Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

My Father Hates Me! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Hates Me! (23039 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / My Mother Hates Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2014
flickers72:
Do you know what the word nigga means?I'm old enough to be your dad,learn using positive languages,we Nigerians have morals don't copy what you see on TV or try copying the Americans thinking is civilization,it ain't civilization.

this dude is funny sha
Re: My Father Hates Me! by holatin(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Abbey2sam:

i won't mind

k come to my room upstairs, come alone !
Re: My Father Hates Me! by flickers72(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2014
Abbey2sam:

this dude is funny sha
[quote you might think you're civilised or on top of the world,call me dude,I'm funny,not sure you call your dad dude,you are just 26 we see how it goes when you're 50,got better things to do,ok?Keep living the dream
Re: My Father Hates Me! by debonairprinx(m): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2014
waleyp:
Bro this is hard..... I wonder what happened when you were given birth.... Maybe you remind him of something back in the days,i dont know but am just saying... Just know that you cant commit suicide.. That would be worse.... Believe me all you ve to do is get yourself into a university.... That will enable you to be away from him for a while..... I think you ve a bright future and all these would be part of your story..... Just endure.
You said it all. Maybe he should ask his mum what happened on his birth day.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by TDstarr: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2014
coolHe doesn't pay your feees , get a job and move out of the house, GET some BALLS and be a man.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by janejive(f): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2014
Pls leave his house for good, as u are now an adult and ur mom is the one taking care of u financially asides from you eating in his house. Please go look for somewhere else to stay, or better still go meet ur mom in Eygpt. Pls remove ur mind from commiting sucide and concerntrate more on suceeding in life.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Abbey2sam(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2014
flickers72:
[quote you might think you're civilised or on top of the world,call me dude,I'm funny,not sure you call your dad dude,you are just 26 we see how it goes when you're 50,got better things to do,ok?Keep living the dream

I was under the impression that our age is not suppose to come into play on social forums like this
Re: My Father Hates Me! by flickers72(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=Abbey2sam post=28059812][/quote] Just as I was under the impression swear words are unacceptable on here,yeah?
Re: My Father Hates Me! by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:
am now in the University 100level my mom paid all my fees....he said i ill not go back to hostel i ve to be working for him at home...from my house to the uni is approximately 30 to 1hr journey...my mum ve to send tp fair for me each month.....i hate this man i swear!
my dear, why dont you try and get admission in a university that is very far from your father's house. My coz left after 200level to start 100level again in another state just because he doesnt want to continue going to school from home. U can do it dear, your life is so precious 4 that abuse. You really need to man-up, read hard, get another admission in another state and start working to support urself.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by ccnation(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2014
[

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by waleyp(m): 11:41am On Nov 16, 2014
Lol over power who?
Re: My Father Hates Me! by waleyp(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Lmao... I dont even know how cultists talk.... Pls can you teach me? Cultists who know how cultists talk..... Bro am just here giving out a piece of advise.... Am just doing me ok?
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2014
cry
so sad
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
I knw watz wrng wit ur dad,..ur step mum z controling ur dad,eida spiritualy or seductivly,ders only a solution ask GOD 2 destroy her power ova ur dad...bestluck

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Mujinho4b(m): 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dude... Just b patient.. It won't last 4Eva... If u hia my own u go cry...
Re: My Father Hates Me! by dahmie2013: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
OP, please just be careful&dont engage in any fight with him. Just pray 4 him&ask God 2 give u d wisdom&strength 2 go thru this. Its just a phase, it will pass.

I'm a little worried cos, I remember d redeemers student dat killed his fada in cold blood, all because he hated d man&he was angry. So please, if d man provokes u 2 much, just act a fool&God will see u thru.

It is well.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by francizy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
ccnation:

I want to fault the BOLDED in your post.
This is a script that played in my home, though i am not the victim.

I grew up to find out that one of my elder sisters was quite different from the rest of us, not physical appearance but attitude and attributes. The rest of us got more love and priviledges than she did despite her being the eldest among the female children. At certain point, she became rebellious and this severed her relationship with us all including our parents because we started seeing her as a black sheep. She latter came back to being one with us but things couldn't just return back to normal because a seed of discord has been sown in our minds while growing up.

Although our parents are late now, but not until recently i got to find out the origin of the whole situation.

It started with the circumstances surrounding her birth. Before she was born, our parents had two children (a boy and a girl). The girl was the eldest and much loved by my father. During the period of my sister's birth, the girl child died of TB. My father was so pained, hence he went to seek a cause. He was told the new child exchanged the life of the older girl. From that moment my father hated the new child passionately that she had to be handed over to my maternal grandmother.

I'm now a grown man and know better.

So this is how a native doctor spoilt the life and happiness of a poor innocent child! shocked shocked shocked
Why on earth will your parents believe that nonsense!?
Even if Pastor Oyedepo tells me my child is a witch and I and my wife never visited a native doctor to have the baby, I won't believe the pastor!
Chai! I so feel for that your sis, to think of the fact that she got paid back with hatred for what she never knew of is painful..
Thank God they didn't even take her life self.. cry

3 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Adminisher: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
He does not hate you but your mum. Sometimes, he sees her traits in you and gets really angry. Pray about it and you will be surprised.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by faithbibi(f): 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
I guess The new wife Has turned his heart against u. It's Not natural For a father To dislike his own son. You Can also Work On Your character.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Onegai(f): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
ccnation:

I want to fault the BOLDED in your post.
This is a script that played in my home, though i am not the victim.

I grew up to find out that one of my elder sisters was quite different from the rest of us, not physical appearance but attitude and attributes. The rest of us got more love and priviledges than she did despite her being the eldest among the female children. At certain point, she became rebellious and this severed her relationship with us all including our parents because we started seeing her as a black sheep. She latter came back to being one with us but things couldn't just return back to normal because a seed of discord has been sown in our minds while growing up.

Although our parents are late now, but not until recently i got to find out the origin of the whole situation.

It started with the circumstances surrounding her birth. Before she was born, our parents had two children (a boy and a girl). The girl was the eldest and much loved by my father. During the period of my sister's birth, the girl child died of TB. My father was so pained, hence he went to seek a cause. He was told the new child exchanged the life of the older girl. From that moment my father hated the new child passionately that she had to be handed over to my maternal grandmother.

I'm now a grown man and know better.

This is so awful. An innocent child's happiness was ruined because some stranger told her parents she was the cause of her sibling's death. And even worse, her parents believed it and punished her for it.

Honestly, there should be some kind of monumental exam before they let people have kids. It shouldn't be for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
A father's love is not automatic. I came to that realization painfully. Mothers love their children unconditionally (maybe it's a bond established in the 9 months of gestation and the bitter/ sweet birthing process), but it takes divine grace for fathers to feel that connected to their offspring. That's why they say it's easy to be a father.....hard to be a dad. You're not alone dear friend, my younger brother is in a similar situation with my father as you are in with yours, and it pains the rest of us to see him suffer that kind of abuse. My father considers my brother less intelligent than the rest of his children and believes he won't amount to much. I can only imagine the damage this has done to the poor boy's psyche.

It's important that you know: this kind of maltreatment is NEVER deserved- it is not your fault that your father cannot live up to his responsibility - so stop looking for reasons/excuses for your father's actions and stop trying to understand him. Stop trying to please him with hope that you might somehow win his affection because you shouldn't have to. Concentrate on yourself. Use this as driving force to make a success of yourself. Surround yourself with positive energy, I hope you get the support you need from your siblings. Above all, trust that God will deliver you from all oppression.

There will be time to mend fences with your father but for now his negative energy is detrimental to your development. You would not be able to build confidence and a healthy self esteem in that environment.

Suicide is never the answer. There are people who love you, there are people who are waiting on a chance to love you, and God loves you - please don't break His heart.

I wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by favouryemmy: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please my brother, don't commit suicide. If you're not born again give your life to Jesus Christ and commit your life to Him. Also make it a point of duty to pray for your dad daily. Ask God to save his soul and also ask God to restore the love he had for you. God will do it.
Always obey him and God will use it work it out for you. God's grace!
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Faraidi(m): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
elwire:
am now in the University 100level my mom paid all my fees....he said i ill not go back to hostel i ve to be working for him at home...from my house to the uni is approximately 30 to 1hr journey...my mum ve to send tp fair for me each month.....i hate this man i swear!
before I advice you I will like to know are you a male or female? And which state do you reside?
Re: My Father Hates Me! by ccnation(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
francizy:

So this is how a native doctor spoilt the life and happiness of a poor innocent child! shocked shocked shocked
Why on earth will your parents believe that nonsense!?
Even if Pastor Oyedepo tells me my child is a witch and I and my wife never visited a native doctor to have the baby, I won't believe the pastor!
Chai! I so feel for that your sis, to think of the fact that she got paid back with hatred for what she never knew of is painful..
Thank God they didn't even take her life self.. cry

Quite pathetic! It started in the seventies, and lingered till about 2007. Just when they were beginning to get along, my Dad passed on. Even though my mum was always trying to be on her side, my Dad denied her a lot of opportunities that would have made her better.

Till this day she still behaves differently from the rest of us, its so glaring that someone meeting the whole family for the first time would notice.
I don't know how long she has known about the reason behind her predicament, but i got to know the truth from her less than two weeks ago during a heart to heart talk with her, and i doubt any other of our siblings knows about it.

.....If only my father had been more enlightened in the 70's as much as i am now.......
Re: My Father Hates Me! by francizy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
RaggedyAnn:
A father's love is not automatic. I came to that realization painfully. Mothers love their children unconditionally (maybe it's a bond established in the 9 months of gestation and the bitter/ sweet birthing process), but it takes divine grace for fathers to feel that connected to their offspring. That's why they say it's easy to be a father.....hard to be a dad. You're not alone dear friend, my younger brother is in a similar situation with my father as you are in with yours, and it pains the rest of us to see him suffer that kind of abuse. My father considers my brother less intelligent than the rest of his children and believes he won't amount to much. I can only imagine the damage this has done to the poor boy's psyche.

It's important that you know: this kind of maltreatment is NEVER deserved- it is not your fault that your father cannot live up to his responsibility - so stop looking for reasons/excuses for your father's actions and stop trying to understand him. Stop trying to please him with hope that you might somehow win his affection because you shouldn't have to. Concentrate on yourself. Use this as driving force to make a success of yourself. Surround yourself with positive energy, I hope you get the support you need from your siblings. Above all, trust that God will deliver you from all oppression.

There will be time to mend fences with your father but for now his negative energy is detrimental to your development. You would not be able to build confidence and a healthy self esteem in that environment.

Suicide is never the answer. There are people who love you, there are people who are waiting on a chance to love you, and God loves you - please don't break His heart.

I wish you well.

Not all mothers tho.. cry
Re: My Father Hates Me! by francizy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
ccnation:

Quite pathetic! It started in the seventies, and lingered till about 2007. Just when they were beginning to get along, my Dad passed on. Even though my mum was always trying to be on her side, my Dad denied her a lot of opportunities that would have made her better.

Till this day she still behaves differently from the rest of us, its so glaring that someone meeting the whole family for the first time would notice.
I don't know how long she has known about the reason behind her predicament, but i got to know the truth from her less than two weeks ago during a heart to heart talk with her, and i doubt any other of our siblings knows about it.

.....If only my father had been more enlightened in the 70's as much as i am now.......

Wow! That's quit a long time ago! I believe if it was in the nineties he dare not believe such nonsense!
I feel for her.. Really sad even tho I have my own issues but I feel like her's was worse since she was the only one that suffered the treatment
In my case, it was like a hatred passed down on us from every member of my mum's family (especially I and my sis, probably because we look like our dad)..
It wasn't funny tho, that is why I always envy people when they brag about how lovely their mums are..
Why I see it like her's was worse is that, nobody was with her, she just suffered and bared the pains all alone, but in my case, my sis and bros all felt the same thing so we have people we could talk to when anything happens..
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nmeri17: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

Re: My Father Hates Me! by nellyshasha(f): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

. Chiefpriest I salute u,at op got lil to say but sometimes this things can be spiritual,but neva d less find things dat motivate and dat make u happy
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Mawson: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Boy, life is worth living. Life is sweet, for you to make it worthy for your living, read hard and gained successes. Those that hate you will rejoice with you later. You mother might have offended your father and what you are facing is the transfer of agression. Pray and work hard.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by alpontif(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2014
Listen well, and good.

You are 18.

LEGALLY YOU CAN GO TO JAIL.

Therefore, try to become independent. Totally ignore him. Move out of the house.

Do not be intimidated. Never ever ever allow him raise his hand at you again, ever.

More importantly, make sure you are focused.

Do not lead a disgraceful life.

Become somebody.

Be focused .

Be successful.

In Academics, bethere.

In Business, Start Hustling.

In politics, Join the SUG..

In Church..be a strong member/worker.

Join a Club like the Jaycees or Rotary club.

Do not compare yourself to your peers, remember that they are not experiencing what you are facing.

Minimise clubbing and all sorts of activities that might lead you astray.

You can do it.

Achieve and become great.

He will come, and beg.

More importantly, try not to hate him, or become envious or jealous of your siblings.

Believe me, I know.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by peren: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
Turn all that negativity to your strength, your goal should be to become the best person you can be, one day he will come back to beg for your forgivness.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Cwaya(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
VenusBetty:
I'll suggest that you run away, since your mother pays for everything.

Hmmmm..

Hello Miss,
Good day to you, i'm cwaya and i come in peace grin.
I just need your vote in Mr. Nairaland Contest.
Voting takes place in Romance Section.
Please Vote Cwaya Tomorrow from 10 am to 5pm.
Thanks !! cool smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / What's So Special About Getting Married? / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.