Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,040 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

The New Testament Prophets Defined. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The New Testament Prophets Defined. (21930 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by ichuka(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
The function of a prophet in the NT is to declare the original full thought/mind of God to the church.
Like what the Spirit says through John to the seven churches in Asia.
Rev 2:4
Nevertheless I have this against you,
that you have left your first love.
Remember therefore from where you
have fallen; repent and do the first
works, or else I will come to you
quickly and remove your lampstand
from its place—unless you repent.
10 Do not fear
any of those things which you are
about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is
about to throw some of you into
prison, that you may be tested, and
you will have tribulation ten days. Be
faithful until death, and I will give you
the crown of life.
14 But I have a few
things against you, because you have
there those who hold the doctrine of
Balaam, who taught Balak to put a
stumbling block before the children of
Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols,
and to commit sexual immorality. 15
Thus you also have those who hold
the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which
thing I hate.[ a ] 16 Repent, or else I
will come to you quickly and will fight
against them with the sword of My
mouth.
Nevertheless I have a few things
against you, because you allow[ c ] that
woman[ d] Jezebel, who calls herself a
prophetess, to teach and seduce[ e ]
My servants to commit sexual
immorality and eat things sacrificed to
idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent
of her sexual immorality, and she did
not repent.[ f] 22 Indeed I will cast her
into a sickbed, and those who commit
adultery with her into great
tribulation, unless they repent of their
[ g] deeds. 23 I will kill her children
with death, and all the churches shall
know that I am He who searches the
minds and hearts. And I will give to
each one of you according to your
works.

24 “Now to you I say, and[h ] to the
rest in Thyatira, as many as do not
have this doctrine, who have not
known the depths of Satan, as they
say, I will[ i ] put on you no other
burden. 25 But hold fast what you
have till I come. 26 And he who
overcomes, and keeps My works until
the end, to him I will give power over
the nations—
Rev3 And unto the angel of the church in
Sardis write; These things saith he that
hath the seven Spirits of God, and the
seven stars; I know thy works, that
thou hast a name that thou livest, and
art dead.
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the
things which remain, that are ready to
die: for I have not found thy works
perfect before God.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast
received and heard, and hold fast,
and repent. If therefore thou shalt not
watch, I will come on thee as a thief,
and thou shalt not know what hour I
will come upon thee.
4 Thou hast a few names even in
Sardis which have not defiled their
garments; and they shall walk with me
in white: for they are worthy.
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set
before thee an open door, and no
man can shut it: for thou hast a little
strength, and hast kept my word, and
hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the
synagogue of Satan, which say they
are Jews, and are not, but do lie;
behold, I will make them to come and
worship before thy feet, and to know
that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word
of my patience, I also will keep thee
from the hour of temptation, which
shall come upon all the world, to try
them that dwell upon the earth.
15 I know thy works, that thou art
neither cold nor hot: I would thou
wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art
lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I
will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and
increased with goods, and have need
of nothing; and knowest not that thou
art wretched, and miserable, and
poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold
tried in the fire, that thou mayest be
rich; and white raiment, that thou
mayest be clothed, and that the
shame of thy unclothedness do not
appear; and anoint thine eyes with
eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and
chasten: be zealous therefore, and
repent.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by ichuka(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Bidam:
oK O, You would have arranged this text in paragraphs for easy reading and quoted your source to avoid plagiarism. Since the source agrees that there is a NT prophet my question is this: Are New Testament Prophet ever used in guidance and control of another person‟s life like the OT or are they used to confirm the already known and revealed will of God?
Nothing like plagiamism here.lets focus on the OP.
like i say earily,the NT prophets are called to declare the full purpose of God to the Church.
In the OT the prophets were declaring the coming of the second Adam(which is the thought of God) when the first Adam have lost his Divline purpose.a NT prophet déclarés the full Gospel of Christ(the second Adam)to the church.according to the full will and thought of God.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
^^^Ok. grin
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
The church is not a playground neither is it a social bless me club. You can easily differentiate the false prophets from the real prophets by their fruits. The false prophets have familiar spirits,they can give word of wisdom and knowledge alright but a discerning christian will realize that their words of wisdom and knowledge has ONE MOTIVE to gratify the flesh. The false prophets appeals to the carnality of the individual. Prophecy is not all about material and wealth acquisition, these things actually becomes a snare to the believer...the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh. the pride of life. So any prophecy that comes with you getting a billions of naira contracts in Abuja..watch it, that may be the mark of a false prophet. Not that i am saying God cannot give an individual such personal prophecy, but it has to align with the purposes of God.

A true prophet brings out of the good treasure of his heart a wisdom and knowledge that leads to the perfection of Christ. The church is actually a production factory and the true prophet functions in the last chain of command to MATURE the saints so they can disciple the nations. The prophets guides and directs believers for purpose and destiny.

A true prophets moves you out of your comfort zone and says come up hither.. come to perfection, purpose,fullness and destiny.. The true prophet operates on the wings of the fruit of the Spirit. True prophets are not fortune tellers, in fact personal prophecy is the lowest level of prophetic operation. Even when God gives personal prophecy to an individual, it is to bring the individual into His purpose and plans for his life.

Let's look at this scripture to amplify the points i raised.

acts 21:9-11

He had four unmarried daughters who had the gift of prophecy. While we were staying there for several days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. He came to us and took Paul’s belt, bound his own feet and hands with it, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘This is the way the Jews in Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’”

We can glean from this scripture that Agabus prophesied that Paul would be arrested and taken to Rome. He never said Paul shouldn't visit Rome, he was preparing Paul for the ultimate task ahead and that was the purpose of God for Paul which is to appear to the highest authority in the land and give the testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So we can see the personal prophecy of Paul tied and aligned with God's purposes.

Another example is in the OT where Samuel prophesied to Saul concerning his lost donkeys. So the personal prophecy to Saul was aligned to God's purpose which was to be the king of Israel.

True prophets do not build up egos of individuals, they do not prophesy to bless you materially and financially. Any time a true prophet prophesies, check it, it will ultimately leads to God's purpose for your life. So we can now judge prophecy based on the direction he is pointing you to. Is it to gratify your fleshy appetites? Or to bring you to His(God) purpose and destiny.

So we need to understand and have a paradigm shift that the primary purpose of the prophet is not about material prosperity but to prosper individuals in the purpose of God.

Stay tuned for more.

1 Like

Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
The church is not a playground neither is it a social bless me club. You can easily differentiate the false prophets from the real prophets by their fruits. The false prophets have familiar spirits,they can give word of wisdom and knowledge alright but a discerning christian will realize that their words of wisdom and knowledge has ONE MOTIVE to gratify the flesh. The false prophets appeals to the carnality of the individual. Prophecy is not all about material and wealth acquisition, these things actually becomes a snare to the believer...the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh.

Bidam na you b this?
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 18, 2014
shdemidemi:
The church is not a playground neither is it a social bless me club. You can easily differentiate the false prophets from the real prophets by their fruits. The false prophets have familiar spirits,they can give word of wisdom and knowledge alright but a discerning christian will realize that their words of wisdom and knowledge has ONE MOTIVE to gratify the flesh. The false prophets appeals to the carnality of the individual. Prophecy is not all about material and wealth acquisition, these things actually becomes a snare to the believer...the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh.

Bidam na you b this?
Ehen so? You guys always come with a preconceived mindset i just don't know why. angry
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 6:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:
Ehen so? You guys always come with a preconceived mindset i just don't know why. angry

When one stands for nothing he falls for anything. Today you will agree that gratification of the flesh is a red sign if we must identify a false prophet; yesterday, we can build self through words that come out of our mouth, only God knows what you will be saying tomorrow.

I can't recall how long I have been telling you gratification of the flesh or self diametrically negate the gospel of Christ. This statement constantly hit a brick wall in your mind when we discuss, here you are posting exactly what you oppose.

Like vooks, you seem confused bro. I am really sorry to say that but that is exactly what I think the problem is.

Good morning to you my dearest apostle and virtual boss.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2014
shdemidemi:

When one stands for nothing he falls for anything. Today you will agree that gratification of the flesh is a red sign if we must identify a false prophet; yesterday, we can build self through words that come out of our mouth, only God knows what you will be saying tomorrow.

I can't recall how long I have been telling you gratification of the flesh or self diametrically negate the gospel of Christ. This statement constantly hit a brick wall in your mind when we discuss, here you are posting exactly what you oppose.

Like books, you seem confused bro. I am really sorry to say that but that is exactly what I think the problem is.

Good morning to you my dearest apostle and virtual boss.
No i am not, you said speaking in tongues gratify flesh and you are yet to prove where it is stated in scripture. Like i always say, i attack messages not personalities, i am not an extremist and i do not recall where you corrected me on carnal desires about wealth,fame and fortune. Feel free to quote the place on this forum. Stay blessed bro.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2014
vooks:
my brother,
I know too well that John who came in the spirit and power of Elijah performed no miracles. This means miracles are not a condition for belief.

Be that as it may, in Mark, Jesus Christ promised signs to those who believe and he enumerated them. And we see the same unfolding spectacularly in Acts. So this verse is as literal as they get. Do you agree?

Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Bidam:
No i am not, you said speaking in tongues gratify flesh and you are yet to prove where it is stated in scripture.

You know that Jesus died for the world and called out the "church" not a member of the "church".

The manifestation of the spirit is for all to profit;that the body may be edified. While he was not out rightly condemning self edification, the man who spoke in tongues them all (paraphrasing) said he'll rather that they (the audience and by extension we too) PROPHESY rather than SPEAK IN TONGUES because he that prophesy edifies all BUT he that speaks in tongue edifies himSELF.

For the most of it (IMO) tongues have been esteemed by todays believers just as circumcision was by the jews...and you know what Paul said about circumcision also "For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." (Galatians 6:13). If the tongue talkers keep not the command of the lord,they just seek occasion to be different;more like new testament pharisees

These 3 things abides forever, FAITH HOPE and LOVE. The greatest is love

"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

I would that ye all spake with tongues, BUT rather that ye prophesied: for GREATER is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, EXCEPT he interpret, that THE CHURCH may receive edifying." (1 Corinthians 14:4-5).

I hope that helps.

Shalom.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 07, 2014
anukulapo:

You know that Jesus died for the world and called out the "church" not a member of the "church".

The manifestation of the spirit is for all to profit;that the body may be edified. While he was not out rightly condemning self edification, the man who spoke in tongues them all (paraphrasing) said he'll rather that they (the audience and by extension we too) PROPHESY rather than SPEAK IN TONGUES because he that prophesy edifies all BUT he that speaks in tongue edifies himSELF.

For the most of it (IMO) tongues have been esteemed by todays believers just as circumcision was by the jews...and you know what Paul said about circumcision also "For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." (Galatians 6:13). If the tongue talkers keep not the command of the lord,they just seek occasion to be different;more like new testament pharisees

These 3 things abides forever, FAITH HOPE and LOVE. The greatest is love

"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

I would that ye all spake with tongues, BUT rather that ye prophesied: for GREATER is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, EXCEPT he interpret, that THE CHURCH may receive edifying." (1 Corinthians 14:4-5).

I hope that helps.

Shalom.
Is tongue for spiritual edification or self gratification?
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by vooks: 6:28am On Dec 07, 2014
Bro,
This shdemidemi dude needs deliverance from ignorance and illiteracy. Paul says when you pray in tongues you are edified. In his sect, private edification is carnal and unbecoming of a Christian yet group/church edification is most welcome and mighty beneficial. He is a fanatical adherent of his own confused traditions and prejudices, always speaking evil of things he doesn't understand.

How can Holy Spirit work on your flesh using tongues in one instance and in the next He works on your spirit?

Bidam:
No i am not, you said speaking in tongues gratify flesh and you are yet to prove where it is stated in scripture. Like i always say, i attack messages not personalities, i am not an extremist and i do not recall where you corrected me on carnal desires about wealth,fame and fortune. Feel free to quote the place on this forum. Stay blessed bro.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2014
#Lookulookulooku

May God open our eyes of understanding to discern those things that have been freely given to us by God's grace.

OUR Father who hath in heaven.

God is a God of OUR and not a me myself and I god. 'Self' is a god(remotely connected to the devil) in it's own right that needs to be denied if we must come to God's throne of Grace and mercy.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by vooks: 7:04am On Dec 07, 2014
Before I say amen, what is looku?
Bidam, I need your help
shdemidemi:
#Lookulookulooku

May God open our eyes of understanding to discern those things that have been freely given to us by God's grace.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:

Before I say amen, what is looku?
Bidam, I need your help

Lol..

It's naija vernacular interpretation of 'look'.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by vooks: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2014
You are speaking in tongues as far as am concerned cheesy cheesy cheesy

Have a blessed Lord's Day my beloved broda

shdemidemi:

Lol..

It's naija vernacular interpretation of 'look'.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
Is tongue for spiritual edification or self gratification?
When I consider your response, I feel like I'm getting stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if I should accept that you really don't understand shdemidemi's point or you are on war of words.
Though if it is a war of words,I understand.
It is clear that Vooks is not at war with words because he clearly understands the issue (see quote below)
vooks:
In his sect, private edification is carnal and unbecoming of a Christian yet group/church edification is most welcome and mighty beneficial.

What I understand (regardless of the choice of word whether SELF edification or gratification) is that it is about SELF or the body of christ even as it can be seen in one of the arguments of the role of the NT and OT prophets.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
anukulapo:

When I consider your response, I feel like I'm getting stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if I should accept that you really don't understand shdemidemi's point or you are on war of words.
Though if it is a war of words,I understand.
It is clear that Vooks is not at war with words because he clearly understands the issue (see quote below)

What I understand (regardless of the choice of word whether SELF edification or gratification) is that it is about SELF or the body of christ even as it can be seen in one of the arguments of the role of the NT and OT prophets.
On the contrary, i perfectly understand shdemidemi unscriptural stand on tongues and why he is kicking against it. What i do not understand is your earlier post and i want a clarification on that. If you don't understand why the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues is given to believers why not asking questions, instead of having a traditional mindset on such issues?
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:
Bro,
This shdemidemi dude needs deliverance from ignorance and illiteracy. Paul says when you pray in tongues you are edified. In his sect, private edification is carnal and unbecoming of a Christian yet group/church edification is most welcome and mighty beneficial. He is a fanatical adherent of his own confused traditions and prejudices, always speaking evil of things he doesn't understand.

How can Holy Spirit work on your flesh using tongues in one instance and in the next He works on your spirit?

I tire for the guy and his sense ruled teachings. No wonder it appeals to most folks here.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
What i do not understand is your earlier post and i want a clarification on that.
Please,tell me how it is that you do not understand it. Is it that the post is incomprehensible OR you seem not to find it related to the answer that you were expecting?

Bidam:
If you don't understand why the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues is given to believers why not asking questions, instead of having a traditional mindset on such issues?

...Nevertheless at thy word,I will ask. Please Bidam, teach me about "...with the evidence of speaking in tongues" because that is the only part I seem not to understand.

If I have questions,I hope I can ask...and my questions are usually kinda life application (or the answers that I usually require)

I hope you won't be teaching in tongues o because that will not be profitable to me. Just kidding. LOL
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
Once again i ask you, is "tongues" for spiritual edification or flesh gratification?
anukulapo:

Please,tell me how it is that you do not understand it. Is it that the post is incomprehensible OR you seem not to find it related to the answer that you were expecting?

...Nevertheless at thy word,I will ask. Please Bidam, teach me about "...with the evidence of speaking in tongues" because that is the only part I seem not to understand.

If I have questions,I hope I can ask...and my questions are usually kinda life application (or the answers that I usually require)

I hope you won't be teaching in tongues o because that will not be profitable to me. Just kidding. LOL
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
Once again i ask you, is "tongues" for spiritual edification or flesh gratification?
Tongues is meant for edification.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Your friend shdemidemi thinks otherwise. He said "tongues" are meant for flesh gratification. Thank you.
anukulapo:

Tongues is meant for edification.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
Your friend shdemidemi thinks otherwise. He said "tongues" are meant for flesh gratification. Thank you.

what do you understand by the word 'edify'?

Do christians get edified by prayers?
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

what do you understand by the word 'edify'?

Do christians get edified by prayers?
I want to limit the discuss to the purpose of this thread. I am not interested in the usual bickerings and exchanges with you any more. God knows i tried my best explaining to you last year why tongues is for all believers. If you disagree with me then and still disagree with vooks till now, it's only God that can help you.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
I want to limit the discuss to the purpose of this thread. I am not interested in the usual bickerings and exchanges with you any more. God knows i tried my best explaining to you last year why tongues is for all believers. If you disagree with me then and still disagree with vooks till now, it's only God that can help you.

grin grin

I can understand, as long as you stop using my moniker for some form of reference on the subject I won't ask you questions I know you can't answer. I never expect you to talk beyond what you know....enjoy bro.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
Your ignorance and pride on d said subject matter due to long entrenched man made doctrines and traditions wont make you realise you ve been wrong all along.enjoy your folly grin
shdemidemi:

grin grin

I can understand, as long as you stop using my moniker for some form of reference on the subject I won't ask you questions I know you can't answer. I never expect you to talk beyond what you know....enjoy bro.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bidam:
Ok,let me try to start from an earlier point. The bible is clear about the issue.

The truth is, as for the choice of GRATIFICATION as the definite word (due to its literal meaning), it negates the truth of the scripture about tongues. However,it is possible that (some) right things can be done the right way for the wrong reason. Isn't it possible?

"But he that prophesieth speaketh UNTO MEN TO (their) EDIFICATION, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue EDIFIETH HIMSELF; but he that prophesieth EDIFIETH THE CHURCH." (1 Corinthians 14:3-4).

Here is the drill;next verse:

"I would that ye all spake with tongues (edify yourself), but rather that ye prophesied (edifies the church): for greater is he that prophesieth(edifies the church) than he that speaketh with tongues (edifies himself), EXCEPT he interpret, (so) that THE CHURCH may receive edifying." (1 Corinthians 14:5).

EDIFICATION is common to both.
* Like I said in my earlier post, I think the issue is about edification of 1) SELF or 2) CHURCH.
SELF has a tendency/possibility to be selfish (about ones self without extension to others) while in edifying the church,all parts including the "self" is edified.
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2014
anukulapo:

Ok,let me try to start from an earlier point. The bible is clear about the issue.

The truth is, as for the choice of GRATIFICATION as the definite word (due to its literal meaning), it negates the truth of the scripture about tongues. However,it is possible that (some) right things can be done the right way for the wrong reason. Isn't it possible?

"But he that prophesieth speaketh UNTO MEN TO (their) EDIFICATION, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue EDIFIETH HIMSELF; but he that prophesieth EDIFIETH THE CHURCH." (1 Corinthians 14:3-4).

Here is the drill;next verse:

"I would that ye all spake with tongues (edify yourself), but rather that ye prophesied (edifies the church): for greater is he that prophesieth(edifies the church) than he that speaketh with tongues (edifies himself), EXCEPT he interpret, (so) that THE CHURCH may receive edifying." (1 Corinthians 14:5).

EDIFICATION is common to both.
* Like I said in my earlier post, I think the issue is about edification of 1) SELF or 2) CHURCH.
SELF has a tendency/possibility to be selfish (about ones self without extension to others) while in edifying the church,all parts including the "self" is edified.
If you say selfish you are wrong. praying in tongues isnt selfish but building your innerman. paul was encouraging believers not only to pray in d spirit but to pray with understanding also .
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by anukulapo: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
"Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the EDIFYING OF THE CHURCH. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue (edifies himself) pray that he may interpret (because by interpreting,the CHURCH can be edified)." (1 Corinthians 14:12-13).
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by shdemidemi(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
praying in tongues isnt selfish but building your innerman. -bidam

hmm...
Re: The New Testament Prophets Defined. by Orunto: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Prophets are made by the Heavenly Spirit of God directly by Order from Heaven. John The Baptist was the last before Prophet and Son of God Jesus. The one and only Prophet after Christ was Mohamad by the Order of Is-hmael. Every "Born Again" Christian from Simon Peter to those of us who believe in Christ through the Gospel and the Epistles of His Deciples are Apostles not Prophets. In other words, Prophets are directly responsible to God for His messages to humans. All Apostles are indirectly responsible to God through Christ Jesus. Jesus said, "And this is Eternal Life, that those You have given me(all born again) know You, the Only true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent". St. John 17:3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Greatest Miracle In Islam / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Osinbajo Helicopter Crash: Pastor Prize Aluko Prophecy About Plan To Kill VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.