Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike (72703 Views)

Two Die As Car Rams Into A Tree And Breaks To Pieces (Photos) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
Iffffffy:
mama loves me and its "twist" not tweest winkmama loves me and its "twist" not tweest

You never see Chinese Oliver "twist"??
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by LordReed(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
abdulwastecx:

it is not possible since continental Africa is an islan with no raod link to Europe.

since he usew ferry to cross to the other side we can't really say he ride from Africa to Europe....small knowledge of geography shows how ridiculous your escertion was

Circumnavigation of the globe by air will require stops for refuelling, does that mean the person didn't go round the world by air because he has to land to refuel?
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
abdulwastecx:

it is not possible since continental Africa is an islan with no raod link to Europe.

since he usew ferry to cross to the other side we can't really say he ride from Africa to Europe....small knowledge of geography shows how ridiculous your escertion was

LordReed:

Circumnavigation of the globe by air will require stops for refuelling, does that mean the person didn't go round the world by air because he has to land to refuel?

Una too dey yan much!!!! The man don set hin record.. Leave am for am joor o
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by engrsenator(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
The Man Need To Answer Many Questions Before I Believe
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by yadnus1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
I decided to wait this long before l comment on this post and was surprised with the sheer ignorance of some ppl couple with inability to just think outside the box. When many heard that Mr Kanu travelled to Austria via power bike what their minds can't fanthom is how he managed to ride through the Meditteranean or fly his bike over the Gilbatrar among many other trans-boarder obstacles only little mind can see. They don't even bother to go through some links provided by some sound mind commentators where the man in details explained how he execute the trip;na wah o na so we lazy reach?Even Mr Kanu's adventures did not come as a news to some of us who had been following it for some time now-My God where is Shagatti when you need him. Other Nigerians in the past have performed such feats as early as 60s. Late Olabisi Ajala readily comes to mind who tour the world on Scooter not even a power bike. He was a journalist and a well documented details of his adventures was given in his book 'An African Abroad' Yoruba ppl always make allusion to his feat by reffering to anybody who loves travelling as 'Ajala'.There is also an Hausa man again who travelled the world on motorcycle Abudulahi-can't remember his other name. This is to show that Nigerians love adventures we just have to accord some respect to those ppl that put their name in a small place in d record book rather than trying to rubbish the efforts they put into such dangerous expenditions.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
alotofgrace:
HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

shocked shocked shocked ..... on bike ??

is there bridge between Morocco and Spain? or how did he cross Africa to Europe or another continent?

Primitive people! Did the people who have done it in the past rode their bikes through sea as well?! When you get to the sea area(shore) you would have to use ferry or boat to cross your bike. It is now I know most Nigerians aren't smart as they think.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Dailyfavour(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
OP just open half baked tread for UNA, but the thing sha attract people, weldon jawe.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
Bravo, Kanu! I hope your heart foundation the best. This proves that after retiring from soccer you have something better to do with your life. I like Kanu much more this time around for embarking on transnational tour on a bike! South African blacks cannot do that in their Township squalor!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by experimentist: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXX:
Chei!!!! See ""...... shocked

No mind joor!!!

I was there!!! grin
o boy how many X's dey for ur user name so?
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
experimentist:
o boy how many X's dey for ur user name so?

11......... It doesn't mean 11 exes sha!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
alotofgrace:
HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

shocked shocked shocked ..... on bike ??

is there bridge between Morocco and Spain? or how did he cross Africa to Europe or another continent?

Easy. Here's how he crossed:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by lowwenfresh: 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
your own na suffer head
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
philtrum:
This guy try ooo
I go fit try am like this

Modified:

I'm curious how did he cross the oceans and big waters....What of border security, Did he go through desert...#JustCurious

Happy weekend Op (Mikron)
#FTC it's been a while mehn..
My broda tnx alot. Hope u re good?
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dopeyomi:

But tha̶̲̥̅̊t guy try o... South_africa to Lagos Shey the man ride bike untOp sea too

Abi na dryLand from australia to naija
Abi the bike geht wing
Abi the bike d̶̲̅ε̲̣y fly
Like how many months did he use to get there
So he was αвℓє to refuel the bike on the sea too
Filling station is available there to abi

Am still finding it hard to believe!

So this post eventually мα∂є frontpage

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
it made front page o. I thank baba God
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
What of me we don ride bicycle frow Abuja to Enugu in a day,oya give me medal
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Umennajiego:
ferry across water my brother it is simple but atleast 80% was done on land and about Austria it just a matter of getting to north Africa and cross the Mediterranean sea(stand to be corrected) and over to europe....IMO that guy doesn't look like a full Nigeria maybe half breed smiley
u have a point
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
IN HIS DREAM I THINK.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by philtrum(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
mikron:
My broda tnx alot. Hope u re good?
I'm fine ooo
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by chukxie(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
whitecat2:
People do all the time, at least I know friends who drove from Senegal to Paris. The problem is when some people who can lie just about everything bring a topic, you just have to follow the pattern. You and I know why many including my humble self don't believe this very story.

Nice response. I respect logical responses cos only logical people are capable of giving them. Respect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by dante23: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
all4naija:
Bravo, Kanu! I hope your heart foundation the best. This proves that after retiring from soccer you have something better to do with your life. I like Kanu much more this time around for embarking on transnational tour on a bike! South African blacks cannot do that in their Township squalor!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

I'm guessing you are totally lost on the name "KANU"
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by dante23: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
I hope you all know he is a nairalander. He goes by the name fotodaddy on here.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
dante23:

I'm guessing you are totally lost on the name "KANU"
Oh,I thought that's the only famous Kanu in Nigeria. Who is this Kanu?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Dopeyomi(m): 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
mikron:
it made front page o. I thank baba God

Shey yσυя post too d̶̲̅ε̲̣y front page ni Abi why yσυ d̶̲̅ε̲̣y jubilate like this
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Wisegeek01(m): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Shey yσυя post too d̶̲̅ε̲̣y front page ni Abi why yσυ d̶̲̅ε̲̣y jubilate like this

Lol"
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by deolu2000(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
What about my uncle's friend sis' cousin that just jugged from lagos to califonia nko?abeg nothing new here jare.
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by lacidi: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
Adedayo516:
The level of ignorance on this trend is on top notch steroids...
It's 'thread' not 'trend'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by RotrEmmanuel: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
idontbilieveit
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Mosb(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
This guy z high
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by princess8(f): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
This is serious I dnt belive this one bit til proper. Explantion on that Trip is given how he crossed the altlantic ocean from spain to morocco
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by musicwriter(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dopeyomi:

But tha̶̲̥̅̊t guy try o... South_africa to Lagos Shey the man ride bike untOp sea too

Abi na dryLand from australia to naija
Abi the bike geht wing
Abi the bike d̶̲̅ε̲̣y fly
Like how many months did he use to get there
So he was αвℓє to refuel the bike on the sea too
Filling station is available there to abi

Am still finding it hard to believe!

So this post eventually мα∂є frontpage

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Those asking how he crossed the sea, that question shouldn't arise, unless you're genuinely a kid who need to know.

The way it's done is; if he get to the last country/land before a river/sea he have to cargo his motorcycle and cross it over the sea/river. Once on the other side (dry land) he will continue his journey by motorcycle.

Before river Niger was built people traveling to the eastern part of Nigeria or coming to western Nigeria as it was called will do the same thing. Their bus will stop at a town just before the river/sea and they will simply cargoe their wares across the sea and continue their journey with a bus immediately on the other side.

Let me ask you. Those who travel to Europe by land through the desert from Niger, Mali, Lybia; How do they get to Europe?.

It's no big deal crossing a river with a bike.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mechanic Roundtable / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars / Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.