Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? (90751 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:29am On Nov 11, 2014
The family of Fela Kuti would rather not vote at all in 2015 than vote for Jonathan as a way of protesting the sentencing of the Fela by Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Kokorokoo: 1:32am On Nov 11, 2014
...and you so lazy, brainwashed and dumb, that's why you can't research evil Buhari your new found angel. Being that you were not yet born during buhari era, you should be smart enough to research and not just swallow all the lies they filled your empty head with.
What other research on BH? when we all know they buhari and apc errand boys.
your Yeye smell pass!

berem:
On-going research indeed. You're so jobless that you now research on Buhari and his arrest of Fela which happened decades ago. Why don't you channel your research on Boko Haram and suggest possible ways of ending the insurgency as a saTANist and tell us what JonaTAN has to offer in 2015.

Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
Waiting for you lol... Are you on?

Alright hold on
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ManTiger(m): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2014
Pls who is Buhari? is he a boko haram?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

Alright hold on
I'm on
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Kokorokoo: 1:35am On Nov 11, 2014
GEJ TILL E REACH MY TURN
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Kokorokoo: 1:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Because Buhari's born to rule
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by abacus(m): 1:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Law says don't , you did, and you expect the law to fold its arm?

I believe in war against indiscipline. This is just the right step.

We've tried PDP, we've tried GEJ, nothing to show for it.

Change is here...

God bless GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by invisikay: 2:06am On Nov 11, 2014
GEJ government would do no such thing bring dollars into the country when it is outlawed ....They would rather take dollars out in a jet. Give fela lifetime pardon and allow him sing at eagle square.

barcanista:
When General Muhammadu Buhari came to power, there was wide corruption in the Second Republic. A decree was passed that nobody take out or bring in foreign currency into the country. Offenders are liable to 10years in Jail. This decree was to curb money laundering by politicians and corrupt businessmen.

FELA KUTI
Fela had performed abroad, he was paid in foreign currency in cash and had it on him on his return to Lagos. He was subsequently arrested for breaking the law and was prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

PLEA:
There was a plea by human right groups to Head of State Buhari to "pardon" Fela, he refused because he believe that the law be served to the letter.

THE OFFENSE, GMB AND FELA:
First, there was an existing law/decree.

Secondly, Fela bringing in cash means it contradicts the law/decree, however, the money is from hard work.
Morally, he's justified! Legally, he is not.

Buhari had refused to grant pardon, because the law was broken. If he grants pardon, some section of politicians will accuse him of preferential treatment. He didn't because he believes in absolute discipline.
By law, he is justified. Morally, he is not, considering that it was Fela's sweat(my opinion). The law does not work with emotion unfortunately.

MY OPINION:
GMB should have pardoned Fela. The law should have made for exception. Buhari should have tampered justice with mercy
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by M4gunners: 2:07am On Nov 11, 2014
samento:
You are how many years old then? Because you have no idea about this topic.
APC animals

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Gorrbachev: 2:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Bigcake:
you need to work thoroughly on your spellings.

what did i spell wrong?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Descartes: 3:01am On Nov 11, 2014
berem:
On-going research indeed. You're so jobless that you now research on Buhari and his arrest of Fela which happened decades ago. Why don't you channel your research on Boko Haram and suggest possible ways of ending the insurgency as a saTANist and tell us what JonaTAN has to offer in 2015.

Yeye dey smell!

Do you know that this is a political season? undecided

We shall never allow an enemy of democracy to benefit from the same democracy he truncated; should we? undecided

Yeye dey ooze

Wisdom is a function of humility and indeed the principle thing cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by summerflame(m): 3:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Fela was truly a legend but short lived. His Brother (Beeko ransome Kuti) was a snitch because he pronounced and declared him HIV positive saying Fela died of AIDS. Still crazy world I think. Animal dey wear Agbada, animal dey wear sokoto.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Descartes: 3:04am On Nov 11, 2014
JDelight:
Who killed Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli first executive governor of Bendel state now Edo state?

Cheap question undecided

It is a religious extremist Buhari wink
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by summerflame(m): 3:08am On Nov 11, 2014
Another E-goat on the loose. They need to cage you before u start biting people as5hole
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Descartes: 3:10am On Nov 11, 2014
berem:
and the number one Buhari hater on Nairaland has moved the idiotic thread to front page.

Stop ranting and face the reality angry

Seen is a businessman tongue
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by summerflame(m): 3:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Were ni yin sir. U dey mad seriously. Lol. Shey u self no like the ankara trouser wey fela dey wear. Lol
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by summerflame(m): 3:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Question for the gods, I mean People's Destruction Party (PDP)
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Descartes: 3:40am On Nov 11, 2014
Mogidi:

Atiku was customs controller at Murtala Mohammed airport at the time, he has never denied receiving a call from Buhari to let in those 53 suitcases.

Hmmmm...
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:08am On Nov 11, 2014
brownlord:

I ignored your first post but just need to understand the reason for your balderdash.

Banicansta did a perfect job though.

What do you understand by the bold part you keep mentioning? If i understand what money laundering is, the man fela did not commit a crime, if he is going with 45 people as confirmed in your post, dividing that amount found on him among those people or are you saying those people should not be taken care of?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by darne(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2014
And how does this make Jonathan A Saint ? angry angry angry

I Really Find this piece of sh.it funny, how on earth will PDP and its E-cohorts ever pull up something so useless as this, when its still the same thing smelling in their house ?

IF YOU DONT WANT GMB COS YOU THINK THE YOUTHS/FELA FANS WONT APPRECIATE WHAT HE DID, WELL A TRUE FELA FAN WOULD NEVER VOTE IN JONATHAN EITHER,.....HE IS WORSE ON ALL GROUND cheesy cheesy cheesy

***** YEYE SMELLING, E-DIOTS TELLING STORIES TO LOOK BETTER, BUT NAH WE KNOW THE TRUTH !!!!!

Revolution Dan Ubanku Gaba Daya angry angry angry angry

YouthsRiseUP
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by sokera: 4:39am On Nov 11, 2014
Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Acidosis
Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Acidosis

HOW MUCH WERE YOU PAID ?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by zheroes(m): 4:59am On Nov 11, 2014
i try to be realistic. the essence of this thread is to tarnish the personality of buhari, please if buhari is not good to be a president then who? and if you say GEJ continue, tell me what has changed in the lives of nigerians in the past years. some people just feel instead of a northerner then its better a cockroach should sit in Aso rock even if after 8years you lose one testicle, it doesnt matter. havent we grown above sentiments. you guys dont understand what it means to be a dictator, absolute power, and it will corrupt absolutely, even if it was you, yes i mean you reading this!!!! NIGERIA needs change period!!!
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ggrin(f): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2014
horlakunle25:
guy u be bad man! Why u reason dat kin thing nw?? Make dem no do any testing nw ooo!!
u dy feargrin
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ggrin(f): 5:38am On Nov 11, 2014
freezyprinzy:
now this got me scared..d guy should not dare o..d trumpet is working na me service am last week
hehe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by driand(m): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2014
noblezone:
Buhari was tyranny personified!

An over ambitious soldier who who led fellow rascals to destroy destinies!

Nigerians are hoodwinked that jailing people is the same as fighting corruption!

Buhari shed innocent blood just for the fun of it!

We must do what we have to do: Buhari must not smell that sit again!
idiot, fool...
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by driand(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Acidosis:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Can anyone get me valid answers pls?

Mr. Seun, front page please... I need this info for an on-going research. Thank you my able mentor. smiley
u are stupid for requesting this poo on fp and seun with his bunch of incompetent regards moved this poo to go , so nl is now a political arm of pdp? seun take time! and get this poo off fp don't campaign against anyone on fp.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by TrishaP(f): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Ashabie:
Lolz,diva ko,goddess ni,how are you joor,where have you been? I don't even c your break light.
I'm always around. It's you that disappear without retrace. How are u doing and family?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:54am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
When General Muhammadu Buhari came to power, there was wide corruption in the Second Republic. A decree was passed that nobody take out or bring in foreign currency into the country. Offenders are liable to 10years in Jail. This decree was to curb money laundering by politicians and corrupt businessmen.

FELA KUTI
Fela had performed abroad, he was paid in foreign currency in cash and had it on him on his return to Lagos. He was subsequently arrested for breaking the law and was prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

PLEA:
There was a plea by human right groups to Head of State Buhari to "pardon" Fela, he refused because he believe that the law be served to the letter.

THE OFFENSE, GMB AND FELA:
First, there was an existing law/decree.

Secondly, Fela bringing in cash means it contradicts the law/decree, however, the money is from hard work.
Morally, he's justified! Legally, he is not.

Buhari had refused to grant pardon, because the law was broken. If he grants pardon, some section of politicians will accuse him of preferential treatment. He didn't because he believes in absolute discipline.
By law, he is justified. Morally, he is not, considering that it was Fela's sweat(my opinion). The law does not work with emotion unfortunately.

MY OPINION:
GMB should have pardoned Fela. The law should have made for exception. Buhari should have tampered justice with mercy

The law should have made an exception? Really?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 11, 2014
Fela was a man that has my highest respect.

Do you know that he rarely criticised Buhari.

He was highly critical of Thief Obasanjo and MKO Abiola.
Acidosis:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Can anyone get me valid answers pls?

Mr. Seun, front page please... I need this info for an on-going research. Thank you my able mentor. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Female Corper Caught In The Bush Destroying Ballot Papers In Imo (Photos) / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.