Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. (47020 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ozo13(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
;Dbest suggestion.actually I was given around 15k a month in my 500lvl days.so I spend 5k every 10mnths.wasn't really cool for me n my gal fend then.u dey manage 15 n u wan dash woman money.bt now can close my eyes n spend 40k cos am now doing a partime work job awaiting wn I will start colectin govt 170/months for internship work as a med Doctor grin D's country no easy o
yemi2plus:
This is how I have been coping.

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

I hope this help?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Poster, u did'nt state your proximity to school either off or on campus, neither if u usually return 2 school with foodstuffs besides beverages(provisions).Anyways,the best way to make do with this amount in a month & even save from it, is to ensure u get enough assorted foodstuffs to cover every category of meal u desire for that semester before returning to school,so that the 10k allowance can only be used to cover a few necessities & contigencies.On a side note,u need to augment ur allowance by making an extra income through some small-scale businesses like sale of recharge cards,typing assignments/term papers,projects etc for students if u have a PC and printer, also, doing assignments for indolent students & equally keeping urself busy atimes in any legitimate bussiness during holiday periods.U don't really have to be so dependent on ur parents,for the fact that u have 3 other siblings should sound a note of encouragement to wake up.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
AndyBoomba:
Wow

Meanwhile see how I got 107,000 naira with 100 naira today here -www.nairaland.com/1989277/how-got-107000-naira-just#27874399
na nigeria I c say person no dey dodge lie. We lie openly to pple face. Is now leaf for u to decide
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Poster, u did'nt state your proximity to school, either off or on campus, neither if u usually return 2 school with foodstuffs besides beverages(provisions).Anyways,the best way to make do with this amount in a month & even save from it, is to ensure u get enough assorted foodstuffs to cover every category of meal u desire for that semester before returning to school,so that the 10k allowance can only be used to cover a few necessities & contigencies.On a side note,u need to augment ur allowance by making an extra income through some small-scale businesses like sale of recharge cards,typing assignments/term papers,projects etc for students, if u have a PC and printer, also, doing assignments for indolent students & equally keeping urself busy atimes in any legitimate bussiness during holiday periods.U don't really have to be so dependent on ur parents,for the fact that u have 3 other siblings should sound a note of encouragement to wake up.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by stagger: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
pigin:
@Op, You just have a wicked parents!!! imaging 10k a month in this 10 miserable k, you type your assignments from em , barbe your hair, buy kerosene to cook your beans as suggested by some people above me and some other things students do in school. my candid advise leave school and go learn handiwork til your parents increase your allowances to 15k.

Did it cross your mind that the OP may be an orphan?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Igbins12(f): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
yemi2plus:
This is how I have been coping.

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

I hope this help?

That is exactly wat i do too. I even take cooked soup and stew wit me & i spend about 5k a month. Less sometimes.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ekmaxop: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sell powerbanks to your fellow students and staffs after lecture hours and make about 100k monthly profit. So you won't need to cut down on anything... Call or whatsapp me on 08033863100 if your interested
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nephdaniels(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
nitlad:

I take umbrage at this insensitive comment. angry

It peeves me no end when indigent hillbillies from firewood and akamu background go about deriding others like say dem dey mint money for dian crevice.

Were you born with a silver spoon in you mouth? Perhaps you were clutching it in you hand?

Do your parents give you $10m/day as pocket money?

Are you an only child?

The OP is only asking for how best to utilize what his parents give him, or does he come across to you like a person not being taken care of?

If you cannot answer all the above in the affirmative, then it's better you keep schtum and keep your 'family planning' counsel to yourself. You unprivileged epitome of misfortune and penury!
....God bless u...all dese kind ppl wit dia "poverty-coated" lives... u tell am well...once again,u are blessed
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
braine:
Buy beans, plenty beans, and gaRri. And reduce spending to a max of 400 per day for whatever you need to get. Also, stay away from girls. You'll be fine.
Ordinary calculation, u no fit do

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by chacoonder(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Deiok:
Bros try and reduce your three square meal a day to twice a day. Buy enough garri down, so you will only need to buy beans #50 or with meat #100 to suppliment your normal daily meals.
hahahahahahahaha...
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by braine(m): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Ordinary calculation, u no fit do

Oga, I just rounded up the shii. Didn't you see the "max" in my post? Read well next time.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
enkay4love:
@ Poster, u did'nt state your proximity to school either off or on campus, neither if u usually return 2 school with foodstuffs besides beverages(provisions).Anyways,the best way to make do with this amount in a month & even save from it, is to ensure u get enough assorted foodstuffs to cover every category of meal u desire for that semester before returning to school,so that the 10k allowance can only be used for a few necessities & contigencies.On a side note,u need to augment ur allowance by making an extra income through some small-scale businesses like sale of recharge cards,typing assignments/term papers,projects etc for students if u have a PC and printer, also, doing assignments for indolent students & equally keeping urself busy atimes in any legitimate bussiness during holiday periods.U don't really have to be so dependent on ur parents,for the fact that u have 3 other siblings should sound a note of encouragement to wake up.
Are u a graduate? If so, can you just highlight some stuffs I can do at oau 2 get extra cash? sad
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Wisegeek01(m): 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ezeokechukwu738: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hw much do u spend on recharge cards? Do u call babes with it frequently?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Elparaiso(m): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

Apply for scholarships... It helps... I'm currently on 2..
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by skoolbag(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Try dey to assignment for girls dey will be paying u for that so that u will add up with ur small pocket money.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by tolustx(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
braine:
Buy beans, plenty beans, and gaRri. And reduce spending to a max of 400 per day for whatever you need to get. Also, stay away from girls. You'll be fine.
guy. Ur head too correct. Concerning dat beans. Na I'm gangan be d koko.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Are u a graduate? If so, can you just highlight some stuffs I can do at oau 2 get extra cash? sad
My composition above is obvious I am one.If u perused thru my comment,u'll note a few bussiness suggestions I outlined,so u can take a cue from there.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Expsbterror(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

To cut the gist short, there are still husbands and fathers making ends meet with a monthly payment of less than 10. So you have every juice to manage it if compared to them.
You not married
You not paying rent (I guess)
You not fueling cars
You not paying bills
You not raising kids

Hints:
all you need is a proper feeding mapped out plan with feeding time table.
Try as much to reduce miscellaneous spending
Also make sure after planning you still have change in case
Wld advice you buy a lot of raw rations also (avoid ijekujé)
No chicks
No chicks
No bottles
Fear God in all.
NB : GIVERS NEVER LACK
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ghype(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
pinky21:
Cut down on girls den u will buy less recharge cards,no fast food outing,no BD celebration. If u must date to help konjil den find a naïve indigene who will even be cookn for u from home. She go jst dey proud say na university boy dey date am. Com back and tank me latr
babe na true u talk, coz i dy blow lik 5times a week, nd i dy even spend more to import them come. I go move 2 d local area gals nw.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ghype(m): 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
jasper7:
To imagine what people pass through just to go to school and yet millions come out unemployed for years and those who manage to get jobs are being owed salaries or have corrupt, pot bellied, rotund bosses. WHAT A LIFE. Keep the fight going bro. Some families survive on 10k a month, so.. it's not inconceivable. Make it work! And make sure you are not just going to school, but also getting an education
bros thanks dat advice z 4 me 2
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
On a further note,u could engage in laundry bussiness,draw ur clientelle from lecturers,bankers & people in the corporate world,I bet u'll be thankful.If u stay off campus,the best for u.Increase ur customer base by charging a bit less than what is charged from open laundromats & ensure u deliver quality & timely service.U'll be glad u did.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by smartoliver(m): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
Don't move with gals,stick to little food,try buying cheap clothes and don't always move with friends...everything will b fine
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by LEOSIRSIR(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
I seriously no know wetin i dey use the money do.
Nairabet and that your light skin GF

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Edigrows: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
somebody is surely sending u money, if u sweat to make such money, am not sure u will spend it dat much ... ur own beta sha grin
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buy food for house wey go last yu for 1 month. Then use the remaining change take do faaji

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by kingsleyearl: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
for an accurate and sure prediction in
sport betting sign up with a
bookmaker with the best odds on offer https://www./Odds/registration/affiliate324546 powerd by #NAIRABET
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
hey see my broda o,well do u drink?if yes that is it,
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Chinyeresandra(f): 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ur own is good ooo.My parent has never given me #3500 a month before
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
I love Nairalanders, they will advice you to an extent you will forget about your problem which is reality. My guy wake up and face your reality. If 10k nor reach u for ur upkeeps ask for more from were it's coming from or simply try and hustle in skul or catch one maga to dey assist u. You guys giving him lame advice since like buy garri n beans plenty, una want am to die of Malnutrition angry

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Misogynist2014(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
enkay4love:
On a further note,u could engage in laundry bussiness,draw ur clientelle from lecturers,bankers & people in the corporate world,I bet u'll be thankful.If u stay off campus,the best for u.Increase ur customer base by charging a bit less than what is charged from open laundromats & ensure u deliver quality & timely service.U'll be glad u did.
Thanks smiley
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by uglyogre(f): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

OP, nah diz kine babe we deh warn u about undecided
i hope your brain is working. it's your type that will carry 5 thousand and send your children off to school to live off on other students, prostitute and hickjack student phones and laptop just to survive. A guy here was trying to advocate for couples having lesser children that they can cater for, another guy who wants to form james bond shut him up just to gather likes. You and I know there's big different between delusion and reality. A man births 10 children knowing fully well the condition of this country, just believing that his rich brother will cater for them. Issorait!
I only feel for these guys whenever i sight. you see a student who alternates only 3 pairs of shirts for a whole academic session, then you wonder if they have a family. Some even smell as there's not as much as a toothpaste. I'm sure the OP has tried managing this 10k and it has proved virtually impossible he had to ask for help. Tufia!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gunmen Raid MOCPED, Lagos; Lecturer, Student Shot Dead / Friends Pour Female Graduate Water – Photos / Tanzanian Conjoined Twins Want To Become Teachers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.