Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? (3523 Views)

Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? / Can Man's Destiny Be Altered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:09am On Oct 19, 2014
That is the question. Is it possible for someone's destiny to be altered or truncated or not? What is even destiny?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by StealthyMe(m): 6:18am On Oct 19, 2014
I think its very possible; thats where your God comes in...
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Kunleskey(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2014
With God all things are possible..
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2014
StealthyMe:
I think its very possible; thats where your God comes in...
what is destiny? If i may ask.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2014
Kunleskey:
With God all things are possible..
what do u mean?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by PROCTOR: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Never.THE PENS HAS BEEN LIFTED AND THE PAGES HAVE DRIED
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Tallesty1(m): 6:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Typing............
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Kunleskey(m): 6:55am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
what do u mean?
i mean yeske
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by 2cato: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
destiny is fate and that what some people said we ar to follow in life though i doubt it.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2014
2cato:
destiny is fate and that what some people said we ar to follow in life though i doubt it.
but i thought that destiny is one's ultimate end?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by kadas01(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2014
Destiny is all that "you" have "woven" for "yourself" both in a "previous earth life" as well as "present earth life"!!

The manifestation of one's destiny depends on how "noble" or "otherwise" the "weavings" are!!

That is why it is truly said- "our destiny lies in our hands"!!

PLEASE, I beg of you, "nobody" should quote me! Everyone is free to "air" his/her view! Please, if you want to respond, you are free to comment but please, do not quote me!

@OP, this explanation is based on my conviction and belief!

Thanks and I wish you all a joyous sunday!

Shalom!
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2014
PROCTOR:
Never.THE PENS HAS BEEN LIFTED AND THE PAGES HAVE DRIED
what do u say about mad people. Was it their destiny to be mad?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:15am On Oct 19, 2014
@kadas01.
Is destiny fixed by men or God?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2014
Destiny can't be truncated,because any truncation means it has been destined to be truncated.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Destiny can't be truncated,because any truncation means it has been destined to be truncated.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Yomieluv:
if it is destined to be truncated, is it God that fix it that way?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by kadas01(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2014
@OP, The Laws of The ALMIGHTY Reigns Supreme in The Whole Wide Universe!

One of these "Fundamental" Laws, which is "The Law of Reciprocal Action" or better put; "The Law of Reciprocity"; also known as "The Law of Sowing and Reaping"; which so many of us refer to as "Karma"; remains a "major deciding factor" in what we human beings call "Destiny"!

To answer your question and from the above explanation;- "Men" "weave" their "destiny"; but "The LORD" has set every "mechanism" in place to "fix" (manifest) such "destiny"!!!

Best wishes!

PLEASE, do not quote me! Thanks for your understanding!
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2014
kadas01:
@OP, The Laws of The ALMIGHTY Reigns Supreme in The Whole Wide Universe!

One of these "Fundamental" Laws, which is "The Law of Reciprocal Action" or better put; "The Law of Reciprocity"; also known as "The Law of Sowing and Reaping"; which so many of us refer to as "Karma"; remains a "major deciding factor" in what we human beings call "Destiny"!

To answer your question and from the above explanation;- "Men" "weave" their "destiny"; but "The LORD" has set every "mechanism" in place to "fix" (manifest) such "destiny"!!!

Best wishes!

PLEASE, do not quote me! Thanks for your understanding!
so u mean men fix destiny nt God?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by kadas01(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
so u mean men fix destiny nt God?
Whatever you "sow"; that shall you "reap"! It is what you have "woven" that would be given to you as your "destiny"!!

Best wishes bro!!
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by pesty100(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2014
You are what you were meant to be, if a destiny was meant to be truncated, it will be
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:24am On Oct 19, 2014
kadas01:
Whatever you "sow"; that shall you "reap"! It is what you have "woven" that would be given to you as your "destiny"!!

Best wishes bro!!
why the yes or no is hard for you to say? U are nt even sure.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2014
pesty100:
You are what you were meant to be, if a destiny was meant to be truncated, it will be
who meant it? God or men? We must fix this one first.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by PROCTOR: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2014
what do u say about mad people. Was it their destiny to be mad?
If you would not mind i'll reffer you to read islamic version of bliv in destiny.in as much as your destiny has been written even before your birth,prayer do change them
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by pesty100(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
who meant it? God or men? We must fix this one first.
for a religious man it is God, for a scientific man it is man
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by itstpia1: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
Yomieluv:

pesty100:

food for thought.

man cannot be wiser than God.

what exactly is being called "truncation of destiny" here?

besides, repeat topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/793130/change-destiny

https://www.nairaland.com/304735/choices-affect-destiny

https://www.nairaland.com/793130/change-destiny

https://www.nairaland.com/34574/escape-destiny

https://www.nairaland.com/105736/man-block-fellow-mans-destiny

https://www.nairaland.com/663151/mans-destiny-altered
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by pesty100(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
itstpia1:

food for thought.

man cannot be wiser than God.
because that is how God wants it
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by itstpia1: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2014
if God allows it, there is a reason.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by sunnyt1(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
That is the question. Is it possible for someone's destiny to be altered or truncated or not? What is even destiny?

Most chrsitians do not belive in destiny but muslims do.

Christians beliv you can decide wat u want in life. But let me quote a portion of the bible Ecclesiastes 6: 10

New living translation (NLT)

""Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there’s no use arguing with God about your destiny.""

The Message

""Whatever happens, happens. Its destiny is fixed.
You can’t argue with fate""

Living Bible

""All things are decided by fate; it was known long ago what each man would be. So there’s no use arguing with God about your destiny""

This verse and psalm 139 shd give you an idea of what destiny and fate is.

However, it can be altered. The moment a child is born, the devil through his instruments do everything possible to truncate or alter the fulfillment of his destiny. Remember Job, what later happened in his life wasnt part of God's plan for him. It was on one of those occassions they gather to celebrate that the devil asked for permission from God to try him of his faith and sincerity to God.
Have you ever thought of what God meant when he said "" pray without season"".

You need to guard your destiny as much as you can lest you give the enemy the futile ground to determine your destiny.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2014
pesty100:
for a religious man it is God, for a scientific man it is man
throw more light.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by StealthyMe(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:

des·ti·ny- /ˈdestinē/
noun

1. the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
StealthyMe:

des·ti·ny- /ˈdestinē/
noun

1. the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
and so?
Re: Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? by StealthyMe(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
and so?

So? Bros.....nor be u ask me for the meaning ?
Na im i give u so....

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: / I Want The Theist/atheists Argument To End. See How I Intend To Do That. / Is Sexual Outercourse Outside Marriage A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.