Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike (72699 Views)

Two Die As Car Rams Into A Tree And Breaks To Pieces (Photos) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by musicwriter(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
alotofgrace:
HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

shocked shocked shocked ..... on bike ??

is there bridge between Morocco and Spain? or how did he cross Africa to Europe or another continent?

Those asking how he crossed the sea, that question shouldn't arise, unless you're genuinely a kid who need to know.

The way it's done is; if he get to the last country/land before a river/sea he have to cargo his motorcycle and cross it over the sea/river. Once on the other side (dry land) he will continue his journey by motorcycle.

Before river Niger was built people traveling to the eastern part of Nigeria or coming to western Nigeria as it was called will do the same thing. Their bus will stop at a town just before the river/sea and they will simply cargoe their wares across the sea and continue their journey with a bus immediately on the other side.

Let me ask you. Those who travel to Europe by land through the desert from Niger, Mali, Lybia; How do they get to Europe?.

It's no big deal crossing a river with a bike.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
fyneboi79:
God bless ‎u for putting that lunatic where he belongs grin
Nwanna, that psycho provoked me. She made it seem like an easy feat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Adedayo516(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
lacidi:

It's 'thread' not 'trend'.
Thanks to auto correct you're correcting me..

Thanks anyway
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by komekn(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
yadnus1:
I decided to wait this long before l comment on this post and was surprised with the sheer ignorance of some ppl couple with inability to just think outside the box. When many heard that Mr Kanu travelled to Austria via power bike what their minds can't fanthom is how he managed to ride through the Meditteranean or fly his bike over the Gilbatrar among many other trans-boarder obstacles only little mind can see. They don't even bother to go through some links provided by some sound mind commentators where the man in details explained how he execute the trip;na wah o na so we lazy reach?Even Mr Kanu's adventures did not come as a news to some of us who had been following it for some time now-My God where is Shagatti when you need him. Other Nigerians in the past have performed such feats as early as 60s. Late Olabisi Ajala readily comes to mind who tour the world on Scooter not even a power bike. He was a journalist and a well documented details of his adventures was given in his book 'An African Abroad' Yoruba ppl always make allusion to his feat by reffering to anybody who loves travelling as 'Ajala'.There is also an Hausa man again who travelled the world on motorcycle Abudulahi-can't remember his other name. This is to show that Nigerians love adventures we just have to accord some respect to those ppl that put their name in a small place in d record book rather than trying to rubbish the efforts they put into such dangerous expenditions.

Just for those who seem uninformed about the myriad of options available for short sea crossings from continent to continent below are a number of links. I had tried to some years ago to organise a London to Lagos road trip but was largely welcomed by this kind of ignorance, your comments are most welcomed Yadnus.

http://www.andalucia.com/travel/ferry/home.htm

http://www.ferries.co.uk/tarifa_tangier.html
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Haishophem(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
all4naija:
Bravo, Kanu! I hope your heart foundation the best. This proves that after retiring from soccer you have something better to do with your life. I like Kanu much more this time around for embarking on transnational tour on a bike! South African blacks cannot do that in their Township squalor!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

Why are some people so lazy to read between lines...how did Ogbonnaya Kanu transformed into Nwankwo kanu. heart foundation ko liver foundation ni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
Haishophem:

Why are some people so lazy to read between lines...how did Ogbonnaya Kanu transformed into Nwankwo kanu. heart foundation ko liver foundation ni
I read through. I am not a soccer fan but I know Kanu to be a famous Nigerian player. Please... buff-off if you are here to talk me down. You i d i o t!
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by lyricalz: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Heavy lamba
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by oluwasegun007(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXX:
Hin drive bike pass water abi to Austria shocked ........... Chei!
He 'Ride solo'
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by oluwasegun007(m): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
Abeg hold dat guy oooo before he ride go Jupiter...wetin dey pursue am sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Awoofawo(m): 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
Umennajiego:
ferry across water my brother it is simple but atleast 80% was done on land and about Austria it just a matter of getting to north Africa and cross the Mediterranean sea(stand to be corrected) and over to europe....IMO that guy doesn't look like a full Nigeria maybe half breed smiley

you are only one who got brain here, the rest are classical olodo a reflection of our poor education system, a simple deductive reasoning they can't make........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by isacolukay(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
chymystique:
I would love to go on such rides cool

I wouldn't mind taking u on such trips.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by ocheu(f): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
yadnus1:
I decided to wait this long before l comment on this post and was surprised with the sheer ignorance of some ppl couple with inability to just think outside the box. When many heard that Mr Kanu travelled to Austria via power bike what their minds can't fanthom is how he managed to ride through the Meditteranean or fly his bike over the Gilbatrar among many other trans-boarder obstacles only little mind can see. They don't even bother to go through some links provided by some sound mind commentators where the man in details explained how he execute the trip;na wah o na so we lazy reach?Even Mr Kanu's adventures did not come as a news to some of us who had been following it for some time now-My God where is Shagatti when you need him. Other Nigerians in the past have performed such feats as early as 60s. Late Olabisi Ajala readily comes to mind who tour the world on Scooter not even a power bike. He was a journalist and a well documented details of his adventures was given in his book 'An African Abroad' Yoruba ppl always make allusion to his feat by reffering to anybody who loves travelling as 'Ajala'.There is also an Hausa man again who travelled the world on motorcycle Abudulahi-can't remember his other name. This is to show that Nigerians love adventures we just have to accord some respect to those ppl that put their name in a small place in d record book rather than trying to rubbish the efforts they put into such dangerous expenditions.
thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Awoofawo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
Maser:
Obviously your knowledge of geography is poor.He could have passed through Egypt's sinai which connects Africa and middle East by land and then get to Turkey and enter Europe by land. Very possible!
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Awoofawo(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Maser:
Obviously your knowledge of geography is poor.He could have passed through Egypt's sinai which connects Africa and middle East by land and then get to Turkey and enter Europe by land. Very possible!

am suprise that you have time fro those clowns who can't even point nigeria out on the world map cool
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by ebus511: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXX:
Hin drive bike pass water abi to Austria shocked ........... Chei!
Below is the route from Nigeria to Europe by land only
From Maiduguri to Chad; 87 km
From Chad to Sudan ; 1,360 km
From Sudan to Egypt ; 1,273 km
From Egypt to Israel ; 266 km
From Israel to Syria ; 76 km
From Syria to turkey ; 822 km
From turkey to Bulgaria; 240 km
From Bulgaria to Serbia; 318 km
From Serbia to Hungary; 241 km
from Hungary to Austria; 366 km
from Austria Italy; 430 km
from Italy to France; 488 km
from France to Germany: 451 km

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Interesting
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by ebus511: 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Below is the route from Nigeria to Europe by land only
From Maiduguri to Chad; 87 km
From Chad to Sudan ; 1,360 km
From Sudan to Egypt ; 1,273 km
From Egypt to Israel ; 266 km
From Israel to Syria ; 76 km
From Syria to turkey ; 822 km
From turkey to Bulgaria; 240 km
From Bulgaria to Serbia; 318 km
From Serbia to Hungary; 241 km
from Hungary to Austria; 366 km
from Austria Italy; 430 km
from Italy to France; 488 km
from France to Germany: 451 km
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by NobleG1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
Congratulations! What a feat!
The greatest adventure.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by raphy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
me wey carry canoe enta italy did they give me medal or national honor.make una ,no worry when records are set its means to be broken by someone else.u guys will soon here that someone travel keke from lagos to london.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by blessedfavoured: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
Me I just want to famz. This man trained me during IT(siwes). Water quality and stuff.
It's not really famzing but u know smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by sdavirus: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
cbrass:

Then he didn't ride to europe tongue

lol.
the sea is not part of either continent, so guess we are counting dry ground.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by xcel88(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
A guy don trek from abuja to Enugu.

A guy also crawl from abuja to lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by ebus511: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Below is the route from Nigeria to south Africa by land only
From Calabar to Cameroon 130 km
From Cameroon to Republic of the Congo: 523 km
From Republic of the Congo: to Angola: 201 km
From Angola: to Zambia ; 1,110 km
From Zambia to Mozambique; 419 km
From Mozambique to South Africa : 491 km
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Tinyemeka(m): 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dopeyomi:

But tha̶̲̥̅̊t guy try o... South_africa to Lagos Shey the man ride bike untOp sea too

Abi na dryLand from australia to naija
Abi the bike geht wing
Abi the bike d̶̲̅ε̲̣y fly
Like how many months did he use to get there
So he was αвℓє to refuel the bike on the sea too
Filling station is available there to abi

Am still finding it hard to believe!

So this post eventually мα∂є frontpage

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
What sea seperates Lagos from S.A?

Have you ever heard the word geography? undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Possibly when he arrived in South Africa he saw many Zulus and Xhosas in their exposed bosoms and peanuts dancing in the dusty streets of Township.

I am proud of you as a Nigerian, Kanu.
grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by cheerfulbaby: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
I'm priviledged to know Mr Kanu personally and I can say he's one man that loves riding the motorcycle.He rode to europe all by himself in 2012 and now on his way riding back from Southafrica to Nigeria. I bet some of us would have believed his story more if he were not a Nigerian (just saying). Or could it be that we are just very shallow in our thinking because I honestly can't understand why people will doubt.the story. Please let us learn to celebrate our own especially when they do extraordinary things.

You can also read more.on http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/super-biker-ogbonnaya-kanu-becomes.html?m=1
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by johnp2(m): 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
[quote author=alotofgrace post=27822251]HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

is there bridge between Morocco and Spain? or how did he cross Africa to Europe or another continent?

[/quote

Yes there is take from moroco to spain will not take the whole day!!!
Better still most guy who goes to spain pass through moroco they will pay some guy to help them break the ice in the mid night and they will sneak to the water melon farm,,, in spain from there they find their way to the town!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by nora544: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
cheerfulbaby:
I'm priviledged to know Mr Kanu personally and I can say he's one man that loves riding the motorcycle.He rode to europe all by himself in 2012 and now on his way riding back from Southafrica to Nigeria. I bet some of us would have believed his story more if he were not a Nigerian (just saying). Or could it be that we are just very shallow in our thinking because I honestly can't understand why people will doubt.the story. Please let us learn to celebrate our own especially when they do extraordinary things.

You can also read more.on http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/super-biker-ogbonnaya-kanu-becomes.html?m=1

I know that he make it to my country and I know it is possible but i know also that many people are not educated and didnot know that between europa and africa we have ferrys.

I know that his story is tru.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by leofab(f): 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
alotofgrace:
HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

eye dey pain you ni? Wetin consign Morocco consign South Africa, abi you can decipher the difference between South Africa and South America?
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 09, 2014
oluwasegun007:

He 'Ride solo'

He don turn 'charmillionaire'/.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mechanic Roundtable / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars / Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.