Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (59969 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2009
Wenger bashing on a Chelsea thread?!
You guys need to get real!!
! cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 11:51pm On Jan 19, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ Sauron
Wait till JM shows u what he's made of in FEB/MAR

Whatz he made of?? Inter Milan is not Chelsea my friend.
They still got plastered 3-1 by Atalanta over the weekend so Inter can be breached.
English clubs are too STRONG for em Italian teams.
Arsenal(as shitty as they are) will beat Inter blackish-bluish.

Small club or no small club, they was a time they were the pain in Uniteds neck.
I don't wish to defend AW, but he is capable of winning a CL. He almost did it against Barca, he's was a case of bad luck.
If we were'nt unlucky, we should have won it last year. Would that qualify to call the Isreali an outstanding manager.
A good manager has pedigree and Wenger does. LFS may never win the CL, but that doesn't make him a bad manager.

Arsenal can never win the CL. . . . . .Wenger lacks the bottle needed to manage a squad that can win the CL.
Almost did?? Does that count. Arsenal scored first. They shoulda been intelligent enough to wrap up the game.

Avram Grant was able to reach the CL final because of the wonderful foundation Chelsea have got.
Ballack, Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole, Essien are all outstanding players. Let AG manage West Brom and letz see how smart he is.

If United make it a hat trick this season, i'll stop watching the EPL

This is not the first time they will win a hatrick. . . . .We won it in 99, 2000 and 2001.
It's our birthright.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal can never win the CL. . . . . .Wenger lacks the bottle needed to manage a squad that can win the CL.
Almost did?? Does that count. Arsenal scored first. They shoulda been intelligent enough to wrap up the game.

Utter nonsense - we lost to Barca with 10 MEN, against a team in it's best form for over a decade, with a goalie who had played less than 5 games all season. Intelligent my foot. I don't expect intelligent reasoning from a scavenging, gnat infested mutt. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 12:01am On Jan 20, 2009
@ Sauron,
U don't give up do you? Are u some sort of barrister?  tongue

Anyways, my conclusion
JM is a world class manager capable of whooping SAFs ass
AW ain't a bad manager, only eccentric and stingy
United, though putting up a fairly above average performance, is most likely to win the EPL this season cos some of the big boys are goin thru transition.
No SAF, no CR7, United will be in deep shit.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 12:06am On Jan 20, 2009
debosky:

Utter nonsense - we lost to Barca with 10 MEN, against a team in it's best form for over a decade, with a goalie who had played less than 5 games all season. Intelligent my foot. I don't expect intelligent reasoning from a scavenging, gnat infested mutt. tongue

U woulda conceded if Lehmann wasn't sent off u Arrow!!!
United won the WCC with 10 men against the best team from South America.
Matter of fact, Lehmann making such a bloody mistake is a testament to what we are saying here.
Arsenal don't have the balls to win in Europe. Don't take your pathetic frustration out on me, gay.

HorneyChic:

@ Sauron,
U don't give up do you? Are u some sort of barrister?  tongue

I am a purist!!!

Anyways, my conclusion
JM is a world class manager capable of whooping SAFs ass

JM is a world class manager BUT he doesn't have a world class TEAM to beat SAF's Man Utd this season.

AW ain't a bad manager, only eccentric and stingy

Eccentric and stingy makes him bad, no??

United, though putting up a fairly above average performance, is most likely to win the EPL this season cos some of the big boys are goin thru transition.
No SAF, no CR7, United will be in deep shit.

The above statement is FUCKERY!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 12:50am On Jan 20, 2009
You are a Arrow. . . . . .U heard it from me first that Wenger has never won an European title.
I can dig up the thread if u push me.

There u go: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82464.128.html#msg1608656

You are a complete idiot. Didnt you see the tongue in the post

Avram Grant was able to reach the CL final because of the wonderful foundation Chelsea have got.
Ballack, Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole, Essien are all outstanding players. Let AG manage West Brom and letz see how smart he is.

Avram Grant is way better. Wenger took an Arsenal who won an European title just before he took over to 15 cluless seasons in Europe.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 1:09am On Jan 20, 2009
dayokanu:

You are a complete idiot. Didnt you see the tongue in the post

Which tongue?? Maybe u went there to modify your post.
Bloody ninny.

Avram Grant is way better. Wenger took an Arsenal who won an European title just before he took over to 15 cluless seasons in Europe.

Arsenal are still better than Bayern Munich.
They still get seeded while your useless club stays in category B. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 2:37am On Jan 20, 2009
Horneychic,
Tell me any good manager who has not won anything in Europe after 25 years of coaching.

Were the big boys too in transition in the last 2 seasons?

Arsenal are still better than Bayern Munich.
They still get seeded while your useless club stays in category B
Seeded? Is that what matters nowadays?
Seeded teams How senseless can EPL fans be?
Was AC Milan seeded when they won in 2003?
was Porto seeded when they won in 2004?
Was Liverpool seeded when they won in 2005?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2009
HorneyChic,
If I recall,SAF had started to get the better of JM.United won EPL season 06/07 convincingly with Mourinho moaning about injuries.
JM lost to Villa and dropped points at home to Fulham and Blackburn in the League, and drew with Roseborg in the Champions League.His next tie:a definitive mauling at OT.
The guy saw the writing on the wall and ran.I wish he stayed a bit longer.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2009
Eastbay:

HorneyChic,
If I recall,SAF had started to get the better of JM.United won EPL season 06/07 convincingly with Mourinho moaning about injuries.
JM lost to Villa and dropped points at home to Fulham and Blackburn in the League, and drew with Roseborg in the Champions League.His next tie:a definitive mauling at OT.
The guy saw the writing on the wall and ran.I wish he stayed a bit longer.

Dont worry, he is coming back; your sharp mouth will soon get blunt. Let me prepare an excuse for u before time: 'JM is using another team'

Stick around, I will get more excuses for u
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2009
CHELSEA's season of DOOM continues,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 9:16am On Jan 20, 2009
What we need right now is a 3 straight win and with the confidence that the top 2 teams now will lose/drop points. L'pool don catch cold already. Very soon we will be back on top.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2009
no.

I think LFS was given 10 to win.

I already knew L'pool weren't serious about this.

Fergie's approach this season ain't different from the way he topples Arsenal in previous season; scrap wins in the 1st half of the season then take over in the latter.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2009
cabali
JM won't come back as long as Abramovic is in charge.
Pure and simple.
We heard rumours of a rift between the two in season 06/07,but both denied such.

Stop ranting,it's too early in the morning.
I don't give excuses.
JM is a fine coach.But everyone is not perfect.And people have to move on.Or is Chelsea's success dependent on JM?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2009
FBS:

What we need right now is a 3 straight win and with the confidence that the top 2 teams now will lose/drop points. L'pool don catch cold already. Very soon we will be back on top.

CHelsea does not stand a chance to win this season, they wont even come second, not to talk of first, the teams home form is a disaster and it will continue till the visit of Juventus, (i have been monitoring their form), chelsea may be out after the first leg,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2009
HorneyChic,
The guy saw the writing on the wall and ran.I wish he stayed a bit longer
JM ran? That so?
If i recall rightly, Chelseas squad was depleted. I can bet my kid that JM would never had lost the game at OT.
By March, i'll sympatize with u when JM kicks ur butt out of the CL

@Dayo,
Who has been Uniteds main contenders in recent times?
Since JM left, Chelsea is yet to get the right replacement. When we do, things will improve.

@ switch,
True, we may not get it the season, cos this is still the finding out stage. LFS is still trying to 'aclimitize' to the English game. Surely, next season will be different
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2009
Good game HorneyChic, you are holding your ground. me loves chelsea chicks cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2009
Yeah,depleted.
Just like he's the only one with a depleted side.That is always Mourinho's excuse:injuries.Like he's the only one not supposed to have injured players.
JM was going to lose at OT.He hadn't won in 4 games (against talent like Fulham and Rosenborg).He was being smart.

As for CL,I wouldn't worry just yet about Inter.
He gets shredded by Atalanta.Whoo,I'm so scared,I'm shivering in my boots.
I laugh in the face of INTER.
Take out Ibrahimovic,you have a hollow shell.

Your JM was with a notepad 11/1/09 (aka 3-nil).
Fergie has already given him his starting 11 for the first leg.
Let's see what he does with that.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2009
Eastbay, I'm certain you know the stats (w/l/d) between JM and AF or do I provide it for you?

takeout CR7 and MANU start to fumble.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2009
Luiz Felipe Scolari has not ruled Didier Drogba out of a return to the squad for the FA Cup tie against Ipswich despite no involvement for the striker in the last two games.

Drogba has not featured since the defeat at Old Trafford and in his absence the team has recorded victories at Southend and home to Stoke with six goals scored along the way.

But speaking to Chelsea TV in the wake of the weekend action, Scolari insisted nothing out of the ordinary should be read into recent squad selections.

'It's a normal situation in the club because it is only a situation where for these two games I chose other players,' he said.

'But maybe for next week Didier is together with the squad for the game against Ipswich. He doesn't have a problem with me and with the club.

'He is training very well. He starts to build again his condition very well, not only his fitness but technical also. It is only a choice by me for the moment for these two games.'

Scolari has also given his verdict on the owner of Saturday's winning goal against Stoke which left the boot of Frank Lampard but made contact with Michael Ballack before hitting the net.

'Maybe the goalkeeper would have saved the goal because he has been a fantastic goalkeeper and saved maybe five or six goals,' the Chelsea manager suggests had the shot not been deflected on its way.

'But I think for Lampard, making 400 appearances for Chelsea, we want to give a gift for him. The goal is for Lampard.'
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2009
certainly it is for Lamps. No one c an deny that.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mustay:

'He is training very well. He starts to build again his condition very well, not only his fitness but technical also. It is only a choice by me for the moment for these two games.'

GBAM!

Mustay:

Scolari insisted nothing out of the ordinary should be read into recent squad selections.

GBAM!

Mustay:

He doesn't have a problem with me and with the club.

GBAM!

Shebi, I said Drogba's dropping was tactical?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
@ JM critics,
U don't need to be a great team to acheive success.
U claim Inter is not a 'great team', well JM won the CL with Porto, a 'small team'.
I'm not an advocate of JM, but the man has had his moments. History will remember him as one of the greatest coaches.
What I demand from all u haters is, give honour to whom its due. Period
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=611266&sec=england&cc=3888

Manchester City have confirmed that Robinho is no longer at the club's training camp in Tenerife.

GettyImages

Robinho has added to City's woes.

The Brazilian reportedly stormed out of the camp on Monday night after learning that the club would not be signing his international team-mate Kaka.

City's executive chairman Garry Cook told the BBC: "I do know Robinho is not at the training centre in Tenerife.

"If he has left the training ground it is a breach of club discipline. I am waiting for a full debrief."

It is believed the 24-year-old has grown sullen at Eastlands, as he has become frustrated with City's underperformance on the pitch, while his latest outburst threatens his own future at the club, with Chelsea monitoring the situation.

Robinho is believed to have flown back to Brazil to consider his situation at City, but the club have given no official reason for his departure.

The Blues smashed the British transfer record when they splashed out £32.5million on the 24-year-old in August last year and, on a personal level, Robinho has been a success, netting 12 goals for his new club - becoming an instant hit with the City faithful.

But the player has a history of problems off the pitch, with then-Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon claiming that ''his departure from Madrid [to City] wasn't just due to sporting reasons, there is something else, which I can't understand.''

Robinho has also hit out at City this season, criticising them for their "small-time mentality", which had many questioning his commitment to the club.

City's failure to establish themselves in the top half of the table under manager Mark Hughes is bound to be a further source of disappointment and it is believed a bust-up with the City boss is at the heart of the matter.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2009
you suggest to say that Chelsea will go for him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ JM critics,
U claim Inter is not a 'great team', well JM won the CL with Porto, a 'small team'.
I'm not an advocate of JM, but the man has had his moments. History will remember him as one of the greatest coaches.
Horneycutie wink, no mind them oh. Only a funny person will say JM is not a good manager. He has a sound knowledge of the game and why some people would not want to give JM his moment in history, me just no understand. The guy has achieved for chelsea and in a massive way.

PS: He already has under his belt, a trophy in Italy with Inter. The guy is good.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2009
FBS:

Horneycutie wink, no mind them oh. Only a funny person will say JM is not a good manager. He has a sound knowledge of the game and why some people would not want to give JM his moment in history, me just no understand. The guy has achieved for chelsea and in a massive way.

PS: He already has under his belt, a trophy in Italy with Inter. The guy is good.

na beef.

Until him die na im den accredit him greatness
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ JM critics,

Porto is NOT a small team. They have won the CL long before Jose Mourinho would even consider football management as a profession.
They have won 23 domestic league titles. More than Liverpool and the GREAT Man Utd.
How can they be a small team. Do u care to know the number of times they have won their league since Mourinho left in 2004??
They have won it THRICE since Jose left them so where is the Mourinho effect??

History will remember his atrocious and senseless spendings.
Recently, Avram Grant said he is better than Jose Mourinho.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1711/chelsea/2009/01/18/1065969/avram-grant-to-jose-mourinho-my-chelsea-were-better
I just hope the Glazers don't employ him after SAF leaves in 4 years time. I can't stand the sly bastard.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2009
@ Sauron,
Mr Statician. Porto is 'so great' and yet have'nt reached the CL finals in recent years till JM came on board?
When he left, at what stage where they eliminated from the next CL?
What will it cost to duff your heart for the Master?
Grant is a nobody. We brought him to limelight, hence his opinions don't count.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2009
PS
A team without stiff competition will always win its league.
Slug it out with the biggies of football and show us how great you are.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ Sauron,
Mr Statician. Porto is 'so great' and yet have'nt reached the CL finals in recent years till JM came on board?
When he left, at what stage where they eliminated from the next CL?

That theory holds no water. We all know how difficult it is to retain the CL. No club has done it yet.
Barcelona is a GREAT club. They won it in 1992 and did not win it again until 2006.
Does that make them a small club?? What about Man Utd's 1999 till 2008(9 year gap).
Liverpool?? 1984 till 2005. Bayern Munich?? 1976 till 2001.
U need to dust your football analysis. grin

What will it cost to duff your heart for the Master?
Grant is a nobody. We brought him to limelight, hence his opinions don't count.

Duff ma heart?? U need to be shot. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Duff ma heart?? U need to be shot. grin

Chelski supporters have never been the most articulate - they take after their manager. grin grin

@ Ibime

I can see you dancing atilogwu steps now that Scolari has confirmed DD is unfit. angry grin grin

There's nothing technical DD can learn, It's like teaching a grandpa how to dance yahoozee. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (98)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.