Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40419 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by EphraimSpencer(m): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2014
It all depends on your reasons.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MissyDivah(f): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Correct
tonquendo4u:
If u cant accept him in totality,then dont marry him
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Qc1(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....

Ephesians 5:22 -24 New International Version (NIV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by thaoriginator: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=Dopeyomi post=27998237][/quote]I no get voters card!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by efficiencie(m): 7:32am On Nov 14, 2014
ONE
the first church both man and wife must attend is the church in the family made up of the man and his wife. If this church fails, the family will ultimately fail regardless of the denomination either the man or wife attends!

TWO
there are many denominations but few churches that satisfy the Ephesians 4:11-13 description. If the man attends church A and wife attends church B they would both come to the unity of faith...but If the man attends denomination A or wife attends denomination B they would both come to discord and confusion. No wonder divorces are recorded among couples that attend the same denomination.

THREE
Love is the key. If the man loves his wife he'll fellowship with her in God's presence even in a dungeon and If the wife loves her man she'll fellowship with him even in prison cell...

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Location is immaterial...man and wife must worship God with love, in spirit and in truth!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by sunnyt1(m): 7:32am On Nov 14, 2014
jennykadry:

Then marry a man who would understand this and let you worship elsewhere.

Any man who allows you worship wherever you like either doesnt knw wat marriage entails or will never be in charge of his home.

Why would you allow seperation in your home, " the 2 shall become one " is the rule not otherwise.

I will say it again, if you wanna go ur way dont bother to get married.

Marriage it not meant for everyone.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Dopeyomi(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2014
thaoriginator:
I no get voters card!

[size=20] no worry i don already inform INEC chairman he say e no need voters card since yσυя voters internet connection is enabled..

Ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st vote for him #KIDDABLINGZZ
[/size]
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by missojugo(f): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

This is a question to ask before the wedding not after....If you chose to marry him despite knowing that you don't like his church it means you automatically agreed to 'follow him were ever he goes and his God shall be your God'
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by sunnyt1(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2014
ukandi1:
This is d origin of d crisis in my marriage..
If u don't like ur husband's church, why marry him? Love is never enuf, never ever.

Did you read this?

Why invite seperation in of any kind?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by emmanok24(m): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2014
MissMeiya:
The things Nigerians consider important.

... are unarguably very important! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by thaoriginator: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2014
Dopeyomi:

[size=20] no worry i don already inform INEC chairman he say e no need voters card since yσυя voters internet connection is enabled..

Ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st vote for him #KIDDABLINGZZ
[/size]
Ok.. Pm me recharge card etisalat 1k.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by iykofias(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2014
so u wan leave ur husband church dey go 000 abi?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Dopeyomi(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2014
thaoriginator:
Ok.. Pm me recharge card etisalat 1k.

[size=20] no worry when yσυ vote finish ah go send.. Infact we are giving out free I-phone 6 and Blackberry passport to people tha̶̲̥̅̊t will vote for KIDDABLINGZZ [/size]
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by thaoriginator: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2014
Dopeyomi:

[size=20] no worry when yσυ vote finish ah go send.. Infact we are giving out free I-phone 6 and Blackberry passport to people tha̶̲̥̅̊t will vote for KIDDABLINGZZ [/size]
pay before service!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by hazyfm: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2014
cbrass:

Praying to force your wife to attend your church Why? Is your church the only one created for heaven-bound saints? What makes you think your church is the best and not hers

By the way which church do you attend sef

I owe you no explanation.

Learn to mind your business
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by efficiencie(m): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2014
Qc1:

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also[b] wives should submit to their husbands in everything.[/b]

WRONG Sir! I'm a man but not a chauvinist looking for a scriptural opportunity to cage my wife...The Holy Ghost said:

Collosians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

A wife must submit to her husband as it is fit in the Lord.. In the name of submission men have forced their wives into or.al se.x, an.al se.x, masochism and all manner of vile acts...A wife must submit to her husband as it pleases the Lord...and hence the wife has the scriptural right to rebel when the husband's desires deviate from those of the Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1995552/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition#27995128..please vote naijaboiy for mr nairaland..he humbly needs your votes smiley

kelvingraphics where are thou

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ooshinibos: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
i like your response bruv ...straight to the point ....
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by omogidi234(m): 7:51am On Nov 14, 2014
hazyfm:
I had similar issue with my wife, but with prayers, patience, love and understanding, I won

This is useful. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by farem: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Kanwulia:
Anyone that opens at 6AM to dump the kids dia. . . Make I for see road. kiss
Shiooooooooooor!

Your idea of "dump the kids" leaves much to be desired. Refuse and sewage are dumped not kids. If you dumped your kids like garbage, you will still come back to pick your 'them'. A Church that opens 6AM for children to come in is doing the bidding of the Lord but when any parent 'dumps' their kids, they may remain 'dumped' except the grace of God. Parents need to BRING their children to the House of God stay with them in body and spirit and no for "Make I for see road"'s tactic.

TO THE QUESTION:
This is what courtship is all about. ANYTHING can be settled and agreed upon during this period. Courtship is essentially for communication and not for frivolities.
Thanks
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by hazyfm: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Seun:

Congrats! High five! You defeated your beloved wife! tongue

She wins in Ludo games, I win in chess games
She won the argument of getting a house maid, I won the argument of acquiring a dog
My win is her win wink
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by bollyano(f): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2014
That's the main reason ladies should marry guys that attend d same church with them in order not to have church issues.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ybholy(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2014
What a f++lish question!

The mans church of course .
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ybholy(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2014
hazyfm:

She wins in Ludo games, I win in chess games
She won the argument of getting a house maid, I won the argument of acquiring a dog
My win is her win
nice one

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by akpur1(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2014
a woman has no religion till she is married
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 8:12am On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
wife, be submissive to your husband in all things.... I will not repeat myself again...

Oh please!!!

What is submission to you?explain please?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by lezz(m): 8:15am On Nov 14, 2014
BreezyRita:

And?? Who said he isn't?
the man is the spiritual head of the home as well. Just like Christ is the head of the church and Christ is under God Almighty, the father, so is the wife under the man physically and spiritually.

This question shouldn't arise if the woman is a real believer. For her husband has more spiritual authority over her than her pastor, bishop or reverend.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by femmy2010(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2014
If the man is okay with it, why not?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 8:21am On Nov 14, 2014
HARDDON:

There is no discussion there. It is d responsibility of the man to lead the family, Abram got called, his wife followed not even knowing where they were going to.

First man , Adam failed because he let d wife lead him astray, when God came, he didnt call Eve, it was Adam he called, the man ,as d pilot, is to be held responsible for any ish that goes wrong with his fam. Christ is d head of d church, since d church can't lead Christ, why would a woman lead d fam to her church?

A guy left a sworn cathollic Gurl cos of this.

So what you are trying to tell me is that because a couple decide to attend different place of worships even when they serve 'the same God', God would still hold the husband responsible? For what exactly?

Should place of worships even be a cause for argument? As long as we serving the same God shouldn't that be enough?

Like I said place show me a place in the bible that supports ' a wife must move/go to the husband's church'.

Am beginning to believe this is a man-made rule,just like the doctrines most churches adopt.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2014
sunnyt1:

Any man who allows you worship wherever you like either doesnt knw wat marriage entails or will never be in charge of his home.

Why would you allow seperation in your home, " the 2 shall become one " is the rule not otherwise.

I will say it again, if you wanna go ur way dont bother to get married.

Marriage it not meant for everyone.

Lmao..... And separation in your own dictionary is worshiping in two different churches?

You no get talk
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2014
ooshinibos:

i like your response bruv ...straight to the point ....
thnks...no mind all dese ppo dat will commentin nonsense here... 95 percent of them arent fit to enter marriage...
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Qc1:

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
thnks so much...tell dem.... All ye new generation people... Dat will not read thr bible nd ponder on it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.