Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,582 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? (19406 Views)

(RIDDLES) Can You Solve These 11 Famous Murder Riddles? / Untangle This Riddle If You Think You Can / Riddles Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ Dojo, how else do u want me to explain, i thut that was explanatory enough. Ok let me try again.

Let tag the twins A and B. Unknowing to you, A happens to be the BAd guy, while B is the good one.

Dojo: Which way would your brother tell me?
A: He would tell you Right.

Dojo: Which way would your brother tell me?
B: He would tell you right.

With these, you should know that the second guy is the right one, for him to have known exactly what the other guy would say.
Is this explanatory to you.

Try the other one.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2006
HI Alexos, i can ask just one question and solve the previous riddle.

anyways for the bulb riddle, my answer goes here:
i will switch  on the first switch, then after half an hour i will switch it off and switch on the second switch and go into the room

if the bulb is on, second switch operates it.
if its off, then i will touch it, if its hot first switch operates otherwise the third one. cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2006
Alexos this is the same question i put previously and deleted, u don't even need to ask that question for second time. whatever answer they give follow the opposite way to that, thats right
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2006
bring a flashlight.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2006
hi diva, i didn't get u, embarassed
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2006
Funny naija_diva, but one is not supposed to taki light into the house. rhytham got it right.

14. Using the numbers 1-9 (you can only use each number ONE time) can you make 3 rows of 3 so that the sum total of all 3 digits in any direction (vertical and horizontal) is 15?

Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2006
is it

Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2006
i think thats right, next one alexos
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2006
i'm always rite. grin
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2006
except while dealing with flashlights wink
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2006
ha ha ha very funny lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2006
bring on the next riddle.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2006
for that we have to wait for Alexos,
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2006
I stole this:
3 girls go to a motel. The front desk clerk tells them the room will cost $30 for the night. Each girl gives $10 to make out the $30.

Later that night, the clerk realized that the room was actually $25, not $30. So, he calls one of his co-workers and gives him $5 to return to the girls.

On his way, the co-worker asks himself:" How am I going to share $5 to 3 girls?" So, he decides to give each $1 and keep the extra $2 for himself.

So, each girl actually paid $9 for the room ($10-$1). So, the total should be $9+$9+$9 = $27. If we add the $2 that the co-worker kept, we get $29.

The question is: "WHERE IS THE MISSING DOLLAR??"
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by iice(f): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2006
LOL stole is right grin grin couldnt get it quite right but am looking forward to the answers grin
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2006
there's already a thread on that.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2006
@naijaDiva
I said I stole it. angry
Solve it if you can.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2006
yeah right. you got it right naija_diva

15. How do you get 100 by using the numbers 0-9 once?
Example: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7(8x9)= 100

Can you find another way to get it?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2006
If none of you can solve this, I'm out of this thread. angry

@Alexos
I said I stole it, is that any reason why you shouldn't answer it but instead post another riddle?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
let me give it a try ,
here the approach is tricky

instead of doing 9*3 + 2 and get the initial amount
we have to do 9*3 - 2 and get the room rent, Y? because.

if u r saying 9*3 + 2$ = the total initial amount with the girls, you are leaving the extra  1$ , which is been divided equally among the three girls 24$ + 1$ = 25$

i got it but unable to put it in words properly undecided
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2006
that riddle is closed. no more. don't try. its been solved. move on. next.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2006
Alexo for your riddle:
(6*3) + (7 *8 )+(4*5) + ((9-1)-2) + 0
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2006
hmmmmm no comments, something is wrong with my solution undecided
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2006
Sorry Dojo, It was after I posted my riddle that I saw yours. It came in while i was trying to reply the others.

@ rhytham, you got it right man.

For your riddle dojo, There is no missing Dollar, I'll explain that, just let me look for the right words for it. After that I'll post another riddle.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2006
Thanks bros. I thought you did it intentionally before. I'm sorry for sounding harsh the other time. cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2006
No probs Dojo wink. Back to your riddle

When u subtract 5 from 30, you are left with 25, and because 25 cannot go through the three of them equally, it will have to be in the ratio 8:8:9 (i.e. 8+8+9=25)
The equation will be :
(8+1) + (8+1) + (9+1) + (5-3) = 30.

Are you satisfied with that Before I post the next riddle
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Dojo(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2006
It's ok but for me: There's no missing dollar. They paid 25 dollars plus the 3 they divided
plus the 2 taken by the co-worker = 30 dollars.
I'm not in the position to say we have the answer because I'm not the owner.

Go ahead, post the next.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2006
Alright Dojo

16. There are three boxes containing fruit. The first box is marked peaches, the second is marked oranges, and the third box is marked peaches and oranges. Each of the boxes is labeled incorrectly. How could you label each box correctly if you were allowed to select only one fruit from one of the boxes?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by naijadiva2(f): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
open the one that says oranges and peaches i guess.
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2006
hmmm
open a box say the one containing peach & oranges, if it contains peach then the one saying peach, must be containing orange and the one with the lable oranges will be containing oranges & peach.

change the labels  cool
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by Alexos(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2006
You are right rhytham,
First you select a fruit from the box marked peaches and oranges. If it was a orange you selected, you know that the box could only contain oranges. If it was a peach, you know that the box could only contain peaches since each box in incorrectly marked. If, for example an orange was selected, you would mark that box oranges and switch the other two incorrect labels around. Now all three would be correctly labeled.

Another:

17. My age today is three times what it will be three years from now minus three times what my age was three years ago. How old am I?
Re: Do You Think You Are Good In Solving Riddles? by rhytham(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
Alexo don't tell me you're just 3 years old,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

At What Age Would You Like To Stop Growing Old? / A-c-r-o-n-y-m Game / God Of War [ghost Of Sparta] Ppsspp Highly Compressed In 200mb For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.