Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. (47033 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by lacreamieboie(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
10k is just too small bro! u an undergraduate... so get a means for extra income.

dats my key bro!
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Antell95(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

Which Department n level

#I_Rep_Uniuyo
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.[b]i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.[/b]pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

First, you are a wise man.....you need help and you are looking for it. You will do well!

Secondly....here is a recipe on how to cook soup... Download and print( the beauty of internet...in my day...the internet cafe was the only sauce).

Third...as a student....you may have to allow the soup last more than 3 days...warm it up every day.(But make una no let am reach five days o!)
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by zicoraads: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
As a graduate? 10k? No offence but why would a graduate work for that amount?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by chimerase2: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Wen I was in skul I managed 10K very well
If dey 10 gets to me first tin is to rush to umuahia main market tongue
Den buy ma indomie cartoon for 1800 dos days
Buy rice and beans
Initially I didn't knw how to cook but wen I got to skul
I squandered ma first 10K via canteen na hunger tell me wetin to do de next month
So leme tell u more
I tried not to have a gal frnd
I started cooking
And I enter transport to skul 60 naira everiday so u see
Trough out ma stay in skul ma salary remained stagnant

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Johnkennie(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buy wholesale instead of retail... Don't buy more than your capacity, buy what you need, stop thinking you need this, you need that in the name of 10k
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by asala1: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
How will someone even study well with less than $70 a month, Nigerian students are really trying. I give kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
zicoraads:
As a graduate? 10k? No offence but why would a graduate work for that amount?

He is an undergraduate....
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Okijajuju1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

10'k a Month = 333 Naira a Day.

Now you need to ask yourself what would you do if your 'daily allowance' was 300 Naira a day..

I would advice you either go with the cheapest staple food option of Garri and sugar or you cook a decent sized pot of soup and stew with 5000 Naira (consisting of the cheapest ingredients you can find) and eat them over a stretch of time only mixing it with your provision.

The remaining 5000 Naira you would have to manage with care for other things like..

Recharge cards
Transportation
Toileteries
and miscellenous (Printing, stationery, e.t.c)

It would take extreme Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) but its doable.

Goodluck.

The Gods are wise...

7 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by clemzo101(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
It is very simple!!! Stay away from ladies, beer, soft drinks and egg roll, unnecessary recharge cards. Dats just my own contribution

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by jasper7(m): 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
To imagine what people pass through just to go to school and yet millions come out unemployed for years and those who manage to get jobs are being owed salaries or have corrupt, pot bellied, rotund bosses. WHAT A LIFE. Keep the fight going bro. Some families survive on 10k a month, so.. it's not inconceivable. Make it work! And make sure you are not just going to school, but also getting an education

7 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
asala1:
How will someone even study well with less than $70 a month, Nigerian students are really trying. I give kudos.

In the good old days....when there were less than 80,000 University students nationwide....they were all fed in school. (My dad recalls how they gave them bread with butter in the mornings.). In fact, you really did not need the pocket money sometimes!

Now....with over 1.5million students,and a poor education budget.....
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by chimerase2: 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
And again
I tried not to hv gal frnd amu sayin it again
I neva drink nor smoke it helped me a lot
I don't club
But yet trout ma stay in skul ma 10K neva got to the end of the month
No mata how I tried it did
But in ma final year haba guy ma gat hv gal frnd
I gat lie to add up ma salary and I hammar dem with ma project grin
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by XVIER(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
start porping from people and i promise you will be fine.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ogawisdom(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
10k divided by 30days equal to about #330. To feed wit 10k monthly dnt exceed #330 daily n u ll b fine. wink

Eat d followin
Okpa
Moi moi
Bischuit n groundnut
Beans
Garri is ur best frnd learn to drink it
N any food/snack dt makes u drink plenty water.

Survivin on little allowance as stds no easy, I was at dt stage 13yrs ago. I chop okpa wella to survive at UNN grin
Okpa was sold bw 5 to 20 naira then, u may nt need to cook jst make frnds with bukas n mama put arnd n they can sell food of any amt to u like madam put rice #50 n beans #30 or madam put half plate of garri n soup abeg put soup well ooo then u carry am go ur room to do more garri frm urs grin

Jst get creative #330 daily can be managed if u no dey form as std b4 long wen u graduate n get good job u go become chairman/big oga lik me nw tongue

If u ve laptop n printer then u can b printing documents for fellow stds frm ur room who kws dt can get u some extra money.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Larow(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buy a paint container of bean; less than 1k, Buy 1 or 2 paint container of garri depending on your consumption level;also less than 1k, buy a small keg of palm oil;250 naira, buy 100 naira maggi, 50 naira salt, 100 naira grounded pepper, 100 naira measured sugar and finally 3 litre kerosine. At least, this will settle ur feeding 4 dat month. Try and walk most distances instead of spending on transport and cut down miscellaneous costs. In fact, u'll even have savings at the end of the month
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by gagzee(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
uglyogre:

babe or no babe, 10k is just too small for a student to spend in a month!
@ OP,i understand not all fingers are equal, so if that is the best ur parent can afford, then pls manage it. You can start by selling recharge card in your hall of residence and your department. That way, you have a source of renewable resource to last you for a month. it aint easy but you'll sail through.You can also try yemiplus2 advice. All the best
Crap...no even try dat recharge card,,,if u aint investing anytin 4rm 100k upwards, its as gud as u allowing ur money 2 sleep in d bank, than putting ur hopes in 2-5naira gain u wud get by investing change.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by sirxbit(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
stingy man thread

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by youngice(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
chimerase2:
And again
I tried not to hv gal frnd amu sayin it again
I neva drink nor smoke it helped me a lot
I don't club
But yet trout ma stay in skul ma 10K neva got to the end of the month
No mata how I tried it did
But in ma final year haba guy ma gat hv gal frnd
I gat lie to add up ma salary and I hammar dem ith ma project grin
E be like say Na FUTO u go

10k/month its not bad u can manage well, my advice be a sharp guy ,do business for people like assignments ,sell books , do projects and cook a lot,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by dinyelutochukwu: 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
Antell95:

Department n level
#I_Rep_Uniuyo

Brother, I advice that you work on managing your English rather than 10,000 naira... No offence o! but it will pay you more in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Beckybeky(f): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Make Garri and beans your best friends
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
swagwu:
u need to start learning hw to eat over stayed soup oo if nt no hope dat 10k will finish in 3 weeks
LOL grin grin
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by engrfemi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
I seriously no know wetin i dey use the money do.
0 mumu.. Abi u wan say 1.5k :-)
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by johnstar(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
I dnt tnk its possible, as a student, 10k in a month 2 small self, u wn dey suffer ur self for sch
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by GODDYGEE91(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ogar mi, u av 2 try as much as possible 2 manage it. I av a frnd here in skul who receive 2k every month some times with little or no fud stuff @ all. At times a month over lapse b4 he gets anoda moni. Wat helps him is dat here in Yoruba u can cuk soup with a litle moni as #150.

I personally receive 10k and i make judicious use of it n still av a balance of 3k left. We buy 1 bag of pure water evry wk. I keep my calabar soup as long as 5 to 6 days n still eat it.
We dont pay transport around, we prefer 2 trek as it is part of exercise. I eat twice , some times once.
We don't av gal frnds bc here people do party evryday n u knw wat dat means.
Some of my frnds book all dis chicken legs n head frm hotels around, we call it spare part.
Just try, if u can survive it, u wud av alot of story 2 tell.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Emmy2019: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Make sure you have enough Ijebu garri n enough groundnut. spend maximum of n350.ook per day n above all avoid women.try as much to keep away from BAD FRIENDS YOUR 10K WILL BE ENOUGH FOR YOU.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by stagger: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:

Hmm, na wa o.

First, as a student you have to learn to cook. Then you have to get a table top fridge and a "I pass my neighbour". Why do I say this?

Cooking saves you a lot of cash. You can make soup that will last you 2 weeks with 2k.

Meat: 1 kilo: 1000
Egusi: 2 cups: 200
Pepper: 50
Crayfish: 50
Vegetable: 100
Palm oil: 240 for half a bottle which will last you long. You can also use this to eat yam once in a while.
Maggi: 10
Stock fish (wrapped): 200 (I consider this a luxury though but you can add it).
Garri: 1 mudu: 150 (3 mudus can last you a month)

TOTAL: 2,000

Alternate it with yam and palm oil and fried egg. Occasionally, fry plantain and add to rice and stew. Stew can also be made with even less than 2k. You can also make beans and drink gari with it. You should be very dexterious and learn how to plan your feeding which as a student, is your most important expense. You need a well nourished body to withstand the rigors of studying.

This your concept of not eating soup that has lasted more than 2 days is ridiculous. I had a roommate who used to cook soup that will last 2 weeks and he did not have a fridge. Today he is a Member of the House of Reps (2 terms). You should also learn how to cook.

Suffer initially, enjoy later. All of us passed through this stage and I schooled in a town where I had no relations. There was nothing like GSM, online banking or emails/internet in my era, so if your money ran out, the only solution was to travel home to get it. Yet I survived just like everyone else of that era did.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ghyft(f): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
You just have to manage... No show-offs
I have this room mate that spends anyhow.. She squanders her money anyhow..she eats everything she wants the first three days her money comes and after that, she starts asking for pepper,salt,etc
You don't have to be like that....manage very well and have savings...you can opt to save 1K every month and I tell you bro,you will be investing big time....just learn to manage without prying into the person 'who cooks with goat meat or chicken' business

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by kennosklint(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
Judith Ugbeh, my elder sister is Going for Next Movie Star Africa.... Please Like, Comnent, and rebroadcast for better chance.... N0. 42

https://m.facebook.com/NMSAfricaReloaded/photos/a.197924473709192.1073741830.191645784337061/375131785988459/?type=1&refid=17&_ft_

U guys should help me like and put comments like

( she is d best amongst them all )... Please gentlemen let share this message across both within and outside....
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
u don't know how to cook, then learn! angry angry angry dats one of d secrets 2 saving money as a student. u save a lot when u make ur own food dan when u eat out. u don't eat soup dat has lasted more than 3 days, really? rubbish. u want 2 save money n u r doing shakara, mcheeew.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by asala1: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

In the good old days....when there were less than 80,000 University students nationwide....they were all fed in school. (My dad recalls how they gave them bread with butter in the mornings.). In fact, you really did not need the pocket money sometimes!

Now....with over 1.5million students,and a poor education budget.....

That's not the situation, our government is just plain wicked and stupid. I learned from my India friends, that EVERY student (from UG to post-doctoral student) in their government universities is paid scholarship every month. They also cook for them and house them too. That's also a third world country of about 1.3 billion people. We don't have any excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Friends Pour Female Graduate Water – Photos / Tanzanian Conjoined Twins Want To Become Teachers (Photos) / Policemen Shoot UNIOSUN Students While Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.