Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. (47031 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by seangy4konji: 5:17am On Nov 11, 2014
God bless our hustle.

It no easy ooo in p square voice. 10 k?

God blessing and avoid things not needed.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by AustineLordlaz(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2014
Dude am glad you have the knowlege now...Just know your "needs" from your "wants". Am an M.A student. I only depend on my Freelance Job. But I find myself most time comfortable with 10k for the month. If I can you should ok? Soup does nt actually take too much money. Unless u aren't Nigerian but am sure 700 can cook u a soup that cud last for 2-3days.the remaing 300 go for garri. Cook soup at least once a week. Then Beans. I don't do rice because I hate it with so much passion. Don't be extravagant. Goodluck.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by eridos: 6:40am On Nov 11, 2014
TruthTella:
See why its important to only have kids you can provide adequately for? No be by to dey look how many children others dey born. Your money and their own is not the same. No offense to anybody.
[color=#006600][/color]

I Definitely concur with you.Thats what I always tell people cut ur coat according to ur size,some people would give birth to plenty and do not rily have any means of taking care of them.ull actually enjoy yourself if you are few while in skul.Than to be much.we are just two me and my sister.and when I was in school my sister was still in secondary school.The Year I finished that's when she entered school,I lived Large on campus I was getting 35k pocket money in school plus extra cash once in a while.all attention was focused on me so I had no excuse not to pass.I REP Madonna University.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by eridos: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2014
nitlad:

I take umbrage at this insensitive comment. angry

It peeves me no end when indigent hillbillies from firewood and akamu background go about deriding others like say dem dey mint money for dian crevice.

Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth? Perhaps you were clutching it in your hand?

Do your parents give you $10m/day as pocket money?

Are you an only child?

The OP is only asking for how best to utilize what his parents give him, or does he come across to you like a person not being taken care of?

If you cannot answer all the above in the affirmative, then it's better you keep schtum and keep your 'family planning' counsel to yourself. You unprivileged epitome of misfortune and penury!

[/color]
Hey Bro why the insult the dude was only speaking the truth.its just an advice to the prospective parents to be.stop using harsh words and stop drawing attention it ain't called for.everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.you are really childish.How old are you if I may ask[color=#006600]
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 11, 2014
nitlad:

I take umbrage at this insensitive comment. angry

It peeves me no end when indigent hillbillies from firewood and akamu background go about deriding others like say dem dey mint money for dian crevice.

Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth? Perhaps you were clutching it in your hand?

Do your parents give you $10m/day as pocket money?

Are you an only child?

The OP is only asking for how best to utilize what his parents give him, or does he come across to you like a person not being taken care of?

If you cannot answer all the above in the affirmative, then it's better you keep schtum and keep your 'family planning' counsel to yourself. You unprivileged epitome of misfortune and penury!
jesus christ!shocked
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by helphelp: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2014
I seriously need to know "how to manage 400k/month?"
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ifeoluwaposimi: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2014
it is not easy my broda God will help u.......contiue serving him even in state of little he will send u help!
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by emiye(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Na serious paiko level u dey oooooo.....

Soup in a month - 2,500 (5 times a month) avg of N500

Recharge card - 500

Transportation - 2,000

Food stuffs / cooking energy source ---- 3,500

Photocopy /Printing of assignments/ handouts------------- 1,500
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by larouz(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Damsman10:

na private uni u dey ni
lolsss naso
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by mikeapollo: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2014
You must be lucky. Very lucky indeed.
I pray you do not experience what WILL make you learn how to manage a ''whopping'' N10,000 plus provisions in a month....hardcore poverty.
You better wise up and appreciate what you have.

This is the formula:
1.You have to discipline yourself to eat at most, 2 times in a day.
2.Buy raw rice, beans, ground pepper, palm oil, garri, curry, thyme,salt and groundnut(cooking) oil and possibly 1 or 2 tubers of yam
3.Since you have provisions, a little tea/coffee in the morning should be able to carry you till 11a.m-12noon before you eat your first meal for the day i.e. BRUNCH.
4.You have to master how to cook and eat Rice CONCOTION and Beans blended with garri ( the everlasting, ever sustaining recipe) for your brunch. Make sure you have some as leftover for dinner in the evening.
5.It is better you eat beans for your brunch because it can sustain you for longer hours. You should always try to have some remaining in the pot when you come back from lectures in the evening....you eat that, and then prepare the alternate dish against the following morning.
6.Don't indulge in the attitude of buying soft drinks and snacks anyhow. Avoid them if you know that your finances will be affected.
7.Avoid the tendency of trying to spend too much on clothes or social functions or girls.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by mikk3448(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2014
golor:

bro thank u for the advice,but u won't know wat it means to take care of four kids in university at a time dat is to say u will be giving out 40k each month,dat one no include test book money oo and provision...i know it not by my daddy strength but it just by God grace.
tah..hus dis talkin asif ur nt a nigerian,hw can u say 10k is to smal for one month?I knw of ppl who survive wit as smal as 5k for a month.I can be vry reckless wit moni bt I knw 10k is jst enuf moni for mi for a month wen I ve to manage so I dnt knw wat u mean by sayin 10k is too smal for a month babe or no babe..pls dnt generalize lyk dat next tym
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by JerryJude(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2014
yemi2plus:
This is how I have been coping.

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

o boy u b confirm guy, dat mak me remember my undergraduate days...

I hope this help?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2014
IamforGod:
If your money is reducing ,just pray to God trust me its working for me.God will send people to u.
how? Cos infact, i think it's God's provision that will see me through. I've been working in and learning, but G.P dey fall, so i wan drop job. And these girls sha, if G.P falls, then cooler ministry stops. I've been living on teaching them in exchange for their foods
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ehisaito(m): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2014
What do u mean by end time girls?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Lol , it's enough for an undergrad , I lived on far less during my time ( adjusted for inflation ) and I never lacked. His primary aim in school is to get good grades and learn to subsist in life.

I get you. But to get good grades, he needs to sustain himself with even the most basic of human needs. And he would even need to save for unforeseen expenses. Let's just say I don't believe N10k is workable. lipsrsealed
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by tonyx4x44(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
yemi2plus:

I'm a student of a government owned school in Kogi state while I reside in Benin. When going to school, I pack as many food stuffs as possible, as in, I carry anything carry-able; rice, beans, eggs, indomine, cream, gum, toothpick, super glue, pen, writing books, e.tc.

Normally, I break my trip; Benin - Auchi - Okene before the last bus to my school to save some change on transportation, but with the many foodstuff I use a direct bus and pay some change for the loads.

When I get to school, I don't buy anything I don't need, apart from fresh tomatoes, fresh fish, and red paper I have all the required items to make soap and stew. I eat twice a day, at times, just once before I go to sleep. Not like I don't wanna cook, but some times, I have GSTs courses in the morning (I leave my lodge very early to secure front seat) and core course ends by 6PM or 7PM. I spent money mostly on water as they lack water here, a keg goes for 20Naira to 30Naira. Also, my house is VERY from school and my friends who should normally come to eat at my place at times gets discourage by the long distance. Most importantly, I'm single and not searching. Ladies could be crazy, they beg for anything like paying their photocopy fee and many more, for me, I don't give money out unless when the person in question deserves it.

I hope this help?

Na back of Nta you dey stay ba?
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by stechi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
While I tend to believe that 10k is meagre for an entire monthly spending, I appeal that a Plan B source of income be put in place to augument whatever you are getting from your parents/guardian (Plan A).
When I was a student, that was when GSM started and thank God I had a family friend that owns ECONET major distributorship in Uyo who gave me umbrella,table and chair to start making phone calls on Ikpa Road (I am sure the OPs knows the road because I attended same school), and gradually I managed the business myself before I employed a sales girl. Thereafter, I gradually got myself involved in other petty businesses that did not affect my studies because I had made up my mind to finish along with others that got same admission with me (except for the usual ASUU strike that culminated to 1yr[6mnths,3mnths and 3mnths]).
Bottomline, is that when you think of where you are coming from and focused to change your situation for good, you would be moved to do an extra to become extraordinary from others.
My signature below is an opportunity for you to start-off a Plan B means of residual income without affecting your studies a bit, so that sooner than you realise, you would come back and tell us you comfortably spend more than 10k weekly (not monthly anymore).

Others: Interested, and need more info,send me a mail through my profile.

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by eobasi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
[quote author=priscillawill post=27890259]
ur money self gud, i skul in ghana. My own na 15k including exercise book, handout,dues e.t.c, garri,sugar,milk,rice,canned tomato,oil, and make sure when u dey come from house carry the carryables an nor bi everytime person dey chop in a day, i just use my 3days stew cook rice just now [/quote. 15k in ghana shud serve u 2months + d flexing,a hot chick in campus! Heard dat state is #brooke#
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by eobasi(m): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
priscillawill:

ur money self gud, i skul in ghana. My own na 15k including exercise book, handout,dues e.t.c, garri,sugar,milk,rice,canned tomato,oil, and make sure when u dey come from house carry the carryables an nor bi everytime person dey chop in a day, i just se my 3days stew cook rice just now
15k in ghana shud serve u 2months + d flexing,a hot chick in campus! Heard dat state is #brooke#
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by ChibkayNuel(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
I seriously no know wetin i dey use the money do.

dorobucci don dorobucci doro ijawboi

MUMU....
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by pomide(m): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
bros, 10k no fit reach you mhen, see, just divide dt 10k into two, one for needs, d other for staking!(investment) no matter how u wan play with dt 5k wey u no go chop at least your 5k back.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Lagbaja425(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
eridos:
[color=#006600][/color]

I Definitely concur with you.Thats what I always tell people cut ur coat according to ur size,some people would give birth to plenty and do not rily have any means of taking care of them.ull actually enjoy yourself if you are few while in skul.Than to be much.we are just two me and my sister.and when I was in school my sister was still in secondary school.The Year I finished that's when she entered school,I lived Large on campus I was getting 35k pocket money in school plus extra cash once in a while.all attention was focused on me so I had no excuse not to pass.I REP Madonna University.

You went to Madonna. You would have passed even if you didn't have a brain.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Keluong(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Damn, I never knew people are suffering like this. me dey even complain of my 7k per week
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Surely001(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
yemi2plus:

I hope this help?

......Thank U..... I cant wait to resume school and try dis out
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by handie(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
dude, back in my first year, I received not more than 7k on the average per month and I was doing ok. The secret? Don't buy any luxurious item that you don't need. cook your food yourself and Don't eat out unless maybe school stress is too much. I've even seen people who don't receive any allowance and still survive in school. Right now, my allowance per month is just a little over that 10k and honestly, I live well. Learn how to flash and not make calls every time, don't go after girls and don't compare yourself with your mates.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by iamord(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
eobasi:
15k in ghana shud serve u 2months + d flexing,a hot chick in campus! Heard dat state is #brooke#

U heard
U no get brain
Smh
That money na change and Won't carry. Anywhere except u manage well

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by jahlove4jah: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
golor:
Pls nairalander's help me with a good suggestion on how to manage 10k a month.im a student of uniuyo,even with my provision,i still find it difficult to manage 10k allowance monthly.lyk dis semester i came wit an ideal of not cooking soup cause i think soup consume a lot of cash. i do eat soup outside why i cook rice,indomie and beans in my house.i stop cooking soup cos 1. I don't know how to cook. 2.i don't eat a soup dat has sleep more than two days and 3.it consume a lot of cash.pls i need ur sincere advice and idea.

mission impossible, think of alternative things to do to maximize ur income.
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by pheelz: 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ijawboi:
LoL.
I spend 15k a week.
I seriously no know wetin i dey use the money do.
Oponu apoda......
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Dammysmart: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
hmmm....my humble brother, I must say, I'm a student of university of Ilorin and I am categorically tell u I manage just 4k for a month...like seriously bro u need be grateful to God o...10k?? too small?? ha...if I can get 10k I'll jump up nd live a big man life serzly, despite I enter N80 bus to nd from skol daily,

not all fingers are equal but u just suld be thankful, here I am bro I'm not begging anyone, I can manage 4k for the month nd come to think of it, what do u as a student need money for when there's food at home for you nd just little materials to buy in skol, bro be economical plan ur day, cook at home nd u'll not even spend up to 5k a month. God Bless
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by Ijawboi(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
ChibkayNuel:

dorobucci don dorobucci doro ijawboi

MUMU....
poverty really no good
Re: Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. by surg411(m): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
edozie04:
Divide that 10K into 5,spend not more than 2k a week and save the remaining 2k,with ur provisions tat 2k shld be more than enough

2K per week, if I hear

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gunmen Raid MOCPED, Lagos; Lecturer, Student Shot Dead / Friends Pour Female Graduate Water – Photos / Tanzanian Conjoined Twins Want To Become Teachers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.