Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,624 members, 7,865,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (64213 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2008
dayokanu:

Was Berba ever the top player at Leverkusen the way
Deco was for Porto,
Sheva was for Kiev
Guily was for Monaco and Ballack was for Leverkusen.
In leverkusen 2002 Ballack, Ze Roberto, Schneider, Placente, Neuville, and Lucio were more important

Later Franca, Juan, Novotny, Ramelow, Krzynówek were the real deal and Berba was just a support cast

That is immaterial. . . . . .

Leverkusen lost their soul when they sold Ballack and Ze Roberto. . . . .
Things fell apart for them and they nearly relegated the following season which led to the sack of Klaus Toppmoller!!!
Berbatov was still developing then and with the loss of so many world class players and the loss of a top manager. . . His growth retarded.
Even with the set back, he is yet to score LESS THAN 20 GOALS a season in the last 5 seasons!!!
Berbatov is a GREAT player. . . . .Nuff said!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2008
Man Utd lost the generation of 1999 and the new one with Ronaldo, Vidic and Tevez brought them back to the prime of Euro footie.

Valencia lost the whole set of 2001 Lopez, Mendieta, Gerrard, Carew and Hector Cuper but the Aimar, Baraja, Vicente, Mista and Benitez won the UEFA cup 3 years later.

That is what a top class player does. He raises the game of the whole team. Not hinder them like Berbasulk
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2008
dayokanu:

Man Utd lost the generation of 1999 and the new one with Ronaldo, Vidic and Tevez brought them back to the prime of Euro footie.

United kept Keane, Scholes, Gazza, Giggs.
Three of them are still playing for Man Utd so the core of the team was preserved.
Besides, United did not sack Ferguson like Bayern sacked Toppmoller and Berba had to tolerate a new regime.
Berbatov is a world class player. Only a dolt would argue otherwise.

That is what a top class player does. He raises the game of the whole team. Not hinder them like Berbasulk

Berbatov was the man at SPURS.
He was so good, he made the PFA team in his debut season in the Premiership.
Ballack joined the PREM the same season. . . . . .What has done at Chelsea??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2008
Ballack "almost" won everything but lost out on them.

As per Berba,he's player whose skill and guile is needed for a team like Tott,whose forward and attack play is built around him.

He's simply not the kind of player united needed for their attack this season,United needed a poacher a la Fowler of those days.

Berba is surely good,just one out of the many around.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2008
Na wa ooh
Tha arguments go on. One day them go tell us say Ferdie no be world class coach
Na una know sha. . . All na bad belle

EB
Not all players click as fast as you want them
Till the end of this season, you can't judge Berba by his performance so far
Tevez who we are all gunning for, is a big case in point. . . . . . . .

With the way these fixtures are, i wonder if we should place our hope on the EPL
Everything reeks of fatigue

Well. till then, no one can say
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 2:32am On Dec 09, 2008
~Sauron~:

Berbatov has more quality than Guily, Gilardino, Inzaghi and many other players that have won the Champions league.
I compared Berbatov to Sheva, Litmanen and Weah because of the country they all play for.
No good player can win anything for small countries. Never have, never will.

Cesc was nuthing in 2004/5. .Vieira was still around then. Cesc became a regular after PV left the GAYnners and took ur luck of winning titles away.
If Cesc is so good, why hasn't he won anything of note since Vieira left. . . . . .Berbatov won something in a smaller club for SPURS.
He scored at Wembley to put CHELSEA away in a Carling Cup final. . . . . .That alone should tell u Berbagod is CLASS.

Zizou and Dinho does not score too much but if u add their assists and their number of goals together, they become chunky.
CREATIVITY = Assists + Goals. . . . .any football analyst would tell you that and this is why those stats are recorded these days.
U cannot be creative without adding assists and goals together. When Gerrard and Lampard were 21 does not even count here.
Fabregas played 100 games for ARSENAL as a TEENAGER. It is not due to his skills, it was circumstances that led to it.
Would he have played that many games at Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool?? No way in hell.

Where was Zidane at 21?  Ronaldinho at 21? Makelele at 21??
Does that necessarily make Cesc better than them??
What has Cesc achieved since he became a regular at Arsenal. . . . . .He is the most over-rated player i know.
This season, he has only 1 goal and 2 assists in as many as 13 league games and he is ur best player. . . .
Does that stat make him prodigious??
Your blasphemy knows no boundaries!!! Berbatov is not worthy to kiss Pippo Inzaghi's boots infact i have a better chance of being the next president of the United States of America than for Berbatov to achieve half of what Inzaghi has achieved in his career

Cesc was a 17 year old in 2004/2005 season how much impact would he have possibly made around better players but he was still good enough to start in the Final and have a decent run of matches in the league and even the UCL Cesc's potential was obvious for everyone to see in that season

Berba-dog is an over-rated Arrow besides the penalty that he played what worthy thing of note did he do the entire match? why are you getting worked up about the Carling Cup? George Boateng also won the Carling Cup with Boro he must be class too

Cesc at 21 was better than Zidane,Ronaldinho,Makelele at 21 he is world-class already your sentiments about him would not change that fact and with better signings from Arsene the boy is sure to win trophies

As for your concoction of STATS = GOAL + ASSISTS you are entitled to your theory but Zidane was never a prolific goal-scorer and didn't even make that much assists he was more of a big time player that you could count on when it was crunch time.A central midfielder's primary objective is not to score goals but to make passes and assists for his team-mates and on that basis few players do it better than Cesc right now.QED
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2008
Berbatov better than Inzaghi!!!!!!!!

Highest goal scorer in European competitions?

Well Sharon stay off powdered breat milk!!! tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2008
Sauron
No way, i disagree with you on this. . . . . . . Hell NO!!!!
He is skillful and gifted but no way near Pippo. . .
He has a long way to go and hence a chance to achieve as much if not more than him
But at present, Nope, let Berba learn just how to beat the offside trap, then and only then, we can compare
Phillipo Inzaghi can beat ten of Pierreluigi Collina on the offside trap and get away with a goal
Maybe Alberto Gilardino v Berba but not Pippo. Hell is among the best in Europe striker wise.

First Player to score a double hat trick in a UEFA competition
All time leading scorer in any official UEFA competition with 65 goals
He had a more speedy start to career than Berba scoring 13 times in 21 Appearrances for a Serie C side
Not a formidable setting though IMHO

So no follow them go there abeg. . . . . . .

But CR7 is better than him tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2008
Correct yarn by emperoh,
You see how your life has turned when you stayed off Hemp in the last few days? tongue tongue

Berbatov better than Inzaghi? Even Fletcher is better than Pirlo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
dayokanu:

Berbatov better than Inzaghi!!!!!!!!

Highest goal scorer in European competitions?

Well Sharon stay off powdered breat milk!!! tongue tongue
I mean what blasphemy!! Van Horseface would be slow to compare himself with Pippo poacher extra-ordinaire  not to talk of an average joe like Berbatov.Berbatov that joined his first big club at almost 28

dayokanu:

Correct yarn by emperoh,
You see how your life has turned when you stayed off Hemp in the last few days? tongue tongue

Berbatov better than Inzaghi? Even Fletcher is better than Pirlo
Before nko!! Even Rooney is better than Shevchenko.
Rio is better than Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta put together grin grin
Anderson is better than Gattuso grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40,

At least Sharon told us that CR7 is better than Zidane and Ronaldo Lima, Ferguson is better than Hitzfeld, Wes Brown better than Alves, Evra better than Lahm, Rooney better than Klose, Next thing Kit Kat is better than Buffon
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2008
Naah the Berba-dog is better than Inzaghi statement just killed it for me grin grin he would be mobbed if he said that in public.Inzaghi was painting Europe red when Berba-dog was still shining boots in Sofia cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
Talking about Ballon D Or, Sharon wrote this

He is better than all the past winners waxed together.

This is enough to land him in Gitmo or Alcatraz
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

Naah the Berba-dog is better than Inzaghi statement just killed it for me grin grin he would be mobbed if he said that in public.Inzaghi was painting Europe red when Berba-dog was still shining boots in Sofia cheesy cheesy

Anutha moronic statement. . . . . . .Inzaghi wouldn't have scored 23 goals in a poor team like Tottenham!!!
He is reaping the fruits of playing in a big team. Who the crap is Inzaghi??
Pippo has only scored more than 20 goals ONCE in his pathetic career. . . . . .Apart from that, what has he done??
What is his international record for Italy?? 25 goals in about 57 appearances which has spanned 11 years.
25 international goals in 11 years?? This Inzaghi must be super hot for the muppets on this thread.
Inzaghi ma left foot . . . . .Let him win UEFA golden boot THRICE like Van Nistelrooy did for Man Utd before u make comparisons.

dayokanu:

Talking about Ballon D Or, Sharon wrote this

This is enough to land him in Gitmo or Alcatraz

First off, Alcatraz has been closed down so u are shooting ur foot. . . .

Secondly, the statement i made is a factual statement. . . . . .The stats don't lie.
Show me any of Ronaldo's predecessors that won UCL/Domestic League/Golden boot(league)/Golden boot(UCL) and European golden shoe.
If u cannot show me the stats, shut your diseased mouth once and for all and stop polluting the thread.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2008
Inzaghi was highest goal scorer playing for Atalanta.

Why cant Berba be highest goal scorer with Tottenham or Leverkusen?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2008
dayokanu:

Inzaghi was highest goal scorer playing for Atalanta.

Why can't Berba be highest goal scorer with Tottenham or Leverkusen?

This is because Tottenham is very UNLUCKY to be in the same league as Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd(the best teams in Europe).
Berbatov has scored 41 goals in 64 games for Bulgaria. . . . . .That is enough to tell u muppets he is world class.
Only a mentally-eroded like you would say Berbatov is not a world class player. . . . . .

Why should i take u serious?? Messi/Casillas/Xavi would win Ballon d'Or(because Platini told u so in ur dreams). tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2008
~Sauron~:

Anutha moronic statement. . . . . . .Inzaghi wouldn't have scored 23 goals in a poor team like Tottenham!!!
He is reaping the fruits of playing in a big team. Who the crap is Inzaghi??
Pippo has only scored more than 20 goals ONCE in his pathetic career. . . . . .Apart from that, what has he done??
What is his international record for Italy?? 25 goals in about 57 appearances which has spanned 11 years.
25 international goals in 11 years?? This Inzaghi must be super hot for the muppets on this thread.
Inzaghi ma left foot . . . . .Let him win UEFA golden boot THRICE like Van Nistelrooy did for Man Utd before u make comparisons.
Naah dawg whats moronic is your comparison of Berba to a great like Pippo Inzaghi,what fruits is Berba reaping? what has he won since joining y'all?Inzaghi has won loads of titles with Milan there is no guarantee Berba would have such success ok maybe he could win another Carling Cup but is it my fault that no big club noticed Berba was good enough to play for them till he was in his late 20's.He is so world-class his resume of teams are Bayer Leverkussen and Tottenham
When Berba scores goals that win UCL Finals then you can get back to me on this dumb comparison of yours
25 goals in 57 appearances is almost a goal every two games so whats your point that is not a bad stat especially when you compare the calibre of teams Italy would face in major competitions to the likes of Bulgaria that cannot even qualify for one
The laurels Inzaghi has gathered from his exploits are titles that Berbatov would never have
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On Dec 10, 2008
Inzaghi was the serie A top scorer with Atalanta, won several titls with Juventus and Milan. Highest goal scorer in UEFA competitions. I wonder when Berbasulk would get there.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

Naah dawg whats moronic is your comparison of Berba to a great like Pippo Inzaghi,what fruits is Berba reaping? what has he won since joining y'all?Inzaghi has won loads of titles with Milan there is no guarantee Berba would have such success ok maybe he could win another Carling Cup but is it my fault that no big club noticed Berba was good enough to play for them till he was in his late 20's.He is so world-class his resume of teams are Bayer Leverkussen and Tottenham

Yet more spastic drivel from A-40. . . . . .Berbatov joined Man Utd on the 1st of september(3 months ago).
It is only in your world that players win titles 3 months into the season. . . . .What could he have won with Man Utd in december??
Where a player plays means shyte. . . . Aboutrika plays for Al Ahly and he has won more meaningful titles than Adebayor, Eboue and Bendtner.

When Berba scores goals that win UCL Finals then you can get back to me on this dumb comparison of yours
25 goals in 57 appearances is almost a goal every two games so whats your point that is not a bad stat especially when you compare the calibre of teams Italy would face in major competitions to the likes of Bulgaria that cannot even qualify for one
The laurels Inzaghi has gathered from his exploits are titles that Berbatov would never have

25 goals in 57 appearances is shit. . . . .It's even less than 0.50 goals per game. . . .Try Berbatov's 41 in 64 games.
Try Berbatov's average of 23 goals per season since joining the EPL. . . . .Try Berbatov's 20 goal per season mark in the last 5 years.
Your man(Inzaghi) has only 25 international goals in 11 years!!! It is less than 3 goals per annum(what a poor return)!!!
Inzaghi ko, Isakabba ni.

dayokanu:

Inzaghi was the serie A top scorer with Atalanta, won several titls with Juventus and Milan. Highest goal scorer in UEFA competitions. I wonder when Berbasulk would get there.

Must u spit heresy in the name of driving your point.
Van Nistelrooy and Raul have scored more than Inzaghi. . . . .
Thierry Henry, Shevchenko have scored more UEFA champions league goal(from 2002/3) than Pippo Inzaghi so what is special about him??
U gays need to give it a rest!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2008
I agree - If Berba was so good, why has he only played for Totts and Leverkusen?

Healy has a great international record too, why not say he is better than Inzaghi as well?

What individual award has Berba won apart from Bulgarian Sulk of the year and PFA striker for one season?

Ever considered for a continental award? Don't think so.

If it wasn't that Fergie was so hell bent on buying Berba, NO ONE ELSE would've paid that silly money for him. He is good, but Robbie Keane is FAR BETTER than him.

I declare even ADEBAYOR is better than Berba. tongue

This your stat about 20+ goals a season is good, but Inzaghi did it, not for 5 but EIGHT seasons between 1996 and 2003. scoring 20+ goals a season. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2008
debosky:

I agree - If Berba was so good, why has he only played for Totts and Leverkusen?
Healy has a great international record too, why not say he is better than Inzaghi as well?
What individual award has Berba won apart from Bulgarian Sulk of the year and PFA striker for one season?

He is from Bulgaria. . . . . . .Pippo is from Italy!!!!
How many other Bulgarians do u know?? Letz talk like footie analysts here.
For Berba to have come this far, he worked TWICE as much as the average Robbie Keanes, Rooneys and the Walcotts of this world.

Ever considered for a continental award? Don't think so.
If it wasn't that Fergie was so hell bent on buying Berba, NO ONE ELSE would've paid that silly money for him. He is good, but Robbie Keane is FAR BETTER than him.

That would come soon. . . . . .Robbie Keane BETTER than Berbatov??
Andy Cole is better than Cantona then and Salvatore Schillaci is better than Baggio and Oleg Salenko is better than Romario.
There's no player in the premiership that can command the ball as much as Dimitar. . . . .He is SLEEK

I declare even ADEBAYOR is better than Berba. tongue

Thats no news. . . . . .U once said Fab4 is better than Cristiano.

This your stat about 20+ goals a season is good, but Inzaghi did it, not for 5 but EIGHT seasons between 1996 and 2003. scoring 20+ goals a season. tongue

Berbatov would exceed that. . . . . . .He is balanced. . . . .a good record in club competitions and international football.
That is unlike David Healy or Pippo who is only prolific for club and rubbish for the Italian national side.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2008
~Sauron~:

Yet more spastic drivel from A-40. . . . . .Berbatov joined Man Utd on the 1st of september(3 months ago).
It is only in your world that players win titles 3 months into the season. . . . .What could he have won with Man Utd in december??
Where a player plays means shyte. . . . Aboutrika plays for Al Ahly and he has won more meaningful titles than
Your club bias seems to be robbing you of the little common sense you have left!! What did you mean by he is reaping the fruits of playing in a big team my sarcasm was lost on you i can see but i only ask you to please tell me the fruits he has been reaping since joining y'all

In yet another blind goof and dumb comparison you compare Adebayor and Eboue who have won nothing at Arsenal to Aboutrika who has won the CAF Champions League and African Nations Cup please how does that work in the case of Berbatov and Inzaghi knowing fully well that Pippo has won two UCL's and a World Cup as compared to your Berba-dog who has won precious little.Myopic comparisons are a sport for you

~Sauron~:

25 goals in 57 appearances is shit. . . . .It's even less than 0.50 goals per game. . . .Try Berbatov's 41 in 64 games.
Try Berbatov's average of 23 goals per season since joining the EPL. . . . .Try Berbatov's 20 goal per season mark in the last 5 years.
Your man(Inzaghi) has only 25 international goals in 11 years!!! It is less than 3 goals per annum(what a poor return)!!!
Inzaghi ko, Isakabba ni.
So what if i say David Healy has an even better goal ratio than Inzaghi and Berbatov should we safely assume that the Northern Irish striker is better than Ronaldo or Batistuta
Did you skip Maths class? 57 appearances in 11 years is about 5 games per year so how is 2 goals per year in 5 appearances a bad ratio knowing fully well that Pippo would probably have to deal with stronger opposition

Inzaghi is the highest goal scorer in all UEFA Competitions whether UCL or Uefa Cup they all count i think you are just drunk off some hatorade juice because you know fully well that Berba would never be as great as Inzaghi for club or country

What has Berba-sulk won for club or country?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

Your club bias seems to be robbing you of the little common sense you have left!! What did you mean by he is reaping the fruits of playing in a big team my sarcasm was lost on you i can see but i only ask you to please tell me the fruits he has been reaping since joining y'all

Lack of trophies in the last couple of years has turned an average GAYnner to a lobotomised ape!!!

United play better as a team with Berbatov around. . . . . .
Rooney is out for the Tottenham game, how would that have been if Ferguson did not sign Berbatov??
Ferguson is god. . . . .He paid 30 mil on Berba, Berba shall deliver the goods. . . .don't worry.
This time last season, Debosky was saying Tevez was dud. . . . .I doubt he would say that now.

In yet another blind goof and dumb comparison you compare Adebayor and Eboue who have won nothing at Arsenal to Aboutrika who has won the CAF Champions League and African Nations Cup please how does that work in the case of Berbatov and Inzaghi knowing fully well that Pippo has won two UCL's and a World Cup as compared to your Berba-dog who has won precious little.Myopic comparisons are a sport for you

You are the narrow-minded fan. . . . . .I compared Aboutrika with Eboue/Adebayor based on the clubs they PLAY for.
Aboutrika(Al Ahly). . . . .Adebayor n Eboue(Arsenal). . . . . .In ur deluded world, you said why hasn't Berbatov played for any big club until now if he was good? I went on to say u don't have to play for a big club to be known as a good player. So i cited Aboutrika's example.
U see?? An average GAYnner functions on a single digit(negative integer) IQ!!!! grin grin grin grin
Babu cognitive reasoning. tongue

So what if i say David Healy has an even better goal ratio than Inzaghi and Berbatov should we safely assume that the Northern Irish striker is better than Ronaldo or Batistuta
Did you skip Maths class? 57 appearances in 11 years is about 5 games per year so how is 2 goals per year in 5 appearances a bad ratio knowing fully well that Pippo would probably have to deal with stronger opposition

David Healy has a better goal ratio for country(not for CLUB). . . . . . .Inzaghi has a better goal ratio for club(AC Milan) not for country.
Berbatov has a balance. . . . . .Proliic for country and not bad for club(considering he does not even play for any of the BIG 4) until this season.
What else do u want? He made Tottenham tick . . . . . . .Without him, i doubt Tottenham woulda won the Carling cup.
I still remember his exploits when they dismantled Wenger's team 5-1 last season.

Inzaghi is the highest goal scorer in all UEFA Competitions whether UCL or Uefa Cup they all count i think you are just drunk off some hatorade juice because you know fully well that Berba would never be as great as Inzaghi for club or country

Inzaghi is NOT!!!  Raul and Van Nistelrooy are on top of Inzaghi!!!!
Unless u are counting all European competitions including UCL, Cup winners cup and UEFA cup.

What has Berba-sulk won for club or country?

What did Inzaghi win for country?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2008
~Sauron~:

Lack of trophies in the last couple of years has turned an average GAYnner to a lobotomised ape!!!

United play better as a team with Berbatov around. . . . . .
Rooney is out for the Tottenham game, how would that have been if Ferguson did not sign Berbatov??
Ferguson is god. . . . .He paid 30 mil on Berba, Berba shall deliver the goods. . . .don't worry.
This time last season, Debosky was saying Tevez was dud. . . . .I doubt he would say that now.
Yeah and one would think winning of trophies would at least enhance your reasoning faculty alas the reverse is the case
Yeah United play better all right like we saw at the Emirates,Stamford Bridge and Anfield where Berba went M.I.A after 10-20 minutes of footie,Berba would be the clog in your wheel this season and that you would find out in due time

~Sauron~:

You are the narrow-minded fan. . . . . .I compared Aboutrika with Eboue/Adebayor based on the clubs they PLAY for.
Aboutrika(Al Ahly). . . . .Adebayor n Eboue(Arsenal). . . . . .In ur deluded world, you said why hasn't Berbatov played for any big club until now if he was good? I went on to say u don't have to play for a big club to be known as a good player. So i cited Aboutrika's example.
U see?? An average GAYnner functions on a single digit(negative integer) IQ!!!! grin grin grin grin
Babu cognitive reasoning. tongue
I think narrow-minded describes you more accurately i admire your ability to shift the goal post in your arguments but that still doesn't make it less moronic you have failed to explain how Adebayor and Eboue who play for big clubs and have not won anything for big clubs can be compared to Inzaghi who has played for big clubs and actually won stuff with big clubs.Same goes for Abou-Trika who has actually won stuff for small clubs and even country to Berba-dog that is yet to win shyte besides the Milk cup for both club and country
Aboutrika would not be regarded as a good player if he didn't win trophies for club and country so thats another flaw in your weak argument

~Sauron~:

David Healy has a better goal ratio for country(not for CLUB). . . . . . .Inzaghi has a better goal ratio for club(AC Milan) not for country.
Berbatov has a balance. . . . . .Proliic for country and not bad for club(considering he does not even play for any of the BIG 4) until this season.
What else do u want? He made Tottenham tick . . . . . . .Without him, i doubt Tottenham woulda won the Carling cup.
I still remember his exploits when they dismantled Wenger's team 5-1 last season.
You obviously don't have a point and you enjoy arguing blindly for the heck of it with strikers like Totti,Christian Vieri,Del Piero and the likes common sense should tell you that his goal ratio would not be as high as Berba or David Healy who obviously do not have such quality in their sides is that too difficult for your feeble mind to grasp?

You should retract your statement i think the average Scumtwat functions on a sub-zero IQ so do you want to judge Berbatov's exploit on one game? why not judge him when we beat them home and away in the Prem and when we knocked them out of the Carling Cup in the previous season why not judge him when we flogged them 3-0 at the Emirates?

~Sauron~:

Inzaghi is NOT!!!  Raul and Van Nistelrooy are on top of Inzaghi!!!!
Unless u are counting all European competitions including UCL, Cup winners cup and UEFA cup.
Can you not read? i said all competitions tongue tongue

~Sauron~:

What did Inzaghi win for country?
See this Guffanti grin grin so you did not know Inzaghi won the last World Cup with Italy ohh my goodness you need some schooling as your footie knowledge is horribly rusty
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

Yeah and one would think winning of trophies would at least enhance your reasoning faculty alas the reverse is the case
Yeah United play better all right like we saw at the Emirates,Stamford Bridge and Anfield where Berba went M.I.A after 10-20 minutes of footie,Berba would be the clog in your wheel this season and that you would find out in due time

They were always going to be difficult matches so shut the hell up and put ur brain cells to good use.
When Chelsea LOST at OT and the Emirates last season and could only get a draw at Anfield. . . . .Did that make every player in Chelsea dud??
I just cannot understand why an average GAYnner is so brainless and tactless. . . Berbatov was missing indeed.
Torres didn't score against the BIG FOUR away last season in the league. . . .In A-40's pitbullish eyes. . . .Torres is a bad player.
U need an intensive brain surgery. Your reasoning faculty has blown a couple of fuses.

I think narrow-minded describes you more accurately i admire your ability to shift the goal post in your arguments but that still doesn't make it less moronic you have failed to explain how Adebayor and Eboue who play for big clubs and have not won anything for big clubs can be compared to Inzaghi who has played for big clubs and actually won stuff with big clubs.Same goes for Abou-Trika who has actually won stuff for small clubs and even country to Berba-dog that is yet to win shyte besides the Milk cup for both club and country

A-40 still cannot get it. . . . . . .Jeezuz. . . . . .The comparison was based on ur moronic focus that FOR A PLAYER TO BE GOOD, he has to play in a BIG CLUB.
I have just proven to u good players sometimes play in small clubs and until they are spotted by the BIG GUNS, they remain unknown.
Does that suddenly take their skills away because they have not won anything.
What has Sergio Aguero won at Athletico Madrid. . . .Does that make Bendtner/Eduardo/Kalou/Kuyt better than Aguero??
I have to fashion out a trust fund to buy you some artificial intelligence. . . . .PlayStation players have more sense than u do at this moment.

Aboutrika would not be regarded as a good player if he didn't win trophies for club and country so thats another flaw in your weak argument
You obviously don't have a point and you enjoy arguing blindly for the heck of it with strikers like Totti,Christian Vieri,Del Piero and the likes common sense should tell you that his goal ratio would not be as high as Berba or David Healy who obviously do not have such quality in their sides is that too difficult for your feeble mind to grasp?

How has this supported Messi's case?? What has Messi won for club??
What has he won for country? Age-grade competition aside.
If Messi had won the Ballon d'Or ahead of Ronaldo. . . . . . .He wouldn't have won it based on his exploits in China against division 2/3 players.
He woulda earned it based on his display at Barcelona(which hasn't won anything for the last 2 seasons).

You should retract your statement i think the average Scumtwat functions on a sub-zero IQ so do you want to judge Berbatov's exploit on one game? why not judge him when we beat them home and away in the Prem and when we knocked them out of the Carling Cup in the previous season why not judge him when we flogged them 3-0 at the Emirates?

Berbatov plays for a small team. . . . .Under normal circumstances, SPURS shouldn't be beating Arsenal but lets leave football mysteries aside.
Dimitar is better than all the strikers in your Arsenal team. It is not rocket science.
It's a fact!!!!

Can you not read? i said all competitions   tongue tongue
See this Guffanti  grin grin so you did not know Inzaghi won the last World Cup with Italy ohh my goodness you need some schooling as your footie knowledge is horribly rusty

Inzaghi?? One appearance in the world cup and that makes him an active participant for Italy??
Would Italy have missed winning the world cup if Inzaghi was dropped before the world cup. . . .What was his significance in Germany 2006??
In other words. . . . .Dong Fangzhou, Danny Welbeck and Johnny Evans won the Champions league for Man Utd. grin grin grin grin
Ya breath stinks. . . . . .take this $2 and get yourself some peppermint. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2008
Even Christopher Wreh is better than Berbatov tongue

He is so good, so perfect but no one wanted him apart from MU? I don't think so.

How is Berba better than Keane? Keane creates and scores - in the two seasons you like carping about, Keane scored 22 and 23 goals respectively, without being the 'top man' upfront!

Berba is a very good player, but there are MANY, even in the premiership that are better than him by MILES.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2008
~Sauron~:

They were always going to be difficult matches so shut the hell up and put ur brain cells to good use.
When Chelsea LOST at OT and the Emirates last season and could only get a draw at Anfield. . . . .Did that make every player in Chelsea dud??
I just cannot understand why an average GAYnner is so brainless and tactless. . . Berbatov was missing indeed.
Torres didn't score against the BIG FOUR away last season in the league. . . .In A-40's pitbullish eyes. . . .Torres is a bad player.
U need an intensive brain surgery. Your reasoning faculty has blown a couple of fuses.
You are an empty barrel your dumbness defies all human reasoning and logic  grin before ranting like an irate primate why not get your stats right first? Torres only figured at OT and missed both games at Stamford Bridge and the Emirates,Berbatov figured in all 3 this season and did precious little aside the assist he gave to Tevez at Anfield i could almost swear i didn't see him in that game after that
At least i have brain cells i am sure yours have long been replaced with cobwebs hence your vast repertoire of clueless arguments Science cannot help your case what you need to seek is Spiritual help

~Sauron~:

A-40 still cannot get it. . . . . . .Jeezuz. . . . . .The comparison was based on ur moronic focus that FOR A PLAYER TO BE GOOD, he has to play in a BIG CLUB.
I have just proven to u good players sometimes play in small clubs and until they are spotted by the BIG GUNS, they remain unknown.
Does that suddenly take their skills away because they have not won anything.
What has Sergio Aguero won at Athletico Madrid. . . .Does that make Bendtner or Eduardo better than Aguero??
I have to fashion out a trust fund to buy you some artificial intelligence. . . . .PlayStation players have more sense than u do at this moment.
You are still sounding static and repetitive  tongue a player does not have to play for a big club but when he is only able to make his first big club at 28 does it not show that he probably is not good as you are making him out to be?

Sergio Aguero led Athletico to the UCL! Sergio Aguero is only 20 Bendtner,Eduardo,Kuyt are yet to achieve anything in their careers for club or country comparing them to Aguero smacks nothing but stupidity on your side

You need more A.I than i do! remove the log from your eye before removing the speck from mine

~Sauron~:

How has this supported Messi's case?? What has Messi won for club??
What has he won for country? Age-grade competition aside.
If Messi had won the Ballon d'Or ahead of Ronaldo. . . . . . .He wouldn't have won it based on his exploits in China against division 2/3 players.
He woulda earned it based on his display at Barcelona(which hasn't won anything for the last 2 seasons).
Messi was part of the La Liga and UCL winning Barca side of 06 like it or not  tongue
Whatever he is judged on is not my business thats not my J.O.B

~Sauron~:

Berbatov plays for a small team. . . . .Under normal circumstances, SPURS shouldn't be beating Arsenal but lets leave football mysteries aside.
Dimitar is better than all the strikers in your Arsenal team. It is not rocket science.
It's a fact!!!!
You argue like a toddler! Spurs are our rivals and they get one win in the last 26 games and you are busy wanking like a frustrated virgin.

~Sauron~:

Inzaghi?? One appearance in the world cup and that makes him an active participant for Italy??
Would Italy have missed winning the world cup if Inzaghi was dropped before the world cup. . . .What was his significance in Germany 2006??
In other words. . . . .Dong Fangzhou, Danny Welbeck and Johnny Evans won the Champions league for Man Utd. grin grin grin grin
Ya breath stinks. . . . . .take this $2 and get yourself some peppermint. tongue
Your initial quote was what had he achieved for country? I schooled you and instead of you to humbly accept another milestone goof you made you are busy throwing tantrums like a little girl act your age for once homie  grin grin
Who cares if he made just one appearance? How many appearances did Nesta make? why not go and remove the world cup medal that Berbatov would never have from his neck.Player hater oshi
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2008
debosky:

He is so good, so perfect but no one wanted him apart from MU? I don't think so.

How is Berba better than Keane? Keane creates and scores - in the two seasons you like carping about, Keane scored 22 and 23 goals respectively, without being the 'top man' upfront!

Berba is a very good player, but there are MANY, even in the premiership that are better than him by MILES.

Buhahaha

Berbatov the badly~damaged~shelled~OAP~snail has suffered!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ A-40

Don't denigrate Eduardo by comparing him to Barberturnip tongue

Eduardo singlehandedly brought Dinamo Zagreb to the CL, scoring 5 goals in six games during qualifying. Dudu has won 2 leagues, two FA cups and three supercups in Croatia, while Barbertwit could only win one Bulgarian cup in 4 years. tongue

In addition he has 13 goals from 22 internationals as well. Berbatwat indeed. tongue

Berbatov played for the BIGGEST team in Bulgaria for 4 years yet no league title or CL qualification - that is a good example for y'all, he will screw up in a big team, that's why he's remained with small teams till now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2008
debosky:

How did he make the PFA team in his debut season. . . . . .berbatob is not a top man upfront.
He sets people up. . . . . .He is a supporting striker. . . . . .Don't let his number 9 shirt deceive you
Berba is not an out n out striker/poacher. . . . . . .
He is miles better than Eduardo, Bendtner, Van Persie or fuckever moronic striker in ur setup. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

You are an empty barrel your dumbness defies all human reasoning and logic  grin before ranting like an irate primate why not get your stats right first? Torres only figured at OT and missed both games at Stamford Bridge and the Emirates,Berbatov figured in all 3 this season and did precious little aside the assist he gave to Tevez at Anfield i could almost swear i didn't see him in that game after that

Rubbish talks. . . . . .Did Torres score against Man Utd at Anfield or against Arsenal at Anfield in the league??
Does that make him useless?? A player that has scored 46 goals in the last 2 seasons in the Premiership is a classy player.
Berbatov did precious little because that was his debut game for Man Utd. . . . .How many players woulda done more than that?
Ya first game for a big club, new teammates, new environment in a hostile ground like Anfield.
It does not take a quantum physicist to know you are blowing fuses all over your nervous system grin grin grin grin grin

At least i have brain cells i am sure yours have long been replaced with cobwebs hence your vast repertoire of clueless arguments Science cannot help your case what you need to seek is Spiritual help

U have brain cells but they need to be thawed. It's been frozen since Vieira won the FA cup for y'all in 2005.

You are still sounding static and repetitive  tongue a player does not have to play for a big club but when he is only able to make his first big club at 28 does it not show that he probably is not good as you are making him out to be?

Berbatov is 27 not 28. . . . . .He won't be 28 until January next year(anutha strong evidence to prove ur nervous system is not co-ordinating.

Sergio Aguero led Athletico to the UCL! Sergio Aguero is only 20 Bendtner,Eduardo,Kuyt are yet to achieve anything in their careers for club or country comparing them to Aguero smacks nothing but stupidity on your side

Berbatov led SPURS to the UEFA cup, he won the Carling cup. . . . .If u compare the quality of the teams that feature in the Carling cup, it is equivalent to Bundesliga season. grin grin grin grin Berbatov led SPURS to beat Arsenal(UCL Q-finalist) and Chelsea(UCL finalist) to win the tournament.
If u bend your head around it. . . . . .The milk cup in the Premiership has more quality than the French League, German League and Serie A. grin grin

You need more A.I than i do! remove the log from your eye before removing the speck from mine
Messi was part of the La Liga and UCL winning Barca side of 06 like it or not  tongue

The same Messi that did not kick a ball in the Q-final, S/final and in the Final of the UCL??
A-40. . . . . . . .U need help. grin grin

Whatever he is judged on is not my business thats not my J.O.B

It is not your business cos your cognitive reasoning is inept. . . . .

You argue like a toddler! Spurs are our rivals and they get one win in the last 26 games and you are busy wanking like a frustrated virgin.

Why would a virgin self-service?? U really need to focus on the gibberish that dribble o'utta ya mouth.
I don't care what SPURS have done in the last 26 years. . . . .All i know is they spanked y'all 5-1 when it mattered most.
They went on to win a title last season. . . . . .Something Wenger has not managed for the past 3 seasons.
If it is that EASY. . . . . .Make Wenger win something na. grin cheesy

Your initial quote was what had he achieved for country? I schooled you and instead of you to humbly accept another milestone goof you made you are busy throwing tantrums like a little girl act your age for once homie  grin grin

Only an ignoramus like you would count one appearance as an achievement. I am sure Inzaghi would be disappointed he didn't do MORE for his country.
Players like to get involved in such big tournaments. Inzaghi making one appearance is a HUGE disappointment when players like Pirlo, Zambrotta and Buffon went on to SHINE.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .KitKat and Ben Foster too would feel they won the Champions League?? U are a bleeding Arrow, hombre.
P.S. U schooled nowt!!! U didn't even know Pippo only had one appearance against Czech Republic so how is that schooling?
The only schooling i see here is the one u need desperately cos you type more twaddle than a deranged porcupine.

Who cares if he made just one appearance? How many appearances did Nesta make? why not go and remove the world cup medal that Berbatov would never have from his neck.Player hater oshi

The topic of discussion is Pippo. . . . . .We can do Nesta after this one. . . . .Don't shift the post!!!
Berbatov would never wear a world cup medal just like Sheva, Figo, Benzema, Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo!!!
Sad but true and it does not make them a LESS player than the ones who have won it.
Berbatov would start for Italy if he was Italian. . . . . . .That is enuff consolation for him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2008
PIG

NEVILLE   FERDINAND      EVANS     O'SHEA

NANI        GIBSON         ANDERSON    GIGGS

TEVEZ        ROONEY

SUBS: Foster, Park, Vidic, Scholes, Rafael, Fletcher, Possebon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (98)

Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.