Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699833 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2015
Icon4s:

That was a harsh decision from Siasia. I was surprised to see Kingsley Sokari on Enyimba's substitute list today. After all it is nt as if they are goin for d tournament proper yet. It is a 10days training programme. Daniel Etor and Kingsley Sokari are strong members of that U23 team, Siasia should have given d trio till Tuesday to join d team.I hope he will nt regret this decision. Nigeria really needs to b in Rio.

you are so on point

he seem to be acting to tough

sometimes you need to balance the odd if its an Europian club he cant do this
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2015
safarigirl:
na so......he begs foreign based players and clubs, but makes demands when the local league is involved
You are so correct, the NFF shouldn't beg him they should force him to bring those boys back, what he did was an insult to Nigeria as a whole, he basically said our league trophy ain't sheet. For an Enyimba player to be treated like this is embarrassing, this is the biggest and most successful club in our history. Their fans drove all the way to Lagos, why not let them see and thank their favorite players one last time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by klarrychenko94: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nigerian coaches and their stupid plus immature decisions. What is the big deal in releasing these guys for just 2 to 3 days, to play their last league match and celebrate the league victory with their teammates. For God sake they just won the league is it not right to realease them and let the recieve the league victory medal. It is even a morale booster for the players.

And where is the indiscipline in this? They came to you for permission which you granted them then went behind them to make the stupid announcement of their eviction.

Please someone should tell me why he didn't turn down their request to be with their club?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
Why he didn't?? I'll tell you what I think. Siasia is a "COWARD" and "a Subtle Snake-like character".

Yeah, I like Siasia BUT I'm that pissed at him. That was "downright childish".

Nigerian coaches are so touchy. So so touchy..... Haba!!!!! One moment they're doing the right thing BUT the next moment they act "like idiots".

This is too much. First, it was Keshi with his "crazy" selection policy even though he remains the best indigenous coach to have handled the Super Eagles.... So far. He spoilt a good record by turning the national team into "an avenue for helping mediocre players get clubs abroad".

Secondly, it was Manu Garba's "silly ego" and Ugbade's "crazily flawed justifications of all that happened" at NZ 2015 (I'm glad Manu is back sha. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson).

Then came Oliseh with his poor man-management skills. Even though he's tactically good and can be better but mehn!!! "That tactical blunder against the Swazis na real shocker!!!!"

Recently he had a spat with Rabiu Ibrahim because the latter "hid injury" which was why he didn't perform against the Swazis thus spoiling Oliseh's tactics. But I ask, there's a team doctor there... Don't they conduct physical assessment of these players?? Na wa o!!!

Tactical guruism or technical prowess is one thing but "man-management (i.e player management) is another".

Now again It's Samson Siasia. **smh**

This is getting really worrisome.

I pray Amuneke do not complete this cycle.

Happy new week Y'all..........*smiles*

klarrychenko94:
Nigerian coaches and their stupid plus immature decisions. What is the big deal in releasing these guys for just 2 to 3 days, to play their last league match and celebrate the league victory with their teammates. For God sake they just won the league is it not right to realease them and let the recieve the league victory medal. It is even a morale booster for the players.

And where is the indiscipline in this? They came to you for permission which you granted them then went behind them to make the stupid announcement of their eviction.

Please someone should tell me why he didn't turn down their request to be with their club?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
in as much as siasia is my best indigenous coach I must say he acts like an amateur is he jealous of the boys trophy or what? always trying to act tough isn't cool jhur.
if manu garbage like he should fool himself again
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria England
Akpom scores, Iorfa stars in England U21s win
[/size]

Iorfa (right)

England U21s defeated their Swiss counterparts 3-1 with Nigerian-born star Chuba Akpom getting on the scoreboard and compatriot Dominic Iorfa on for the entire duration.

Another Nigerian-born ace Dominic Solanke led the England strike force for 89 minutes.

Switzerland led after 45 minutes, before England produced a late rally to win.

Arsenal loanee Akpom came off the bench in the 58thminute to score England’s third goal on the stroke of full time in this European U21 Championship qualifier.

He blasted home a right-footed shot from the centre of the box.
Wolves defender Iorfa was on from start to finish.

FC Basel ace Manuel Akanji, whose father is Nigerian, featured for Switzerland.

England top Group 9 with 10 points from four matches

africanfootball.com/news/585620/Akpom-scores-Iorfa-stars-in-England-U21s-win

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria (U20)
Musa Mohammed dazzles in Besiktas friendly
[/size]

Musa Mohammed in action in Turkey

Nigeria's Flying Eagles skipper Musa Mohammed was the man of the match for his Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir in a friendly against Besiktas, the club he came close to signing for last year.

Sunday’s match ended in a 1-1 draw with Musa playing the entire 90 minutes and even getting Portugal star Ricardo Quaresma to ask from where the right fullback is from.

A source further informed: “Musa played with so much emotions against the background that Besiktas priced him so cheap when he came to train with them last year.

“This performance has also enhanced his chances of soon breaking into the first team of his club.”

Musa’s Istanbul Basaksehir are now fourth on the Turkish Super League table with 19 points from 11 matches, just five points behind leaders Fenerbache.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/585609/Musa-Mohammed-dazzles-in-Besiktas-friendly

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF South Africa 2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers
U-23 AFCON just 12 days away
[/size]

South Africa U-23's Keagan Dolly

The 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations – which will serve as the continent’s qualifiers for the 2016 Olympic Games – kicks off in 12 days’ time in host nation Senegal.

The tournament, previously known as the CAF U-23 Championship, will begin on November 28 and run until December 12.

It features eight teams divided into two groups of four which will play in a round-robin format. The top two teams from each group will progress into the semifinals, which will be followed by a third-place playoff and the championship final.

The top three teams at the tournament will qualify for next year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro as Africa’s representatives.

Gabon are the reigning champions, having beaten hosts Morocco 2-1 in the 2011 final.

Egypt finished third after beating Senegal 2-0 in the playoff.
This year’s field features the following eight teams: Senegal, South Africa, Zambia, Tunisia (Group A), Egypt, Algeria, Mali and Nigeria (Group B).

The opening match on November 28 sees hosts Senegal face South Africa at the Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor in Dakar. The final will be played at the same venue on December 12.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/585590/U-23-AFCON-just-12-days-away
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Nigeria U23
Siasia begs kidnappers to free his mother
[/size]

Siasia - Confused after his mother is kidnapped

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has begged those who kidnapped his mother to free her to allow him focus on winning a ticket to next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Madam Ogere Siasia, 72, was, according to coach Siasia, abducted in the village of Odoni, Bayelsa State, by three men on motorbike.

She was the only one at home in his village taking care of his father, who is visually impaired.

Former Nigeria coach Siasia said: "Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents’ house in my village Odoni in Bayelsa State, shot sporadically into the air before taking my old mother away on a bike.

“What do they expect from me? I don't have money, I am right now on national duty, and need all the time to concentrate on this very important national task, so I beg them to please release my mother so that I can concentrate on this task of qualifying the U23 national team for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympics."

Siasia confirmed that the incident has been reported to the police in Bayelsa State in the Niger Delta, where kidnapping for a ransom is common place.

The Nigeria Football Federation has also appealed passionately to kidnappers to release the old woman.

On learning of the unfortunate incident on Tuesday morning, NFF President Amaju Pinnick was downcast.

“This is quite disturbing. We are just preparing for a crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, and the U23 boys are already in The Gambia for a pre-Cup of Nations training camp. Why this?,” Pinnick asked.

“All we can do is to appeal to the kidnappers to free Samson Siasia’s aged mother. Samson is on a critical national assignment presently and the last he needs is this kind of distraction.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/585726/Siasia-begs-kidnappers-to-free-his-mother
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia begs kidnappers to free his mother
[/size]

Siasia - Confused after his mother is kidnapped

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has begged those who kidnapped his mother to free her to allow him focus on winning a ticket to next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Madam Ogere Siasia, 72, was, according to coach Siasia, abducted in the village of Odoni, Bayelsa State, by three men on motorbike.

She was the only one at home in his village taking care of his father, who is visually impaired.

Former Nigeria coach Siasia said: "Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents’ house in my village Odoni in Bayelsa State, shot sporadically into the air before taking my old mother away on a bike.

“What do they expect from me? I don't have money, I am right now on national duty, and need all the time to concentrate on this very important national task, so I beg them to please release my mother so that I can concentrate on this task of qualifying the U23 national team for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympics."

Siasia confirmed that the incident has been reported to the police in Bayelsa State in the Niger Delta, where kidnapping for a ransom is common place.

The Nigeria Football Federation has also appealed passionately to kidnappers to release the old woman.

On learning of the unfortunate incident on Tuesday morning, NFF President Amaju Pinnick was downcast.

“This is quite disturbing. We are just preparing for a crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, and the U23 boys are already in The Gambia for a pre-Cup of Nations training camp. Why this?,” Pinnick asked.

“All we can do is to appeal to the kidnappers to free Samson Siasia’s aged mother. Samson is on a critical national assignment presently and the last he needs is this kind of distraction.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/585726/Siasia-begs-kidnappers-to-free-his-mother

You can imagine the stupidity. This man has not received salary for about four months. He is managing and trying to make something for the country. Yet, Haters are still trying to pull him down.

Do not go and learn hand work, continue the Pull Him Down attitude. Release the hero's mother now and go and look for you own. Wicked and lazy kidnappers.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You can imagine the stupidity. This man has not received salary for about four months. He is managing and trying to make something for the country. Yet, Haters are still trying to pull him down.

Do not go and learn hand work, continue the Pull Him Down attitude. Release the hero's mother now and go and look for you own. Wicked and lazy kidnappers.

The same thoughts that ran through my heart, when I got the new.

Why! why!! why!!! why!!!!

These Kidnappers shall know no peace

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
I hate this kind of news. I just hate it. It's obvious now that some people just wanna frustrate and distract Siasia.

Haba!!!! A 72-yr old woman for that matter. This is sad.

I was hitting Siasia for his harsh decision with Sokari, Etor and Anaezemba. But now someone or some people just wanna frustrate his plans and divert his attention.

Honestly, I hope Siasia do not fail in Senegal so as to shame his "enemies" and "bad ass detractors".

I pray nothing evil befalls that old lady. The heart of man....... **smh**

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

lol. Una sure say no be Enyimba fans kidnap the guy mumsy as e comot their players from U23 squad?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hmmm....... Funny but..... You got a point you know.

Well, I sure hope not.

*smiles*

safarigirl:
lol. Una sure say no be Enyimba fans kidnap the guy mumsy as e comot their players from U23 squad?

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 2:32am On Nov 19, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

They should have sacked this guy a minute ago he makes no sense. Obviously if they are asking to go their club must be expecting them. Siasia has no respect for the Nigerian league, always complaining that they don't drop everything they are doing and send him their players even when they have tough matches. If I'm not mistaking this was Sokari's first ever trophy a big moment for the young lad and for Siasia to sour it like this makes me sick.
Anyhoo congrats to Enyimba.
Sokari Kingsley has also won back to back FA CUPs and one Super Cup with Enyimba.
Siasia did the same with Nxdifreke but now he is back in the team.
Sokari and Etor have been very pivotal to the teams success thus far and it would be really sad to see them excluded from the final squad to Senegal.
There z been no mention of 'The kid', Iheanacho so far. It would be nice to see him in Rio next year.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Chai some nigerians are wicked

kindly release the poor man mother

were did you people want him to get the money from?someone who hads not been paid for months?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:05am On Nov 20, 2015
enomakos:
Chai some nigerians are wicked

kindly release the poor man mother

were did you people want him to get the money from?someone who hads not been paid for months?

Wickedness in high places

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:14am On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Awoniyi, Success lead foreign pros for Rio Olympics qualifiers
[/size]

Taiwo Awoniyi to join Nigeria for Rio qualifiers in Senegal

Nigeria have named Germany-based striker Taiwo Awoniyi and Isaac Success from La Liga side Granada in a final squad for the 2015 African U23 Nations Cup in Senegal, which will serve as qualifiers for next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Awoniyi is one of several foreign-based professionals picked for the tournament, which kicks off on November 28 in Dakar.

The 18-year-old striker is on loan to FSV Frankfurt in the German second division from EPL club Liverpool.

The other overseas-based strikers are Isaac Success of La Liga side Granada and Junior Ajayi, who has been flying high at new Tunisian side CS Sfaxien.

Nigeria begin their campaign on November 29 against Mali in Mbour.

Egypt and Algeria are the other teams in their first round group.
The top three teams in this tournament will qualify automatically for next year’s Olympics in Rio.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/586403/Awoniyi-Success-lead-foreign-pros-for-Rio-Olympics-qualifiers

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:19am On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF South Africa 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations South Africa U23
ODG names his U23 Squad
[/size]

Molefi Ntseki with Owen Da Gama

South African national U23 coach Owen Da Gama has announced his squad for the 2015 CAF Africa Cup of Nations tournament.

ODG announced his side on Thursday, November 19 at SAFA House as he has began his preparations for the junior showpiece scheduled for November 28 until December 12 in Senegal.

In an aim to allow the U23’s to do well in Dakar, the Premier Soccer League has since suspended local games during the two-week showpiece, also giving the coach an opportunity to choose the best of his team.

“I’d like to thank Bafana coach, (Ephraim) Mashaba for his presence, it means a lot, it’s been a fantastic journey since our games in March against Palestine,” said ODG.

“It’s a four year programme with a new management, coaches and it was challenging and in saying that we had to win the games.

“We started with lot of players, 60 from SAB, Motsepe League and PSL as it was difficult to get overseas-based players.”

SQAUD
Goalkeepers: Jody February, Ricardo Goss, Kyle Peters

Defenders: Tsepo Rikhotso, Kwanda Mngonyama, Rivaldo Coetzee, Zitha Macheke, Denwin Farmer, Tebogo Moerane

Midfielders: Abbubaker Mobara, Motupa, Menzi Masuku, Keagan Dolly, Phumlani Ntshangase, Paseka Mako, Deolin Mekoa, Riyaad Norodien

Strikers: Siphelele Ntshangase, Sibusiso Sibeko, Dumisani Zuma, Phakamani Mahlambi
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/586293/ODG-names-his-U23-Squad
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:24am On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF South Africa 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations South Africa U23
Mashaba challenges SA U-23s
[/size]
by Graeme Jackson
South Africa senior national team coach Shakes Mashaba has challenged the U-23 side to win the upcoming CAF Africa U-23 Cup of Nations.

U-23 coach Owen Da Gama will today name his squad for the tournament in Senegal which serves as the qualifiers for the 2016 Olympic Games.

The tournament will be played from November 28 to December 12, with the top three teams qualifying for next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

"We qualified for the Olympics in 2000 and then we went in to obscurity," Mashaba is quoted on KickOff.

"So now again we are resurfacing and with coach Owen the U-23s must go and win the top eight in Senegal and we will be in the Olympics.

"We have to make sure we progress beyond the other teams.
"You must remember, this U-23 side, some of them might be playing in the [World Cup and AFCON] qualifiers that are coming."

South Africa have been draw alongside hosts Senegal, Zambia and Tunisia in Group A. Group B consists of Egypt, Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/586279/Mashaba-challenges-SA-U-23s
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Nigeria have named Germany-based striker Taiwo Awoniyi and Isaac Success from La Liga side Granada in a final squad for the 2015 African U23 Nations Cup in Senegal, which will serve as qualifiers for next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Awoniyi is one of several foreign-based professionals picked for the tournament, which kicks off on November 28 in Dakar.

The 18-year-old striker is on loan to FSV Frankfurt in the German second division from EPL club Liverpool.

The other overseas-based strikers are Isaac Success of La Liga side Granada and Junior Ajayi, who has been flying high at new Tunisian side CS Sfaxien.

The top three teams in this tournament will qualify automatically for next year’s Olympics in Rio.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/586403/Awoniyi-Success-lead-foreign-pros-for-Rio-Olympics-qualifiers

Well, a good well one. We expect to see more foreign pros. Plus Siasia should call back Kingsley Sokari and Daniel Etor as d NPFL is over now . We cant bank on d foreign players cos their clubs may nt release them, espacially Isaac Success.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:18am On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles’ Junior Ajayi Sure Of Rio Olympics Ticket
[/size]

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:
FC Sfaxien of Tunisia striker Junior Ajayi has expressed optimism that the Nigerian Under-23 team will qualify for the Rio Olympic games in Brazil next year.

The former Shooting Stars FC of Ibadan star who is expected to join the team's camp in Gambia next Thursday said he is in good form and ready for the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal later this month.

Ajayi told Complete Sports in a chat that his optimism that the U-23 Eagles will will pick one of the Olympic tickets stemmed from the quality of players in the squad, adding that they would shed blood to qualify.

"I will hopefully join the team by next week having agreed with my club officials to be available for the competition in Senegal. We are going to Senegal not only to book our tIcket for the Olympics but to go there as African champions," Ajayi, who has scored four goals for Sfaxien, told Complete Sports.

"We have what it takes to win in Senegal and that is what we intend to do when we get there."

Ajayi who was in the Nigerian team that won bronze at the All Africa Games in Congo said Congo was disappointing but assured that the team make up for it in Senegal.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-eagles-junior-ajayi-rio-olympics-ticket/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]

If they can get Isaac Success it would be a miracle.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

You are so correct, the NFF shouldn't beg him they should force him to bring those boys back, what he did was an insult to Nigeria as a whole, he basically said our league trophy ain't sheet. For an Enyimba player to be treated like this is embarrassing, this is the biggest and most successful club in our history. Their fans drove all the way to Lagos, why not let them see and thank their favorite players one last time.
[b]
Every body is now condeming Coach Samson Siasia as if he never warned the players. Truth must always be told without recourse to sentiments.
Siasia had told them earlier that no one was to leave camp.
Is this kind of instruction too much for them to obey?

Why didn't their Club Coaches complain to Coach Siasia that they needed their players for league games? Many of you are ignoring the fact that, these Coaches had already held the U-23 technical crew hostage over the early release of players who were invited to camp. Them Coach Samson Siasia had to cry out loud, which resulted to some hitches between him and his employers.

When these Clubsides held to most of the invited players, NFF and all the other football stakeholders including those on sports section of NL never saw anything harmful about it. But when the Coach voiced out through the media, the NFF fought back by threatening his job. Some Media Houses even reported the names of some local Coaches who where already lined out by the NFF to replace Coach Siasia. Therefore, for these players to even have had the courage and boldness to look into their Coaches' eyes to make such request was a slap on the faces of the technical crew led by Coach Samson Siasia. If these Clubsides wanted these players' release for their league games, they should have pleaded with the Siasia and not pass through their players.

If I may ask, can these players do same to Coach Sunday Oliseh? For I see nothing completely wrong with Siasia's decision. Hence, the players decided to leave for their leagues games, after a warning was already given to them, it means they never accorded the same respect and seriousness with which the technical crew had, so they are free to go.

If the team fail to achieve the set targets before them because of this singular decision, so be it.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

If they can get Isaac Success it would be a miracle.

I just pray the miracle happens. It will be a plus to our attacking options.
Why is Aminu Umar (Osmanispor FC, Turkey) and Amuzie Stanley (Sampdoria FC, Italy) not on the list of the U-23 foreign pros for the U-23 AFCON which doubles as 2016 Olympics qualifiers, have they not recovered from their injuries?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
Icon4s:

Well, a good well one. We expect to see more foreign pros. Plus Siasia should call back Kingsley Sokari and Daniel Etor as d NPFL is over now . We cant bank on d foreign players cos their clubs may nt release them, espacially Isaac Success.

I thinks its high time players learn to respect their national team Coaches. If your Club is on your neck, there is a better and diplomatic was of handling it, than what Kingsley Sokari and co did.

The players have been asked to go. Their colleagues who are in camp preparing can as well do the job. No single player is bigger than the team. If those who are in camp took their Coaches warning with all seriousness, fail to do the job, let it be on record that we failed to qualify for Olympics because we held onto discipline.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

I thinks its high time players learn to respect their national team Coaches. If your Club is on your neck, there is a better and diplomatic was of handling it, than what Kingsley Sokari and co did.

The players have been asked to go. Their colleagues who are in camp preparing can as well do the job. No single player is bigger than the team. If those who are in camp took their Coaches warning with all seriousness, fail to do the job, let it be on record that we failed to qualify for Olympics because we held onto discipline.

This can be likened to cutting off of the face just to deal with a running nose. Peeps following this U23 Team know that Sokari and Etor have a lot to offer this team. Infact, they are the engine room of that midfield. It is true that no play is indispensable but our local coaches should know how to manage situations like this. Ok what of Chima Akas that was with Super Eagles and played against Swaziland is Siasia also excluding him from his U23 Team bc he was in the Super Eagles camp? Siasia should simply have reached an understanding with Enyimba for Sokari and Etor to join up with the Team 2 or 3 days later.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

I just pray the miracle happens. It will be a plus to our attacking options.
Why is Aminu Umar (Osmanispor FC, Turkey) and Amuzie Stanley (Sampdoria FC, Italy) not on the list of the U-23 foreign pros for the U-23 AFCON which doubles as 2016 Olympics qualifiers, have they not recovered from their injuries?

Injuries.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

[b]
Every body is now condeming Coach Samson Siasia as if he never warned the players. Truth must always be told without recourse to sentiments.
Siasia had told them earlier that no one was to leave camp.
Is this kind of instruction too much for them to obey?

Why didn't their Club Coaches complain to Coach Siasia that they needed their players for league games? Many of you are ignoring the fact that, these Coaches had already held the U-23 technical crew hostage over the early release of players who were invited to camp. Them Coach Samson Siasia had to cry out loud, which resulted to some hitches between him and his employers.

When these Clubsides held to most of the invited players, NFF and all the other football stakeholders including those on sports section of NL never saw anything harmful about it. But when the Coach voiced out through the media, the NFF fought back by threatening his job. Some Media Houses even reported the names of some local Coaches who where already lined out by the NFF to replace Coach Siasia. Therefore, for these players to even have had the courage and boldness to look into their Coaches' eyes to make such request was a slap on the faces of the technical crew led by Coach Samson Siasia. If these Clubsides wanted these players' release for their league games, they should have pleaded with the Siasia and not pass through their players.

If I may ask, can these players do same to Coach Sunday Oliseh? For I see nothing completely wrong with Siasia's decision. Hence, the players decided to leave for their leagues games, after a warning was already given to them, it means they never accorded the same respect and seriousness with which the technical crew had, so they are free to go.

If the team fail to achieve the set targets before them because of this singular decision, so be it.
[/b]

Siasia was wrong point blank, we should be proud that our league title means so much to our players. These are not youth team players these are important members of the squad and to stop them was wrong. We lose all the time because Nigerians don't care about the little things, like what is better than a happy player?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.