-dream-team-vi_1shoob3hn8dh6107bn3z069pkb.jpg?t=-1218239121&w=620&h=430[/img]
By Shemmy Sholabomi
The country’s Olympic team cheated death on their way to Gambia for final preparation ahead African U23 Championship
Nigeria U23 team escaped plane crash on their way to Gambia on Sunday morning towards perfecting strategies for the African U23 Championship billed for Senegal.

The Dream Team VI opted for the west African country after their trip to Morocco was cancelled owing to visa issues.

Goal gathered through one of the Nigeria U23 officials as at the time of writing this report that the pilot of the Arik Airline made an emergency landing in Accra, Ghana due to unexpected technical difficulties to the aircraft and has since been left stranded in the Ghana capital.

"Thank God for his goodness and his mercies we escaped plane crash on our way to Gambia, the pilot had to make an emergency landing in Accra we are still in Accra," a senior official of the team told Goal after the incident.

"We are still stranded here and we are yet to get any news from Arik officials.”
The team is likely to depart Accra on Sunday evening after the Nigeria Football Federation might have arranged new travel plans.
[/b]

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2015/11/15/17346902/breaking-news-dream-team-vi-escape-plane-crash-stranded-in

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/3e/65/nigeria-u23-dream-team-vi_1shoob3hn8dh6107bn3z069pkb.jpg?t=-1218239121&w=620&h=430[/img]
By Shemmy Sholabomi
The country’s Olympic team cheated death on their way to Gambia for final preparation ahead African U23 Championship
Nigeria U23 team escaped plane crash on their way to Gambia on Sunday morning towards perfecting strategies for the African U23 Championship billed for Senegal.

The Dream Team VI opted for the west African country after their trip to Morocco was cancelled owing to visa issues.

Goal gathered through one of the Nigeria U23 officials as at the time of writing this report that the pilot of the Arik Airline made an emergency landing in Accra, Ghana due to unexpected technical difficulties to the aircraft and has since been left stranded in the Ghana capital.

"Thank God for his goodness and his mercies we escaped plane crash on our way to Gambia, the pilot had to make an emergency landing in Accra we are still in Accra," a senior official of the team told Goal after the incident.

"We are still stranded here and we are yet to get any news from Arik officials.”
The team is likely to depart Accra on Sunday evening after the Nigeria Football Federation might have arranged new travel plans.
[/b]

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2015/11/15/17346902/breaking-news-dream-team-vi-escape-plane-crash-stranded-in

Thank God, for his Protection. May God Keep us all safe.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Thank God, for his Protection. May God Keep us all safe.

[size=14pt]
Amen
[/size]
Amen

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
By Shemmy Sholabomi

[/b]

See o! shocked

No weapon fashioned against this team shall prosper.

We will safely land in Gambia, then travel to Senagal to win d Olympic ticket in Jesus name. Amen.

Plane crash no be good thing o. The only time I can close to it I experienced nightmates for weeks.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Amen......... *smiles*
I'm so glad they're okay. Saw this earlier today.
terzurum5:

[size=14pt] Amen [/size] Amen

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

See o! shocked

No weapon fashioned against this team shall prosper.

We will safely land in Gambia, then travel to Senagal to win d Olympic ticket in Jesus name. Amen.

Plane crash no be good thing o. The only time I can close to it I experienced nightmates for weeks.

For sure, God had already appeared at the scene of the incidence before wicked one. The wicked will always arrive late after the Lord had pronounced victory on his people.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2015

Modified
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
By Shemmy Sholabomi

[/b]

thank God

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles Land In Gambia After Accra Scare, Osimhen Joins Team
[/size]
—Siasia Drops Sokari, Etor, Anaezemba

The Nigerian U-23 Eagles delegation has arrived in The Gambia for a 10-day training programme ahead of the second Africa U-23 Cup of Nations taking place in Senegal.

Thenff.com learnt that the Arik Air aircraft conveying the team from Lagos lost a tyre on landing at the Kotoka International Airport, Accra. The airplane that was on the ground in Accra was then deployed for the purpose of flying the team to The Gambia, but that also lost an engine on take-off and the pilot had to make a quick return.

However, Arik provided another aircraft that flew the delegation to The Gambia through Dakar.
Before departing the shores of the country on Sunday morning, NFF 2nd Vice President/LMC chairman, Shehu Dikko, charged the players and their officials to do the nationl proud at the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, where Africa’s flagbearers to the men’s football tournament of next year’s Olympics will emerge.

Pledging that the NFF would ensure a comfortable stay for the team in The Gambia and the championship in Senegal, Dikko charged the team to put Nigeria first and ensure qualification for the Olympics taking place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ext year summer.

Meanwhile Samson Siasia has dropped Kingsley Sokari, Nzube Anaezemba and Daniel Etor for what he termed indiscipline.

Siasia said the players were sent packing after they requested to leave the camp to go for their club’s (Enyimba) last NPFL game of the season against Sunshine Stars in Lagos, even after he (Siasia) had told all the players they could not leave camp.

“I feel bad in taking this decision, but discipline must be maintained for us to achieve success in Senegal. All players in camp were told not to leave camp as the team would be traveling this weekend to The Gambia for pre-Championship training, only for these three players to come and ask to be allowed to go play for their club as they wanted to be part of the victory parade. I had no option but to allow them leave and also in the process, leave them out of the team,” Siasia told the NFF website.

Siasia then wished them well in their pursuit of club glory, while urging them to wish the national team well.

FIFA U-17 World Cup record goalscorer, Victor Osihmen, who was invited alongside three of his victorious teammates, joined up with the U-23 team to The Gambia.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-eagles-land-in-gambia-after-accra-scare-osimhen-joins-team/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
This development is very uncalled for. I believe the Club must have been on these players' neck to make such demands.

This is not good for these players career at all. The Olympics present another platform for players to showcase their talents and become more marketable, which could also be for the Clubs' and players' benefit.

This is another evidence that NFPL Clubs are out to sabotage Coach Samson Siasia's ambition of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics simple.
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2015 Sunshine Stars
Siasia Drops Enyimba Stars for Indiscipline
[/size]

Enyimba forward Etor Daniel dropped

Nigeria U23 team coach Samson Siasia has wielded th‎e big stick by dropping Kingsley Sokari, Nzube Anaezemba and Daniel Etor for what he termed indiscipline.

The Netherlands 2005 FIFA U20 silver-winning coach said the players were sent packing after they requested to leave the camp to go for their club’s (Enyimba) last NPFL game of the season against Sunshine Stars in Lagos, even after he (Siasia) had told all the players they could not leave camp.

"I feel bad in taking this decision, but discipline must be maintained for us to achieve success in Senegal,” he said.

“All players in camp were told not to leave camp as the team would be traveling this weekend to The Gambia for pre –Championship training, only for these three players to come and ask to be allowed to go play for their club as they wanted to be part of the victory parade. I had no option but to allow them leave and also in the process, leave them out of the team."
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/585400/Siasia-drops-Enyimba-stars-for-indiscipline

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2015

what is it with this Ghana self?
When our U20 team got their to play friendlies, their car had an accident and now our U23 team.

Why do the evil spirits there hate us this much?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
terzurum5:
This development is very uncalled for. I believe the Club must have been on these players' neck to make such demands.

This is not good for these players career at all. The Olympics present another platform for players to showcase their talents and become more marketable, which could also be for the Clubs' and players' benefit.

This is another evidence that NFPL Clubs are out to sabotage Coach Samson Siasia's ambition of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics simple.
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Nigeria U23 team coach Samson Siasia has wielded th‎e big stick by dropping Kingsley Sokari, Nzube Anaezemba and Daniel Etor for what he termed indiscipline.

The Netherlands 2005 FIFA U20 silver-winning coach said the players were sent packing after they requested to leave the camp to go for their club’s (Enyimba) last NPFL game of the season against Sunshine Stars in Lagos, even after he (Siasia) had told all the players they could not leave camp.

"I feel bad in taking this decision, but discipline must be maintained for us to achieve success in Senegal,” he said.

“All players in camp were told not to leave camp as the team would be traveling this weekend to The Gambia for pre –Championship training, only for these three players to come and ask to be allowed to go play for their club as they wanted to be part of the victory parade. I had no option but to allow them leave and also in the process, leave them out of the team."
[/b]

That was a harsh decision from Siasia. I was surprised to see Kingsley Sokari on Enyimba's substitute list today. After all it is nt as if they are goin for d tournament proper yet. It is a 10days training programme. Daniel Etor and Kingsley Sokari are strong members of that U23 team, Siasia should have given d trio till Tuesday to join d team.I hope he will nt regret this decision. Nigeria really needs to b in Rio.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
What Siasia did is uncalled for. These players have worked and toiled hard for this trophy; a trophy that was through a Marathon of matches. It's unfair to deny them at that hour of victory. He should have made an arrangement to get them there. It would have been a morale booster for the new Champions in the squad.

Something about Nigerian coaches and their inability to man manage players. From Keshi to Manu to Oliseh to Siasia. Badluck group of coaches. sad

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by edi287: 3:34am On Nov 16, 2015
joseph1013:
What Siasia did is uncalled for. These players have worked and toiled hard for this trophy; a trophy that was through a Marathon of matches. It's unfair to deny them at that hour of victory. He should have made an arrangement to get them there. It would have been a morale booster for the new Champions in the squad.

Something about Nigerian coaches and their inability to man manage players. From Keshi to Manu to Oliseh to Siasia. Badluck group of coaches. sad
Agreed. This is the biggest problem with our Nigerian coaches especially the ones from the class of 94. You'd expect them to know better, but the reverse seems to be the case.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by leookagbare: 3:41am On Nov 16, 2015
I don't know how and when i started loving you. But i know you are the only person i always dream and care about. I don't even have a second to live without thinking about you. My tongue just get hard when i see you, i can't even express what i always want to tell you. But i just wanna tell to you through this sms I Love You.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2015
leookagbare:
I don't know how and when i started loving you. But i know you are the only person i always dream and care about. I don't even have a second to live without thinking about you. My tongue just get hard when i see you, i can't even express what i always want to tell you. But i just wanna tell to you through this sms I Love You.
wrong section.

Meanwhile, I agree, what Siasia did was uncalled for, a day or two away from camp wouldn't have made much of a difference. Nigerian coaches are quick to accuse players of indiscipline, but even their decisions speak poorly of them in that category. They worked the entire season for that victory and shouldn't be denied the chance to celebrate it......sha sha pesin wey go great, go great, U23 or not.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2015
terzurum5:

[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]

They should have sacked this guy a minute ago he makes no sense. Obviously if they are asking to go their club must be expecting them. Siasia has no respect for the Nigerian league, always complaining that they don't drop everything they are doing and send him their players even when they have tough matches. If I'm not mistaking this was Sokari's first ever trophy a big moment for the young lad and for Siasia to sour it like this makes me sick.
Anyhoo congrats to Enyimba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

They should have sacked this guy a minute ago he makes no sense. Obviously if they are asking to go their club must be expecting them. Siasia has no respect for the Nigerian league, always complaining that they don't drop everything they are doing and send him their players even when they have tough matches. If I'm not mistaking this was Sokari's first ever trophy a big moment for the young lad and for Siasia to sour it like this makes me sick.
Anyhoo congrats to Enyimba.
na so......he begs foreign based players and clubs, but makes demands when the local league is involved

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.