Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40427 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
going to which church those not determine a better home, it all goes down on how to build a home with the knowlege of god. religion has been killing this country since time memorial.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by THUNDER4real(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
This is one of the problems we have in marriages, These days intending wise couples has to discuss religion, finance, how many children etc. These issues are not meant to be discussed in marriage but before even thinking of wedding.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by mikeblazin(m): 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
Well, to me Unity & love is the reason why they should worship in the same church. If the wife isn't cool with her husband church, they shld sit & discuss about it.. Its a way of even bringing the family home..
Though, it somtyms not easy. & she should be able to state her reasons, if its base on material things or things of the flesh, its rubbish...
But if she thinks the spiritual reasons, then they should sit & discuss & above all, tell all to God in prayers...
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....

Oga, who said following him to his church is part of being submissive?
Anyways as for me, I like dialogueing in a r/ship. If I love U that much I does also likes ''everyother thing about U'' and neva tries to change any for U. But that wouldn't stop me from making myself clear by telling U d things I will not accept. There should always be a mutual agreement in a r/ship which must be adhered to in a marriage.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by HARDDON: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
beau49:

Lmao@morning to evening church

Chei!NL peeps no go kill person.

@Op I think the best bet is dicussing and coming to an agreement during courtship.

There is no discussion there. It is d responsibility of the man to lead the family, Abram got called, his wife followed not even knowing where they were going to.

First man , Adam failed because he let d wife lead him astray, when God came, he didnt call Eve, it was Adam he called, the man ,as d pilot, is to be held responsible for any ish that goes wrong with his fam. Christ is d head of d church, since d church can't lead Christ, why would a woman lead d fam to her church?

A guy left a sworn cathollic Gurl cos of this.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

Warris dis one saying?

if only you could comprehend written english, i wouldnt have to explain my self.....
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I always hear this saying that, a woman doesn't have a church till she is married.

I think it's all about understanding and ability to compromise. I wouldn't allow this be a problem - that's why there are some denominations I would definitely not associate with their 'males' intimately -let alone talking about marriage.
Can you name such denominations?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by shizzleStar: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
babyosisi:

Some responders could be 15 or 16 yrs old
Nairaland has no age limit
You're right on the money....most just talk for the sake of it.

Btw being a while osisi, how have you being? i see your god work at DJOLA's thread smiley
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by cbrass(m): 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
hazyfm:
I had similar issue with my wife, but with prayers, patience, love and understanding, I won

Praying to force your wife to attend your church Why? Is your church the only one created for heaven-bound saints? What makes you think your church is the best and not hers

By the way which church do you attend sef

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Boladebo: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
beeevan:
If you chose to marry a man, you have accepted him in his entirety. You can't love him and hate his name or any other thing you chose to hate.
it may go d other way round.. its nobodys buisness.. neither is it a law.. things u do for love!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by shizzleStar: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
DestinedSharon:

Oga, who said following him to his church is part of being submissive?
It is whether you agree or not

Anyways as for me, I like dialogueing in a r/ship. If I love U that much I does also likes ''everyother thing about U'' and neva tries to change any for U. But that wouldn't stop me from making myself clear by telling U d things I will not accept. There should always be a mutual agreement in a r/ship which must be adhered to in a marriage.
an example of those things you cannot accept includes??

I agree on the part about mutual agreement thou
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by tete7000(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
babyosisi:

Yes
My husband eats Ogbono soup
I love him and I don't love or like Ogbono
He also likes to watch European soccer and basket ball and I don't care about those
Hmmm!, true love to me entails loving someone and learning to love and enjoy what they enjoy. Now regarding the issue of faith, it becomes more important that a woman loves her husband faith. It is the wife that is expected to give up and follow her husband not vice-versa. I am not totally ruling out the reverse case but it rarely occurs. The house needs to have a common front as regards faith as the house divided against itself cannot stand. If they don't share faith, it's the children that suffer. They are the ones who ends up not having strong faith, so on that ground the woman who loves her man and invariably her children should embrace wholeheartedly her husband's faith. In case she can't, I advise she marry a man whose faith she shares for the sake of her children.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
CFCfan:

Can you name such denominations?

I can't Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
shizzleStar:
You're right on the money....most just talk for the sake of it.

Btw being a while osisi, how have you being? i see your god work at DJOLA's thread smiley

My dear I dey o
Winter wan turn person to okporoko but God won't agree
I don't know if they even have the heater on in this work place
My internal organs are even feeling cold
I don't know if they want my blood to congeal
E remain make I carry blanket come work
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by cbrass(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
MrHighSea:
Trending in NL dis days: husband, wife, bf n gf talks, or law, which university to attend, I USED TO LEARN BETTER STUFF HEAR .

Seun needs to see this, infact the rate at which so many garbage is making frontpage this days is quite alarming, I pray that what befell 2go doesn't happen to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by bankoleben(m): 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
This is one of the reasons why there is courtship. Issues like this are ironed out during courtship and a common ground is reached. It doesn't have to be the wife who always have to leave her place of worship. Sometimes, the couple might even agree to start attending a new church entirely.

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
tete7000:

Hmmm!, true love to me entails loving someone and learning to love and enjoy what they enjoy. Now regarding the issue of faith, it becomes more important that a woman loves her husband faith. It is the wife that is expected to give up and follow her husband not vice-versa. I am not totally ruling out the reverse case but it rarely occurs. The house needs to have a common front as regards faith as the house divided against itself cannot stand. If they don't share faith, it's the children that suffer. They are the ones who ends up not having strong faith, so on that ground the woman who loves her man and invariably her children should embrace wholeheartedly her husband's faith. In case she can't, I advise she marry a man whose faith she shares for the sake of her children.

True love to me is loving someone unconditionally,accepting them for who they are and growing with them and allowing them grow in a way that brings out the best in them for the good of the union.

I allow you to quote me wink
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Akiika: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
I hear some churches order members not to marry outside their congregation!
Who has this happened to before?

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
shizzleStar:
It is whether you agree or not

an example of those things you cannot accept includes??

I agree on the part about mutual agreement thou

It all depends on d matter on d table. For instance worship place: there are churches I'll never step my feet into. So if I love d man in question n wish to be with him, I'll tell him in a very cool mood ''Baby, I dnt like this Ur church n also do not wish it comes between us, pls, lets look for a better church to be worshipping with together...'' this discussion will always be in d course of our dating not after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MadCow1: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

And?? Who said he isn't?

Can you separate the head from the body and survive?

He is the head.. You saw his church and decided to follow his lead.. so follow..
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by tete7000(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
babyosisi:

True love to me is loving someone unconditionally,accepting them for who they are and growing with them and allowing them grow in a way that brings out the best in them for the good of the union.

I allow you to quote me wink

Kindly think deeply about the bolded word.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by charlesditro: 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Personal opinion: she must hav a good reason that is not selfish and I being understanding will consider. She is my wife and her happiness is my fellowship, my first priority otherwise there is no church.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Loooool everybody wants to kill me...chei... I hav suffered.... What is wrong with this generation anyways.... Smh
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
shizzleStar:
I don't understand it...did you chose redeem out of neutrality or you both weren't comfortable with the churches you attend before for two of no to have retained one of 'your' churches?
I wasnt comfortable with mine. I love the hymns in the anglican church i attended but I was lacking in great sermons and that uplifting spirit. He on the other hand was born in a catholic home but his parent didnt make it mandatory for them to attend the catholic church. He loves the catholic church but sometimes follows his sister to her redeem church.
So when we met, and things started gettin serious he brought up the topic as a matter of fact. I am glad he isnt rigid 'allelluia'.

However, we go to my chapel(anglican) once in a while and he goes to the catholic church when we arent going to church together. But we go to church together most times. Feels good to pinch him once in a while when a good sermon is on cheesy.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by intergral(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
KingTom:

I know grin
since you knw then you must be a slowpoke! cheesy
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by jayedu108: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
babyosisi:

My dear I dey o
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by jayedu108: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
babyosisi:

My dear I dey o
We knw say u dey america no body force u go dey if u no like d weather then come bck to africa make we hear word jare next pls!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by inas111(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
if truly u are in for de marriage den u wil follow ur man to his church cos he is de head... pls dnt allow modernity to chide u away from being loyal to ur hubby anyday anytime winkif truly u are in for de marriage den u wil follow ur man to his church cos he is de head... pls dnt allow modernity to chide u away from being loyal to ur hubby anyday anytime
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by softmind24: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nairalander discussing something that will not add value our life since 1800AD

Softmind always
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by kzokul(m): 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
GBAM....
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by homesteady(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
ask4bk:
Heard of this "following the man to his church" thing first in Yoruba land. And most say that's the "ideal". Don't be myopic to think what's obtainable in ur place is the ideal worldwide. Like a Yoruba man that went to Zambia and asked the students to lie down while greeting him because that's how "Africans" do. Since when "Yoruba" don become "Africa".

As a CATHOLIC, i'll let you know that the laws of the Church doesn't allow a catholic to move to another church under the cover of marriage. Whether Man or Woman.

If a non-catholic wants to marry a catholic, he/she MUST agree in front of the Priest to not interfere with the faith of the catholic partner. And the children must be raised in the catholic faith in the hands of the catholic partner. whether na man or woman.

The non-catholic partner is free to go to his own church or religion. Such marriages are even done with Dispensations.

I've never heard of this your laws oh!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
kzokul:

GBAM....
lol thnk God say i get prson wey dey reason with me....no mind all dese nonsense comments wey sum ppo take use quote me...i jus dey look dem dey laff....sum of dem neve even marry sef...dem dey run thr mouth like lister generator

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.