Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,984 members, 7,956,671 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds (5630 Views)

Just Another Day At Mcdonalds-black Woman / Photo Of Man Going Under His Bride In A Wedding Reception / Whose Name Should Comes First On A Wedding Invitation.(bride's Or Groom'name). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by H2O2: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2008
Why are you bringing hell into this?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by sexyLeamon(f): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2008
I mean no not possible never
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2008
@topic
Is this a joke? cheesy
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Ndipe(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2008
Nothing wrong with it, at least the couple are not pretentious, unlike some of us who would go a-borrowing to impress and then subsist on garri three times a day while trying to pay off our bills.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2008
Ndipe:

Nothing wrong with it, at least the couple are not pretentious, unlike some of us who would go a-borrowing to impress and then subsist on garri three times a day while trying to pay off our bills.

My brother abeg there's something wrong with it.
Is it by force to have a wedding and a reception?
can't they have a barbecue in their backyard?
can't they rent an apartment clubhouse for $50 deposit ?
this is so tacky
what  reasonable couple will have a weding reception at a fast food joint
ghetto fabulous
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Sauron1: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

this is so tacky
ghetto fabulous

ROFLMAO. grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Ndipe(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

this is so tacky
ghetto fabulous

Who are you to make decisions for those couple? This is a free world, and it's their right to host their wedding reception at Macdonalds as they deem fit to do so. If you have a problem with it, then file a complaint with the authorities. And to remind you, others might lump your idea that the couple could 'have a barbecue in the backyard, " in the same category as hosting it at Macdonalds. Dont judge!
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
Ndipe:

Who are you to make decisions for those couple? This is a free world, and it's their right to host their wedding reception at Macdonalds as they deem fit to do so. If you have a problem with it, then file a complaint with the authorities. And to remind you, others might lump your idea that the couple could 'have a barbecue in the backyard, " in the same category as hosting it at Macdonalds. don't judge!

Certainly a free world I agree until you shout fire on a campus hallway
You'll find out some words are better kept to yaself.
I certainly have a right to my opinions and I repeat
This is extremely tacky.
How filing a complaint came into this discussion beats me
Nigerians and sue madness lipsrsealed
They did it for publicity and here we are talking about it.
I guess they achieved their aim
You can go to Trafalgar square and hold your reception and feed on pigeon food and drink from the pond
It won't stop me from saying how stupid the stunt is
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by whatever90(f): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

this is so tacky[b]
what  reasonable couple will have a weding reception at a fast food joint[/b]
ghetto fabulous

ah nwando ,na today,go to naija naaa,u will see a lot of them holding their receptions at mr biggs and co grin grin grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2008
whatever90:

ah nwando ,na today,go to naija naaa,u will see a lot of them holding their receptions at mr biggs and co grin grin grin

Eziokwu?
Tufiakwa
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2008
WTF!!

That is some bleeped up shit!!

Mcdonalds??  shocked   shocked  Was that dude high on pot or what??

Let me guess, the wedding was prolly at a drive thru chapel somewhere in cali right??

Imagine having my reception in Mr. Biggs or Kilimajaro.  [size=18pt]HELLS NO!![/size]
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by tope2000(f): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2008
Okija_juju:

WTF!!

That is some bleeped up shit!!

Mcdonalds?? shocked shocked Was that dude high on pot or what??

Let me guess, the wedding was prolly at a drive through chapel somewhere in cali right??

Imagine having my reception in Mr. Biggs or Kilimajaro. [size=18pt]HELLS NO!![/size]

Rofl . . . . grin grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by debosky(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2008
There's nothing wrong with it in my opinion - it may be 'ghetto fabulous' but still they look happy and contented with their wedding.

People need to get out of this thinking that gets so many people in debt - live within your means! If I like Micky Dees and my friends like it too, why can't we do our reception there? As long as they are happy with it, I see nothing wrong with it.

It may not be the classiest of weddings, but like someone said, an elaborate reception is not a determinant of a long and happy marriage. I actually respect the bride for accepting such a wedding - it shows she's in love enough to overlook some expenses they might not be able to afford.

Let this be a lesson to the borrowing till you're broke marriage folk in Nigeria who end up building up debts to impress nobodies.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2008
akatas eh? what a surprise

since when does having a tacky wedding equate to everyone else's wedding being on debt?

if you like burgers that much, get a box full and have them grill them at your place and serve your guest

why have it at the joint itself

who was the priest? Ronald McDonald abi Hamburgler?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by debosky(m): 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2008
Who defines 'tacky'? undecided

This is the major problem of Nigerians - the need to look good to others or meet up with some supposed societal standards.

The fact that you would not have such a wedding does not make theirs tacky - individuals should be able to do what seems suitable to them without these crass judgment calls from people.

Granted not everyone else who does weddings that are supposedly not 'tacky' runs into debt, but this is a marked departure from the overly showy African/black celebration - we'd rather over spend and unduly extend ourselves than have a modest celebration. That is what I am getting at - in these austere times, it is a good pointer to people that you can enjoy and celebrate without undue expenditure if you are happy with it.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2008
debosky:

Who defines 'tacky'? undecided

why is it ok for you to look down on black weaves calluing THEM TACKY but we're pretentious for calling a fast food wedding tacky?

Olorun a yo Moyo lowo e tongue
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by 4Play(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2008
God bless the bride. . .that lady is the epitome of womanhood and a true inspiration. In fact,I'm going to save these pictures for future reference.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

akatas eh? what a surprise

since when does having a tacky wedding equate to everyone else's wedding being on debt?

if you like burgers that much, get a box full and have them grill them at your place and serve your guest
why have it at the joint itself

who was the priest? Ronald McDonald abi Hamburgler?

Knowing akatas there probably was some fly by night "minister" that officiated while the beef patties were being thawed.
I won't be surprised if both man and wife are hired hands at that particular joint and got the burgers for free.
The people are pathetic.
Is it by force to have a reception?
The highlighted part is what any man and his bride with a good head on their shoulders would do.
But no
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
Lol

If na Naija chick suggest Mr Biggs, you'd say she's greedy and fat and should have cooked the food herself

You people are such self haters
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

why is it ok for you to look down on black weaves calluing THEM TACKY but we're pretentious for calling a fast food wedding tacky?

Olorun a yo Moyo lowo e  tongue

who called black weaves tacky   Definitely not me - Even if I did, that would be expressing a personal preference, not condemning what someone else thinks is ok for them, and is not in any way affecting the lives of others adversely.

ma worry, Moyo ti ready lati lo si mamaput fun reception.  grin grin grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2008
If I'm that scrapped for cash,I'll cook jollof rice and chicken ,buy a crate of mineral and invite the guests to my home.
4 Play:

God bless the bridethat lady is the epitome of womanhood and a true inspiration. In fact,I'm going to save these pictures for future reference.

If you try that with any girl her mother will place a curse on you that'll follow you till death
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2008
debosky:

who called black weaves tacky   Definitely not me - Even if I did, that would be expressing a personal preference, not condemning what someone else thinks is ok for them, and is not in any way affecting the lives of others adversely.

ma worry, Moyo ti ready lati lo si mamaput fun reception.  grin grin grin

You called blonde weaves on black people "tacky" many times. We too are expressing personal preference that it's a TACKY thing to do for a wedding

mama put ko, alhaji suya ni  tongue
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by whatever90(f): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2008
for real dis couple were quite comfy wt d whole thing,so make una leave them alone abeg

mcdonalds aint ur type no mean say others wont do it there,diff strokes for diff folks
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by 4Play(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

If I'm that scrapped for cash,I'll cook jollof rice and chicken ,buy a crate of mineral and invite the guests to my home.
If you try that with any girl her mother will place a curse on you that'll follow you till death

Cook and invite guests? In this day and age! You can't compare that to a Big Mac Family Meal at £4.99.

That woman will live long. If I find a wife like that,I will be the happiest man on earth.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2008
4 Play:

Cook and invite guests? In this day and age! You can't compare that to a Big Mac Family Meal at £4.99.

That woman will live long. If I find a wife like that,I will be the happiest man on earth. 

Did you notice they didn't even rent the macdonald to themselves
they just walked in and stood in line with other guests?
and shouted out their "number 4" orders
TUFIAKWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people have no shame.
a bride carrying a tray of fries and fanta on her wedding day
Is this how cheap black men have become?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by milknhoney(f): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2008
Personally I feel having my reception at McDonalds is so beneath my vision of a wedding. I mean I don't see why you couldn't atleast had the food (McDonalds) at your house instead of the "actual" restaurant.

I don't think that a person who can't even afford having their once in a lifetime wedding reception should be getting married anyways. I rather wait a year or a few months. So that we could be in the financial arrangement to have a decent civilized wedding reception.

McDonalds, Popeyes, CiCi, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Incredible House of Pancakes, The Waffle House, Chilis, etc. Just don't seem like the Wedding Reception type to me but as another said, different strokes for different folks.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2008
milknhoney:

Personally I feel having my reception at McDonalds is so beneath my vision of a wedding. I mean I don't see why you couldn't atleast had the food (McDonalds) at your house instead of the "actual" restaurant.

I don't think that a person who can't even afford having their once in a lifetime wedding reception should be getting married anyways. I rather wait a year or a few months. So that we could be in the financial arrangement to have a decent civilized wedding reception.

McDonalds, Popeyes, CiCi, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Incredible House of Pancakes, The Waffle House, Chilis, etc. Just don't seem like the Wedding Reception type to me but as another said, different strokes for different folks.

Thank you.

let's call stupidity by it's name when we see it.
there are restaurants like steak houses that have private reception areas for guests where you can reserve and be served.
If you can't afford a reception you can't afford it
period!
taking your guests to Jack in the box or Taco bell in your wedding gown is wrong.
How lower can they go in the class department
where would he take her for their anniversary and valentine?
To a roadside hot dog vendor
Look at the money they spent on wedding gown and renting a tux only to end up at Mickey D's and their slippery floor
If na my daughter,na me and that ye ye son in law grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2008

To a roadside hot dog vendor

now that's a sight to behold grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

now that's a sight to behold grin

The girl has already told the man how cheap she is
If he gives her a pack of bubble gum for an anniversary gift
Or gets her a bunch of flowers uprooted from the cemetery on her birthday,she should never complain
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by osisi6(f): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2008
Imagine when the ocassional marriage katakata will burst and most ladies will be doing shakara expecting to be begged with a precious gift,this man here will just buy her a double cheese burger and she's OK.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by debosky(m): 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2008
The key to milknhoney's post is this

'it is not in HER vision' and 'different strokes for different folks''

For more than 50% of people getting married in America, it's not a 'once in a lifetime' thing, rather it happens 2-3 times so why waste all the money in one go?  grin grin 3 Mickey Dees weddings is more affordable than one Red Lobster one IMO.  tongue  grin

@ Karma

how will you compare blonde extensions  to someone's decision of a venue? I don't eat snakes or frogs, but I won't hold it against those who do - when I feel something is unappealing, that is different from saying someone should not marry unless they have a certain financial ability - they should do what suits them.

It may not agree with your vision, but that doesn't make it wrong
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by 4Play(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

The girl has already told the man how cheap she is
If he gives her a pack of bubble gum for an anniversary gift
Or gets her a bunch of flowers uprooted from the cemetery on her birthday,she should never complain

Who dey even celebrate anniversaries? I thought that McDonald's wedding is the best thing I have seen in a long time. McDonald's is even high brow,what about my local Pakistani fast food joint? That woman is every man's fantasy. The husband doesn't know how lucky he is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any Country In Africa That Does Not Hate Nigerians / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective / Why Do Beautiful Girls End Up With The Less Attractive Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.