Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? (32932 Views)

Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bbsharon(f): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2015
Hello nairalanders, I will like meaningful contributions here on this topic.

I believe the yet to resume jambites or those yet to even write jamb will learn from this. So pls kindly share your experience, what you did to overcome the setback.

What were the things you did or didn't do that made you fail or you think made you fail?

Also were you given "f" as student would say or you obtained it.

pls share.

fynestboi lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by queridosbabe: 6:26am On Dec 28, 2015
I felt cheated. It was maths Bus 106 2nd semester. I had to rewrite anyway and I excelled.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bbsharon(f): 6:32am On Dec 28, 2015
My experience

When I gained admision to Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) my joy knew no bounds. Tho I wanted to do biological science but was given chemistry. I was just too happy I got the admission and nothing more. I
did not take my time to find out about the course so I found
out the hard way In school, one thing I want jambites to please do before resuming. Find out about your course of study and stop waiting for any orientation programme honestly you might not hear or pick anything from what they will say and that is if
you even attend the orientation programme.
I had my first "f" in year one as an undergraduate and I tell
you it was terrible. I cried my eyes out. I had "f" in a 5units
course, I just stared at the result for long and could not
believe it was my result.Bad enough it was pasted with
name and matric no. Typical of mathematics department in OAU. They have got no chills for anybody, is none of their
business if you did not offer further maths in your secondary school. They teach like it's a continuation from secondary school further maths. They jump steps and keep telling you am sure you have done this in secondary school.

Gosh, those days i felt like strangling them and mind you I
was attending classes regularly but still failed so it was that terrible. I immediately checked out my friends results too and they all passed, even the one that had an E made me feel bad, then I remembered that movie "3idiots" .
" when your friends fail you are worried and when they do pass and you fail, you become morw worried"

It was not easy telling people my pain then, some were just
curious not like they care. And then you meet senior
colleagues telling you stuffs like "and this the simplest maths you will do o" .
They killed my spirit the more. That f did a massive
destruction on my gp.

I consoled myself tho after 2weeks and made up my mind to change my course immeditely. A decision many found
strange, they kept reassuring me I can do better but I knew
better than to listen to them. I know where my strength lies
and have had enough of the push. My parents wanted me to become a medical doctor which took my three years of
writing jamb without still getting it.So I decided to leave
humbly witn my 3rd class just in year one before they show me the way out (road 1).Immediately change of course form was out I obtained mine fast and I tell you am happy in my new department.

At the end is all about being fulfilled and happy in whatever field you find yourself.stop allowing people push you around to satisfy their own selfish interest.Live your own life and stop existing only, have a say on your life. So many undergraduates today are studying a course because their parents wanted them to or the society they find themselves in, some even for their own selfish interest and then we have so many unhappy youth these days.

Aim at being fulfilled and then you find happiness abundantly.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by kilokeys(m): 6:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Great futarians

In thermodynamics.. First and only F.

Had 30/40 in my CA... Then 6/60 in my main exams.

Went to the lecturer.. Asked for my script.. The mumu no see am.. Basterd Akinola. Went to my course adviser.. And the ediot told me to "take heart, such is life".

As someone keen on the arts.. Engineering wasn't so much fun anyway.. I ended up with the strongest 2 2 of the century. 3.48.

In all i give God thanks.. Lesson learned, experiences gathered.

Life will always wanna fvk u bad. Resist and get ur arse ripped.. Best is use enough lubes and move on as soon as it's done.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Juxtified(m): 6:43am On Dec 28, 2015
Never had F as an undergraduate

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by temmy6996(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2015
kilokeys:
Great futarians

Went to the lecturer.. Asked for my script.. The mumu no see am.. Basterd Akinola. Went to my course adviser.. And the ediot told me to "take heart, such is life".

As someone keen on the arts.. Engineering wasn't so much fun anyway.. I ended up with the strongest 2 2 of the century. 3.48.

Life will always wanna fvk u bad. Resist and get ur arse ripped.. Best is use enough lubes and move on as soon as it's done.

...strongest or wasted 2-2? u n person wey get 2.50 na still 2-2, so no console urself.

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by kilokeys(m): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2015
temmy6996:

...strongest or wasted 2-2? u n person wey get 2.50 na still 2-2, so no console urself.

U r a fooool if u couldn't see the humor in that..

U can't term it as wasted.. I only can.. I choose not to.

I have moved on.. I am better off.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Obinovictor(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2015
The only F I had was in Math 101. It was first like a movie. Very quickly I protested to my Course adviser. I just can't fail that course so I told him I'll apply for remarking which he supported. I applied and waited for centuries and Maths department in FUTO didn't even do anything about it, so I rewrote the course and excelled. Since that Day, God remained faithful, No more Fs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by zikIPE: 7:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Never had an F....don't think i will either #greatest zikites

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by TopeQs: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2015
never failed a course.....but I had a missing script which prompt me to rewrite the exam, I went to complain to our coordinator, they made it seem like it is my fault, funny enough it was my main departmental course. well after I swallowed my bitter pill and realised there wasn't a way, I decided to rewrite with my juniors then. it bruised my GP in the first year...........but, I still managed to come out with a 3.02/4.00 GP

it was a polytechnic........

15 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Charliewyt: 7:17am On Dec 28, 2015
First 'F' wasn't unexpected, as the lecturer sang 'buy my textbook and pass your exams'; as i failed to purchase the textbook then i failed to pass. The following year i purchased the textbook and passed.

Second 'F', marking error, i requested for remark and it was resolved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by kilokeys(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2015
To folks in my shoes..

Don't let sadistic fools like the one that quoted me.. Bring u down

Keep ur head up high. With the Fs and all, restrategize.

Learn new stuff.
If i had excelled excellently in engineering. I might have been streamlined, living a boring life.

Right now.. I have worked as a Facility Manager, a Personnel Manager, an Executive Assistant.
I am HSE level 3 certified, would get nebosh by January.

A dextrous guitarist, a poet, a chef and many more.

Its all coming together to make me the best me I can be.

U too can be all u wanna be

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by ShakurM(m): 7:28am On Dec 28, 2015
kilokeys:
To folks in my shoes..

Don't let sadistic fools like the one that quoted me.. Bring u down

Keep ur head up high. With the Fs and all, restrategize.

Learn new stuff.
If i had excelled excellently in engineering. I might have been streamlined, living a boring life.

Right now.. I have worked as a Facility Manager, a Personnel Manager, an Executive Assistant.
I am HSE level 3 certified, would get nebosh by January.

A dextrous guitarist, a poet, a chef and many more.

Its all coming together to make me the best me I can be.

U too can be all u wanna be
Weldone man, tough times don't last, tough people do, don't mind the idiot wey never enter Uni b4 sef

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by francizy(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2015
kilokeys:
Great futarians

Thermodynamics was my second best Mechanical Engineering course (after Engineering Drawing) in my 200L cheesy cheesy

Even when I started departmental courses fully in 300L had to bash another thermodynamics (Metallurgical thermodynamics) then. Tho a bit strange compared to that of the Mechanical thermo, I still enjoyed it but not as much as I enjoyed the mechanical thermo.

I bet you must have trashed "strength of materials" and "Dynamics" (chai! Osanobuame, this one nearly gave me an F grin cheesy but luckily for me, I escaped with an E)

You did really good for an Engineering student. Not many would have had such CGPA in Ahmadu Bello University. The only school I know that it's quit easy to make a 2.1 or first class in engineering is Unilag. In other schools, 2.2 is usually seen as very good.

Although I made a 2.1 but I know what I invested in order to be able to make it as I gave up religious life and social life for that 2.1 CGPA.

To the OP, so sorry I can't share any experience in this aspect as I never had an F as an undergraduate (even tho I had loads of Es and D's in my 100L and 200L. During our 200L, a friend of mine that had an F in one of the chemistry courses (although he claimed not to have had such as chemistry was one of his best courses back then) in 100L, rewrote the course in 200L and smashed it with an A. That actually made me believe the first result he got in 100L wasn't his but what can we do in certain situations, forge ahead.

And to kilokeys, I swear down, the one and only course (Calculus) I expected an A in 100L, my guy I was denied it oh. I had 26/30 in test and had a C after exams while a guy that had 12/30 in test came out with an A. I knew I did the exams well too but well, had to move on. In 300L, I also had 38/40 in a test (QTYS - Quantity and Surveying Departmental course) and I knew if a reasonable human had marked my exams, nothing would have stopped me from getting an A but alas, I had a B.

Such is life tho..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2015
Never had one. But I feel bad for those who did for reasons beyond their control. Not the unserious ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bold7: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2015
kilokeys:
Great futarians

Akinola is now a king. Somewhere in Ekiti.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bold7: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2015
The only 'F' I had in my undergraduate days was in MTS 101 (FUTA), had 28 in my test, then saw 28f again when the result was pasted, did my investigation, found out my exam wasn't recorded, complained to my HOD, we went to MTS dept to complain, but nothing came out of it.

HOD started consoling me, had to do it again in 200lev. Ironically I had F again. Eventually passed it in 300lev (56c). The funny thing was, the mts exam clashed with my 300lev exam, same time (8am) but different venues, mts 101 at obanla and d 300lev exam in obakekere, I was destabilized but I managed to compose myself, rushed to obanla for mts, spent abt 40mins, submitted and rushed back to obakekere for my main exam, (had A in this particular course).

My first result as an undergraduate was poor(by my standard) started with 3.08, did 11 courses in 100lev, had 6 As. The courses I passed, I passed them well, (had As) and the ones I failed, I failed them well (had Ds, Es and a F) no Bs and Cs, what a terrible result!!! Well thank God I eventually graduated with a 2:1.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by SweetyZinta(f): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2015
I did not feel Bad @all cos I saw it as a challenge I MUST deal with in order to succeed. Maths 111.

I managed to pass it with a D the next session cheesy

I no just like Maths @all, I no send

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by PrettyClare7(f): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2015
I have not had an F before. but I once had E. i was devastated. we regarded the course as our toughest and the topics were many. I read till I could say that I was wearing the course on my legs like socks. I cried for days when I saw it and my mum and boyfriend tried to encourage and console me. however the next semester was better. looking back, I think i played a role in my failure. I did not obey an instruction which stated that the first question was compulsory. I answered the ones I knew best. I did it because my friend did it in the previous semester and nothing untoward happened. so I tried it and got stuck. I did not go to the lecturer either so my E does not get converted to a real F.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by johnwizey: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Maths dey do people strong thing o.......Thank God I never had one though the highest grade na C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2015
If God lives, I swear, I can't have F.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Erums(m): 9:13am On Dec 28, 2015
Bbsharon:
Hello nairalanders, I will like meaningful contributions here on this topic.

I believe the yet to resume jambites or those yet to even write jamb will learn from this. So pls kindly share your experience, what you did to overcome the setback.

What were the things you did or didn't do that made you fail or you think made you fail?

Also were you given "f" as student would say or you obtained it.

pls share.

fynestboi lalasticlala

I wan mad.... Wetin. I wan tell press especially pman we he ask of result

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by vizkiz: 9:14am On Dec 28, 2015
I never had an F during my undergrads. But I really think having an F is better than E because you get another chance to make good grades in that same course.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by effrebor(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2015
I had about 6 F's in my 100 level (physics), another 6 in 200 level nobody taught me b4 i went to senate to get change of department. And after changing i never had F again but to be sincere i wasn't serious in my 100 level days

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by wheesin(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
i felt *********** .

To listen to the rest of this sad story..please wait till it hits frontpage undecided
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Affable0709(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2015
Iinteresting
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Strawman: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2015
I've never had an F so far oh... God should please help me continue like that till I finish
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 28, 2015
Misssing script in yabatech. Bloody stuff.

Did it as a carry over the following year and aced it.

I honestly don't understand why scripts will get missing and no one is held responsible

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Jamaticulus(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2015
Bold7:
The only 'F' I had in my undergraduate days was in MTS 101 (FUTA), had 28 in my test, then saw 28f again when the result was pasted, did my investigation, found out my exam wasn't recorded, complained to my HOD, we went to MTS dept to complain, but nothing came out of it.

HOD started consoling me, had to do it again in 200lev. Ironically I had F again. Eventually passed it in 300lev (56c). The funny thing was, the mts exam clashed with my 300lev exam, same time (8am) but different venues, mts 101 at obanla and d 300lev exam in obakekere, I was destabilized but I managed to compose myself, rushed to obanla for mts, spent abt 40mins, submitted and rushed back to obakekere for my main exam, (had A in this particular course).

My first result as an undergraduate was poor(by my standard) started with 3.08, did 11 courses in 100lev, had 6 As. The courses I passed, I passed them well, (had As) and the ones I failed, I failed them well (had Ds, Es and a F) no Bs and Cs, what a terrible result!!! Well thank God I eventually graduated with a 2:1.

Kaaai...Baba u strong gaan ooh! I sure say no b dose shuttle wey dey crawl lyk snail u go board!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by busuyem: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2015
I never had an F but I got a E throughout my undergrad.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by 7footre(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2015
Mine wasnt really an F per say. It was a missing script in Engineering mathematics 3rd year. I walked d length maths dept as it was a school course, exams and records, to no avail. Had to retake d course d next session, ma course advicer recoreded it as an F and it did its damage to ma cgpa (3 units) buh as God will have it I still came out with a 2:1. An F shouldn't serve to discourage you it should make you more determined to excel. That was d only set back I had anyway

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amobi Ogah: My Son Learnt Good Marriage Practice From Me / Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.