Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (76042 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene be fired if Arsenal does not win anything this season?

Yes: 37% (56 votes)
No: 53% (79 votes)
Undecided: 9% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ndumart: 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2008
Eboue's jazz don dey fade for the fans eyes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
The first factual post match conference in a long while:

On Eboue's late substitution,
"Yes it was a difficult decision. I felt he had completely lost his confidence and could not keep the ball anymore. Of course then he became a danger. I feel it was very sad but aswell i think the most important thing is that we won the game, whether he played a minute more or less at the end of the day it doesn't make a difference.

"I think when you are a fan you are behind your players and that is what you want them to do. On the other hand I believe that Eboue will come back and show how good a player he is. For me that has happened on every pitch in the whole world and the same fans will applaud him when he comes back and plays well.

"We started to lose balls in the middle of the park. I want to show him nothing, I want to win the game. Do you really think I am at the stage where i want to show a player something? What would I want to show him? I just think that it could have put our 90 minutes hard work in trouble and you want to save the game. He would be the first unhappy one if he loses the ball because it makes him lose confidence and the team can drop points.

"He is a sensitive boy who wants to do well and cares about the club. He was tired because he didn't play for a month and on top of that it is difficult when you have the crowd on your back. You do not want the fans to do it but if you say to do they have the right legally to do it, then of course they do."

On ever taking such measures before,
"I don't remember because my memory is not perfect enough. I just felt it got to a point. I wanted to keep the player on to get the boos right, but when it goes as far as that it becomes a danger for the result and it is a relief for the player to come off.

Eboue just confirmed his royal highness mofo1 of arsene's team bar none!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
Very patchy game we got the three points and thats all that matters i would not cuss or rave or naah maybe i will because even the fans are getting frustrated the team is not even playing the so-called sexy footie anymore we need a winger come January we simply cannot continue with this Denilson and Eboue on the flank business i mean a winger is supposed to be able to take on defenders and back to Eboue i would firstly blame Wenger for playing this dude out of position that he is being played on the right wing is not bad enough now he decided to move him to the left but with that being said Eboue was just straight up pathetic i think his clowning is becoming very expensive and the boos where not sufficient someone should have thrown him a coin or something i mean what if Wigan had scored with that turnover?Toure was charging forward telling you to move for a potential attack and you don't just stand in his way you give away the ball to a Wigan player to start an attack and he had done that at least three times earlier either failing to control the ball or just giving it away he should shape up or be shipped out ooh these crappy players are not what drew me to Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

Very patchy game we got the three points and thats all that matters i would not cuss or rave or naah maybe i will because even the fans are getting frustrated the team is not even playing the so-called sexy footie anymore we need a winger come January we simply cannot continue with this Denilson and Eboue on the flank business i mean a winger is supposed to be able to take on defenders and back to Eboue i would firstly blame Wenger for playing this dude out of position that he is being played on the right wing is not bad enough now he decided to move him to the left but with that being said Eboue was just straight up pathetic i think his clowning is becoming very expensive and the boos where not sufficient someone should have thrown him a coin or something i mean what if Wigan had scored with that turnover?Toure was charging forward telling you to move for a potential attack and you don't just stand in his way you give away the ball to a Wigan player to start an attack and he had done that at least three times earlier either failing to control the ball or just giving it away he should shape up or be shipped out ooh these crappy players are not what drew me to Arsenal

I wonder o.Can't one just watch an arsenal without havin the 4 chambers of ur heart gettin over-worked?
Even the crowd @ emirate is beginning to thin out
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2008
MrCrackles:

who show u I'm birth certificate?!

that guy don dance bobaraba tire grin

anyway glad we won today tongue
i have it tongue tongue tongue

Agreed Eboue messes up but he is not the only one, its enuff slating now na undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2008
@kay_pumpin
Its true now what are the fans going to cheer with the way these lads have been playing these days? I would lose my mind if we don't get a winger by January Denilson and Eboue cannot continue at the flanks Diaby is too slow for that position as well and Nasri is too injury-prone with Rosicky and Walcott out for a while we need an alternative plan and buying come January is the only sensible plan i see
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

@kay_pumpin
Its true now what are the fans going to cheer with the way these lads have been playing these days? I would lose my mind if we don't get a winger by January Denilson and Eboue cannot continue at the flanks Diaby is too slow for that position as well and Nasri is too injury-prone with Rosicky and Walcott out for a while we need an alternative plan and buying come January is the only sensible plan i see

I hope Arsene knows he's got a paper-thin and feather-weight team.
He needs to bring in a defender and at least a natural winger.Someone
with pace and who can run at opposing team.I wouldn't mind that boy
Afellay
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2008
I agree Compadres i wonder why he is making things so hard for himself when a few buys would solve the matter everyone and their grandma knows Arsenal has a thin squad God forbid what happens if our Quarter back captain gets injured how do we organize our attack?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2008
Still on the Eboue's issue!

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1142&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

I do not even want to imagine Fab getting injured.Me think Wenger's just taking too much risks with his tight handness.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:49pm On Dec 06, 2008
Its gotten to that point that i think this man needs some pressure put on his ass i mean the drop in quality of the players we had in Arsenal is almost depressing from wingers like Overmars and Pires to mofo's like Eboue something is a bit wrong ooh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by omitutu: 11:35am On Dec 07, 2008
I no understand Arsenal fans oo. . .

This Eboue chap has so much upside.

I actually feel he is a better offensive threat
at right back than Sagna.

Sagna's preference is to run straight down
the line, while Eboue doesn't mind drifting inside
making him a lot less predictable.

Believe it or not I think he is a better prospect on the right
wing than Walcott, who himself has a penchant for obstinately
going down the line, Eboue's one two game is pretty good, he
doesn't mind taking an opponent on as well.

So kini big deal. . . .

He has largely been a victim of his own versatility I feel.

I hope Arsene sticks with him, cause I feel he has the
ability to prove his doubters wrong.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:49am On Dec 07, 2008
Really, just like I said before,
While Eboue ain't a favourite of mine,the spectator's conduct was disgraceful.
I don't have great pleasure in saying this, but I haven't seen that sort of behaviour at the bridge or O.T.
Ever seen the Kop boo their player
Eboue is a decent right back and at best should be a good cover for Sagna
But really, whenever he gets played out of position,I put the blame on AW for that.
What should Eboue really do?
Tell the gaffer that he won't be played out of position??
I am not holding brief for Eboue
But he was hard done yesterday by the Spectators.!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Vieira(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2008
On Eboue:

What happened yesterday has been brewing for a while. Eboue has always been disliked mostly for his falling and feigning injury esp when he could have possibly played and got in a dangerous postion.

He even has an ironic song that is sang by the fans to other visiting fans: "You've only come to see Eboue"

Now with all this in the background he is brought on and has one of the worst game I have ever seen a player have.

At one of his first touches my cousin said loudly to everyone "watch him fall over" and he did exactly that! Everyone laughed at that point.

But as the game went on he just got worse, losing the ball, not being in his position on the wing and then the crowning moment with him running into Toure and making us lose the ball.

When wenger took him off (imagine subbing a sub!) all this and his past lead to those boos. I honestly believe that only one other player would be booed like that (bendneter).

If Nasri, Fabregas, Clichy, Sagna or Johann had a worse game they would not be booed.

For the record I did not boo him when he was subbed but I was frustrated with his bad play, when the boos rang out I felt sorry for him and felt that this could wreck him as a player.

Eboue is something of an ironic cult figure at Arsenal and I think his Arsenal career is now at a crossroads and how he reacts to yesterdays event will define him for the future.

I for one hopes he learns from this and improves as a player and goes on to greater things.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
I actually feel sad for Eboue. (yes unbelievable but true)

I've been on his case all week and he had a few good moments, but in truth his terrible sloppiness in posession nearly cost us three points yesterday.
That said, we should never boo our own player the way the Emirates did y'day, but the truth is like V said, he's had this coming for a while now - all the play acting, slapping opponents and ridiculous antics got many people wondering why he was still at arsenal in the first place.

In my opinion, Kolo was more dangerous to us overall, with that trip INSIDE the box - that was a clear penalty against us that we were fortunate the ref missed (I guess taken in the light of the Nasri pen against Utd and a few others we've not been given it's fair)

All in all, Eboue had a poor game in posession, but he was decent going forward for the most part. No Arsenal player deserves to be booed like that, especially not when the person replacing him is a former scumtwat that shouldn't even be at Arsenal.

Eboue wasn't match fit and was injured for 6 weeks, bringing him on was always going to be a risk. I am not too sure Eboue deserved what happened, AW did something absolutely shocking by taking him off for Silvestre, showing he wanted the points above everything else. I don't quite believe Myles when he says Eboue might not play again - people said the same thing about SONG a few years ago and he's back now.

I personally just feel he needs this kick up the arse to get his game in line - he's been way too comfortable doing a lot of mediocre stuff and getting away with it. I back AW and the squad to get behind Manu and he'll have better games for Arsenal. Long term he's still the best back up for Sagna available, playing as a winger must always be regarded as a secondary position.

All in all, nice to see AW recognise a problem and promptly nip it in the bud; if we did drop points in that game, Eboue would've gotten even worse treatment from the fans.

Gunner 1915 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2008
Yeah,the fans woulda shot him in the left kneecap and bashed his head with a baseball bat grin

Most un-supportive bunch of fans tongue cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2008
Unsupportive? I don't think so - Cesc had a few stinkers this season but no one booed him. So has Clichy and others as well. tongue

The most galling aspect of Eboue's performance was his lackadaisical attitude - he'd lose the ball and place his hands on his hips instead of trudging on and making an effort to reclaim the ball. Fans aren't daft - they know players have occasional bad games. I just think some fans have become fed up with Eboue's antics and AW's insistence on picking players they feel are not good enough for Arsenal.

Like some bloggers said today, the booing was partly directed at AW in the final analysis - Eboue is his player and he's backed him up despite all the nonsense and not forced him to kick out the crap from his game. Long suffering fans that have endured heartwrenching defeats at home this season have a right to expect not to lose a game, especially if the loss can be seen to be coming from one particular player not doing his job.

Again, I don't support the booing, but I do understand where the fans are coming from.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2008
If what the fans did was so wonderful and ''understandable'' why aren't you in support?

The bottom line is, Arsenal fans heartlessly booed an Arsenal player off the pitch at the Emirates. How much more cruel can that get? And,directed at AW indeed!! If that was really the case they coulda easily shouted ''Arsene boooooo" so the man would know the boos were for him.

Even when the Ronaldo/Real drama was on, fans never booed him when he resumed playing for United.

My point is,no matter how lousy a player is,hez still your player. There are better ways of expressing displeasure than outrightly booing the poor dude on home ground in the presence of visitors.

I don't see the sense in you guys defending something you don't even believe in tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2008
debosky:

Unsupportive? I don't think so - Cesc had a few stinkers this season but no one booed him. So has Clichy and others as well.  tongue

Rubbish talks. . . . . .Is that enough to boo your own player at the Emirates.
Arsenal fans have no class(the truth must be told).
Every player at Arsenal have had a stinker this season. . . . . .Fabregas has only scored one goal and 2 assists in 13 league games.
By his high standards, that is a poor return.

Eboue is psychologically damaged. . . . . .I saw him coming off and he kept wiping his face with his sleeves.
Adebayor had to offer few words of encouragement to help lift his spirit.
Arsenal fans are useless worldwide. . . .It was Wenger's fault Eboue was losing the ball. . . . .He lost possession on the left hand side of the pitch.
Why would Wenger stick Eboue on the left? He is right-footed. . . . .By the time he shifts the ball to his right to make a pass, opponents close him down and dispossess him. . . . . . .How was that his fault?? Instead of the spastic, obnoxious and priggish GAYnners to blame their pedophile manager, they took their sexual frustrations out on ma darling Eboue. . . .

Bleep u NINNIES. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Emperoh(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2008
Chei
Imagine subbing a substitute shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyway, i don't think he should be booed whatever he may have done
Its this kind of little support that ups a palyers confidence which the Arsenal side from wherever they can get it
AW needs to review his transfer policy
I don't see why Eboue should be relieved of the Right full back position even if Sagna was better
More like asking Brown to play at 2 and then Gary to 7
Both should be made to fight for that position. Or better still converted to a central defender
Going forward, Eboue hasn't the guile and technical intuition of an attacking mid fielder

Let Kolo and AW thank their stars the penalty wasn;t given
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
Emperoh:

Chei
Imagine subbing a substitute shocked shocked shocked shocked

That is a not a new thing! undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2008
Eboue was atrocious but i don't agree with the dickhead supporters who were booing him!

Instead i think Arsene Wenger should be the one taking the flack for making a fool of the poor fella

It must have been torrid for him

To have ur own fans turn behind you is not a good thing for any player

Arsene Wenger should have let him have a run to build up his fitness and sharpness in the reserves before plunging him into the deep end

We had other substitute on the bench who would have fitted in to solve the tactical move but he chose to push a dude who has been out for long in

In as much as i don't like Eboue as a player, i still don't agree with the supporters and i instead blame Arsene Wenger!!!

Pathetic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by SADIYA610(f): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2008
Up GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2008
Thank you Brash.

Better than these fellow Arses of yours that are still trying to defend the booing despite not being in support. Na wa grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2008
it was really bad embarassed In as much as i know Eboue can be a big baby at times and he can do crazy stuffs. everyone else has done that at one point or the other.

Those booing him can they even kick lime angry angry na only English fans go do that tongue tongue tongue

i felt really bad for him sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2008
mukina2:

it was really bad embarassed In as much as i know Eboue can be a big baby at times and he can do crazy stuffs. everyone else has done that at one point or the other.

Those booing him can they even kick lime angry angry na only English fans go do that tongue tongue tongue

i felt really bad for him sad sad sad

Honest people here. . . . . .At least someone has admitted GAYnners at the Emirates are serial w@nkers!!!
How can u boo your own player? His diving got Arsenal their ONLY GOAL in the final of the Champions League.
Eboue is priceless(dramatics aside). . . . . .He is an utility player for Arsenal!!! Everyone gets a bad game every now and then!!!
Clichy, Cesc, RVP and others have had worse games than Eboue did yesterday. . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Honest people here. . . . . .At least someone has admitted GAYnners at the Emirates are serial w@nkers!!!
How can u boo your own player? His diving got Arsenal their ONLY GOAL in the final of the Champions League.
Eboue is priceless(dramatics aside). . . . . .He is an utility player for Arsenal!!! Everyone gets a bad game every now and then!!!
Clichy, Cesc, RVP and others have had worse games than Eboue did yesterday. . . . . . .

This is what you like grin grin so you can come and rub it in well tongue

i 'll have to agree with you too, it was really pathetic, booing ur own player has its after effects oh . .

I mean Ronnie the diver doesnt get booed by scummies, Drogba? undecided i think i heard he got booed but am not sure undecided

Eboue nor cry ok? kiss grin grin
leave them alone, score the next match and when they start yelling, give em the finger grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2008
mukina2:

This is what you like grin grin so you can come and rub it in well tongue

I am a religious ANTI-Gaynner. . . . . . .I hate ARSENAL with all ma HEART. grin

i 'll have to agree with you too, it was really pathetic, booing ur own player has its after effects oh . .

Your fans were pathetic last night. . . . . .

I mean Ronnie the diver doesnt get booed by scummies, Drogba? undecided i think i heard he got booed but am not sure undecided

Boo Ronaldo?? He is better than any player that has ever played for Arsenal.
He is the only player that can score 20 own goals at OT and still get cheered.
Ronaldo is the best player in the world. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2008
Comot dere tongue

some not all , grin

Please let him try it grin they will fry his legs grin even ur v ballers go unscathed sad thats why the Fa came to Evra's rescue sad grin grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2008
Cristalz:

If what the fans did was so wonderful and ''understandable'' why aren't you in support?

The bottom line is, Arsenal fans heartlessly booed an Arsenal player off the pitch at the Emirates. How much more cruel can that get? And,directed at AW indeed!! If that was really the case they coulda easily shouted ''Arsene boooooo" so the man would know the boos were for him.

Even when the Ronaldo/Real drama was on, fans never booed him when he resumed playing for United.

My point is,no matter how lousy a player is,hez still your player. There are better ways of expressing displeasure than outrightly booing the poor dude on home ground in the presence of visitors.

I don't see the sense in you guys defending something you don't even believe in tongue

Criz, don't force me to enrol you in grammar school with Hemperror grin

The fact that it is[i] understandable [/i]doesn't mean I should agree with it. The underlying dissatisfaction of the fans - that is understandable. Arsenal charge the most expensive tickets on the planet, the least they deserve is players giving their HEART on the pitch. Like I said earlier, maybe booing was not the right response, but that they were pissed off, and rightly so, was very understandable.

No one is saying a player must be superb in every game, but he must give his heart each time! He is our player, and even with all the nonsense he says, Fans still love him enough to sing a song about him like V said.

I don't think there is anything wrong with fans expressing their views about a player, but not in such a manner. The truth is that SONG got the same treatment and he improved. Even Ade got some light stick after the summer nonsense but now it's all love again.

For the last time, the booing wasn't because of the poor game he had, it was his stinking attitude! Work hard to remedy mistakes and you won't get such treatment. We all know the mistakes Clichy has made this season, but you can NEVER question his heart, which is why fans love him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2008
I missed this. . . .

~Sauron~:

How was that his fault?? Instead of the spastic, obnoxious and priggish GAYnners to blame their pedophile manager, they took their sexual frustrations out on ma darling Eboue. . . .

shocked shocked grin grin grin

Sharon and Eboue sitting on a tree. . . . . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2008
Another 3 pts, very good
i think the booing of eboue was just a reaction to the frustrations which have been felt by the fans they just had to vent it

we have porto -> boro -> villa and portsmouth this month

i am hoping against hope we can scale thru as villa are just brimming with confidence and remember theyve already thrashed us.
Boro needs the points while pompey will not just sit down there (tony adams is learning quickly on the jon he had a decent game against milan)

na wa o
the good news for me now is that i think a toure - djorou CB combo is ok and what they need now is midfield cover
song is still prone to deadly mistakes
denilson seems tp be playiing his natural position as a free roamer giving nice passes , can we really have 2 fabregases in the team? undecided

if only our backline were like the scums own i will be so happy
yes u guys have a beautiful back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2008
debosky:

I missed this. . . .

shocked shocked grin grin grin

Sharon and Eboue sitting on a tree. . . . . grin

k-I-S-S-I-N-G grin grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (99)

Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.