Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's (29862 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Phone Are You Currently Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Rawani: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
ayyyyo: post=28732056]
I actually use EE in the UK.
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Rawani: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by ayyyyo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Rawani:

I actually use EE in the UK.
Ok nice
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by ask4bk(m): 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
I use an s3.

But I've an iphone 6 gold 16gb which brand new and unopened.
I'm trying to sell it at 127k since I still love Android.

If by Xmas day no one buys it i'll open it up and use myself. Hehe.

see my signature if you are interested in the Iphone 6 and contact me
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Lilamartedi(f): 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
harrysterol:
I saw ur phone today with 1 dude n I ws like mehn na semi camera u d carry waka o, is quite big as compared to the slip set of nowadays
Lolz, yeah it's big.. I lurrvv it tho cheesy
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by henrixx(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
I use Nokia torchlight
green color screen
florescent keypad
radio
torchlight

cons
no cons
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by harrysterol(m): 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lilamartedi:
Lolz, yeah it's big.. I lurrvv it tho cheesy
it seem the camera is breathtaking, how smooth is the OS?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
henrixx:
I use Nokia torchlight
green color screen
florescent keypad
radio
torchlight

cons
no cons
Hahaha. Funny
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by samsard(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
BlackBerry Z10,
Pros: Great [virtual] keyboard; Great graphics, Good camera, uhmmmmm support for [some] android apps, Gesture based control is sweet for me
Cons: Heats-up minutes into graphics heavy gaming; Battery drains too fast; Battery calibration problems is 'annoying';
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by General2COAS(m): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
francis247:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Wtz d name of ur font? I do lyk 2 get it. Thnkz
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Gerrard59(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
xwolverine:
IPhone 6 Space grey 64GB
This is based on personal experience:
Pros:
- Touch ID
- Longer battery life compared to my other phone (HTC M8)
- In-built noise cancellation
- Accurate GPS compared to M8
- Stable OS compared to my android
- Large storage compared to my other phone
- Crisp display
Cons:
- Restricted to apple store unless its Jailbroken
- Can't download torrents
- Restrcition to apple usb cable
- cant transfer media and music to other devices
HTC ONE M8 16GB
PROS:
- Can download Torrents
- can download torrent (i love this)
- can use any mini usb cable to charge
- Easily transfer media to other devices
- flexibility with app downloads
- Loud speakers
CONS:
- no Touch ID
- doesn't have In-built noise cancellation
- GPS Takes a while to triangulate your location
- small storage compared to my Iphone
- typing is a bit glitchy
- unstable OS
- can't delete files from installed apps except through inbuilt file manager

Download SwiftKey keyboard from the Playstore. The HTC one M8 has noise cancellation. Try using the ear piece.

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
harrysterol:
what u waiting for to upgrade to 10.3 os so u cn enjoy it better pm if u interested let me assist u on dt
bro I don't know hw to send pm. With regards to d software update: my phone's been notifying me to upgrade to 10.3 but I'm scared. My z10 was running on 10.2 and was asking for upgrade. I upgraded it and that was the last time I enjoyed dat phone. The ba3 is about 1800mAh which normally lasted for about 10 hours but after the upgrade, it wud shut down on its own when it gets to 60%. It was so frustrating cos I liked that phone more dan this q10. I had to sell it off for mere 20k,what I bot for 43k at slot. So I don't want same to happen to dis one so that why I've decided to keep it running on 10.2
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by biggmusty(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
codedflowz:

I followed the method in this link sir

www.nasirtech..com/2014/06/root-e250sksukne6-android-442-stock.html?m=1

But it might be a different method for your own device right.. .. Do you have the international version N7100?

Yeah mine is international version n7100. Tnx boss
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by xwolverine: 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Gerrard59:

Download SwiftKey keyboard from the Playstore. The HTC one M8 has noise cancellation. Try using the ear piece.

Thanks bro, will try the swift key. But the noise cancellation on the iPhone is inbuilt not with the ear piece which comes in handy especially during rush hour and public areas.
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by codedflowz(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
biggmusty:

Yeah mine is international version n7100. Tnx boss

Well.. You can follow the procedure in this link.. You'll root through Odin tho and you must have a PC

www.android.gs/root-galaxy-note-2-with-odin/
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Slimmos(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
flawless911:
Gionee E3

PROS:

Awesome Display (720p HD with 320ppi)
Sexy Build (4.7inches Screen.. Perfect size for me.. Ah hate Big Fones)
Kitkat (4.4.2)
1.2ghz Quadcore with PowerVR SGX 544MP (GFlops of 9.2)
1GiG RAM
16GiG internal storage partitioned into 10GiG for Files and 3GiG for Apps, d remaining 3GiG for System
Multitasking and Gaming is Great
Inbuilt DTS Sound System (Further tweaked using ViperFX)
8MP Camera.. Really sharp and very powerful Flash

CONS:
Battery! Battery!! BATTERY!!! 1800mah.. Last for 4hours Max on Heavy usage.. So I got a spare ba3 and a 6000mah Powerbank.. wink
Also, Stock ROM lags due to the heavy Gionee Bloatwares.. So to fully enjoy d fone, u need a Custom ROM.. M on Legend ROM v8
how much does d fone go for?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by threadstone(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8

1.5gb ram, 8gb rom dual core broadcom
2600mA,

Software.. CM 12 (Android lollipop 5.0)

Pros.
Massive, durable (has fallen many times, still looks fresh), battery is still superb over a year usage,

Con's.
U have to guard ur original charger (no charger less than 2A wld charge it)

No amoled display
DPI is at 240
Not much support for it until cyanogen came on board
No Samsung update since last year (thank God for CM)

iPhone is next.. Nothing more to see on android

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
harrysterol:
I saw ur phone today with 1 dude n I ws like mehn na semi camera u d carry waka o, is quite big as compared to the slip set of nowadays
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
Prince202020:
Who get Samsung Galaxy S5, please can you share with me the first 12 digits of your imei, thanks in advance.

Wetin you wan use am do

Anyways,here it is;

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by harrysterol(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
eminentme:
bro I don't know hw to send pm. With regards to d software update: my phone's been notifying me to upgrade to 10.3 but I'm scared. My z10 was running on 10.2 and was asking for upgrade. I upgraded it and that was the last time I enjoyed dat phone. The ba3 is about 1800mAh which normally lasted for about 10 hours but after the upgrade, it wud shut down on its own when it gets to 60%. It was so frustrating cos I liked that phone more dan this q10. I had to sell it off for mere 20k,what I bot for 43k at slot. So I don't want same to happen to dis one so that why I've decided to keep it running on 10.2
dnt b scared I hv a radio file for a q10 though am using a z30 if u In lag I will help u do it perfectly for free. , d is a thread for bb10 os users always go there if u hv issues we like big family n ready to assist anyone if the need arises https://www.nairaland.com/1241247/blackberry-10-devices-home-z10/306#1241247.9795
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
eminentme:

You should have downgraded it,then re-upgrade it
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

You should have downgraded it,then re-upgrade it
bro pls how can I downgrade it?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by JayJustus(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
kene05:
Well I'm currently using xiaomi Redmi 1s, sleek, wonderful 8MP front camera and 1.6 rear camera, when I mean clarity, xiaomi has it, forget tecno 13mp, u can't compare, it runs on 1.3ghz mediatek Quadcore c.p.u, 1Gb ram 8Gb internal storage, runs on android 4.4 kitkkat, 2,200mah, battery life is quite okay,, at least 10hrs on heavy usage, sleek design, the sound is average, video quality superb! With corning gorilla glass, and of course it's very affordable, xiaomi no 3. In China the trusted brand. This is mine, so tell me about yours

another xiaomi user here too...waiting for the price of the MI 4 to drop then imma purchase!!!
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
eminentme:
bro pls how can I downgrade it?

Herrysterol,abeg explain to him

Someone helped me when I wanted to downgrade mine way back
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by flawless911(m): 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Slimmos:
how much does d fone go for?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
HTC one xl with one gb of ram, 8mp back camera, 2mp front camera, 16gig ROM and running cyanogenmod 12 with android 5.0.1. I just flashed the ROM yesterday and I'm loving it

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
JayJustus:

another xiaomi user here too...waiting for the price of the MI 4 to drop then imma purchase!!!
Yeah mi4 is a machine..

2 Likes

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Slimmos(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
flawless911:
more xpensive Dan m2
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Marrtynze(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
kene05:
Well I'm currently using xiaomi Redmi 1s, sleek, wonderful 8MP front camera and 1.6 rear camera, when I mean clarity, xiaomi has it, forget tecno 13mp, u can't compare, it runs on 1.3ghz mediatek Quadcore c.p.u, 1Gb ram 8Gb internal storage, runs on android 4.4 kitkkat, 2,200mah, battery life is quite okay,, at least 10hrs on heavy usage, sleek design, the sound is average, video quality superb! With corning gorilla glass, and of course it's very affordable, xiaomi no 3. In China the trusted brand. This is mine, so tell me about yours

aiit so tell us d price?

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by shyshally(f): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
I use blackberry 9320 and gionee elife E3.
the BB for easy internet connection
Cons: battery life and storage space
Gionee elife E3:
the screen is quite very clear 720*1200(I think,smething like this),storage space(16gb), its sleekness,etc

Cons;I dnt hate anything abt this phone,its d perfect phone for me
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by UjSizzle(f): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
jaybee3:
I don't have a phone so i'm waiting on santa to bring me one this xmas
*In Anna's voice*

Do you have a chimney?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by jaybee3(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
UjSizzle:

*In Anna's voice*

Do you have a chimney?
*In Dirk's voice*
I have a Rod

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

TECNO Introduces The Latest SPARK 9 Series To Redefine Selfie And Iconic Design / Tecno Pouvoir 4 Becomes First Mediatek Soc Smartphone To Receive Android 11 Beta / Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.