Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools (52441 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Ephemmm: 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Octaves:
Terrorist alert! The kind of mindset that lead people to isis

Muslims are their own problems. If U doubt it, go and check over 98% countries that are dominated 100% by Muslims and U will see that they are the most troublesome places full of chaos and bombing. Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan etc: U can check it out
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ephemmm:

Muslims are their own problems. If U doubt it, go and check over 98% countries that are dominated 100% by Muslims and U will see that they are the most troublesome places full of chaos and bombing. Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan etc: U can check it out
and muslims aint the one manucfacturing these bombs , it is your perceived christain dominated country covertly supplying them one while sponsoring terrorists against them !!

Balderdash !!

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Babyrex:

The public school is owned by the state and controlled by the govt, if u aint satisfied wit his rules den go to ur muslim schools & b free to put on ur hijab. Thank God d decison cane frm a muslim
grin grin ..... Where u come from sef na ....... Alright keep reading cuz I have discussed in detail with people whom I think gather much better than you provided above ..... !!

Nonsense, No school, state nor government can contravene ''Freedom of Religion'' !!

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Ephemmm: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:
and muslims aint the one manucfacturing these bombs , it is your perceived christain dominated country covertly supplying them one while sponsoring terrorists against them !!

Balderdash !!

U mean alqueeda, al-shabab, boko-haram etc do not know how to manufacture bomb? Deepen your research pls.

In Nigeria, boko haram, another islamic wing manufacture their own locally made bomb which they use in affliation with other islamic terrorist organizations. The problem in islam is aggresive way to dominate.

I wonder how peaceful this wold would have been without the word - islam.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 20, 2014
verdict is a scam design by apc to woo christians in the state and country at large .
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Funjosh(m): 6:17am On Oct 20, 2014
Lair! Most of the bomb used by bokoharam are made localy

donroxy:

Balderdash !!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by salykely(m): 6:26am On Oct 20, 2014
neyobills:

Section 10 of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria states that the government of the federation or of a state shall not adopt any religion as state religion which in other words means Nigeria is a secular state, don't be shy to use the dictionary if the word secular happens to be your problem then u can relate the meaning of that to this topic and u would have done urself a favor of putting ur brain to good use for once in ur life.

The verdict still remains,if u have a problem with that catch the next available flight to perhaps Sudan where ur hijab cravings can be satisfied.

Is Nigeria more secular than USA and BRITAIN? For the avoidance of doubt, Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is a multi religious state. Read the preamble to our constitution. It read "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding"

If Nigeria is a secular state what has God got to do in our very preamble. Don't forget that a preamble explains the essence of a legislation. What section 10 simply provide is that among this verious religions, we should not adopt any as state religion.

The enmity from xrians are just too much. Hijab is a fundamental aspect of our life as Muslims, we wont allow anybody to take it away from us. We will resist it with our very lives

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by salykely(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Ephemmm:

What a primitive way of thinking? Why did U just jump from Friday to Sunday if I may ask, or is there no any other day that we don't work too? Besides, this is universal as people need to rest for some days after working for five days.

Just imagine the kind of drama that will be happening, if xtians are allowed to be wearing their doctrinal attires to the schools too.

However, sango, obatala, masquerade, IFA, olosun, etc have different attires despite the fact that they are all trational religion. If they are allowed too to be wearing their different attires too, can U envisage the rate of conflicts of interests and domineering competition that would occur?

To me, this is not about religion, it is all about common sense thing.

Your ignorance is stinking. Everything has a history, Saturday and Sunday represent the Sabbath for either Jews or xtians which they feel must be kept holy. That the origin of that. In some Islamic countries like Egypt, Saudi et al it is Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday. Stop exposing stinking ignorance here

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Ephemmm: 7:39am On Oct 20, 2014
salykely:

Your ignorance is stinking. Everything has a history, Saturday and Sunday represent the Sabbath for either Jews or xtians which they feel must be kept holy. That the origin of that. In some Islamic countries like Egypt, Saudi et al it is Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday. Stop exposing stinking ignorance here

As against what you are claiming, traditional worshippers goes to their places of worship on Saturday too and their religion has been in existence before xtianity or islam, was it missionaries that mandated them to this to them too? The elite ones among you are awaken and put their programmes on Sunday, and this is what i called - common sense.

If you like you can declare Monday as your own rest day. Go to US and see that Sunday is majorly for sports activities as against Nigeria where everything is either tribalistic or religious.

Wearing hijab is good for, but if muslim student has a right to wear hijab in school, please note that other students too have rights to wear whatever they like whether religious apparel or not. Please remember that traditionalist have their own apparel too. This will not only bring about segregation, it will bring about unecessary competition for dominance which school authority might not be able to curb.

Students in primary school wears uniform which is absolutely characterized by uniformity. so, if you want hijab, go to schools where islamic doctrine is being practice on large scale like Hijira University or a public school that is islamic affiliated like Young Tajudeen primary school, which my friend attended simple.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by neyobills: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:
You are a foo:lish person, idio:tic and worst of all Ignorant .... That is why I asked you to allow people with the brain to do the talking cheesy .... Do you ever pass through any legal studies or proceeding in your entire life ohhhhh , you think you can just pick any section of the constitution and interprete it with dumb-thick-blackish brain of yours !!

Very dull boy .... grin

Do you know the meaning of ''Prohibition of state religion'' as enshrined in section 10 of the 1999 constitution as amended !

The principle behind the provision of section 10 stipulates that there can never be Islam/Christain states in Nigeria .... Simply, No religion own any state .......

E.g Bokoharam's Objectives:

Why do you think we are fighting Bokoharam?
Because one of their Objective is to turn NorthEast Nigeria into an ISLAMIC CALIPHATE which contravene , among many sections, section 10 of the 1999 Constitution ... ...

Bokoharam can not own any state in Nigeria for Islam !!

The spirit of Section 38 doesn't contravene the Spirit of Section 10

.... Section 38 allow for freedom to practice religion thus wearing Hijab in fulfilling the tenet of Islam is covered under section 38 of the constitution and doesn't in any way contravene section 10 and any state that barred such individual as acted ultra-vires .... Infact section 15(2) forbid anyone to be discriminated against on the ground of Religion !!

The Lagos state government doesn't have the constitutional power to barred any tenet of praticising Islam nor limit it in scope !!

It is like the state stopped them from observing salat or fasting .... Or barred someone for paying Zakat or visiting Mecca .... !!

Lagos can't stop any tenet of Islam ... After Appeal ... Supreme court will hear this one !! tongue

If your level of comprehension is this low then your case is an hopeless one,you wanted citation of the constitution,now that u have it u still go around in circles crying wolf of been denied ur rights when there is actually none.

Lagos state isn't stoping any tenet of Islam,no one is denying you hearing hijab for the rest of your pathetic life but not to public schools because the sanity of public schools due to the strict compliance of uniformity in all students cannot be breached because of a few incorrigible e-diots like you.

If u must wear hijab,go to almajiri schools in the north or any private islamic school around if u can afford any,sheet aint that hard.

If u like take it to the suprememost court,hijab cannot be accepted because there is something called a school UNIFORM,are u such a bubblehead that I have to explain the meaning of a uniform to you.

Its peeps like you who give fuel to the barbaric acts of your boko haram brothers with this ur incorrigible attitude,if u are not okay with the court verdict why not strap a bomb to bosom like ur boko haram heroes and send urself to the deepest part of hell where u rightly belong.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 20, 2014
neyobills:

If your level of comprehension is this low then your case is an hopeless one,you wanted citation of the constitution,now that u have it u still go around in circles crying wolf of been denied ur rights when there is actually none.

Lagos state isn't stoping any tenet of Islam,no one is denying you hearing hijab for the rest of your pathetic life but not to public schools because the sanity of public schools due to the strict compliance of uniformity in all students cannot be breached because of a few incorrigible e-diots like you.

If u must wear hijab,go to almajiri schools in the north or any private islamic school around if u can afford any,sheet aint that hard.

If u like take it to the suprememost court,hijab cannot be accepted because there is something called a school UNIFORM,are u such a bubblehead that I have to explain the meaning of a uniform to you.

Its peeps like you who give fuel to the barbaric acts of your boko haram brothers with this ur incorrigible attitude,if u are not okay with the court verdict why not strap a bomb to bosom like ur boko haram heroes and send urself to the deepest part of hell where u rightly belong.
Ok you win .... I thought you would be providing another insight into section 10 and not the kpatayearn you provided up there ...... !!

Quote me when your brain understand the provision of section 10 and I may be obliged to give you another insight till then .... Keep enjoying your zhit tongue
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:
Ok you win .... I thought you would be providing another insight into section 10 and not the kpatayearn you provided up there ...... !!

Quote me when your brain understand the provision of section 10 and I may be obliged to give you another insight till then .... Keep enjoying your zhit tongue

I have a question for you, in Atlantic Hall, Corona, and other "posh" schools do female Muslim students and pupils wear hijab?

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

I have a question for you, in Atlantic Hall, Corona, and other "posh" schools do female Muslim students and pupils wear hijab?

cos they are what you call "Moderate Peaceful Muslims" those that form the "mythical" 99% of all Islam. ever wonder why dem no get mouth for this matter? because the real 99% of Muslims are Islamic Extremists. just a thought
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by omostar: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2014
Babyrex:

Then why is it that its only during ramadan most if u abhor handshake & hugs dt u do all thru d year, saying Aram!
abeg!!
What are you saying?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by neyobills: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2014
salykely:

Is Nigeria more secular than USA and BRITAIN? For the avoidance of doubt, Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is a multi religious state. Read the preamble to our constitution. It read "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding"

If Nigeria is a secular state what has God got to do in our very preamble. Don't forget that a preamble explains the essence of a legislation. What section 10 simply provide is that among this verious religions, we should not adopt any as state religion.

The enmity from xrians are just too much. Hijab is a fundamental aspect of our life as Muslims, we wont allow anybody to take it away from us. We will resist it with our very lives

This is where you,your boko haram heroes and your quick to behead arab brothers get it wrong,christians or any other religions don't hate you nor give a sheet about you guys,no one is your enemy here,its just common sense, there is something called a school UNIFORM therefore the sanity of uniformity in all student cannot be breached because of a few overzealous religious extremists.

Going by your analysis that Nigeria is a multi religious state,if the LASG must allow Zainab to go to school in her hijab,they should also allow Ifadayo to go to school with saki on his shoulders,sangodoyin must also be allowed to plait his hair and decorate it with cowries to school,odewale must also be allowed to go to school with his hunting cap,while eegunjobi must not be stopped from going to school in his masquerade garb and sarah should also be allowed in school in her white garment cap,while francis should also wear his jewish skull cap to school.

Do u think they would be any sanity in schools if the govt allows such request,we have more than 10 different religions in Nigeria,why must it be only muslims crying wolf of not allowing them incorporate their religious dressing into a school uniform,don't u think all other religions also have their mode of dressing which is their fundamental aspect of their lives.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander,let every religion feel free to wear their attires to school and let's hope u guys won't be the first crying wolf for some other trivial stuff when that finally happens.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by samuyafiiyawa: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2014
if freedom of religion is a fundamental right, those girls will win that case Godwilling, cos that judge is not civilise to that extent of knowing that nude should be discourage from the cradle, she said its is religion morality is not only religious but a natural thing given us but the west want to replace it with their so call way of life, if we copy western Education from them, must our copying go to even dressing? come on are we not ashamed of this copy copy stuff? what does Hijab go to do with the way you understand further mathematics? please live the girls to put on their hijab!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Octaves(m): 9:32am On Oct 20, 2014
You can say that again. They can't stay with themselves. They can't stay with other religions
Ephemmm:

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Octaves(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2014
What we don't want to copy is islamic way of life. Muslims can practice their religion as long as they don't disrupt established rules.
samuyafiiyawa:
if freedom of religion is a fundamental right, those girls will win that case Godwilling, cos that judge is not civilise to that extent of knowing that nude should be discourage from the cradle, she said its is religion morality is not only religious but a natural thing given us but the west want to replace it with their so call way of life, if we copy western Education from them, must our copying go to even dressing? come on are we not ashamed of this copy copy stuff? what does Hijab go to do with the way you understand further mathematics? please live the girls to put on their hijab!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Gloria3389(f): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2014
ban ke....abeg how does hijab affect them....I think there is a freedom of religion nah.... there are many issues to attend to than banning unnecessary things.....I don't know when our law makers will wise up

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by neyobills: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:

Now that u have realized ur folly,let me put some things straight,I'm sure u have heard about the ban on brodcasting miracles in Churches on public TV which contradicts the provisions of section 10,did u hear anyone making a fuss about that,if the answer is no its because we have been taught by the bible to give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser so we christians always respect reasonable laws enacted by the government.

I have no idea what exactly the quaran says but from the little I have learnt I guess all the quaran wants is women covering their hair but why must it be in an hijab,can't this kids find some more subtle ways of covering their hair by using a beret or something,why must u do copy copy of the arabs by wearing hijab,the reason why this arab ladies wear hijabs is to keep dirt away from their hair because of the very many sandstorms which happen frequently in the arab countries and also the very high temperature and arid condition of this countries would would dry up even the best oiled hairs in no time,no wonder the arab men also have their own kinda hijab they wear,dunno what its called anyways.

Pls do away with all these ur arabic copy copy and you will see how sweet this life can be when u follow ur church mind.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by neyobills: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Ephemmm: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2014
Octaves:
You can say that again. They can't stay with themselves. They can't stay with other religions

Both are applicable. Honesty, U are now reasoning well with this your assertion.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by salykely(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
neyobills:

This is where you,your boko haram heroes and your quick to behead arab brothers get it wrong,christians or any other religions don't hate you nor give a sheet about you guys,no one is your enemy here,its just common sense, there is something called a school UNIFORM therefore the sanity of uniformity in all student cannot be breached because of a few overzealous religious extremists.

Going by your analysis that Nigeria is a multi religious state,if the LASG must allow Zainab to go to school in her hijab,they should also allow Ifadayo to go to school with saki on his shoulders,sangodoyin must also be allowed to plait his hair and decorate it with cowries to school,odewale must also be allowed to go to school with his hunting cap,while eegunjobi must not be stopped from going to school in his masquerade garb and sarah should also be allowed in school in her white garment cap,while francis should also wear his jewish skull cap to school.

Do u think they would be any sanity in schools if the govt allows such request,we have more than 10 different religions in Nigeria,why must it be only muslims crying wolf of not allowing them incorporate their religious dressing into a school uniform,don't u think all other religions also have their mode of dressing which is their fundamental aspect of their lives.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander,let every religion feel free to wear their attires to school and let's hope u guys won't be the first crying wolf for some other trivial stuff when that finally happens.

Your like and boko haram Av lot in common , fundamentally, intolerance.

With the exception of Islam, which other religion places emphases on a particular mode if dressing? Is there any difference between what u wear to church ⛪ and what u wear to school.

The United States Courts Av upheld the constitutionality of wearing hijab in public, and this is a country more secular than Nigeria.

Why do schools in Lagos still observe devotion and morning prayers by xtian bigot who frown at hijab. Intolerance at it peak.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by salykely(m): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
neyobills:

Now that u have realized ur folly,let me put some things straight,I'm sure u have heard about the ban on brodcasting miracles in Churches on public TV which contradicts the provisions of section 10,did u hear anyone making a fuss about that,if the answer is no its because we have been taught by the bible to give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser so we christians always respect reasonable laws enacted by the government.

I have no idea what exactly the quaran says but from the little I have learnt I guess all the quaran wants is women covering their hair but why must it be in an hijab,can't this kids find some more subtle ways of covering their hair by using a beret or something,why must u do copy copy of the arabs by wearing hijab,the reason why this arab ladies wear hijabs is to keep dirt away from their hair because of the very many sandstorms which happen frequently in the arab countries and also the very high temperature and arid condition of this countries would would dry up even the best oiled hairs in no time,no wonder the arab men also have their own kinda hijab they wear,dunno what its called anyways.

Pls do away with all these ur arabic copy copy and you will see how sweet this life can be when u follow ur church mind.

And the cloth u wore to school and what u wearing now as a working adult was not copied? Tell us one thing with the exception if ur biological appearance that emanate from ur ancestors. That line of argument is faulty.

Hijab is a religious obligation, please get that.
I see nothing wrong in our school reflecting our multi religious culture, it help to foster tolerance. The best friend of a xtian gal may be a Muslim hijab sister.

It is ridiculous how these people cite section 10 of the 1999 constitution to justify their ban on hijab. They also claim that by virtue of that section Nigeria is a secular state. Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is a multy-religious state. The preamble to the 1999 constitution provide that;

"We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding..."
This provision stricto senso debunk the idea that we have resolved to be secular.
The draft men of Section 48 as qouted above in granting freedom of religion deliberately employed the use of certain words like freedom to manifest, practice and observe, in public and private. My question is; is wearing of hijab a an Islamic manifestation, practice and observance? If yes, are such manifestations, practices and observance constitutionaly frowned at in PUBLIC? if no, on what basis is the justification of upholding this ban!

I maintain that section 10 must be understood in the light of the preamble and section 48. We have resolved to live under God as one nation. Section 10 should be seen in the light that being a multi religious country no one of the various religions should be adopted as state religion to the detriment of others, While maintaining individual rights and freedom to manifest his religious teachings.

Iet me qoute the US President again

"Freedom of religion is central to the ability of peoples to live together. We must always examine the ways in which we protect it".

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by salykely(m): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
The ban on public broadcast of miracle is born out of it fraudulent nature which u know too well. If it were to be labeled tricks and magic no one will ban it. But due to the fraud inherent in it, that why the gullible sick and desperate public ought to be protected against those end time churches.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by neyobills: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
salykely:

And the cloth u wore to school and what u wearing now as a working adult was not copied? Tell us one thing with the exception if ur biological appearance that emanate from ur ancestors. That line of argument is faulty.

Hijab is a religious obligation, please get that.
I see nothing wrong in our school reflecting our multi religious culture, it help to foster tolerance. The best friend of a xtian gal may be a Muslim hijab sister.

It is ridiculous how these people cite section 10 of the 1999 constitution to justify their ban on hijab. They also claim that by virtue of that section Nigeria is a secular state. Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is a multy-religious state. The preamble to the 1999 constitution provide that;

"We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding..."
This provision stricto senso debunk the idea that we have resolved to be secular.
The draft men of Section 48 as qouted above in granting freedom of religion deliberately employed the use of certain words like freedom to manifest, practice and observe, in public and private. My question is; is wearing of hijab a an Islamic manifestation, practice and observance? If yes, are such manifestations, practices and observance constitutionaly frowned at in PUBLIC? if no, on what basis is the justification of upholding this ban!

I maintain that section 10 must be understood in the light of the preamble and section 48. We have resolved to live under God as one nation. Section 10 should be seen in the light that being a multi religious country no one of the various religions should be adopted as state religion to the detriment of others, While maintaining individual rights and freedom to manifest his religious teachings.

Iet me qoute the US President again

"Freedom of religion is central to the ability of peoples to live together. We must always examine the ways in which we protect it".

No one is arguing with you here you already admitted ur folly and I'm putting thing straight,got it?

Now imagine if every religion was allowed to incorporate their dressing gear into a supposed school uniform,isn't the idea of the uniformity of students flawed already.
Isn't it more ridiculous that u start getting high on this preamble of a thing as if it were some law,its only an introduction to the constitution,it doesn't nullify section 10,neither doesn't it contain anything about religion,the mere mention of GOD doesn't denote any religion since we all believe in God anyways.
Do yourself some favor argue with some sense and stop digging ur heels stubbornly in the ground of ignorance.
The hijab is not some kind of islamic manifestation,it has been in use donkey years before Islam by women in the east,it is mostly worn by arab women to protect their hair from the many sandstorms and also the arid,dusty and hot tempreatures of most of these countries,islam obviously originated from the east I guess that's why ignorant dolts like u think its a muslim thing.
The LASG is not stopping you from wearing your hijab in public from dusk till dawn,but not to public schools because they have a school UNIFORM,how hard is that for you decipher,the LASG is neither forcing anyone to go to public schools,if u must go to school in hijab,enroll in any of the almajiri schools,or any of the islamic private schools or perhaps don't go to school at all,if u can't use any of these 3 options they you can GO and D*E.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
donroxy:
grin grin ..... Where u come from sef na ....... Alright keep reading cuz I have discussed in detail with people whom I think gather much better than you provided above ..... !!

Nonsense, No school, state nor government can contravene ''Freedom of Religion'' !!

Oooh but religion can contravene constitution because Allah owns the world right
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Kobeje(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
salykely:

'
I hope you do not mean you are ready to kill because of dressing? To resist with youe life MAY imply readiness to fight and/or kill actually. Lets follow real peace please.

Actually, i wonder atimes the kind of 'god' we worship self. One that is weak and so needs us to defend him to the extent of killing anther human! And i dont refer to muslims alone here. Didnt this God crown his creation with man? Hmmm! Beats my imagination.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
neyobills:
Now that u have realized ur folly,let me put some things straight, I'm sure u have heard about the ban on brodcasting miracles in Churches on public TV which contradicts the provisions of section 10,did u hear anyone making a fuss about that,if the answer is no its because we have been taught by the bible to give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser so we christians always respect reasonable laws enacted by the government.

Look, if you can't understand my wizardry , I understood your foolishness simply because it is caused by dearth and gap of knowledge in your brain !!

You have to tell me how live TV miracles constitute the tenet of Christianity by citing verses in the bible which support performing miracles on TV and explain the relationship between section 10 of the 1999 constitution as amended and banning live tv miracles ?

I knew you weren't informed about Qur'an nor the knowledge of Islam and that is exactly the reason why I asked you to shut your brain and let those with :

Secular, Islamic, Christianity , Traditional and Free-thinking Knowledge do the talking

when I said you are foo:lish, ignorant, stup:id and id:iotic .... I put reasons behind it !!

The fact that you can open your mouth breathe in some air and make some sound doesn't imply you should not use your brain when doing comparison.......

You only compare the comparables especially where it involves constitutional issues !!

If Jesus said ''give to caesar what belong to caesar'' as misinterpreted by you .... Majority of you new generational church members always turn the bible upside down to suit your GOs philosophy anyway .... Your poor knowledge on the verse aint amazing !

Where caesar wanna take what doesn't belong to him then he will surely have a problem with Jesus

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
They should kick hijab out of Nigeria. At least, we all know it's not part of Nigerian culture! angry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

German University Students Turn Blue, Police Suspect Poisoning / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.