Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Father Hates Me! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Hates Me! (23036 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / My Mother Hates Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 16, 2014
waleyp:
Bro I dont even know what to say..... tell ur mum u want to get into hostel.... tell ur dad that going from home to school is affecting ur grade in school that u need to move to hostel... or what do u ve in mind of doing? U on whatsapp? So we can talk better?

Yes I agree
I didn't even know you were in the university
Tell your mom to send you money and you move back to the hostel and only visit him sparingly
You shouldn't be abused like that
He must have really hated your mom and is taking that out on you
Do you resemble your mom?

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 16, 2014
Mekky2010:
My advice is this...knock at his door around 5am, tell him you wish to share some very important moments with him, tell him how much u love him, tell him all the wrongs he is supposedly doing you, tell him that u called him at that time of the day because u d like him to put u through and help u change where he thinks u are going wrong, remind him that u have only 1 father on earth, tell him that the thought of committing suicide have crossed ur mind a couple of times because of the perceived hate he has for you.....I can assure you that this will work magic than both of you competing on who can hate the other more...DONT buy these opinions telling you to hate him in return, it will do you no good. My best wishes.

OP don't try this o
That father of yours that hit you in the head with a kettle will surely hit you in the neck with a cutlass for this
Don't even think about it
He is not someone reasonable
The above only works for reasonable people

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by 10kundi: 4:45am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!

Take this lady's advice.

Yields:
OP, I'm sorry you're going through this. This sort of environment you're living in is not healthy and based on what you've written, it's definitely taking a toll on you. If you continue to stay there it might start affecting your concentration too, if it hasn't already. Talk to your mom and tell her what's going on is affecting your well-being and you want to live on campus. Money doesn't seem to be an issue for her and she can certainly help pay your accommodation fees. She might be worried about what relatives would think, but that should be the least of her worries right now. Your mother is not obligated to him in any way, anymore (they divorced when you were 4) and at 18, neither are you. You are being abused. He hit you with a kettle today, tomorrow it might be something else. Please leave while you can.

commit suicide? Yo are very funny. A man like you is oppressing you and the only thing you can think of is to chicken out. Hey, you are no more that boy the man can bully, but a man that can start a family of his own. My solution ae:

Leave that your father's house -- he is not your financier, but your mum
ask your mum to give you money to get an accommodation close to your school, but far from your father's house
do not miss use the freedom you will have and end up giving birth to another you that would be hated by you when you also divorce his mother.
take the hatred for your father as a motivation to be far more successful than him. So that you can also do your own back in a civil way.
Read about Isaac Newton -- he also went through what you are experiencing, but he was the one would started the hating of his mother and stepfather, and he was not thinking of quiting life like you.

Note, killing yourself would just give the victory to your father, and I think no one can question him when you are gone, because they say you are above 18. Be wise, do not be a chicken.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by mmb(m): 4:54am On Nov 16, 2014
If you are in a school seek transfer to a school in a different city and stay there. Do some menial jobs to sustain yourself if your mum cannot provide for you. With that your dad will be missing you. Shikena!
Re: My Father Hates Me! by flickers72(m): 4:55am On Nov 16, 2014
Listen Son,I have a boy same age just as you and I'm no longer with his mum,brought him to the UK 3 years ago,never had a good relationship with his mum,when he arrived he disrespected me and never respected my wife,I now treat him.like he''s not my child.Up to this very moment he won't listen to whatever we ask him to.do and ways to live his life so he won't have issues inthe future,I yell at him on a daily basis but not other kids,you know why?Because they listen and respects me,there must be things you're doing your dad doesn't like but is only you that can see that and find a way round to change it or there must be something that has happened before your mum hot pregnant,so much in life parents won't tell their kids,Listen NO DAD HATES HIS OWN BLOOD,speak to your dad and sort things out,best of luck.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by ochardbaby(m): 5:10am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!

Hey bro,
You are the rejected stone today and tomorrow you are going to be the corner stone! I was like shit growing up...sometime everybody have to beat me,i mean everyone in the house with canes and flogged the shit out of me. Today i have my driver who move me around in latest state of art cars,live in expensive apartments around the world.....got few houses that i can call mine. What else blessed with a humble wife!!!

I wouldn't have been able to stand all the shit i faced when i left 9ja,but because i have been through similar conditions at home its nothing new. Please smile when they smack you.......just be sure you have your head up!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Hates Me! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:10am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:

OP I had similar experience growing up, it affected me psychology and human relation cos he painted a picture that nothing good can come out of me. I never had opportunity to have a heart to heart talk with my dad. Rather he nags at every slightest mistake n beat me like a Fulani Cattle. I have to endure and work hard to gained admission to University in other to be free. I left home for NYSC with determination not to go nack to the hell hole created by my dad, the supreme being granted my desire, I got job 15days before my POP in Jan 15th 2007. Today I am a Father, Husband and on my own. He now boast of me even though we are not in good terms.
Please endure this moment, it can't last for ever, work hard with the focus that yourwork will get you out of the hell hole as soon as you graduate from higher institution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Hates Me! by francizy(m): 6:16am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:

Bro,
you are 18,
You are in the Uni,
You are a man now,
So you have to stand up for yourself since he doesn't even have the courtesy to pay your school fees..
Tell him you need to move out of the house and into the hostel and do let him know that's your decision and there's no going back..
Believe me, I've had worst from my mum (tho I won't go into full details except you wanna hear it then u pm me) but when I left Lagos for ABU Zaria and stayed for over a year without coming back, she had no choice but to respect me when I came back for holidays. The thing is, when they see you, that's when they feel disgusted and treat you badly, but when you are no longer there to run erands for them, they will miss you and want you back but by then you are already out.
I pray that when you make it outa school you don't spend time at home before getting a job cuz the whole thing will keep reoccurring..

These days, it seems like we the last born are destined to face hatred and hardship of all kinds but am still believing the future is bright.. Take heart man.. Your sun will definitely shine, I promise you that!

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by bigiyaro(m): 6:19am On Nov 16, 2014
U r now 18, just get the f. U. C. K. Out of his house and mind. Change location, don't worry u will survive, believe In ursef n also in god. I finished sec. School n University all on my own.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Idrhas(m): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

it happens,im facing close to the same thing this young man is facing. Only that i knw my around the man.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by rukks: 6:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Just know that Jesus loves you. Dont hate your father show him love.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Greenlandncom(m): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:

Guy give him a long break if you can!

For those who care:

Here is a FREE site that shows you how to be a position to earn up to $100 daily without any investment to make.
http://www.100dollarstoday..com
Good luck!
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Bowaley17(m): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Different folks with different story...
Am also facing a problem just like urs...My step-mother hates my mum and she does everything to poison my father's mind towards I and my siblings...
But I believe 2mrw is gonna be better...

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by UTEWUOJO: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Dis is serious, however, be prayerful.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2014
Get your moma on phone and seriosly talk to her,for her to get your arsse away from that house and from that man asap before you regret further. Talk to her in a tone and manner shes never heard from you before. Also be more matured at home,try surpass everyone academically,etc,quit being playful,look everyone in the face without smilling,speak only englsh,be the one to call for morning and evening devotions,change your mode of dressing and move with serios pals. You are already an adult and can and shud be your own man....get closer to God.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:

bro please don't commit suicide, this is part of your story in life and it's a very good thing that you're sharing it with us.....Please do things differently with your child...

Note, you're 18 already you will soon enter higher institution.....Once that's done you can make decision of your own..............

don't hate your kids
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
flickers72:
Listen Son,I have a boy same age just as you and I'm no longer with his mum,brought him to the UK 3 years ago,never had a good relationship with his mum,when he arrived he disrespected me and never respected my wife,I now treat him.like he''s not my child.Up to this very moment he won't listen to whatever we ask him to.do and ways to live his life so he won't have issues inthe future,I yell at him on a daily basis but not other kids,you know why?Because they listen and respects me,there must be things you're doing your dad doesn't like but is only you that can see that and find a way round to change it or there must be something that has happened before your mum hot pregnant,so much in life parents won't tell their kids,Listen NO DAD HATES HIS OWN BLOOD,speak to your dad and sort things out,best of luck.

just shut da fucckk up already
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2014
holatin:
abandon him and care for yourself, don't collect a dime from him, put him at arm length, then he will start considering u. it works for me.
y all don't wanna hear my story...... I feel unwanted

i won't mind
Re: My Father Hates Me! by unmask: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Op go and listen to six foot plus' - E Don do me...... The first verse will tell you what to do
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Samsonklin(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2014
[/quote]i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!![/quote]

When u rise in d morning, give thanks for d light, for ur life, for ur strength. Give thanks for food and for d joy of living. Buh if u see no reason to give tanks, den d fault lies in urself... May God help u bro!!
Re: My Father Hates Me! by chamboy(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2014
Bro, You are A Great Person .. Greater Than ur Dad n Ur Siblings.. They know this they are just Trying to bring u down.. Pray man... n Act.. b Safe
Re: My Father Hates Me! by turasumon(f): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2014
tru all indications u re not having any financial difficulty because of ur mom. u said u ve a step mom and siblings right? den ur dad might jst b doing dis 2 hide his affection 4 u. dis way, ur steps won't c u as a threat. my broda d only advice I can giv is 4 u 2 focus on ur studies. cos dat is d only way u will make it. all d best
Re: My Father Hates Me! by chamboy(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2014
Samsonklin:

When u rise in d morning, give thanks for d light, for ur life, for ur strength. Give thanks for food and for d joy of living. Buh if u see no reason to give tanks, den d fault lies in urself... May God help u bro!!
Pls don't. Make. D Devil win.. u need to fight... You are a Fighter n u would surely Win this..
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Samsonklin(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2014
DICKtator:
Move away. He is so valueless in your life
His new punnnanny may be the person instigating him
Stay with cousins and friends
Be focused in school
Be the pride of your mom.
Make that money
Turn that negativity to positivity!
If you commit suicide, that means you allowed them to win and I tellya,
The elusive Satan would even reject you in "her?" "his?" elusive kingdom for being dumb a enough to commit suicide!
Be on T.V. like Lamar Odom
That old man would come back begging and ish!
Thank me later
grin grin grin grin
Yep vry true. Your dad is probably bewitched by ur step mum, because all of his actions towards you arent normal n natural. just be focused, prayerful n move 2 d hostel. you can ask ur mum 2 send money 2 you 2 rent a room, so that they wont ruin d bright future you have as a results of their wickedness. They have detected you av a future that y they re waging war against you. They ll surely regret n beg you later. My dad did d same, n he is regetting his life right now.,

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by flickers72(m): 8:48am On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=Abbey2sam post=28057508]
just shut da fucckk up already Listen Man,you just don't use languages which are disrespectful,ok?I don't know how you were brought up,such languages are unacceptable.I'm not here to be insulted but to contribute,mind your language Son.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by mya1: 8:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Donmichaelz(m): 8:52am On Nov 16, 2014
ur dad is a jealous ba,$tard. who fells your mum is trying to intimidated him and he also feels u are telling ur mum everything going on in his house.. u are a victim of ignorant non God fearing father....
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=flickers72 post=28058464][/quote]

I'm not your son niggga*
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Donmichaelz(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2014
jhydebaba:
who else believe this story to be a farce? u stole ur father's shaving stick for DNA test at 18. pls, who paid for the test? abi d test na 2 naira?
you would have made a point but u think like a police officer. even if u want to doubt d story think of something concrete like asking him wat was his relationship with his other brothers....
Re: My Father Hates Me! by flickers72(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2014
Abbey2sam:

I'm not your son niggga*
Do you know what the word nigga means?I'm old enough to be your dad,learn using positive languages,we Nigerians have morals don't copy what you see on TV or try copying the Americans thinking is civilization,it ain't civilization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your Crazy Experiences With Last Borns / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / What's So Special About Getting Married?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.