Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! (26657 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / (18+) The Japanese Unclad Art Class Photos & Video / Bullying In Our Secondary Schools share Your Views! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by mzhorlah(f): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Princecalm:
Did i hear you say there are not many courses to study under it?What happened to accountancy,Business admin,journalism,history,architecture,linguistics and the rest.Guy park well
accounting and biz admin na under socio-science

What's this op saying self undecided every department Ɣou are is important nd has it impact to d society
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Never!!! I'd actually encourage more Nigerians to pursue the arts. Art is the true colour of any culture, in my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Op.....

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by cbrass(m): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Why are you guys hurling insults at fussbot All he is asking is for you to prove him wrong but many of you can't , well its not your fault, its the animal kingdom that we are which is called nigeria, some of thos art courses maybe marketable abroad but not in nigeria here, let's tell our selves the truth, even this law profession too is fast becoming pure-water, If you are not a SAN in this country there is little for you, law should be a professional course

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by olola4(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Princecalm:
linguistics can go directly into areas like teaching abroad,working for dictionary compilers or as proofreaders or editor.Apart from that they can work in international embassies,as public relation officers and lots more.
Historians is broad and has so many job opportunities which include; documentary editors,museums/historic sites,historic organization,archivists and many more.
You mean any body can work as a journalist this days including a phamacist,Doctor,Engineer? c'mon what are you saying.
The great journalist Edmund Obilo actually study physics when he was in d university
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Yosifperfect(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
foolishness at its peak.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by DeKasablanca(f): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nah. Arts is actually quite broad. Commercial seems more restricted. Psychology, mass comm, international relations, linguistics, political science, english, education, philosophy, etc are arts courses.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by ceejayluv(m): 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
No
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Prescott001(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
The guy that raised this topic ought to be stoned to death....Some good for nothing lunatics just post and raise topics that are segregal....I am an art student and a law student by God grace...
I like facts when arguing...
Oau post jamb who topped d list 1st-12th ::Faculty of law...where were d sciences...?
guy pls don't talk if u don't have something to say...
If u feel arts should be scrapped.. Y should not Science be scrapped?
or u think life is by holding needle and extracting blood from some1 body...
or by performing operations that always lead to negative results..
Art is Interesting but science is the haven of boredom....
I doubt if science students ever smile in their life....
and for u Oga(the raiser of this silly topic.. U A re mad
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
Art is an indispensable area of any human endeavor. Virtually, if not, everything has an art. Even medicine has an art. Art classes should not be scrapped. Instead, it should be rejuvenated and some art courses made mandatory. It's not all science. Thank God for GST in Nigerian universities.

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
I wonder why comments on a forum will make an individual feel bad about studying a course, most of the peeps that comment here are in their late teenage years and early 20's, 90 percent of which are just entering higher institution so u dnt expect their opinions to hold water. Most of their comments are majorly coined from what they are going through and not by experience or expertise. Only a few speak with experience. Its left to u the reader to pick the right comment and discard the meaningless ones.

2 Likes

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Prescott001:
The guy that raised this topic ought to be stoned to death....Some good for nothing lunatics just post and raise topics that are segregal....I am an art student and a law student by God grace...
Oau post jamb who topped d list 1st-12th ::Faculty of law...where were d sciences...?
I agree except for some sentences u made probably because u were angry.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
WHAT KIND OF BASELESS, UNCOUTH AND UNCULTURED ANIMAL WOULD THINK OF CANCELING ART CLASSES??

BEATS MY IMAGINATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Fussbot:
Honestly, this class is becoming useless day by day.This observation is based on the fact that there are no many courses you can study under it.Law that used to be the pinnacle of it,according to the recent comments on NL is now a rubbish course.When my younger brother got in for law this year I was very happy but due to the recent comments on NL I feel like advising him not to study it again..I know his future is not determined on whatever course he studies,but it seems law has deteroriated to the extent that there is no future in it whatsoever again.Law aside,other courses in art class need not to be studied b4 practising them(in Nigeria)..Dramatic arts?music?...as for English language and Literature in English,if u don't try and do ur post graduate studies then become a lecturer,I don't know wat's in there for u.....I read on Nl that most art students wants to study law,my research tells me mostimes not because they like law,but because the other courses under it aren't fit their intelligence and also there are not so many courses to study under it...we all aspire to be the best in what we do,Law used to be for art class..now that it seems irrelevant, the class should just be scrambled!...what do you think?

Honestly you deserve to be slapped by a hand from above for the rubbish you just posted.
That's the only reprieve for this level of stupidity.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by swagwu(m): 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Weda una like am or not let all art courses be scrabed is of no use let hv only school of law...

u.can imagine the manager of zenith bank here is a chemical engineer graduate!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:45am On Nov 14, 2014
I asked b4 and I want to ask again.
What is d prize of dix Mr Nairaland
u guys spend all ur time and energy
for?@Jarizod
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
I asked b4 and I want to ask again.
What is d prize of dix Mr Nairaland
u guys spend all ur time and energy
for?@Jarizod
Bro..its jst for d fun of it..And since am on holidays..it works fine for me

And pls vote 4 ur boi 2moro oo
#tanx boss
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:07am On Nov 14, 2014
Jarizod:
Bro..its jst for d fun of it..And since am on holidays..it works fine for me

And pls vote 4 ur boi 2moro oo
#tanx boss
Ah!!!! With d way d thing is booming all over NL, I thought it carries a very handsome prize o. Anyway, no problem with d voting. I'll do dat.

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by NobleG1(m): 1:31am On Nov 14, 2014
You said studing law is useless? Wow

Well, maybe it is useless in a crap university. The same as every other course.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 14, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Ah!!!! With d way d thing is booming all over NL, I thought it carries a very handsome prize o. Anyway, no problem with d voting. I'll do dat.
tanx sir
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by drgeorge1(m): 2:10am On Nov 14, 2014
Princecalm:
Did i hear you say there are not many courses to study under it?What happened to accountancy,Business admin,journalism,history,architecture,linguistics and the rest.Guy park well
did i hear u say ARCHITECTURE?
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Motolank: 2:16am On Nov 14, 2014
understatement:
Na wa 4 all these thread these day sha...bin find admission into law for 3yrs..dis year wey I con get am..una con dey rubbish am like dis..ehn? cry
Everything they said about it is an UNDERSTAMENT please!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Motolank: 2:17am On Nov 14, 2014
understatement:
Na wa 4 all these thread these day sha...bin find admission into law for 3yrs..dis year wey I con get am..una con dey rubbish am like dis..ehn? cry
Everything they said about it is an UNDERSTATEMENT please!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by sammoe(m): 2:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Fussbot:
Honestly, this class is becoming useless day by day.This observation is based on the fact that there are no many courses you can study under it.Law that used to be the pinnacle of it,according to the recent comments on NL is now a rubbish course.When my younger brother got in for law this year I was very happy but due to the recent comments on NL I feel like advising him not to study it again..I know his future is not determined on whatever course he studies,but it seems law has deteroriated to the extent that there is no future in it whatsoever again.Law aside,other courses in art class need not to be studied b4 practising them(in Nigeria)..Dramatic arts?music?...as for English language and Literature in English,if u don't try and do ur post graduate studies then become a lecturer,I don't know wat's in there for u.....I read on Nl that most art students wants to study law,my research tells me mostimes not because they like law,but because the other courses under it aren't fit their intelligence and also there are not so many courses to study under it...we all aspire to be the best in what we do,Law used to be for art class..now that it seems irrelevant, the class should just be scrambled!...what do you think?

I honestly think you're a misinformed individual who has contrived to appropriate available internet resources to the advancement of his ignorance quotient.

Whatever research you claim to have done is flawed and skewed. Every statement of yours is grossly inaccurate, a blatant misuse of your right to expression.

You barely understand the situation and your supposed solution is symptomatic of certain solution measures we see in the larger society, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I rest YOUR case....

...for NOW...

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Jerry602(m): 3:22am On Nov 14, 2014
Too many brat on NL
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Appswheel(m): 3:50am On Nov 14, 2014
dear op, i can relate wwith the innocence with which this post was conceived and thank God you shared this. Decisions like this should not be shaped by mere opinion on an open forum with many inexperienced young people. I hope you have a www.linkedin.com account? please if you dont sign up one today, on linkedin you will find advice from top professional.

My elder brother studied law n it has bn one of the best decision he ever made. he formed his own chamber with a friend during NYSC helping companies with company registration and handling llittle court cases. on the siide e enrolled for his masters.

shortly after completion of his masters he became company secretary of a foremost manufacturing company in the norrth and now he is the in-country reprresentative of an NGO in Nigeria. The young man is doing very fine.

Bottomline of my sermon is seek information from the right sources, seek advice for educational, career counselors before you jump at conclusions.

Tell your brother to visit www..com/careers. I also invite all whose spirit is dampened by the submission of d op to visit the link. It contains career information, career advice on selected courses.

How can anyone discourage d study of music n drama.....? you want our society to lose all aspect of oourrr life n culture? Are there not many graduates of Engineering, medicine, computer science who are jobless?

no allow Asa, Psquare, Darey, Wole soyinka and the likes to see your post o! Soyinka might be forrced to call down Sango to land you a beautiful slap. I rest my case. I invite you and your brother to visit www..com/careers. Dont thank me for sharing the link just invite all who are yet to make up their minds on what course to stuudy in tertiary institution to visit d link

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Appswheel(m): 3:57am On Nov 14, 2014
Prescott001:
Bro next time you want to make ur points try not to be insultive. you achieve little doing so n not expected of anyone. d young man who made d post only needs to be enlightened
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Boyooosa(m): 3:57am On Nov 14, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
Who is this guy?

please please I beg you not all comments you read on NL are genuine biko

some just post rubbish to get likes while most of them have never been to the four walls

biko don't ever believe that studying law is irrelevant I beg you, in fact no course is

just be the best you can be and study hard

thanks brother

What r u saying? Law is the same thing as acting in Nollywood movie (drama) as far as Nigeria is concern... if u can play/act along u get paid n if u r too real, ur wig will turn to badt 'grey hair'. Okay, a test for you; this present court case i.e. Tambuwal vs FG/NPF, who do you think is supposed to win and who do you think will win? Even-though, the two parties have Counsels.... tip in a low voice_FG!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by seunwen2(m): 4:04am On Nov 14, 2014
Bennyberry:
lolzz...with ur level of thinking u really tink u wud make it??.anyways i pray u do..bt wud be possible if u re examine ur brain.cos.ur future is as black as polish... Wetin small pikin know? :p

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaa #see_finishing
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by romme2u: 4:06am On Nov 14, 2014
See what lack of counselors and career guidance in our secondary schools have caused. these teenagers now equate success with money. OH what a bastardize minds. it would not be better for our teachers/leaders who refused to lay a solid foundation for their wards whom they were supposed to groom. having access to internet has become a cursed than blessing because youngsters are not taught how to think for themselves and separate opinions from facts. it is a pity that people who are supposed to be leaders of tomoro dont have guidance of what to make of their life. NIGERIA is greatly doomed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School / How To Confirm/know If Your O'level Result Has Been Uploaded On Jamb Portal / Wole Soyinka Government High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.