Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? (19328 Views)

(RIDDLES) Can You Solve These 11 Famous Murder Riddles? / Untangle This Riddle If You Think You Can / Riddles Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2006
Good one there rhytham, The letter "E"! Beginning of Eternity end of timE and spacE, etc.

I guess my riddles have been very cheap, Let me see if you guys can unscrambble this:

12. A rich man has two sons, and this two sons has a horse each. When he died, the sons read his will.The will says:
The sons must race their horses to a distant city and the LAST one's horse to get there gets the fortune.
So the sons started racing as slow as possible to get the fortune. At nightfall they stop at an inn. They tell their problem to the innkeeper and in the morning the sons are racing as fast as they can to the city. What do u think the innkeeper told them?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2006
though i don't have any logic behind this but the only solution coming to my mind is, "He asked them to interchange their horses"  wink
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2006
i v been thinking but i cant conclude on anything sad sad
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2006
lets wait for Alexos to uncover the resultss grin
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2006
You are right rhytham wink, He told them to switch horses. So if one son gets there first, he will be on his brother's horse and his horse will be last and he will get the fortune.

13. You walk up to a mountain that has two paths. One leads to the other side of the mountain, and the other will get you lost forever. On the road you meet two twins that knows the path that leads to the other side. You can ask them only one question each. One of the twins only tells lies and the other only tells the truth, and you don't know which is which.

So, What do you Ask eash of them?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 10:59am On Aug 09, 2006
You ask the false telling twin, if he say left, you know it's right and vice versa.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 11:10am On Aug 09, 2006
How would you know he is the false telling twin
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2006
my God.i v really confirmed that i am a dolo.
ohhhh my brain sad sad
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2006
sorry i am deleting this solution as this solution works if u want to ask only one question to them, but here I can ask two questions. So my solution is later in this thread
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Damsal(f): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2006
I will ask which one is the lying twin the lying one would definitely deny it, claiming he's the truthful one.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:21am On Aug 09, 2006
@ dam

how do u know the one that lies.
its not written on thier foreheads
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2006
and as i am having option to ask each of them one question so first i will ask, "do you exists?"

if answer is yes ask his brother the way and take opposite to that.
if answer is no, ask his brother the way and follow it.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2006
but u are allowed to ask two questions only
but u v asked three wink
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2006
He asked only two questions and not three. He said 'if'
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2006
hmmm, no michy i have asked two questions only.

first "do u exists"?
second depending on there answer i will ask his brother the second question and may and may not follow the path he tell me
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2006
ok.i just noticed it.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Damsal(f): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2006
@michy
well i believed that the truthful one would claim otherwise. Thought that would possibly still not give me my answer

@ Alexos
could you please give the answer.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 11:40am On Aug 09, 2006
But you don't know who is who rhytham, you can get into the wrong hand.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2006
@alexos
pls help us and answer the question abeg
do u want us to die
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2006
Alexo, lets consider my questions

first i will ask, "Do u exists?"
if he say no, i will know he is a liar, if he says yes, i will know he is the one who speak truth,

then i will ask his brother the secons question, that is which way will take me other side of mountain, and as i will know by that time whther he is liar or not i will either not follow or follow the way told by him,

m i clear?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2006
i feel u sha.but i dont think its the answer
i am enjoying this thread
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2006
@michy cry
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2006
I will ask them if they're twins and the liar will say no, then I will know the truthful one (the one who says yes) and then ask him for directions. Two questions only.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2006
yessssssssssssssss
thats the answer.
at last cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2006
Hey, you guys are getting me wrong.

I said you can ask each of them just one question. The same question you ask the first twin, is still the same question you'll ask the other twin.

I think I've made it clearer now. So what will you ask
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by michy(f): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2006
oh that makes it even more difficult
pls answer it.u r now making this a lil bit boring tongue tongue
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ michy, sorry dear wink, but i would have loved either Dojo or rhytham to give it a shot.

But if they don't do that in 5 minutes. I'll give out the answer. cool
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2006
Aiight, Here is what you'll ask:

Which way would your brother say?

Example: If the good path is left, and you ask the liar this question, he'll say Right, because his brother will say left and he himself lies. The truthful fellow will say right, because he tells the truth, and the other one lies.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2006
How will you know the liar from the truthful?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2006
Good,

Now lets say you ask the bad guy, he''ll say Right, because his brother will say left. and when you ask his brother(the good guy) he'll say right, because his brother would lie to you that the right way is right.

Definitely, you'll know that the first guys is the bad guy. And that the right way to go is Left.

Try this:

14. You are in a house. There are 3 light switches. Inside of a closed room (that you CAN NOT see) there is a light bulb that is turned on by one of the switches. If you can only go inside the room only one time how can you tell which switch turns on the light?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
I'm not satisfied with the answer you gave. I'm not convinced.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2006
Awaiting your response Mr Riddler angry tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

At What Age Would You Like To Stop Growing Old? / God Of War [ghost Of Sparta] Ppsspp Highly Compressed In 200mb For Android / A-c-r-o-n-y-m Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.