Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? - Forum Games (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? (19326 Views)

(RIDDLES) Can You Solve These 11 Famous Murder Riddles? / Untangle This Riddle If You Think You Can / Riddles Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
Olodo!!!

The answer is 27 Oranges!!

When you take 27 Oranges from any number of Oranges, what you have with you is 27 Oranges, isn't it?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by LordReed(m): 2:18am On Jan 26, 2010
n the remaining 5 are 4 who? tongue

I am something the more u take from me the bigger I become wat am I?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
A hole, I think

Check this out, Why does a chicken cross the road?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by LordReed(m): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hole is correct.

To boldly go where no chicken has gone b4
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Well you tried, I'll give you 1 over 10. . . . . lol

The Chicken cross the road to get to the other side of the road!

OK try this simple question: Divide 40 by half, what do you get?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by LordReed(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2010
Correct
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by LordReed(m): 1:03am On Jan 29, 2010
No try me o! lwkm

I am sometin I carry a fire on my head that does not burn what am I?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2010
hello guys ,  I'm new here and would like to be a part of this wonderful Riddles posting / solving forum we have.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
hi guys, lemme try a riddle here , 4 every1 but esp. for Rhytham and Alexos , :-)

There's well in a dry place 20 ft deep, an Adventurous Snail starts its climb from the base at a given rate of 3ft/ 12hrs and sleeps off for next 12 hrs and slids down by 2ft in next 12 hrs. How long will it take the Snail to climb out?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Amigoz(f): 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
I'll brb cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
what's up guys no one's answering?
Perhaps on one wants to Welcome me to the existing group?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
Perhpas with a few more someone might wanna reply! cheesy

here goes:

1) If the stretch of woods is 4 miles long, how far into the woods can you go?

2) When its 3 'o' clock, the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand is 90deg. when next will the clock hands make 90degs. ?

3)you're in a forest that has only 2 paths' one takes you to Abyss another out of forest; there lives Siamiese Twins there, but one always LIE, yet another always the Truth. With only 1 question u're allowed to ask, how would you know which way is out of FOREST? ?

Hope with these easy questions the membas of da forum will welcome me , grin
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
me4nija:

hi guys, lemme try a riddle here , 4 every1 but esp. for Rhytham and Alexos , :-)

There's well in a dry place 20 ft deep, an Adventurous Snail starts its climb from the base at a given rate of 3ft/ 12hrs and sleeps off for next 12 hrs and slids down by 2ft in next 12 hrs. How long will it take the Snail to climb out?

The Snail is already out of the well since it started its climbing from the base of d well
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
cheesy
at last someone replied!

Dear Obinoscopy, the Snail is starting at the base of the well , i mean at the BOTTOM base of the well.
try again pls.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
Mathematically, it will take the snail 20X36Hrs=720 hours (30 days)
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
sorry frnd,

Mathematically, you are wrong! Pls. try again! wink Wat of the two RIDDLE BIRDS ALEXOS and RHYTHAM?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Amigoz(f): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
im still plotting ma graph, i will be back cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by me4nija: 9:09am On Feb 18, 2010
Amigoz:

im still plotting ma graph, i will be back  cheesy

I'm happy  cheesy at least you're trying it. Thanx for making me feel a member of the group.

Hope u'll not need to do it in 3-D!  grin   - just kidding!

Waiting for your reply ,  in the mean time how about trying the other ones?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2010
why don't u tell us d answer
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2010
me4nija:

movement in 12hrs is actually 1ft (because 3up 2 down: 3-2=1)
therefore it'll take 1*12hrs*20 = 240hrs = 10days.

I hope i answer ur question!
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 12:15am On Feb 22, 2010
me4nija:

Perhpas with a few more someone might wanna reply! cheesy

here goes:

2) When its 3 'o' clock, the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand is 90deg. when next will the clock hands make 90degs. ?

3)you're in a forest that has only 2 paths' one takes you to Abyss another out of forest; there lives Siamiese Twins there, but one always LIE, yet another always the Truth. With only 1 question u're allowed to ask, how would you know which way is out of FOREST? ?

Hope with these easy questions the membas of da forum will welcome me , grin

answers

1) 4 miles
2) mathematically (3060/11)minutes after 3, 3:32:44 or just say 3:33
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
Chykason:

Perhpas with a few more someone might wanna reply!

here goes:

Hope with these easy questions the membas of da forum will welcome me ,

answers

1) 4 miles
2) mathematically (3060/11)minutes after 3, 3:32:44 or just say 3:33

Your answer is wrong the answers are
1) 0 miles, becos the wood is not air and can't be passed through unless he wants to break the wood

2)15 seconds, becos the seconds hand always go an angle of 90 degrees every 15 seconds

3) Simple just ask the siamese twins to tell you what he told the previous person as the way out of the forest, take the opposite of whatever he tells you!

Am I right me4nija?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
@obinoscopy
wood doesn't mean only timber. It also means a forest/jungle.
So 1 is out. Go check ur dictionary, boy!

Take a look below.
[quote author=me4nija link=topic=19578.msg5532016#msg5532016 date=12664207

the hour hand and the minute hand is 90deg.

He ain't talking about the seconds hand. U get? So 2 is out! Don't bother about no 2. I'm 100% sure of my no 2 answer.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
Chykason:

@obinoscopy
wood doesn't mean only timber. It also means a forest/jungle.
So 1 is out. Go check your dictionary, boy!

Take a look below.
[quote author=me4nija link=topic=19578.msg5532016#msg5532016 date=12664207

the hour hand and the minute hand is 90deg.

He ain't talking about the seconds hand. U get? So 2 is out! Don't bother about no 2. I'm 100% sure of my no 2 answer.

lol
Mr Chykason, the essence of riddles is to confuse or confound you. It is not a normal question where you use mathematics or bland logic to solve. You have to use your wits to unravel the confounding factor in the question.

For question 1 everyone will be tempted to just say 4 miles afterall the woods is 4 miles long but the confounding factor here is the definition of the word "woods". The author wants you to think he is talking about forest as woods when actually he is talking about timber. His aim is to make you fail and I think he succeeded, lol

For question 2, again the confounding factor is the exclusion of the seconds hand in the question. He obviously want you to think in terms of Hour and Minute hand thereby missing out the seconds hand which could make you fail the question. Even if he was only talking about Hours and Minutes hand you are still wrong cos the answer will have been 30 minutes cos that would have been the time taken for the minutes hand to go to d 6 on the clock (i.e. 3:30). But as I said earlier this is a RIDDLES and the answer is not meant to be direct.

As for the third question, what do you have to say about that. . . .More than you. . . . lol
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2010
Obinoscopy:

lol
Mr Chykason, the essence of riddles is to confuse or confound you. It is not a normal question where you use mathematics or bland logic to solve. You have to use your wits to unravel the confounding factor in the question.

For question 1 everyone will be tempted to just say 4 miles afterall the woods is 4 miles long but the confounding factor here is the definition of the word "woods". The author wants you to think he is talking about forest as woods when actually he is talking about timber. His aim is to make you fail and I think he succeeded, lol

For question 2, again the confounding factor is the exclusion of the seconds hand in the question. He obviously want you to think in terms of Hour and Minute hand thereby missing out the seconds hand which could make you fail the question. Even if he was only talking about Hours and Minutes hand you are still wrong cos the answer will have been 30 minutes cos that would have been the time taken for the minutes hand to go to d 6 on the clock (i.e. 3:30). But as I said earlier this is a RIDDLES and the answer is not meant to be direct.

As for the third question, what do you have to say about that. . . .More than you. . . . lol
i really appreci8 how u talk about no 1 but look, my answer or ur own may still be right! It depends on wha' d posta hv in mind.
Look at the question about 'why do chickens cross the road'. Peeps were busy scratching head when a 3yrs old will give d correct answer. So simple! Don't u think?
Now no2,
it's not 30mins l8r @ 3:30 because as d minute hand is moving, d hour hand is also moving! Oh. . .u didn't c dat, abi?
Now for no3
i may ask dem d way outta d forest. Even if i enter an abyss i am 'somehow' outta d forest. How about that?

So, never count out sum fellas answer!
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by honeric01(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2010
i am something, the more sweet water you take from me, the drier i become, what am i?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
Orange, coconut, roastables, . . .& va91na
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2010
Chykason:

Orange, coconut, roastables, . . .& va91na

i don't get it, which one is your answer?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=48pt]I am sumfin dat looks weak in idle mood, but waxes stronger when excited & when engaged, I starts 'digging holes'.
What am I? [/size]
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by honeric01(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
man pencil,

still haven't answered the outstanding one.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Chykason(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2010
Va91na, final answer. . .
honeric01:

man pencil,
sowii. . . I don't understand. Wha' is that?
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

At What Age Would You Like To Stop Growing Old? / God Of War [ghost Of Sparta] Ppsspp Highly Compressed In 200mb For Android / A-c-r-o-n-y-m Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.