Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40423 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Pamcrest(f): 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
Salvation is individual.....though it's good to attend d same church but if it's not conducive to both, then let each find his/her level. I have some catholic friends whose husbands are pentecostal n d marriage is going on smoothly!
Let Christ (not church) reign in your family.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Salvation they say its personal.And church doesnt matter when you are serving the lord.Your heart thats what count.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I can't Sir grin
I'll protect you from the insults cheesy
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by swagwu(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
if u are a girl and u are getting married then u hv to know that every thing hv change...ur name..family..church...house..behaviour etc

except u are the 1 that married the man grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ayatullah(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

NOW ITS VERY CLEAR!

This type of scenerio can NEVER be imagined in Islam, because a Muslim simply bow with those who bow, BUT a Catholic cannot worship in a Baptist church, and it will be difficult for a husband who is Seventh Day Adventist to worship with a celestial wife on sunday.

It is therefore very clear that Christianity is a man-made religion, associated with very serious
spiritual conflict.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
DestinedSharon:

Oga, who said following him to his church is part of being submissive?
Anyways as for me, I like dialogueing in a r/ship. If I love U that much I does also likes ''everyother thing about U'' and neva tries to change any for U. But that wouldn't stop me from making myself clear by telling U d things I will not accept. There should always be a mutual agreement in a r/ship which must be adhered to in a marriage.
are u married yet?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
beau49:

Guy no be quarrel na,chai!!!you no even let the Op land before you attack.....lmao

Submission does not have to do with going to a husband church or not.

@Op it all depends on the parties involved. Am sure during the cause of the relationship,the lady in question would have directly or indirectly told the guy about her dislike for his church and if the guy feels her reasons are genuine or does not see anything wrong in them going to separate churches then he can allow her go to the church she prefers.

I for one might not be moving to my future hubby's place of worship,that's if I don't marry from mine not because I don't want to be submisive like someone mentioned or may not like his own place of worship but because I believe place of worships it should be the sole decision of that individual. As long as he/she is of age. It is my spiritual life we are talking about and I won't compromise it in anyway just because everybody is doing it and we must do it or because the person wants to flex/exercise control or headship except I see his place of worship would be worth making that sacrifice.

And I have been meaning to ask this question,which verse in the bible supports 'wife moving to the hubby's place of worship after marriage'?
wife, be submissive to your husband in all things.... I will not repeat myself again...
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
xtervaganza:
so your wife is your slave abi?

We Africans sef
my friend will you make use of your dictionary nd find out the meanin of submissive.... Did i mention anything abt being a slave..?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by NobleG1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....

The wife is not a slave. The husband is her partner not her boss. This is 2014 not 1950!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by dioman: 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
There is Ɲό̲̣̣̣̥ standard rule stating that the wife should join the husband's church and vice versa, the constitution provides us with the freedom of worship. ℓ̊ strongly believe this should been settled during courtship. A lot of things are to be agreed upon during courtship wish will help eliminate all manner of arguments and misunderstanding. God bless marriage - Amen.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Vikkiboi(m): 12:04am On Nov 14, 2014
Aprime:
There must be a church that overhead the couple's wedding in the first place right?... So I think they should both attend that church. It's no big deal. cool

abeg gimme the weed u took before posting this abeg?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MeGaStReEt: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2014
YOU MUST LIKE THE CHURCH
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Descartes: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2014
shocked
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by motini(m): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2014
D couple should talk about dis matter and oda important issues but understanding and fortitude is key to this.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ayo199(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2014
NobleG1:

The wife is not a slave. The husband is her partner not her boss. This is 2014 not 1950!
nw u mean d act of a woman submitting to her husband is old fashioned..hmm,is der hope 4 dz generation?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by armyofone(m): 12:35am On Nov 14, 2014
Osisi buy thermal under wear (top and pant).
Not sure if you can find it at Ross (your fav place) but try Target/Wal-Mart.

Thought winter is warm over there. Global warming is spreading.

No long thing over church...on Sunday, go youtube for hillsong and turn on Joel Osteen in bed.

babyosisi:

My dear I dey o
Winter wan turn person to okporoko but God won't agree
I don't know if they even have the heater on in this work place
My internal organs are even feeling cold
I don't know if they want my blood to congeal
E remain make I carry blanket come work

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by musiwa95: 1:09am On Nov 14, 2014
The bible want you to go to your husband church. It is a child of the devil woman that will not go to her husband church.

If you are about to marry a woman. Who does not want to go to your church. Don't marry her.

Wedding parent church is where wedding take place. Wife parent church
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by NobleG1(m): 1:17am On Nov 14, 2014
Br[b][/b]eezyRita:
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

A wife has the right to attend any church she likes and the same applies to the husband. Even though going to the same as a couple would be great but it shouldn't be under duress.

And it shouldn't always be the wife who must leave her church to join her husband. A husband can also leave his church to join his wife's. This is a decision both of them should make together, mutually, not only the man.

The man and woman are partners in the marraige and they have equal right. None of them should be enslaved in it.

She has been going to her church all her life and the f*ool wants to force her out of it simply because she agreed to marry an a*sshole? That she's married to a jerk doesn't mean the i*diot owns her. She can dump his a*ss any time, any day.

A woman supposed to have the same right as a man whether in marraige or not. Unfortunately it is not the case in Nigeria. Most Nigerian men still have that st*upid and primitive mentality that forces a woman to do whatever her husband wants whether shes likes it or not, while the woman's wishes are most times totally ignored.

This is 2014 NOT 1940.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by nickz(m): 1:19am On Nov 14, 2014
my dad-jehovah. witnesssmiley
my mum- any church she feels she can get family protection from
my youngest sister -RCCG (around our area)
younger sister- (Ada)my mums handbaggrin follows her everywhere
me-catholic/christ embassy(if i ever get the urge to attend)
my eldest brother-gringrin atheist

we don't do that family church shit over here
the only influence my dad ever had was we were not baptised as kidscheesy
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by otokx(m): 1:23am On Nov 14, 2014
It is a pity but we Africans are fast destroying our culture.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by PrettySpicey(f): 1:42am On Nov 14, 2014
shizzleStar:
ignorance is bliss! Wait till you become more matured and knowledgeable to understand more about marriage, you think its your usual bf and gf?

We are talking about a union here, where two become one. What do you meaning by losing ones personality and dignity? does that make sense to you?

Indeed ignorance is bliss as the ignorant remains unaware.

I have become matured and I'm not talking about my usual bf and gf. Actually I am talking about hubby and wifey.

And for one in a mixed marriage, I repeat it is only in African that the 'woman no get church' notion exists and thrives.

But thankfully there are always exceptions to the rule.

And the two becoming one has absolutely nothing to do with personalities... they are one, yet they are individuals and will remain so. And dignity is personal.

I hope this makes sense to you.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by NobleG1(m): 1:42am On Nov 14, 2014
Ayo199:
nw u mean d act of a woman submitting to her husband is old fashioned..hmm,is der hope 4 dz generation?

If you mean enslaving her then, yes, it's old fashion.

Your bible told you about the woman submission thing. Do you know that the same bible placed women as second class humans. In the same bible, men owned women as properties. I could go on and on.

Not everything in your bible is morally right.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by musiwa95: 1:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by deniyor: 2:45am On Nov 14, 2014
Another unimportant thing couples fight about. Who cares?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ddeola: 3:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Then you are not spiritually compatible. Why marry a man you are not ready to follow to his church? Or maybe you are hoping to change him abi when you are not ready to change?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ddeola: 3:24am On Nov 14, 2014
NobleG1:

If you mean enslaving her then, yes, it's old fashion.

Your bible told you about the woman submission thing. Do you know that the same bible placed women as second class humans. In the same bible, men owned women as properties. I could go on and on.

Not everything in your bible is morally right.

You are 100% incorrect.

Am sure you are NOT a Christian and you are trying to bring in religious discrimination. If you are truly a Christian, go and meet your pastor for a clear explanation and teaching.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by iyantuo: 3:31am On Nov 14, 2014
BreezyRita:

the wife goes to her husband's church
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by NobleG1(m): 3:48am On Nov 14, 2014
ddeola:

You are 100% incorrect.

Am sure you are NOT a Christian and you are trying to bring in religious discrimination. If you are truly a Christian, go and meet your pastor for a clear explanation and teaching.

What a crap! Prove me wrong or be silent.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ilekeh(f): 4:02am On Nov 14, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Indeed ignorance is bliss as the ignorant remains unaware.
I have become matured and I'm not talking about my usual bf and gf. Actually I am talking about hubby and wifey.
And for one in a mixed marriage, I repeat it is only in African that the 'woman no get church' notion exists and thrives.
But thankfully there are always exceptions to the rule.
And the two becoming one has absolutely nothing to do with personalities... they are one, yet they are individuals and will remain so. And dignity is personal.
I hope this makes sense to you.

You're wasting your time on typical Nigerian mentality.

Upon all their "follow husband jump bridge" mentality, most Nigerian marriages are unhappy and full of fraud.

I don't understand how following ones husband to church (while you have a church that you like) sustains a happy home. I'm guessing a fraudulent "happy home" is better than "the message". (I hope to never understand)

I've been to several churches and many, I didn't visit twice because the pastor/the church atmosphere didn't resonate with me. So why should I force myself to attend a church (just because my husband does) that's not sending me the right message just to play the "happy wife"? I have tried every Christian denomination out there, and I will find the right church for me, not my husband.

Anyway, my plan is not to have a typical Nigerian home anyway. God forbid such awful bondage. Y'all on Nl keep pretending......you'll be free someday lipsrsealed Awon Mrs-by-force. grin Don't go out and free yourself. YOLO!

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by KingTom(m): 4:10am On Nov 14, 2014
Seun:

Congrats! High five! You defeated your beloved wife! tongue
Thats the witty Seun I remember! grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Ilekeh(f): 4:11am On Nov 14, 2014
Anyway, I was an atheist for a year or so.....I'm going back to that to save my sanity.
Even Christians can't decide which denomination is the true one. What a hoax.
And trust me, I've been a protestant, Seven-day advent, jehovah witness, catholic, and many more. They ALL differ in ideology, in how to obtain grace into the kingdom of heaven, in christianity practice, in how a true christian should dress etc. One religion that is so diverse in belief is a divided religion.

It's a hoax.

Look at NL. Full of religious freaks, yet its full of ungodly behavior. Just like the world we live in.
It's easy to claim the title and easier to not practice it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.