Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (877513 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kakakii: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
slysite4real:

Brief comment about Estonia permanent residency and citizenship:

If you live in Estonia for at least 5 years and you pass Estonian language exam= Permanent residency
(As a student, the years you spend studying is counted as half. So a bachelor student who studies for 3 years is counted as 1.5 years).

Live in Estonia for at least 8 years and pass Estonian language exam and constitution exam = Citizenship

So 5 years + Language = Permanent residency
8 years + Language + Constitution exam = Citizenship.
(There are exceptions to the statements above for PhD students).

If you are on TRP, your family will be on the same TRP as you when they come to join you. If you meet the requirements and become a permanent resident, your family will continue to get TRP (not PR!), unless they pass the language exam too.

If you become a citizen, your under age children can become citizens too.
But your spouse or any overage kid will not become citizens!. They have to fight for citizenship by themselves. They will continue to get TRP.

If your spouse has a TRP that is not dependent on you, he/she will not be affected when you are deported. For example, she could get a job or start to study in a University, and apply for a new TRP on that basis.

I hope these help.

thank you

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Benyz: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
kakakii:

thank you
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Benyz: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
slysite4real:

If you live in Estonia for at least 5 years and you pass Estonian language exam= Permanent residency
(As a student, the years you spend studying is counted as half. So a bachelor student who studies for 3 years is counted as 1.5 years).

Live in Estonia for at least 8 years and pass Estonian language exam and constitution exam = Citizenship

If you are on TRP, your family will be on the same TRP as you when they come to join you. If you meet the requirements and become a permanent resident, your family will continue to get TRP (not PR!), unless they pass the language exam too.

But your spouse or any overage kid will not become citizens!. They have to fight for citizenship by themselves. They will continue to get TRP.

If your spouse has a TRP that is not dependent on you, he/she will not be affected when you are deported. For example, she could get a job or start to study in a University, and apply for a new TRP on that basis.

I hope these help.

Thanks so much for this. I have been searching for this info for sometime now. Please, kindly help with that of PHD study route. How many years does it count towards residency?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by teekay22: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you, seems like the thread is coming active again, please what's life like in Estonia, cost of living, how easy it is to get jobs and how the country ppl are to blacks
slysite4real:

I hope these help.

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Benyz:

Thanks so much for this. I have been searching for this info for sometime now. Please, kindly help with that of PHD study route. How many years does it count towards residency?

The years you spend studying as a PhD student is also counted as half. So if you spend 4 years in your PhD (rarely), it will be counted as 2 years. But when you graduate and have passed the Estonian language exam, it is possible to apply for permanent residency. The 5 years minimum stay in Estonia may be waived.

Also newly admitted PhD students can travel to Estonia with their families. They do not have to wait for 2 years before inviting their families to live with them. That restriction applies only to bachelors and masters students.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
teekay22:
Thank you, seems like the thread is coming active again, please what's life like in Estonia, cost of living, how easy it is to get jobs and how the country ppl are to blacks

Cost of living is affordable.
Hostel rent is around 80-100 euro/month
Food is affordable. 1kg of rice is around 1.6 euro
Transportation is affordable. Public transport in Tallinn is free, in Tartu it is 7 euro/ month for students.
There is always something for everybody.

Food delivery business ( food couriers) has become very popular in Estonia. It is now one of the biggest 'employer' of labour. Almost everyone who wants to be a courier is employed! Income from it is enough to earn you a modest life.
It is also possible to get jobs in IT, catering, cleaning, and other sectors.

Blacks are not strangers in Estonia anymore. Some Estonians are married to blacks. Many blacks (including Nigeria) have become Estonian citizens.
It is a safe country for all.

7 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by teekay22: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2021
oh thank u so much for your response, is utility (power, water) and internet still free?
slysite4real:

Transportation is affordable. Public transport in Tallinn is free, in Tartu it is 7 euro/ month for students.

Food delivery business ( food couriers) has become very popular in Estonia. It is now one of the biggest 'employer' of labour. Almost everyone who wants to be a courier is employed! Income from it is enough to earn you a modest life.

Blacks are not strangers in Estonia anymore. Some Estonians are married to blacks. Many blacks (including Nigeria) have become Estonian citizens.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
teekay22:
oh thank u so much for your response, is utility (power, water) and internet still free?

These things have never been free.
The "free wifi connectivity" you may have read on the internet could be those in public places like campus, cafes, shops, malls etc.

There is wifi coverage all over Estonia!
You need to pay for these services. But it is good that they are available.

For those who live in University dorms, the cost of electricity, internet and water in the dorms are quite low (maybe 15-30 euro per month). But if you rent a private apartment, electricity bill alone could be as high as 100 euro per month during winter, depending on what you use it for - it is possible to cook with either gas or electricity and to heat your room with either gas, electricity or steam. These determine how much electricity you will consume.

Average monthly water cost for a single person is around 5 euro per month.

Average cost of cooking with gas is almost free per month. But if your apartment is heated with gas, the cost will be significantly higher

Average cost of heating a room with steam (central heating) is probably around 30 euro/month during winter (depends on many factors including the type of house)

Average cost of electricity for a 1 room apartment(excluding for use in heating) is around 10 euro per month.

A 100/1000Mbps home or mobile internet (unlimited) cost from one of the major providers cost 27 euro per month.

The digits sound scary, but don't worry they are affordable.

These figures should serve as a very general guide. They are just my opinion, not official figures.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by teekay22: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Thanks so much for ur responses, I even forgot to ask (sorry for my many questions)
How is their weather? Is it very cold like Canada or average cold like UK
slysite4real:

These things have never been free.
The "free wifi connectivity" you may have read on the internet could be those in public places like campus, cafes, shops, malls etc.

There is wifi coverage all over Estonia!
You need to pay for these services. But it is good that they are available.

For those who live in University dorms, the cost of electricity, internet and water in the dorms are quite low (maybe 15-30 euro per month). But if you rent a private apartment, electricity bill alone could be as high as 100 euro per month during winter, depending on what you use it for - it is possible to cook with either gas or electricity and to heat your room with either gas, electricity or steam. These determine how much electricity you will consume.

Average monthly water cost for a single person is around 5 euro per month.

Average cost of cooking with gas is almost free per month. But if your apartment is heated with gas, the cost will be significantly higher

Average cost of heating a room with steam (central heating) is probably around 30 euro/month during winter (depends on many factors including the type of house)

Average cost of electricity for a 1 room apartment(excluding for use in heating) is around 10 euro per month.

A 100/1000Mbps home or mobile internet (unlimited) cost from one of the major providers cost 27 euro per month.

The digits sound scary, but don't worry they are affordable.

These figures should serve as a very general guide. They are just my opinion, not official figures.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by aremutaiwo960(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
Pls sir, can an HND holder apply to their masters directly?
slysite4real:

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2021
teekay22:
Thanks so much for ur responses, I even forgot to ask (sorry for my many questions)
How is their weather? Is it very cold like Canada or average cold like UK

Last winter recorded up to -25 Celsius. And summer recorded up to 34 Celsius.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Gloryyssssz: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello everyone
I have gone through the thread.
But I have a question
Can I study medicine or any health related course m? And what is the fee like?
Is it very expensive?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Hannania(m): 2:32am On Aug 24, 2021
Good evening all. Please k searched the embassy website to get a clue of how much is needed for proof of funds, but I can't find that info.

What is the minimum credit amount, please?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by rushman003: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2021
kakakii:
Let me drop my contribution here from Estonia. . .

I will skip the school process and go on with the Visa Application...

i will say this, as a Nigerian your best bet is UAE in this period, but if you have other means such as India, turkey or Israel please try it.

Document Submitted for Visa Application

Estonia checklist

International Passport
Passport Photograph
Admission letter
Flight Reservation
Hostel Reservation ( paid for )
Personal Bank Statement ( 4m )
Bank reference Letter ( with stamp very important )
Sponsor letter ( notarized )
Sponsor bank statement ( 5m naira )
Sponsor reference letter ( with stamp, very important )
Application fee receipt
Travel Insurance ( swisscare dut com )
O'level result
School Fees Receipt
Visa Application Form

QUESTIONS ASKED DURING INTERVIEW

1. which school did you get admitted to?

2. why did you choose estonia and why this particular course

3. why didn't you use school hostel ? ( i told her i don't like it )

4. what is your plan after your studies ?

5. how many countries have you been to?

6. have you been rejected schenghen visa before ( i said yes portugal )

7. when was that ? ( i told her i don't remember the year )

8. my relationship with my sponsor

9. she asked how will i be able to support myself if my sponsor refuse ( i told her i will take part job )

apart from the 2nd question which i gave a very long answer, the rest just one word answer

i did my finger print and stayed in Hotel in Abu dhabi for 4 days , then i receive mail that my visa was granted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

1. i am doing BSC ( the interview process and funds needed are mostly the same )

2. Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania don't care about your age if you are going for BSC ( i am age 29 - 31 ) . one my coursemate is a 40 year old man

JOB
there is no job in Estonia except you are very good in I.T, companies would sponsor you to school if you are very good in I.T

apart from I.T the only job available are delivery, uber and plate washing in restaurant ... you earn an average of 30-40 euro per day

if you have the money you can buy your own Uber car and be driving, it's much more better and you can make around 1500 euro monthly. just come with your Nigeria drivers license then you convert .. there is no job in Estonia but nothing is impossible

RENT

if you want to stay in hostel you will be paying around 200 euro monthly with utilities .. it's not bad at all

if you are looking to live outside the hostel please be ready to be frustrated, once you call landlord and they see you are a student, they stop picking your call, some will not pick your call again once they see you are black..

be ready to pay like 3 months rent upfront, you might be lucky, nothing is impossible

FOOD

food here is dirt cheap except you are looking for African food which is very very expensive ...

OVERVIEW ...

apart from the housing experience, there is nothing negative to say about Estonian, most are very nice ( but blunt ), job is not readily available but a lot of I.T opportunities, you also have access to other EU countries. it is very cold here, you only see sun 3 months out of 12 months. it's going to be hard at first believe me, weather can be depressing but you will get use to it as times goes on. also be ready for a lot of assignment, no matter the school you are going in Estonia, they gives assignment for fund and assume you know most things.

there are 3 major language in Estonia... English, Russian and Estonia language .. young adults speak English and Russia while the old speaks Estonian language , it can be frustrating because Russian speakers plenty pass English speakers ... Transportation is free in Tallinn via city bus

you can work 24/7 with your TRP in Estonia as long as you don't score below 51% in school, if you score below 51% you will be deported ( long story but the short version is you will be deported ). you can't bring your family if you are on BSC but you can bring your family after a year if you are on masters , you can bring your family immediately if you are on Phd.

you can't bring beef, milk or any dairy product into Estonia ( they seized my ponmon and beef at the immigration grin )

of course all i typed is based on my experience and others around me here, please don't take it as rule ...

DATE 15/05/2021 2:36

Baba great work you're doing here! Congratulations and i wish you the best

Please clarify the family part! Where Masters' student cannot bring them until after 1 year. Please where did you get the info

I sent a mail to the Estonia border police that issued TRP and they say u can come so far you're asymptomatic, i have sent to Dubai embassy still expecting their response on the same Master's family journey..
Please you can confirm your own source of info since you are already there have first hand info

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Benyz: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2021
slysite4real:

I hope these help.

An alien who has a doctorate degree may be issued a residence permit for permanent residence without the prior five years of residence, adaptation and the requirement of the purpose of residence permit, on the condition that the compliance of the alien's higher education qualification with the doctorate degree has been assessed by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC centre and THE ALIEN HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY GRANTED A RESIDENCE PERMIT ON ANOTHER BASIS.

I culled the above from Estonia website. Please help beam light on the area written in capital letters about an alien with PHD. What does the statement mean?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Raphaelvalentin: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2021
Please I need help on getting admission in Estonia
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Soraco57(m): 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
Evening, as a private registered business man though kinda new a year plus, how much should be for tax payment per annum say least payment for tax, that can be used to apply for student visa. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Angeybabe: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2021
cuteesthy:
This journey is long but the wait is wort it...i don arrive Estonia finally through Egypt
Please how was it. I'm hoping to go to Estonia through Egypt soon via work visa
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Angeybabe: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2021
cuteesthy:
This journey is long but the wait is wort it...i don arrive Estonia finally through Egypt

Hello, I"m planning to go to Estonia by October and I'd love to know how you navigated the whole process. Just sent you an email. Let's connect! cheesy[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Angeybabe: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Joyce4lovelead:
Gud pm house.i just really need urgent help.am looking for someone who can get me legit real strong guildline documents to get my tourist visa.i want to do it on my own i don't want any agent help,that is why I come to this thread to pour out my request if there is anyway I can get help from anyone who is really to assist me to get the necessary documents
Tnks everyone

Pls bro, how far with this? I also would like to get my tourist visa on my own
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please who is applying to eaus for January intake please, let's connect
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Candace156: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2021
Please I want To Make enquires about working as a nurse In Estonia, any Info from anyone regarding That and also taking up masters In Nursing over there
Thank you
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2021
Candace156:
Please I want To Make enquires about working as a nurse In Estonia, any Info from anyone regarding That and also taking up masters In Nursing over there
Thank you

I don't think there's nursing but check dreamapplyestonia
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2021
Soraco57:
Evening, as a private registered business man though kinda new a year plus, how much should be for tax payment per annum say least payment for tax, that can be used to apply for student visa. Thanks

Not sure you need tax but check their visa application for guidance
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2021
Gloryyssssz:
Hello everyone
I have gone through the thread.
But I have a question
Can I study medicine or any health related course m? And what is the fee like?
Is it very expensive?

Yes you can study medicine, I think it's about 12000euro or check dreamapplyestonia for more info
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2021
Raphaelvalentin:
Please I need help on getting admission in Estonia

It is easy and it's something you can do by yourself
Check dreamapply
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by HorlarJP: 5:37am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello
Any Nairaland in Estonia currently?

This threat seem dry
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by HorlarJP: 5:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello
Any Nairaland in Estonia currently?

This thread seem dry
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by HorlarJP: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello, I am a resident in Dubai for a while now and I want to study in Estonia
Funny enough when I came on here I see Nigerians coming down to the embassy in Abu Dhabi to get there visa while I am close by and didn’t even know how to start my process lol….
Please can someone just help me with some info thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Olorilola17: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
HorlarJP:
Hello, I am a resident in Dubai for a while now and I want to study in Estonia
Funny enough when I came on here I see Nigerians coming down to the embassy in Abu Dhabi to get there visa while I am close by and didn’t even know how to start my process lol….
Please can someone just help me with some info thanks

Check dream apply and apply for school first before anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.