Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike (72700 Views)

Two Die As Car Rams Into A Tree And Breaks To Pieces (Photos) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 1:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Ishilove:

Baba olokada grin
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by MduZA: 2:27am On Nov 09, 2014
all4naija:
Possibly when he arrived in South Africa he saw many Zulus and Xhosas in their exposed bosoms and peanuts dancing in the dusty streets of Township.

I am proud of you as a Nigerian, Kanu.
grin cheesy

if the mentality of young Nigerians is in the same path with yours....nothing good will ever come out from that country

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 09, 2014
diluminati:
[b]Well is there anything special about it? [/b]It would have made more sense if he did it for a cause like riding across Africa so gej can end this boko haram insurgency or riding across africa for gej to end corruption...etc, something like that.

Yes, there's a lot special about it.

I would take time to elaborate but it would be wasted on you.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 09, 2014
musicwriter:

Those asking how he crossed the sea, that question shouldn't arise, unless you're genuinely a kid who need to know.

The way it's done is; if he get to the last country/land before a river/sea he have to cargo his motorcycle and cross it over the sea/river. Once on the other side (dry land) he will continue his journey by motorcycle.

Before river Niger was built people traveling to the eastern part of Nigeria or coming to western Nigeria as it was called will do the same thing. Their bus will stop at a town just before the river/sea and they will simply cargoe their wares across the sea and continue their journey with a bus immediately on the other side.

Let me ask you. Those who travel to Europe by land through the desert from Niger, Mali, Lybia; How do they get to Europe?.

It's no big deal crossing a river with a bike.

An astute response.

That you had to take time to explain it to people with internet access makes me shake my head in shame at the dullards that asked the question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2014
ebus511:

Below is the route from Nigeria to Europe by land only
From Maiduguri to Chad; 87 km
From Chad to Sudan ; 1,360 km
From Sudan to Egypt ; 1,273 km
From Egypt to Israel ; 266 km
From Israel to Syria ; 76 km
From Syria to turkey ; 822 km
From turkey to Bulgaria; 240 km
From Bulgaria to Serbia; 318 km
From Serbia to Hungary; 241 km
from Hungary to Austria; 366 km
from Austria Italy; 430 km
from Italy to France; 488 km
from France to Germany: 451 km

See me see directions o!!! U wan make I go start my own journey?? ?? ..

Any ways we all know it's true
But you know how Nlanders are.. cheesy

We say it's not true to keep the THREAD long enough!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

[size=60pt] SCAM !!!!!! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:

An astute response.

That you had to take time to explain it to people with internet access makes me shake my head in shame at the dullards that asked the question.

The question here is "Did he ride across the sea "

To me: He travelled to Europe...

HE [size=60pt] DID NOT RIDE [/size] TO EUROPE
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by thexzy(m): 6:58am On Nov 09, 2014
4rm Naija to South Africa By Bike now on point, Oya na.........Calling ((((OKada)))) Biko 4rm naija to S/A na how much u go collect??
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2014
thexzy:
4rm Naija to South Africa By Bike now on point, Oya na.........Calling ((((OKada)))) Biko 4rm naija to S/A na how much u go collect??

Your one year salary.. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Tallesty1(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2014
xcel88:

A guy also crawl from abuja to lagos
It is not impossible.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by ebus511: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXX:

See me see directions o!!! U wan make I go start my own journey?? ?? ..

Any ways we all know it's true
But you know how Nlanders are.. cheesy

We say it's not true to keep the THREAD long enough!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

lol no be small thing

[size=60pt] SCAM !!!!!! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Kayczz: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2014
spicy244:
You should av done more justice to the topic by telling us the number of dayz or hours or months he used on the road. BTW, when embarking on the trip, how many packs of food did he carry along with him.

#justdoubting

the engine no knock off?

the idiot fit carry the bike inside ship and relax dere joor
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Kayczz: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2014
mikron:
A Nigerian and chemical Engineer, Ogbonnaya Kanu, also known as Foto Dadi, has broken a record as the first man to ride a motorcycle from Lagos to South Africa, Kanu who is the first and returning Vice President of the Association of Nigerian Motorcycle Clubs, has ridden motorcycles to 26 countries of the world. In 23 of the trips, he traveled with his own Nigerian-registered motorcycle.

In 2012, he rode solo from Lagos-Nigeria to Austria, riding through France, Germany, Austria, and Italy; and in mid-October, he embarked on another solo trip from South Africa to Lagos.
Kanu is the co-founder, and member of the Board of Trustees of the Easy Riders Motorcycle Club of Nigeria – the first registered motorcycle club in Nigeria.

He is also the co-founder of Ride Easy Motorcycle Training School; co-founder and member Board of Trustees, Ride Easy Motorcycling Club of Lagos, and Superbike Clubs Association of Nigeria (SCAN).
http://nigeriacamera.net/nigerian-man-breaks-record-rides-to-south-africa-from-lagos-on-motorbike/

the engine no knock off ?
the fit carry the bike inside ship and relax dere
joor
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Revolva(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2014
grin grin grin na him own achievement be dat me dey find guap oo..money
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by aizayahtosh(m): 11:00am On Nov 09, 2014
I dey wait to hear say person use leg go canada
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by fowowe411: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2014
diluminati:
Well is there anything special about it? It would have made more sense if he did it for a cause like riding across Africa so gej can end this boko haram insurgency or riding across africa for gej to end corruption...etc, something like that.
westerners have brainwashed you i swear.........so because the whites do all sort of weird things to get the attention of people to an issue means we should do the same?smh.If you like come trek from Awka to Bombay,Oyedepo wont still sell his private jet!
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by cbrass(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
sdavirus:

lol.
the sea is not part of either continent, so guess we are counting dry ground.

Lai lai...as long as he didn't ride over the sea then its null and void,
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Godmother(f): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
cbrass:

Lai lai...as long as he didn't ride over the sea then its null and void,

Oga Cbrass, how do you expect a man to ride on water shocked
He's not Jesus na. Lol
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Henrhyme4u(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
I no get mark for voice
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by sultaan(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Those who have been here for a while knows fotodaddy was a regular poster till he really went into bikes.I have no doubt he did it because its doable to Austria might be through the Sinai peninsula.

A person will need basket ball sized balls to do such things but for those of us with walnut sized(perfectly normal) can give credit to those who earned it.

People have bucket lists they really go after so he is checking his off grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by cbrass(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Godmother:

Oga Cbrass, how do you expect a man to ride on water shocked
He's not Jesus na. Lol

emmm.... wink
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by redsun(m): 12:55am On Nov 10, 2014
He an adventurer,not to go love-vendor or sale drugs in south Africa,but to shows that things can be done and that a man can live as he chooses in his own country and continent.

He seem like a wise man.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by rhascovenus(m): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
omo naija ale fi eyin shi pepsi.........make mongo park and ajala they hear from heaven
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by rhascovenus(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
rhascovenus:
omo naija ale fi eyin shi pepsi.........make mongo park and ajala they hear from heaven

grin angry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked......WE SEF DON THEY EXPLORE

OYINBO THINK SAY THEY GO FOOL US FOREVER
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Domus: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2014
I guess People are confusing the facts here. The Lagos is not the Lagos in Portugal but Lagos in Nigeria! If Readers know that the Lagos in question is definitely the Lagos in Nigeria, then its Terrible, Terrible and Very Terrible the Geographical knowledge of many of the responses to this post which read:

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike

The Key phrases here are, 'South Africa', and 'from Lagos'.

P L E A S E

EVERYBODY,

SOUTH AFRICA IS IN AFRICA O!

You don't ride up north you ride DOWNWARDS to get to South Africa!

South Africa is the last Country in the southern part of the African continent.

You would not even need to get to Benin Republic talk less Sudan or Morocco on your way to South Africa!

NA WA O!
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by thexzy(m): 12:39am On Feb 10, 2015
XXXXXXXXXXX:

Your one year salary.. grin
LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mechanic Roundtable / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars / Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.