Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. (46975 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
surg411:

2K per week, if I hear
With provisions it's enough
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ninovandross(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
I seriously no know wetin i dey use the money do.
omo bro even me oh, b4 I knw 30k don finish man don reck again, I need to go and see baba
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Provab: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2014
You are very Lucky.
I graduated last year and my first two years I lived on 5000naira per month and the last two years was on 8000naira. This was how I coped...,

1. I stayed in the school hostel,,, reason is 'you don't have to bother about water supply,electricity n watching football matches.

2. One carton of indomie did me well,n foodstuffs especially(garri n milk). No matter what you think it is far economical to cook than to buy already cooked food.

3. Make good frnds: they would save u with garri,borrow u money, write attendance for u if u lack tfare to reach school, and also u can do joint cooking with a trusting frnd, that soup issue can be solved this way.

4. Photocopy: I photocopied almost all the materials I needed in school cos I couldn't afford to buy n the bulky ones that can be phtocopied I just borrow them from frnds and read them ahead of time, making notes n photocopying the very important aspects

5. Don't do without gals: yes! I followed gals very well in school, leaving gals is not the issue but letting them know where u stand is the main point. Let them know u can't spend on them, that u don't have enough, just be sincere n trust me u won't have money issues with them. By the way most gals in school are easily willing to please guys n I had a gal that brought food for me once in a while.

6. Engage yourself: for me I was in a chess club so when I was really really broke I just go n play chess n forget all my problems n most times I'll get a treat from person wey beat me or person wey I beat.

7. Don't forget God: whether we like it or not God is highly needed and I am 100% sure I couldn't have made it without Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by donkelz(m): 10:35am On Nov 12, 2014
OP am also in uniuyo. Pm me let's talk and I'll give u tips to managing ur financies in uniuyo.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2014
coolest0:

Is your school KSU? I grad. From there 011 and currently work there
Which dept do u work with? A Grad as well
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ceecee02: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Bro 10k with foodstuff na flexing ooo..apart from my first year and 1st semester 2nd year I never got 10k togeda for a month......it was 4k for 3wks and another 2k to patch up before d month ended then wait for another one week for mumsy to send another money which will probably be 3k............ur best bet is to divide ur money into weeks.if u spend all ur money before d end of dat week den disipline ur self nt to witdraw until ur withdrawal day like me my withdrawal day was mondays except sometine very very urgent.......I survived does years as I graduated 2011 u too can survive jus hav gud click of friend gender irrespective
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by tsalmjohn(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
yemi2plus:
This is how I have been coping.

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

I hope this help?

chairman you na correct. ksu student oO
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
Besto:

U dont carry moni to skul...probably wen 1 essential need arises na to rub 1boi head for skul...ur types dont usually say no to "babe do u care for snacks"
dude I dun do dat! I don't even walk around letalone feeling hungry and eyeing a guy for a snack. d only reason I wud take money is if I needed to buy soup ingredient on my way back frm sch. not all girls are same dear
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by wizard007(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
I thank God for my life sha......OP the Lord is your strength
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by fanzz: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mr student...na waka I dey waka,sote I see watin u post for ur double wahala wey dey trouble ur live##lol#
As for me##lmao#
Make sure u dey fast from 8am to 11am in other to spend at least 300 per day .
Make sure u no get eny female number in ur phone because famale consume lot of cal card.
Buy food stuff lik gARRI,half bag of kulikuli,2 congo of beans,2 congo of rice and stop eating mama put.

See mr student,there are many ways to kill a rat..oK!

#i_jos_dey_pass_by#
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Chai! Uhmmm, 10k in a month? I don't think I've spent up to 5k in a month ever since I gained admission infact that 10k is what I get for a whole semester regardless of what I need and how expensive they might be. Well, poverty is a disease lol, I know 100k won't be anything to me soon. wink cheesy
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ewosk: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
****Trolling*****

Man Know thy sef....

Wow Hall4 beans help oo....my roomie allawee for most tyms of d year was 3.k5, mine was higher tho... Bt u will never kno...foodstuff....
Lots of garri...eguisi, beans n oil...na only onion, meat n leaf we dey buy weekly...n d stomach ministry went to d permanent site...
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by hezy4real01(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2014
I think the most important thing is buying of recharge cards if you can watch that, that solves it.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by julybaba(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

Firstly, learn how to cook, it doesn't cost much to cook nice food. It only requires SKILL. so learn the skill. It will be useful not only in school, but also during your service year and period of "bachelorship".
You save more money, if you cook your food yourself.

Secondly, depending on how much you eat daily, buy food stuff that can sustain you for the month. e.g

a.) 3 kongo of Rice. #900.00
b.) 2 kongo of Beans #600.00
c.) 4 kongo of gari #600.00
d.) Palm oil (1 bottle) #200.00
e.) Dried and Grounded Peper ( 1/2 kongo) or you buy dried pepper and grind it yourself. You cant spend more than #400.00 for that.
f.) Dried Fish #1000.00
g.)Kerosene (4 litre) #1000.00
h.) Maggi, Salt, Onions, matches and Egusi. #500
i.) 0thers

If you spend #5000.00 for buying provision, you cant finish it, before the next month.

Thirdly, Set a limit on the remaining #5000.00, you dont have to finish everything, you can be saving #1000.00 every month, in case of delayed allowance or unforseen circumstance. Know your level, dont compare yourself with others. Know where you are going and what you went to school to do. You will make it.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by furetin(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2014
julybaba:

Firstly, learn how to cook, it doesn't cost much to cook nice food. It only requires SKILL. so learn the skill. It will be useful not only in school, but also during your service year and period of "bachelorship".
You save more money, if you cook your food yourself.

Secondly, depending on how much you eat daily, buy food stuff that can sustain you for the month. e.g

a.) 3 kongo of Rice. #900.00
b.) 2 kongo of Beans #600.00
c.) 4 kongo of gari #600.00
d.) Palm oil (1 bottle) #200.00
e.) Dried and Grounded Peper ( 1/2 kongo) or you buy dried pepper and grind it yourself. You cant spend more than #400.00 for that.
f.) Dried Fish #1000.00
g.)Kerosene (4 litre) #1000.00
h.) Maggi, Salt, Onions, matches and Egusi. #500
i.) 0thers

If you spend #5000.00 for buying provision, you cant finish it, before the next month.

Thirdly, Set a limit on the remaining #5000.00, you dont have to finish everything, you can be saving #1000.00 every month, in case of delayed allowance or unforseen circumstance. Know your level, dont compare yourself with others. Know where you are going and what you went to school to do. You will make it.
Wow nice i cant wait to try this point next semester Thanks sir
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by djcrooky(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

10k a month? Choi ... Mehn thank God my parent could manage my wide mouth.. Parent dey try... An extra job could or lil business could help

yemi2plus:
This is how I have been coping.

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

I hope this help?

This advice is solid.. Bros you na manager oh!!!!!!!!!!! The lord is your strength...
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by priscillawill(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
eobasi:
15k in ghana shud serve u 2months + d flexing,a hot chick in campus! Heard dat state is #brooke#
that na when cedis fall an tins high die,
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
golor:

beer is a no no no i dnt even think of that cos the last time i try to do dat was 3years ago and it was very bitter and ever since then beer they one side,i deh anoda side...for woman it no cos most of my campus girls re end time girls.

Hey, can you answer my pm please. smiley
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by coolest0(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Pinkyeyes:
Which dept do u work with? A Grad as well

I work @ diagnostic now Kogi State University Teaching Hospital, and you?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by handie(m): 5:52am On Nov 14, 2014
ewosk:
****Trolling*****

Man Know thy sef....

Wow Hall4 beans help oo....my roomie allawee for most tyms of d year was 3.k5, mine was higher tho... Bt u will never kno...foodstuff....
Lots of garri...eguisi, beans n oil...na only onion, meat n leaf we dey buy weekly...n d stomach ministry went to d permanent site...
greatest UNIBENITE. I dey feel you
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by larouz(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
[quote author=JerryJude post=27910186][/quote]nawa o d story no jes make sense
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Noah13: 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
Couple of years later and this thread is still lit grin
Seen some of the funniest advices a uni student can get, it really doesn't get better than this
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Noah13: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
logicboy01:
Noah13 ezeAzhrzLabD
what?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by AlphaStyles(m): 7:03am On Oct 10, 2021
ooh how everything changed,how food prices soared and how the naira devalued now even 20k can hardly feed a student well.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Anoniemos01: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Jackossky(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
This reminds me of my days when I was in school. Receiving an 'allawee' of 25-30k monthly... Didn't have a girlfriend I spend heavily on, don't drink nor do I smoke. To cap it all, all this betting companies were envious of me for I don't patronise their outlet.wink

With this way of life, even the 30k wasn't enough, talkless of saving.
I'd fill gas, a packet of indomie, packet of spaghetti, a pale of garri accompanied with milk and and sugar... Oh, grinded pepper and tomato paste to help cushion the spaghetti plus textbooks I will have to buy.

What I just know is, it wasn't enough. I will advise you diversify, make sure your class note is upto date, then sell photocopies of it. Do little task for your friends like paying their school fees and other school payments
. Cafe collects upto 1k but it's something you can do with your phone and print it out for 50 naira or less
Lastly, be modest and considerate.

My little penny
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Edigue23: 8:17pm On May 03
Maybe within 1week that's 7days cook a soup of 2k. The remaining 8k. Out of it you can buy milk and Milo for the next 10days that is 1650 plus bread 10 that is 2000. The remaining 4450 for misseleneous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Student Eggplant Goes Missing In Uniport(photo) / Chinese Nursery School Hires Sexy Pole Dancers To Welcome Kids Back To School / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.