Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,193 members, 7,864,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (59996 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2009
who is this dehydrated being here, trying to be recognised,

[b]CHELSEA NEWS
Anelka predicts English treble in Europe
January 22, 2009

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes his team will beat Juventus in their Champions League last-16 clash - and that Manchester United and Arsenal will have similar success against Italian opposition.

United face Inter Milan, while Arsenal take on Roma and Anelka is confident it will be the English sides who reach the quarter-finals rather than their Serie A counterparts.

However, the France forward is well aware that Chelsea will have to contain the threat of his former international team-mate David Trezeguet who is back playing after a lengthy injury lay-off.

"It's really bad news for us," Anelka told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I admire David, a goalscorer like few others, he was born to score. If you give him half a chance in the area he will take it.

"It's going to be a very tough match, Juve are a really top team. Against Italian sides it's always hard, tactically they're the best in Europe.

"If Chelsea don't find their feet, don't score a goal, we will be risking a lot. We have to score in the first leg, and especially not concede, so we can play for it all in Turin.

"Juve are right up there with Inter. (Alessandro) Del Piero is an inexhaustible talent. (Pavel) Nedved, (Gianluigi) Buffon, all of them.

"To beat this Juve, Chelsea have to put the maximum effort in."

He added: "If I had to bet though I think it will end 3-0 to the English sides. Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal will all progress.

"Just look at history. But anything can happen."

Anelka currently heads the Premier League goalscoring charts with 14 - needing three more to match his season's best at Manchester City and Arsenal.

However, Chelsea have shown signs of faltering in the league and the recent 3-0 loss to Manchester United saw them slip to third spot.

Anelka knows the team cannot afford any more mistakes.

"We're two points off United and Liverpool, the race is very open," he said. "But it is a very hard race.

"Up until now we've had bad games against United, Liverpool and Arsenal. It's obvious that we can't continue dropping points against our direct rivals, otherwise we can say goodbye to the title.

"On February 1 at Anfield we have to absolutely beat Liverpool."

Recent reports have hinted that Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari's job could be on the line, but Anelka insists the former Portugal coach is the right man for the job.

"He's Brazilian: he wants good football, attacking football, which is ideal for me." added the 29-year-old. "But he has only just arrived in England. He's still learning, English football is not like that of Brazil or Portugal."[/b]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2009
are we to conclude then that chelsea will
1. sell cudi for 1 mil
2. sell malouda for 9 mil
3. trade DD for Robby with city?

Are these good or bad signs?

Where do all these papers get their info from sef?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2009
Its take over time so says Soccernet. Man city tycoon to take over chelsea with some german investors.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=612007&sec=england&cc=5739
Both Liverpool and Chelsea have been linked with possible takeovers. Liverpool's American owners are reportedly in discussions with the Kuwaiti Al-Kharafi family over a possible £500m takeover. Meanwhile, the Arab tycoon behind the takeover of Manchester City is working with a group of German investors and may be ready to launch a takeover bid for Chelsea.
But on reading the whole article, I didnt really see anything about chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
FBS:

3. trade DD for Robby with city?

Are these good or bad signs?
This should be a good one regarding current circumstances. But the same "storming out of camp" earned Gallas is a way out to Hashburton

FBS:

Where do all these papers get their info from sef?
It's speculation-month January!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2009
Mustay:

It's speculation-month January!
me thinks they speculate 365 days. Not only in the month of January.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
This weekend should be fun.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2009
dyabman:

who is this dehydrated being here, trying to be recognised,

[b]CHELSEA NEWS
Anelka predicts English treble in Europe
January 22, 2009

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes his team will beat Juventus in their Champions League last-16 clash - and that Manchester United and Arsenal will have similar success against Italian opposition.

United face Inter Milan, while Arsenal take on Roma and Anelka is confident it will be the English sides who reach the quarter-finals rather than their Serie A counterparts.

However, the France forward is well aware that Chelsea will have to contain the threat of his former international team-mate David Trezeguet who is back playing after a lengthy injury lay-off.

"It's really bad news for us," Anelka told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I admire David, a goalscorer like few others, he was born to score. If you give him half a chance in the area he will take it.

[b]"It's going to be a very tough match, Juve are a really top team. Against Italian sides it's always hard, tactically they're the best in Europe.

"If Chelsea don't find their feet, don't score a goal, we will be risking a lot. We have to score in the first leg, and especially not concede, so we can play for it all in Turin.

"Juve are right up there with Inter. (Alessandro) Del Piero is an inexhaustible talent. (Pavel) Nedved, (Gianluigi) Buffon, all of them.

"To beat this Juve, Chelsea have to put the maximum effort in."[/b]He added: "If I had to bet though I think it will end 3-0 to the English sides. Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal will all progress.

"Just look at history. But anything can happen."

Anelka currently heads the Premier League goalscoring charts with 14 - needing three more to match his season's best at Manchester City and Arsenal.

However, Chelsea have shown signs of faltering in the league and the recent 3-0 loss to Manchester United saw them slip to third spot.

Anelka knows the team cannot afford any more mistakes.

"We're two points off United and Liverpool, the race is very open," he said. "But it is a very hard race.

"Up until now we've had bad games against United, Liverpool and Arsenal. It's obvious that we can't continue dropping points against our direct rivals, otherwise we can say goodbye to the title.

"On February 1 at Anfield we have to absolutely beat Liverpool."

Recent reports have hinted that Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari's job could be on the line, but Anelka insists the former Portugal coach is the right man for the job.

"He's Brazilian: he wants good football, attacking football, which is ideal for me." added the 29-year-old. "But he has only just arrived in England. He's still learning, English football is not like that of Brazil or Portugal."[/b]

EXPECTATIONJPREDICTION-

CHELSEA WILL BE TERMINATED AND SENT OUT OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BY JUVENTUS, CHELSEA WILL DROP MORE POINTS IN THE LEAGUE, CHELSEA WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM FA CUP, CHELSEA WILL BE SOLD,THERE WILL BE MAXIMUM EXODUS & Imbalance in the team and like new castle it will go down, THE CLUB IS DOOMD!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2009
Some one get me McAfee please. . . !!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by manickal(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2009
@switch

see this dumb gay. dont u see nobody has ur time here? do i have to read it out to u that u are being ignored bcuz of ur stupidity? the worst part is that after chelsea defiles all the odds to win the league u will be no  where to be found to eat this bullshyt ur spewing here.  angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2009
manickal:

@switch

see this dumb gay. dont u see nobody has ur time here? do i have to read it out to u that u are being ignored bcuz of ur stupidity? the worst part is that after chelsea defiles all the odds to win the league u will be no where to be found to eat this bullshyt ur spewing here. angry
shooo , who says am here to be replied ? i dont need your attention, because like nateevs said they are too intelligent for a dumb ass person like me to understand, but switch will post all he has got to post, here , your ignoring it wont save chelsea neither will it stop me from celebrating when all comes to pass, grin grin

EXPECTATION PREDICTION-

CHELSEA WILL BE TERMINATED AND SENT OUT OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BY JUVENTUS, CHELSEA WILL DROP MORE POINTS IN THE LEAGUE, CHELSEA WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM FA CUP, CHELSEA WILL BE SOLD,THERE WILL BE MAXIMUM EXODUS & Imbalance in the team and like new castle it will go down, THE CLUB IS DOOMD!!

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
@Switch47
Ok, u've been noticed, now run along and water the flowers
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
HorneyChic:

@Switch47
Ok, u've been noticed, now run along and water the flowers
  grin i wonder what the above statement was meant to serve, things best known to you, honey + Hot = horney chic( you bn miss the spelling of Hot before?) YOU IS HALORT OR PROSTITUTE OR A FLIRTH what manner ofindecent user name , anyway dont waste your precious time replying my posts, they are not worth replying---------just ignore-----simple---I NEED NO NOTICE TO ENJOY MYSELF, afterall you dont know my true identity---i am patiently looking forward to chelseas next loss-----------CHELSEA IS DOOMED!!

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2009
The Chelsea thread is sacred. Haters ain't allowed.
Hope Ipswich wont be a problem tomorrow
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
i hope they wont be a upset for us , but all the way , i think the spirit is back , i love the idea of keep firing from distance , but anelkas shot is too weak , ballack and lampard plsu deco or mikel should get their shot on target okay,

Prediction 3- 0 favour of Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
scolari should give the kids a run.
Stoch, Di Santos and Manci. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
Yes all three are good , especially stoch.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2009
not really bothered 'bout tomorrows match.
I worry 'bout our Feb 1 trip to Anfield
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2009
thats a real worry , but its football,anything can happen.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2009
, Chelsea is worried about ipswich.T  -------no surprise-------Burnley flogged them at home, southend drew with them at home---------so stamford is a place where the fans are in constant fear of any team-------even if the wasted price on lampard can buy the entire oppossing team----------What a waste of cash----with no commensurate result--------------------------Chelsea's exit from the FA CUP will come-----the question is how soon? a per the trip to anfield-----------4get anything good------its all doom and gloom for chelsea this season-----no cup,no silverware--------the chlsea so called fans love saying 'WE' like roman/chelsea  gives a damn if they exist----hahahaha[b] 'WE'[/b] indeed them know you as fan for london WE WHO?the real fans knows themselves in england----mindless escapism
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2009
anyone with the line up? LPS is not a man who gambles but it will be a plus if he can give the young lads a start.
Whichever way, CHELSEA ROCKS!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2009
Chelsea is worried about ipswich.T -------no surprise-------Burnley flogged them at home, southend drew with them at home---------so stamford is a place where the fans are in constant fear of any team-------even if the wasted price on lampard can buy the entire oppossing team----------What a waste of cash----with no commensurate result--------------------------Chelsea's exit from the FA CUP will come-----the question is how soon? a per the trip to anfield-----------4get anything good------its all doom and gloom for chelsea this season-----no cup,no silverware--------the chlsea so called fans love saying 'WE' like roman/chelsea gives a damn if they exist----hahahaha 'WE' indeed them know you as fan for london WE WHO?the real fans knows themselves in england----mindless escapism

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
Muki, please get Seun to ban this guy.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2009
Ibime:

Muki, please get Seun to ban this guy.
  for whatever reason------------muki, you heard him -----get seun to ban switch47--------so he can create another ID---------to continue his mission-----swith 48-49-50 to 1trillion is available to register--------ban my ISP & i will use another ISP-------even at that banning isp will affect other people-------and believe me----I KNOW GUYS FROM THIS THREAD WHO COMES TO MAN U/ARSENAL/LIVERPOOL/SPURS(ALL BIGGER CLUBS THAN CHELSEA) TO SPIT blue crap and you got to ban them too-----------------------

by the way-----ipswichT are now at stamford bridge waiting for kickoff--------knowing that everyteam can get result there if they just play their game----even prime fc of oshogbo has written chelsea a letter for a friendly at the bridge----------chelsea is jinxed and finished----------its a gradual process---like being roasted on slow fire====things fall apart-------chelsea? what a waste------

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2009
cant you guys just leave him. Imagine that he is not there.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2009
FBS:

cant you guys just leave him. Imagine that he is not there.
  IMPRESSIVE!!  i guess that will be better----------IGNORE SWITCH-----so he can concentrate and limit his posts on what he gat to post and not waste time on 'intelligent' comments from whoever-----IGNORE SWITCH47!!
But i bet you cant ignore chelsea's doom-------and final fall------gradually it comes---you see it, tries to avoid it ,yet it comes--------What a waste
ipswich T is around o------try field your best---so you can manage to win-------the end of the blues is at hand grin

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2009
OMO IBO:

im not so sure about that comment. lets do some maths and i'll show you why?

first of all i dont think you are over the age of 26. so here we go. . . . . . . .
work with me ma'am,
gianfranco zola joined chelsea in 1996 and left in 2003.

at 1996 i believe you'd have been 13 yrs old.

now, our former assistannt manager steve clarke , now assistant manager as west ham joined chelsea 1987 and left 1998.

now, between 1987(steve joined chelsea) and 1996 (zola joined chlesea) there's a 9 yr gap.

the premiership started in 1992. if you lived in Nigeria, DSTV/Supersports had the sole rights to all english football around the late 90's and 2000's and the first english premisership match was televised (i stand corrected) in 2000/2001 season. and you if you live in america, they hardly know what football is. so we'll rule that out.

so what you are trying to make us believe is that you started supporting chelsea between the ages of 7 or even 5 and 13.

now, i am not asking you to tell us your age. but to become a true blue fan before zola, i believe you'd prolly be closer to 30.

now the question is, do i have a point?

I am also a chelsea fan. i started following chelsea when babayaro joined. and i've loved it ever since.
ATTN: OMO IBO
REDIRECTED FROM THE GAYNNERS THREAD

Ok son, since u're Blue, i'd be gentle.
FYI, i'm way past the age u stated. U're talking of Dstv, well sir, we watched our matches live, yea u guessed right same old SB.
Granted i was quite young then, but I imbibed the footy culture early.
We were fans when Chelsea played in the 2nd Division in 88. U were still sucking boobs
The Megastores used to be my second home.
I can go on and on.
We might be on the same forum, but we certainly are of different class!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2009
where is everyone? we have a match today ain't it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

ATTN: OMO IBO
REDIRECTED FROM THE GAYNNERS THREAD

Ok son, since u're Blue, i'd be gentle.
FYI, i'm way past the age u stated. U're talking of Dstv, well sir, we watched our matches live, yea u guessed right same old SB.
Granted i was quite young then, but I imbibed the footy culture early.
We were fans when Chelsea played in the 2nd Division in 88. U were still sucking boobs
The Megastores used to be my second home.
I can go on and on.
We might be on the same forum, but we certainly are of different class!

scoin scoin--------dem don dey quarrel again-----she dey form who get class for forum------where insults only count to only those who wants it to count

FSB--------TALK SAY DEM GET MATCH--------HOW CHELSEA FANS GO TALK WHEN DEM DEY FEAR? grin

[s]OLD QOUTE (mumu comment)
On losing to Charlton in the carling cup 2005

I want to give my congratulations to them because they won. But we were the best team. We didn't lose the game. Ninety minutes was a draw and it was a draw after two hours. We lost on penalties.[/s]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2009
@ OMO IBO,
Sir, FYI I'm above 30.
U say premiership started in 92?  .
The "premiership' was a formed to gain autonomy and glamorize the English game.
Whether, First Division or the Premiership, Its more or less semantics. Its more or less the same teams and rivalry.
Is still Clark a yard stick of measuring how long one has supported a club?
Ever heared of John Neal? I'd rather you use him as a standard.
And FYI, i am not entirely new on this Chelsea thread, only changed my Username to reflect my luv for the colour Blue.
In 96 iwas 13yrs? tongue U be prophet? in 96, i was in my mid 20's.
Lets learn to put our house in order.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2009
where is everyone? we have a match today ain't it?

Reporting for duty sir.
5pm Nigerian time
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

Reporting for duty sir.
5pm Nigerian time
keep it up Diva.
Chelsea Line up: Cech, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Alex, Ashley Cole, Belletti, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka.
Subs: Cudicini, Ivanovic, Drogba, Ferreira, Deco, Mancienne, Stoch.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2009
FBS:

keep it up Diva.
Chelsea Line up: Cech, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Alex, Ashley Cole, Belletti, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka.
Subs: Cudicini, Ivanovic, Drogba, Ferreira, Deco, Mancienne, Stoch.

OSANOBUA LAO!!! SEE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SQUAD------ CHECH in goal against ipswichT  dem no get second goal keeper fear no let dem use am ------lampard-----  sure sign of chelsea crisis-----see line up-------even at that ipswich still hold their sling-------dey come streess dem--------JUVENTUS dey laugh right now!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (98)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.