Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,480 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63720 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2008
j-girl:

That one don pass faith o! I had faith they would score. I just didn't know when and my heart was not beating normally again.
I discovered one thing last season. Man Utd has the power to kill me before my time.
LMAO, thats the spirit dear?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bosunk: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2008
ABEG O no lose your heart before man u does,but una dey try grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2008
@ ndumart,

Let me take you on with the Berbatov shiznit. . . . . .

How can u say we shouldn't have have signed Berbatov??
Rooney is suspended for the next game. . . . .If we didn't sign Berbatov, who woulda partnered Tevez upfront??
U never know what is gon' happen in the season. . . . .anyone could ger crocked anytime so we need an extra man out there that has got quality.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by donaremu(m): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hello all,

Thank God say we win. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2008
Never said Berba shouldnt have been signed. He has been a flop SO FAR. He may come good, but how long will that take him? He has played about 10 games and his contributions have not been telling.He should start pulling his weight as soon as possible. His sign-on fees is too much for us to be getting this mediocre performances from him. He could have scored twice today but he blew it and even got Ronaldo injured.

For the next match, He is goin back to White Hart lane, so i really dont expect much from him cos he will be booed all thru.How he responds is what am yet to see.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
ndumart:

Never said Berba shouldnt have been signed. He has been a flop SO FAR. He may come good, but how long will that take him? He has played about 10 games and his contributions have not been telling.He should start pulling his weight as soon as possible. His sign-on fees is too much for us to be getting this mediocre performances from him. He could have scored twice today but he blew it and even got Ronaldo injured.

Tevez did not score his 2nd goal in the league until after 13 games.
We were all complaining about his slow start but see how he has improved.
Man Utd is a big club. . . . .I don't expect Berbatov to be an instant HIT. . . . .These things take time.

For the next match, He is goin back to White Hart lane, so i really don't expect much from him because he will be booed all through.How he responds is what am yet to see.

The match would take care of itself. . . . . .I expect Nani to start in that game. . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by omitutu: 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
Those ones that take time are the ones one should be worried about. . . .

The instant hits often leave indelible marks that last a generation.

Ronaldo on his debut against Bolton, Wayne Rooney against Besiktas or was it Fernebache.

Yorke started slow, ended slow as did countless others.

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

The match would take care of itself. . . . . .I expect Nani to start in that game. . . . . . .

Am not a fan of Nani. He seems to be more concerned with show-boating than playing for the team. The match against totenham will be a difficult one no doubt, but i expect us to triumph. I will stick to the line up today but with Anderson replacing Carrick and Tevez in for suspended Rooney. Nani could come on later if need be.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2008
Chei!!!!
Idied and woke up today!!!
Someone came to OT to park the bus. . . . .but thank God for the Serbian international

Ndu
I bet you don't now Berba's style of play for you to say he's a flop
During his next game, watch him closely.
No one comes into a big club and becomes an instant hit
Give him sometime. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by donaremu(m): 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

TVs did not score his 2nd goal in the league until after 13 games.
Man TD is a big club. . . . .I don't expect Barbados to be an instant HIT. . . . .These things take time.

I agree with you, We should give Barbados some time to blend into the team. I expect Nani to start game too but problem with him is that he plays childish
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2008
ndumart:

Am not a fan of Nani. He seems to be more concerned with show-boating than playing for the team. The match against totenham will be a difficult one no doubt, but i expect us to triumph. I will stick to the line up today but with Anderson replacing Carrick and Tevez in for suspended Rooney. Nani could come on later if need be.
I am not sure you wrote this with ya clear eye
Are still enjoying the victory? make sure Paraga was not added to your Gulder
Carrick saved us today remember? He is the only cutting edge we have till Scholes return
ANderson can only partner him but not with Fletcher's current form
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
ndumart:

What are you talking about bro?

Carrick was the Man of the Match today . . . .

Didn'y you see the way he was pulling the strings today, that's our best CM right now.

I'm sure it was a typo sha.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2008
Emp
I actually wanted to write Fletcher
i agree we should give him some time to fully blend in with the team style of play. Am just angry because he isnt pulling his weight enough.

Was just comparing him with other strikers we've brought in over the years. Rooney, Saha, Ruud, Cole etc. I just pray he finds his feet ASAP and start banging in the goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2008
Emp

The drink don clear for my eyes.
Fletcher is running out of steam.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2008
Nd
I don't think Fletcher is a 90mins player
But thats why we have Ando for back up
We shall see off the White Lilies fairly well

I just hope we get right combination asap
After this na world Champonships and you know how hectic the xmas period can be
With 4 games in 7 days. . . . . .
It shall be well sha!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2008
chamotex:

What are you talking about bro?

Carrick was the Man of the Match today . . . .

Didn'y you see the way he was pulling the strings today, that's our best CM right now.

I'm sure it was a typo sha.

Carrick is our best CM by far. . . . . . .

There's no one better than him and we have improved greatly since he came back from his injury.
With Carrick, all things are possible. He is fit, strong, has amazing vision and the best tackler we have got.
I wouldn't trade him for any player now. . . He is the only player i would start now.
Others should try and adapt their games to his ability.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

Tevez did not score his 2nd goal in the league until after 13 games.
Man Utd is a big club. . . . .I don't expect Berbatov to be an instant HIT. . . . .These things take time.
Tevez did not cost 30 million pounds did he? Berba has been a flop so far everyone and their grandma knows that he has been MIA in all your games against the big 4

I knew y'all would score because Sunderland did not only come to defend but they could not even hold the damn ball and kept hoofing it back to y'all it was a matter of when
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

Carrick is our best CM by far. . . . . . .

There's no one better than him and we have improved greatly since he came back from his injury.
With Carrick, all things are possible. He is fit, strong, has amazing vision and the best tackler we have got.
I wouldn't trade him for any player now. . . He is the only player i would start now.
Others should try and adapt their games to his ability.

That guy is so Under-rated due to his quiet personality . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

Tevez did not cost 30 million pounds did he? Berba has been a flop so far everyone and their grandma knows that he has been MIA in all your games against the big 4

Tevez would cost 32 million when he signs the dotted lines. . . . . . . .So no difference.
Berbatov has done well this season especially when u consider United have now played 9 teams that finished immediately below them(last season) AWAY from home. It is the fixtures that have been tough for Man Utd not the players.

I knew y'all would score because Sunderland did not only come to defend but they could not even hold the damn ball  and kept hoofing it back to y'all it was a matter of when

We don't give a tosh about teams that come to OT to park the bus.
United have VIDA. . . . . .Bus destroyer. grin

chamotex:

That guy is so Under-rated due to his quiet personality . . .

I like him that way. . . . . .Under-rated but highly effective.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
When Carrick was signed for 18 million pounds, i thought fergie had gone mad overnight. I really thought he was over-priced and Totenham made cool cash from us. Now i know better. His performances had been awesome.

He is second to none. Capello had better started looking in his direction. He may restore some sanity to their midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
ndumart:

When Carrick was signed for 18 million pounds, i thought fergie had gone mad overnight. I really thought he was over-priced and Totenham made cool cash from us. Now i know better. His performances had been awesome.

He is second to none. Capello had better started looking in his direction. He may restore some sanity to their midfield.

He is the best English midfielder by far. . . . . .
I think England would do better WITHOUT Gerrard/Lampard in the middle of the pack.
Play Carrick and Hargreaves in the midfield. . . . . . Walcott/Lennon on the right and Ashley Young on the left and FEEL the power.
Gerrard/Lamps are too crappy. . . . . . They have disappointed this country for too long.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

Tevez would cost 32 million when he signs the dotted lines. . . . . . . .So no difference.
Berbatov has done well this season especially when u consider United have now played 9 teams that finished immediately below them(last season) AWAY from home. It is the fixtures that have been tough for Man Utd not the players.
Tevez has performed he is very worth 32 mil he is 24 and still has 4 to 5 years in him plus he won y'all the Premiership and the UCL Berba has done neither so i don't think its fair to compare him to Tevez just yet lets see him bang those crucial goals like Carlos did last season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
Even Sauron knows Berba aint the player United needed before he was signed.He's quiet and intelligent?Who needs those qualities when you can get aggression and brilliance.Tevez brings to the table what Berba lacks.Berba is slow and will only shine when allowed to play.I prefer Tevez anytime,anyday and would have spent that $30 on Huntelaar.Barbados my pinkie tongue!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

Tevez has performed he is very worth 32 mil he is 24 and still has 4 to 5 years in him plus he won y'all the Premiership and the UCL Berba has done neither so i don't think its fair to compare him to Tevez just yet lets see him bang those crucial goals like Carlos did last season?

Tevez won the Champions league after completing a season with Man Utd.
This time last season, no one knew United would win the EPL let alone the Champions League.
Let Berbatov complete his debut season before u judge him.
I doubt Ronaldo had scored 4 league goals this time last season but he went on to score 31 league goals by MAY 2008.
Be patient, lads!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yeah that is why you should note i used the word so far with Berbatov as for Tevez you could see he would come good and all he needed was time besides you got him on a two years loan with option to buy which means after this season you could offload him and not even bother paying 32 mil

You had to cough out 30 mil on the spot for Berbatov so its only normal that the expectations are a little higher and you would honestly not convince me that Berbatov has been up to scratch so far
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

Yeah that is why you should note i used the word so far with Berbatov as for Tevez you could see he would come good and all he needed was time besides you got him on a two years loan with option to buy which means after this season you could offload him and not even bother paying 32 mil

He has done well so far. . . . . . .He is a great player and things can only get better.

You had to cough out 30 mil on the spot for Berbatov so its only normal that the expectations are a little higher and you would honestly not convince me that Berbatov has been up to scratch so far

Berbatov has 6 goals and 6 assists this season already. . . .His debut game was in September. . . .
How many Arsenal players have 6 goals and 6 assists this season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

He has done well so far. . . . . . .He is a great player and things can only get better.

Berbatov has 6 goals and 6 assists this season already. . . .His debut game was in September. . . .
How many Arsenal players have 6 goals and 6 assists this season?
Against the likes of who and who did those goals come against? Aalborg an offside goal against Celtic against West Brom be sincere and tell me what dimension has Berbatov added to Utd's game?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2008
A-40:

Against the likes of who and who did those goals come against? Aalborg an offside goal against Celtic against West Brom be sincere and tell me what dimension has Berbatov added to Utd's game?

3 points is 3 points. . . . .Victory is victory. . . .
How many goals did Torres/Adebayor score against the BIG 4 last season?
I don't care how Berbatov scores. . . . . . He is the most creative player asides from Ronaldo and Rooney in the PREM.
If u wanna know how about Berba's goal ratio . . . . . . .Check his international record for Bulgaria.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

If u want to know how about Berba's goal ratio . . . . . . .Check his international record for Bulgaria.
Yes David Healy has a fantastic goal ratio for Northern Ireland too lets see him lead his Bulgaria to another major tournament and score a goal or two he has only managed Euro 2004 so far

~Sauron~:

I don't care how Berbatov scores. . . . . . He is the most creative player asides from Ronaldo and Rooney in the PREM.
Most creative kini? i thought Carrick was creative? anyways he is not half as creative as Cesc Fabregas you don't need to over-hype Berba just yet he is not doing too badly but has hardly justified his 30 mil tag

~Sauron~:

How many goals did Torres/Adebayor score against the BIG 4 last season?
Adebayor scored against Liverpool twice!! Torres scored against Chelsea and Arsenal
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2008
A-40:

Yes David Healy has a fantastic goal ratio for Northern Ireland too lets see him lead his Bulgaria to another major tournament and score a goal or two he has only managed Euro 2004 so far

So u wanna compare David Healy to Berbagod?? U are funny!!!

Most creative kini? i thought Carrick was creative? anyways he is not half as creative as Cesc Fabregas you don't need to over-hype Berba just yet he is not doing too badly but has hardly justified his 30 mil tag

He is creative in terms adding his goals and the number of assists!!!
In the last 2 seasons, Only Ronaldo and Rooney are better than Berbatov.
Cesc Fabregas is creative?? Are u serious at all??

Adebayor scored against Liverpool twice!! Torres scored against Chelsea and Arsenal

Adebayor scored against Liverpool in March . . . . . . .He is yet to score against Liverpool or Chelsea in the league.
Torres also scored against Arsenal in March. . . . .He is also yet to score against Arsenal or Man Utd in the league.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 2:13am On Dec 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

So u want to compare David Healy to Berbagod?? U are funny!!!
Berbagod? grin grin don't make me laugh in Guatemalan what has he achieved for club and country? What personal accolade has he won or been short-listed in sef

~Sauron~:

He is creative in terms adding his goals and the number of assists!!!
In the last 2 seasons, Only Ronaldo and Rooney are better than Berbatov.
Cesc Fabregas is creative?? Are u serious at all??
Cesc Fabregas is only unlucky to have some wasteful strikers are you kidding me? number of assists? creativity?are you sure you didn't drink some 40 0Z before you typed that fallacy grin grin
Please modify that before dayokanu comes ooh
Fabregas had 17 assists and created a chance every 25.5 mins which is about 3 chances per game Rooney and Ronaldo don't even come half as close not to talk of Berba-sulk
http://soccerlens.com/stat-attack-the-best-and-worst-of-the-premiership-20072008/12875/
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2008
A-40:

Berbagod?  grin grin don't make me laugh in Guatemalan what has he achieved for club and country? What personal accolade has he won or been short-listed in sef

He has achieved lots for club and country. . . . . .He made the PFA team in 2006/7 alongside Didier Drogba as the best strikers in the league.
That was his debut season and to think he played for SPURS(not a member of the BIG 4). . . That was remarkable.
What has Cesc Fabregas won for Arsenal? He is yet to wear a medal around his neck at Arsenal. . . .Berbatov won the Carling Cup, didn't he??
For country, Bulgaria is a small footballing nation so u cannot expect Berbatov to win anything like the world cup or Euros.
Shevchenko, Jari Litmanen, George Weah and Luis Figo won nuthing for their country but they are still top draw plauers.

Cesc Fabregas is only unlucky to have some wasteful strikers are you kidding me? number of assists? creativity?are you sure you didn't drink some 40 0Z before you typed that fallacy  grin grin
Please modify that before dayokanu comes ooh

Who the 'mess is DayoCROUCHnu?? He knows nuthing about English football or European football in general.
I said if u combine the number of goals with the number of assists copped together for the last 2 seasons, Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov are the best in the Premiership BAR NONE.
The stats don't lie and here are the stats.

2006/07

Berbagod(12 goals + 11 assists)=23 points

Rooney(14 goals + 11 assists)=25 points

Ronaldo(17 goals + 14 assists)=31 points

2007/08

Rooney(12 goals + 13 assists)=25 points

Berbagod(15 goals + 11 assists)=26 points

Ronaldo(31 goals + 7 assists)=38 points

They have been the best forward players in the Premiership for the last 2 seasons.

Fabregas had 17 assists and created a chance every 25.5 mins which is about 3 chances per game Rooney and Ronaldo don't even come half as close not to talk of Berba-sulk
http://soccerlens.com/stat-attack-the-best-and-worst-of-the-premiership-20072008/12875/

U are only talking about assists. . . . . .What about the goals scored.
CREATIVITY = GOALS + ASSISTS.
Cesc comes short to United's horsemen as far as creativity is concerned.

Now i think u need to get off the PARAGA u have ben taking and GET REAL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (98)

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.