Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds (5627 Views)

Just Another Day At Mcdonalds-black Woman / Photo Of Man Going Under His Bride In A Wedding Reception / Whose Name Should Comes First On A Wedding Invitation.(bride's Or Groom'name). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2008
how will you compare blonde extensions  to someone's decision of a venue?

why not? Arent they both doing things people choose to do with their lives?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by RichyBlacK(m): 12:39am On Nov 18, 2008
@post,

There's nothing wrong with it! grin

Gawd, I love this idea o! Wedding reception at McDonald's grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by DavidDylan(m): 12:41am On Nov 18, 2008
Not a bad idea actually. Its sometimes fun to do the unpredictable.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by TOYOSI20(f): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2008
@ Topic,

What can I say with the economy crunch and all, I guess most peeps are just

essentially "cutting their clothes according to their cloths" lipsrsealed shocked shocked
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by RichyBlacK(m): 1:00am On Nov 18, 2008
4 Play:

Who dey even celebrate anniversaries? I thought that McDonald's wedding is the best thing I have seen in a long time. McDonald's is even high brow,what about my local Pakistani fast food joint? That woman is every man's fantasy. The husband doesn't know how lucky he is.

Nodding in agreement!

All these Naija women and so-called class.

Leave all these babes make dem they make noise, the day a celebrity (Gabrielle Union, Rihanna or Halle Berry)  will do her wedding in sealed-off McDonald's, then all of 'em Naija babes will start to think differently.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by RichyBlacK(m): 1:04am On Nov 18, 2008
I notice that most of the guys welcome the idea but most of the babes frown at it.

Why are women so sensitive about a one-day event called "wedding" but many of them don't even know what marriage means and many others are unwilling to put similar interest or make sacrifices in the actual marriage. Show-off freaks! grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 1:05am On Nov 18, 2008
why wouldnt cheap people welcome such a thing?

Not even betta food.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by SisiJinx: 1:08am On Nov 18, 2008
@ Topic
Only McDonalds, why don't we just kukuma get mats, lay it by the roadside and feast off the leftover from passing motorists.

Nonsense!! angry
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by H2O2: 1:10am On Nov 18, 2008
Sisi, why is it nonsense undecided

The couple looks happy.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by DavidDylan(m): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2008
H2O2:

Sisi, why is it nonsense undecided

The couple looks happy.

and that's all that matters. Its the significance not the event.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 18, 2008
You guys and your naughty Naija women comments.

I don't really care about what others think but what a celebrity does can never be a determinant of what I as a naija woman should do.

RichyBlacK:

I notice that most of the guys welcome the idea but most of the babes frown at it.

Why are women so sensitive about a one-day event called "wedding" but many of them don't even know what marriage means and many others are unwilling to put similar interest or make sacrifices in the actual marriage. Show-off freaks! grin

And why are you guys behaving as if a wedding in Mcdonalds is the road to happiness?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 1:17am On Nov 18, 2008
stillwater:

I don't really care about what others think but what a celebrity does can never be a determinant of what I as a naija woman would do.

Most of them are dating teenagers hence the retarded comments

wetin concern grown person with what wedding Rhianna or Miley Cyrus has
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by SisiJinx: 1:27am On Nov 18, 2008
Let’s see, after dodging several bad relationship bullets, you finally meet the person you love, someone you see yourself spending the rest of your life with. . . And you choose to celebrate the moment in a fast food joint?

Seriously??!
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Let’s see, after dodging several bad relationship bullets, you finally meet the person you love, someone you see yourself spending the rest of your life with. . . And you choose to celebrate the moment in a fast food joint?

Seriously??!

must be the apple pie grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by nguage(m): 1:30am On Nov 18, 2008
Bleep McDonalds, I went there yesterday to get that new triple cheeseburger crap because they were selling 2 for $3, I ate two of that shit yesterday and I'm still feeling bloated. Just for me to come to Nairaland and find people talking about them again. UGRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by DavidDylan(m): 1:31am On Nov 18, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Seriously??!

what's wrong with it? People get married in hot air balloons, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde exchanged vows in an aircraft . . . as long as the couple is happy with doing something a little out of the ordinary then let them be. millions of weddings that were "celebrated" in more fancy places and disolved within 2 yrs.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by H2O2: 1:32am On Nov 18, 2008
DavidDylan:

what's wrong with it? People get married in hot air balloons, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde exchanged vows in an aircraft . . . as long as the couple is happy with doing something a little out of the ordinary then let them be. millions of weddings that were "celebrated" in more fancy places and disolved within 2 years.
Yup.
People mistakenly confuse money and elegance with contentment and happiness.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by SisiJinx: 1:33am On Nov 18, 2008
stillwater:

And why are you guys behaving as if a wedding in Mcdonalds is the road to happiness?

Lmoa! I'm still laughing at 4 Play's comment! He's practically put the bride on a pedestal and I'm almost certain if he could, he would put her up for sainthood!

I doubt any girl here is asking for a bank breaking wedding. . . Just something respectable! grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 18, 2008
n-guage:

mess McDonalds, I went there yesterday to get that new triple cheeseburger crap because they were selling 2 for $3, I ate two of that shit yesterday and I'm still feeling bloated. Just for me to come to Nairaland and find people talking about them again. UGRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol, onye oriri cheesy
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Sauron1: 1:34am On Nov 18, 2008
There's nuthing wrong with having a wedding reception at McDonalds??
If the couple, bridal train and guests are comfy, whatz the fuss about?
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by DavidDylan(m): 1:36am On Nov 18, 2008
McDonalds is respectable . . . depends on who is doing the judging.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 18, 2008
H2O2:

Yup.

It doesn't mean this Mcdonald wedding would last either.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by LadyT(f): 1:37am On Nov 18, 2008
My only concern would be the amount of food the greedy nigerians will devour!

After Iya Sikira and co wolf down 20 shicken nuggets each you will know it would of been cheaper to cook rice!

grin
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by nguage(m): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2008
@ TOPIC, I don't think it's right, you're basically telling the woman "Bitch, this is all you're worth."
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by KarmaMod(f): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2008
Screw McDonalds, its all about Wendys.

LadyT:

!After Iya Sikira and co wolf down 20 shicken nuggets each you will know it would of been cheaper to cook rice!

True that.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Sauron1: 1:43am On Nov 18, 2008
n-guage:

@ TOPIC, I don't think it's right, you're basically telling the woman "Bitch, this is all you're worth."

So u would rather apply for a car loan to fund your wedding if u don't have money??
Why are Nigerians this flamboyant??
How many of the people bawling here would get to do their reception in a place as decent as McDonalds??
Is it not better than putting tents Secondary school's football pitch like many people do in Lagos??
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by SisiJinx: 1:43am On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

must be the apple pie  grin

And the Oreo cookies Sundae  grin grin

DavidDylan:

what's wrong with it? People get married in hot air balloons, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde exchanged vows in an aircraft . . . as long as the couple is happy with doing something a little out of the ordinary then let them be. millions of weddings that were "celebrated" in more fancy places and disolved within 2 years.

H2O2:

Yup.

Neither does cheap and tacky!

. . . .  which kinda begs the question - Why are we arguing? Different strokes for different folks, right? So the fact that some of us won't go that route does not make us less virtous women. grin grin

And who knows maybe the blew all their savings on the wedding gown, that's why they are doing Mickey Ds  tongue
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by SisiJinx: 1:46am On Nov 18, 2008
I will take the local park with the hard chairs over McDonalds ANY DAY!!!
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by jgirl3: 1:47am On Nov 18, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

And who knows maybe the blew all their savings on the wedding gown, that's why they are doing Mickey Ds  tongue
Exactly!
I just don't know why they didn't get a hall and ask Mickey D's to cater the event. What even happened to the rest of the guests?

Popeye's is so cool because they cater too and they are cheap.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by nguage(m): 1:48am On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

So u would rather apply for a car loan to fund your wedding if u don't have money??
Why are Nigerians this flamboyant??
How many of the people bawling here would get to do their reception in a place as decent as McDonalds??
Is it not better than putting tents Secondary school's football pitch like many people do in Lagos??
I'm not saying anyone needs to take a car loan, how about you both do just the legal stuff until you have enough money? Trust me, marraige is once in a lifetime (at least for you monogamous folks) and people should try to do it well.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by LoveAlways(f): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2008
LOL  cheesy  They make a cute couple.
Re: Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds by Sauron1: 1:51am On Nov 18, 2008
n-guage:

I'm not saying anyone needs to take a car loan, how about you both do just the legal stuff until you have enough money? Trust me, marraige is once in a lifetime (at least for you monogamous folks) and people should try to do it well.

Different strokes for different folks.

People have different priorities.
Some believe in spending lavishly on a wedding and taking Garri after while some people would have a low key wedding and feed comfortably after the wedding ceremony.
People should just stick to what makes em comfy.

Sisi Jinx:

I will take the local park with the hard chairs over McDonalds ANY DAY!!!

tsk. . . . . . .tsk!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any Country In Africa That Does Not Hate Nigerians / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective / Names Of Animals In Ebira Language :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.