Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating (1627 Views)

17 Facts You Should Know If You Are Dating A Short Girl / Sex And Love 9 Things WOMEN Expect From MEN Before, During And After SEX / An Apology Letter From Men To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by mooremedia: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2014
Any way you look at it, successful relationships are hard…real hard…like, real hard.
Guys and gals alike stack up so many unrealistic expectations on each other, nobody could ever possibly live up to ‘em.
Here are the ultimatums that very few dudes are capable of honoring — check ‘em out.

1. “Never look at other women.”

Come on, we have eyes, don’t we? Earlier this year, a scientific study found that people can’t physically control their wandering eye for half a second. We could lie and tell you that we don’t look, but why? We still only want to be with you. (Hey, we’re not all as bad as Pete Campbell.) It’s absurd to think we won’t find other women attractive, but it doesn’t mean we’re going to stray.

2. “Can you just be honest with me about everything?”
Don’t you like having a little mystery in your life? Isn’t that what attracted you to us in the first place? If we always told the unfiltered truth, your feelings would probably be hurt. We’ll be honest when it matters, we promise.

3. “Shower me with praise — I deserve to be treated like a queen.”

Look, we don’t want you to get a big head. We think you’re great, but please don’t get offended when we forget to say those nice things all the time. We just can’t remember to be romantic 24/7, especially when there’s a game on and we want to clear our heads. We promise to buy you a chocolate rose from a gas station from time to time, OK?

4. “If you don’t get a job by next week, I’m leaving.”
Well, that’s fair. You know it’s a sluggish economy still, right? Please bear with me,I'm not as lazy as you think

5. “You’re not wearing that shirt…are you?”

Most guys have zero fashion sense. Our lucky shirt may be covered in holes (just like our lucky underwear and lucky socks), but asking us to trash it is like asking us to trash an old friend.
Yeah, we can dress like the store display if you want, but it won’t be the same. You can dress up a turd, but it’s still a turd. Besides, we’d rather spend money on you, babe.

6. “I wish you would show more emotion — I want to see you cry.”
Crying is a sign of weakness. OK, maybe that’s not true, but it feels true. We can hold you and rub your back while your eyes leak, but it’s hard for some of us to share our feelings. Rest assured, though, we are sad on the inside.

7. “Can you smell like Matthew McConaughey looks?”

Sorry, we are guys and we stink. Besides, our musk is what makes you want us, because pheromones or something. Alright, alright, alright…we’ll take a damn shower.

(C) Tony sam
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Prodigee: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2014
All these list topics again! undecided
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by bossminded: 1:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Prodigee:
ok...i dey cum

Carry ur Prick commont frm here...
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by naijaboiy: 1:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Prodigee:
ok...i dey cum
cum? shocked
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Prodigee: 1:54am On Nov 04, 2014
bossminded:

Carry ur Prick commont frm here...
lol
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Prodigee: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2014
naijaboiy:

cum? shocked
Get ya mind outta da gutter...na typo.
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by naijaboiy: 1:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Prodigee:
Get ya mind outta da gutter...na typo.
grin
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 04, 2014
mtcheeeeeew! wanted to show us d gif images right? not making sense in no sense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by nzeaji(m): 2:20am On Nov 04, 2014
OK oh. undecided undecided
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 04, 2014
mooremedia:
Any way you look at it, successful relationships are hard…real hard…like, real hard.
Guys and gals alike stack up so many unrealistic expectations on each other, nobody could ever possibly live up to ‘em.
Here are the ultimatums that very few dudes are capable of honoring — check ‘em out.

1. “Never look at other women.”

Come on, we have eyes, don’t we? Earlier this year, a scientific study found that people can’t physically control their wandering eye for half a second. We could lie and tell you that we don’t look, but why? We still only want to be with you. (Hey, we’re not all as bad as Pete Campbell.) It’s absurd to think we won’t find other women attractive, but it doesn’t mean we’re going to stray.

2. “Can you just be honest with me about everything?”
Don’t you like having a little mystery in your life? Isn’t that what attracted you to us in the first place? If we always told the unfiltered truth, your feelings would probably be hurt. We’ll be honest when it matters, we promise.

3. “Shower me with praise — I deserve to be treated like a queen.”

Look, we don’t want you to get a big head. We think you’re great, but please don’t get offended when we forget to say those nice things all the time. We just can’t remember to be romantic 24/7, especially when there’s a game on and we want to clear our heads. We promise to buy you a chocolate rose from a gas station from time to time, OK?

4. “If you don’t get a job by next week, I’m leaving.”
Well, that’s fair. You know it’s a sluggish economy still, right? Please bear with me,I'm not as lazy as you think

5. “You’re not wearing that shirt…are you?”

Most guys have zero fashion sense. Our lucky shirt may be covered in holes (just like our lucky underwear and lucky socks), but asking us to trash it is like asking us to trash an old friend.
Yeah, we can dress like the store display if you want, but it won’t be the same. You can dress up a turd, but it’s still a turd. Besides, we’d rather spend money on you, babe.

6. “I wish you would show more emotion — I want to see you cry.”
Crying is a sign of weakness. OK, maybe that’s not true, but it feels true. We can hold you and rub your back while your eyes leak, but it’s hard for some of us to share our feelings. Rest assured, though, we are sad on the inside.

7. “Can you smell like Matthew McConaughey looks?”

Sorry, we are guys and we stink. Besides, our musk is what makes you want us, because pheromones or something. Alright, alright, alright…we’ll take a damn shower.

(C) Tony sam
mtchewwwww!....wanted to show us the gif images right? oya we don see am, what else, cos its makes no sense in no sense
Re: 7 Unrealistic Things Women Expect From Men They Are Dating by Infomizer(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Interesting piece!
Tell em op! I can so do number 1 ehn! As a lover of beauty in whatever form.

(1) (Reply)

9 Signs He'll Be An Amazing Dad / The Game / Reasons Why You Should Never Sleep With Any Man That Has Not Married U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.