Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? (25319 Views)

Why Today's Women Should Marry Before Age 25! / 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage / Danger Zones You should Not Cross To Have successful Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by bukatyne(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Kimoni:

Can it be averted? Can you ever be happy with someone that is killing your goals in life?

Imagine if your father stopped you from furthering your education in order to take care of him in his old age? You were top in ur class and always wanted to be a medical doctor. Can the frustration within you be averted especially when you have classmates who also have aged fathers and were able to agree alternative arrangements with them, but ur own father refused to work anything out and insist you must stop school as his time on earth is very limited.

How would you feel? Remember he seems to have very valid reasons.

Wonderful analysis

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by skydeep(f): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
bukatyne:

You mean it is a slim chance for a career woman to have a happy home
Affirmative. Erm...it all depends on your understanding of " career woman" undecided
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Kimoni: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Wonderful analysis

Tnx
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by lawrenceunaa: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
These are some of the reasons men want house wives
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by duni04(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nope. Its one or the other, its always a choice.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by biafranqueen: 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Question:

Does Today's Woman Have The Energy, Flexibility And Tools To Keep A Career And Family Equally Successful.

My Answer:

Before you and you Spouse marry this should be a topic of discussion. My husband and I discussed it the first month we met.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by jennygovy(f): 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
nomabeeee:
I hv seen and met women who re sucessful in career and in marriage..and by Gods grace am going dt same way too..not easy shaa buh all one needs is determination,hardwork,perseverance..and an understanding husband..meanwhile its vry necessary to share ur visions wt a man b4 u guys get married..let it just be dt the man knows what the futuree lies for both of u..and also to know if u guys re headed for the same direction...and I strongly believe dt building a happy family should involve both parties ie couple..its not only the duty of the woman..the man should hv a role to play..my opinion though..
word!

2 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
zeb04:
Asking someone to quit their is to the extreme.

Why do we take decisions without considering the other party.is it only the woman's duty to bring joy into the family, .......weren't our mother's successful family and carrier women .

You don't ask someone to make sacrifice you know you cannot do youself and marriages don't just pack up because of someone's ambition.

We all have purposes,ambitions,goals in life and we can do that carrying everyone along.
carrier women indeed...they are different.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by morbid: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
4where
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Truckpusher(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yes, but not these ones in NL.

Yes I said it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
I was thinking the question to be pondered on should be what type of job is safe and healthy for the married women?

2 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by sekzy99(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Acidosis(m): 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
chaircover:

Are you saying that the fish seller who wakes up at 3am to catch the 4am danfo to badagry to buy fish, comes back home to Barracks to smoke the fish, then sells them at Iyana Iba market in the afternoon and the night market at okoko is not a career woman?

People think carrer woman and automatically think of the women holding board positions and wearing skirt suits. . . . .

A lot of women are out there providing for their familes and many just dont have choices especially in a place like Nigeria where there is no welfare state for widows, divorcess etc

Nice

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by zeb04(f): 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
kuderrich:
yimu
what the hell is that
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by xynerise: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
This is where gender equality should be accepted.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by pembisco(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
stuuupiid ladies here claiming gender equality. ..that a woman shouldn't quit her job to have time for her family. later the same shiiity ladies will start claiming the weaker sex and need special treatment. I'm disappointed in some of you here, western life has curupt your mind, you've lost your real African upbringing. imagine a doctor husband and wife as a banker, you mean the husband can't tell her to quit just to have time for the kids? nonsense
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by xynerise: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
pembisco:
stuuupiid ladies here claiming gender equality. ..that a woman shouldn't quit her job to have time for her family. later the same shiiity ladies will start claiming the weaker sex and need special treatment. I'm disappointed in some of you here, western life has curupt your mind, you've lost your real African upbringing. imagine a doctor husband and wife as a banker, you mean the husband can't tell her to quit just to have time for the kids? nonsense
Bros, take a chill pill biko grin

5 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by goke4all(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
This topic needs to be dimensioned properly.

What is the nature of the job and the benefit accrued from it.

What living standard do you both want for your kids and the family.

Is it all about luxury and status for you and what bring you both fulfilment in life.

Personally, I don't support a sit at home wife but not a Lagos wife that leaves by 5.30am and return by 10pm.

The role of the father cannot be equated with that of the woman if we want to be realistic and follow law of nature.

My wife and I presently did a scientific analysis to take this decision.

Once you two understand each other, a scientific analysis will solve this challenge.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by darlenese(f): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
The truth is that u can't be a Career woman run ur family successfully, who takes care of ur kids when u leave home early and return late? Does ur hubby n kids get the attention that they require of u? Can u sincerely say u are training of kids wen it's an house help that takes care of them frm dawn till dusk,

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by pembisco(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
xynerise:

Bros, take a chill pill biko grin
there comments de vex me aswear, most comments from the ladies depicts àrrogance and such ladies hardly make a good home. peak of your carrier ko, continue searching for vanity while your home is collapsing gradually and before you know it, your hubby has found someone to keep busy since you claim you don't have time.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
pembisco:

there comments de vex me aswear, most comments from the ladies depicts àrrogance and such ladies hardly make a good home. peak of your carrier ko, continue searching for vanity while your home is collapsing gradually and before you know it, your hubby has found someone to keep busy since you claim you don't have time.

There are many housewives whose husbands still cheat on so busy spouse or not a cheat is a cheat

10 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by sarutobie(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
I look at my mum, and I say a big YES!

4 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by aderonila18: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Many of our mothers did it so why not

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Lilimax(f): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
nomabeeee:
One advice for career women:don't just put ur family/marriage behind bc u re pursing ur career..let ur family come first all the time..create time for ur family..
Correct! I didn't pick certain job simply because it'll affect my home front negatively smiley I told myself the truth from day one...

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Bibol(f): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
As much as I support a woman achieving her goals in life after graduating from school, common sense has to be applied. There is a time for everything. I believe that when your kids are still very young, they need you around them.
Kids need both parents but in reality, both of them can't be present all the time considering the current economy of this country. If it means taking up a less demanding job till they become teens, I feel its still okay.

Not every woman has the flair or passion for business and not everyone can be a sit-at-home mom. A less demanding job can solve the problem for her to be able to effectively manage her time. This also doesn't stop the man from being available whenever he can. At least, let him try his best too because it's all for the betterment of his family.

Whether we like it or not, women are expected to make certain sacrifices and that's just the bitter truth but it will pay off eventually when your kids grow up and they turn out to be well-behaved. You can't leave it all in the hands of house helps. Certain jobs may not give you that luxury of time and may require you to travel a lot.

That said, as they grow older and become independent, she can begin to pursue her dreams and aim higher. Nothing stops her from doing that as long as she has a supportive husband. It all boils down to wisdom, time management, understanding and proper planning for the future. That is why before a lady gets married, she should have a definite short term and long term goal for her life, and not leave things to chance.

My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by sarutobie(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Bibol:
As much as I support a woman achieving her goals in life after graduating from school, common sense has to be applied. There is a time for everything. I believe that when your kids are still very young, they need you around them.
Kids need both parents but in reality, both of them can't be present all the time considering the current economy of this country. If it means taking up a less demanding job till they become teens, I feel its still okay.

Not every woman has the flair or passion for business and not everyone can be a sit-at-home mom. A less demanding job can solve the problem for her to be able to effectively manage her time. This also doesn't stop the man from being available whenever he can. At least, let him try his best too because it's all for the betterment of his family.

Whether we like it or not, women are expected to make certain sacrifices and that's just the bitter truth but it will pay off eventually when your kids grow up and are well-behaved. You can't leave it all in the hands of house helps.
That said, as they grow older and become independent, she can begin to pursue her dreams. Nothing stops her from doing that as long as she has a supportive husband. It all boils down to wisdom, time management, understanding and proper planning for the future. That is why before a lady gets married, she should have a definite short term and long term goal for her life, and not leave things to chance.

My opinion though
an opinion well received.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Timijo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
If they really want to have happy families, they can have. But nollywood women are not good examples.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by daey118(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
skydeep:

She is busy woman grin
Okay. So we men know about career women. But no vex o .I just wan ask ni. Which one is "busy" woman again baayi? Abi isit noh work all of them dey work ? O_o

2 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by nebukadnezzari(m): 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
MOST CAREER WOMEN I KNOW GIVE BIRTH TO MORALLY bleeped UP KIDS WHY?BECAUSE THEY WERE BUSY BUILDING SOMEONES DREAM AT THE EXPENCE OF THEIR HOME.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Gadgetmobil(m): 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
OK
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
skydeep:
I chose women as the subject because they are the pillar of the house. Shaky pillars is a warning to a catastrophic occurrence of a building. Today's women are really focused on their careers more than their families . An instance is the trend, or can I say the norm of celebrities especially the women having failed marriages. Does that mean our women have lost the motherhood qualities? They embrace their careers so much that it almost choke. Where is the love for the family?

I have a friend who was filing for divorce just because her husband asked her to quit her job and concentrate on building the joy back to their family.
There are things we just have to compromise for the sake of the future of our children.

Yes I support the woman's decision to file for a divorce. It is a two way street yknow bringing joy back into family. So she should be a house wife devoid of any ambition but child rearing and watching her man come home late Rom work every day having passed by some cheap hoes thighs spending all he has on bringing joy into other women's bank account. Heck no. Women can li r happy live with a good career a good husband and a good family. I know so cos my wife works and she is ambitious and our kids love her well. This story are for African women who live under the stereotype umbrella that they are not created whole but cut from Adam therefore they must assume the position

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.