Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

The Fall Of Chelsea - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Fall Of Chelsea (7727 Views)

See List Of Chelsea Players And Their Monthly Salaries / Names Of Chelsea Coaches Sacked Under Roman Abramovich / Notable Facts & Achievements Of Chelsea Fc: I Love These Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2006
@ Amodu & CO.

Who created this thread? Def. not me!

I have no hatred for Chelsea, neither do i for any football club in the world. Their win or loss don't affect me, infact I gat more
support for Chelsea than Man U & Arsenal put 2gether because our own Mikel Obi is right there. What makes u think I h8 them? But if they were up against Newcastle, Everton or Portsmouth, I wouldn't. My team is Boro. If your team gat Africans, Naija esp. playing well, i'm in support. That's why I really don't hate Bolton and Arsenal for offloading Naija's greatests.

Remember that when all the british teams came out tops in the group stages recently, I gave credit to Roman for bringing seriousness to the EPL, why hate on him afterwards?

@ Chidi,

your posting this time is such a humble one that it indicates your interest to learn.
Preach preacher, servant's listening.

if u are talking football, it is a very different thing from talking football clubs.
International football, club football, which other one's left? which one are we talking about, did you intend to misyarn?

i would want to let u into the pictures of the clubs. apart from football trophies, clubs have many more businesses
from where they make up. do not ever go thinking that because madrid did not win any trophy in ten years, it will make them
poor.

Of all examples to cite, why Madrid? Why not Newcastle? How dare you bring Real into this shiznit? did you ever bother to
read up the history of Madrid and Barca? Do you know the capacity of their Stadium? Do you know their fan support base and
worldwide audience? Do you know the legends that have played there? Do you know how great their history and impact are? How can you compare a club that has culture and records? So much to be said but please don't annoy the God of football by
thinking of "Legendary" Clubs in that manner! grin
Don't be quick to mention Real Madrid, the 'galacticos'. I'll wait till Chelsea reproduce their Local and European form
before buying that opinion.

there are a lot of differences between a club buying the likes of Emmanuel Ebue who is ready to play off his heart
in the pitch and a club buying beckham who is not ready to struggle for football.
they have their different values.
the clubs make a lot of money from the big names and that is while big names are mostly in big clubs.
madrid despite their inabilities to get throphies for about three seasons now, they are still fucking rich.
you as a fan has interests in winning matches and trophies while the club owners have their eyes on the end product which is
cash. they are investors and all they need is gain.

Real are a great club, before they bought Beckham they had the likes of Figo,Zidane,Raul & Co and were building a brand of
galacticos. They can afford to pay his salary consistently, popularity, good management, Club Culture (did you notice how
club elections go in spain? Like political stuffs shey?)

IF all they needed was gain, why sack coaches because the trophies refuse to come? Why the hell did Ranieri have to go?
Why get Mourinho at all cost (BLASPHEMY?!!!) How do you gain if you don't progress? what is progress in fooball? Why did
Man-U's popularity and revenue skyrocket in 1999? What happened after Liverpool won the European cup? What's happening in Barca now?

Clubs make money from merchandise (jerseys and other artifacts), TV & Media and most of all, Gate tickets. Go check all the
big clubs, they have a large number of seats. Even when Arsenal was managing it's pint sized stadium, gate tickets were high
(now they have 60,000, imagine the volume of revenue) yet they have a salary cap even Cole "had to leave" because he was being offered 55,000 (Imagine that!).

Don't be deceived. That clubs declare profits don't mean they don't have debts. I'll help you get the list of the last
accounts of the top 20 clubs in Europe, that should help.
Endorsement goes to big names, yes, not to the clubs. Endorsement goes to club due to popularity and achievement alone.

Remember chelsea's previous sponsors before Roman's take over? Deeeurrrhhh.
Do you think Beckham pays Real for his endorsement? Nope, what they'll get from Beckham is more people coming in to see his games(Esp Asian tours), buy his jerseys and other artifacts!!!

Do you even know how much you get by winning the league and European cup? Assignment!

Even though Madrid have a long history, they only overtook Man-U in revenue some few years back, when they got Beckham.
Before the Glazers took over Man-U, they could afford 30,000 men like Ferdinand and Rooney and a host of other money gulping transfers including Ronaldo, Djemba Djemba, Saha and Co.
How many heavy transfers did Chelsea go for before Roman's Arrival? Or do you think them Shevy and co were purchased from Chelsea's purse?

Since you only jumped into Chelsea because of their exploits you probably know little about them. Needless to say, they have the best Medical Facility around the country, because after spending hell millions on players, they have to recover from injury as quickly as possible. That is some good business strategy. Roman has billions because he's a wise businessman, withdraw his millions and all you FAKE chelsea supporters'll shift to West Ham! grin

Presently WestHam are not paying very heavy salaries. Imagine they had Ballack. Multiply his wages by 52 (that's for a year)
and deduct it from their annual profit (that's if they make profits sef) it's going to be hell the following season. Relegation
palaver.

bottom Line. Chelsea is standing because of Roman's millions. Pre - Roman Chelsea can go as far as 3rd or 4th in the EPL and salary cap was decent enough. Withdraw Roman's millions now and see what happens? IT's relegation, i can bet that. You may be thinking what's changed the players are still there, but i'll tell you what.
They'll need to sell shares they can't defend, borrow from the bank with plenty of mortgage, Sell some players, like them Ballack (who wants to pay their wages anyway, not Bolton definitely - they refused to buy Rivaldo because he couldn't accpet
60,000 a month!) Do you get my point? Teacher?

Man-U were already the worlds richest club before take over and can defend it. Chelsea too dey over do. No compare with
Portsmouth and WestHam till them start. The title of the thread is the fall of Chelsea, how can they fall,and I just told you.

I don't argue thrice. A word in your ear!

You make me laugh honestly. Please get more "soccer" Education! lipsrsealed

Next Educator? cool!!!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by chidichris(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2006
oh, are not aware that any contract a player signs while in a club, the clubs have shares. wow, do u think if watford go get a large stadium now they will start making big money, nooooooooooooooooo the fan are more in the big clubs because that is where the big names are.
how many fans do u think ebue have compare to a player like beckham, zidane, figo and sheva but in football he can play better than them.
if things continues the way it is with agbonlahor, he will leave aston villa for a bigger club .
my dear they need trophies but what they gain at the end of their financial year matters most to the club owners.
the football u see is a money making machine and that is why american millionaires and other world rated dons are investing into it not for funds but to make money brother.
sacking coaches most times does not depend on lack of trophies but there are other terms but no matter how u look at it all parties involved have their eyes on ------------------------MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by amodu(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2006
Christino i have heard you, i thought you were against us.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by cabali(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2006
And u didnt have to make a post as lengthy as that one. U know how boring it can be reading large posts!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2006
No vex sir,

I type 90wpm so you can imagine, that post took me less than 15 minutes to type grin
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by slimnike(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2006
Christino:

No vex sir,

I type 90wpm so you can imagine, that post took me less than 15 minutes to type grin
It took you less than 15 minutes to type,but it will take someone 30 minutes to read it.So consider. wink wink wink
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by cabali(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2006
Go Figure!!!!!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 1:08am On Dec 18, 2006
Those who think i'm just doing ITK, here's what Skysports has to say about chelsea (december 17,2006)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435887&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=&title=Uefa+warn+Chelsea

or i'll just post it here:

Chelsea have been targeted by Uefa as the governing body attempts to put an end to big spending which they say is ruining the game.

Uefa chief executive Lars-Christer Olsson insists that clubs like Chelsea have an unfair advantage over their rivals who have to spend within their budget instead of relying on a rich owner.

Olsson said: "I agree, it's very unfair for clubs who don't have a benefactor like Chelsea that they have to live within their means.

"If there is income coming into clubs in any case, our policy is that there has to be a transparent accounting system so you can see where it comes from."

Olsson has made clear his intentions by insisting that the proposals he has made will be taken to the European Union in a bid to legalise his plans.

"We are taking these proposals to the European Union to change the legislation," added Olsson.

"It would open the way to have better control. It would mean clubs would have to pay wages within their income."

I guess this about summarizes my argument. I argue no more! wink
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by cabali(m): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2006
When man u was into the same thing, no one raised eyebrows!! now chelsea is init and its trouble
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by chidichris(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2006
according the words of skysports, the man is making a proposal which he is yet to present to the european league union for approval.
at the moment, there is no law prohibiting a club from spending.
i would want to add here that all clubs should be forced to spend the same amount a year, sale the same number of tickets and build the same size of stadia and make sure everything about all the clubs will be same and clubs should be fined and ban of been richer than the other. what a crazy suggestion.
he should be open and straight forward tell us why these laws did not come when chelsea was struggling and battling near the relegation zone.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by wormedup(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2006
chidichris:

according the words of skysports, the man is making a proposal which he is yet to present to the european league union for approval.
at the moment, there is no law prohibiting a club from spending.
i would want to add here that [size=13pt]all clubs should be forced to spend the same amount a year, sale the same number of tickets and build the same size of stadia[/size] and make sure everything about all the clubs will be same and clubs should be fined and ban of been richer than the other. what a crazy suggestion.
he should be open and straight forward tell us why these laws did not come when chelsea was struggling and battling near the relegation zone.

i'm in love with the bold part cheesy you couldn't have said it better grin

cheer coolchristino, how r u doin ma broda ?
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Akolawole(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2006
Money is the name of the game.

Can somebody remind me how much does it cost real to buy Zidane?

If i am not wrong, Ferdinand cost £30m 4/5 years ago.

Ronado to Real?

Figo to Real.

Answers needed please.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by wormedup(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2006
Zidane = 45.6m pounds - - 2001

Figo = 38m - 2000

Ronaldo = 29m -- 2002

grin grin

what's beef ??
beef's not letting people eat their money grin cool

the year before man u bought Rio for that huge amount they bought Veron for over 28m pounds to.

abeg make una leave this money spending issue, the list is quiet long and man u has a couple of spaces occupied up there.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Jackal(m): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2006
Y'all Chelski fans cannot understand something simple.
The issue of Zidane, Rio or Ronaldo aint the case here.
UEFA won't move a muscle if a club buys a player for $1 billion as long as there's a transparent account showing where these funds came from.
Man United can prove where they got the money to buy Ferdinand but Chelski can't.
40,000 capacity stadium is way too low to sustain the salaries of Shevchenko and Ballack, let alone the other mercenaries in the club.

Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid and AC Milan are rich clubs that can sustain on their revenue alone.
These clubs mentioned above have a transparent accounting system that shows where their income are generated.
Merchandises, Gate-takings, UEFA champions league lottery, TV rights and stuffs make these rich clubs tick.
This cannot be said about Chelsea who just came into the scene.

UEFA is worried Roman is transforming from his dirty deals in the Oil Industry into the game and the accounting system is not transparent enough to show where these funds are coming from.
In other words, Uncle Roman is laundering money.
UEFA fears this would ruin football as other clubs don't have a benefactor like Bill Gates, Mittal etc to bank-roll their clubs when they fail to generate a substantial amount of income.

U copy?
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by lordimpaq(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2006
tell em, jacky, tell em,
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Akolawole(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2006
What concern Agbero with overload?

Whether Abacha kept some money with him is nobody's business.

Chelsea might be wasters but how many teams in the whole world are not in debt?

The problem is his nationality and age which is a problem to the proper oyinbo people.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by wormedup(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2006
any business minded being will be willing to pump capital into his business.

cool
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Jackal(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ Akolawole,

U of all people should know better.
This issue is not about debt.
The Western World thrives on debt so the issue of debt is not the crux of the matter.
Age, Race and Nationality is not the case as well as this issue falls under the European umbrella.
U would have made a valid point if America was the governing body but i don't think anyone gives a rat about Roman in Europe.

All these peopz are saying is Chelski's account is too dodgy.
The staggering amount of millions Chelski splashes on players is too ridiculous to compliment the kinda money they generate as a club.
Its starting to dawn on UEFA that Chelski is being bank-rolled by other sources of income which could be nefarious.
In Africa where Abacha comes from no one will raise an eye-brow but this is Europe where even the last penny has to be accounted for.
Maybe Roman should move to Nigeria where people embrace criminals, drug-dealers and killers cos he might not last around here.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Abdblues(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2006
As far as i am concerned, Chelsea is only playing 'catch up' in terms of spending with Man U and other big clubs in Europe. When ManU was breaking premiership transfer records (For Rooney, Rio and Veron) nobody raised any eyebrows, now we have a rich owner and we are spending his hard-earned money wink, suddenly we are killing the game. Roman/Kenyon has said it times without number, they have a ten year plan to make Chelsea one of the biggest clubs in the world and further more a self sustaining club, The source of his wealth is not hidden, a simple search on the internet will reveal all, i wonder which one uefa prefer, borrowing a staggering £500+ as the Glazers (who knew so little about fooball) did to buy Man U, this year alone, it was reported that the interest cost of the loan alone is about £84m pounds!!!!or having a Roman A spend his 'own' money to buy Chelsea!!!!Havent you seen the way he follows Chelsea to all the matchesthe guy loves football, how can he be killing the gamehave you seen the glazers at any of man u's matches?they are in it for business, you should eufa prefer??
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by cabali(m): 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2006
Most rightly said!!! I wonder why it wasnt an issue in the days of Fergie!!! There is simply an issue with Roman not being from UK!!

Whats their business what deals he does??

Complete rubbish!!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by chidichris(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2006
i can see frustration setting in here. the big question is, since when have uefa become EFCC? the much money man sees pleasure in spending so what is wrong if someone makes spending his hobby?
please is the england government suspecting any money laundary inccident here?
is efcc( uefa feeling for the don?
if zidane, figo, beckham, ronaldinho, ronaldo and ferdinand could cost so much money long time ago why can't this uefa allow this don who is spreading this money to get to us.
it is very unfortunate that even the africans don't see reason to be happy over this spending spray.
since the intervention of abromovic, how many laws have been suggested and unfortunately they are all funny make-ups. we are aware that englend is planing to force every club to play a minimum of six english players on the pitch at every minute of the game.
in this case one will see that foreign players will cost less or obtain england passport and thereby share their income with the british government.
how many english players are in chelsea and arsenal as to have six on the pitch at the same time?
all these new laws will end up doing more harm than good and many are not after the other effects of all these crazy laws just that at the first sight it is against chelsea so it can go.
while will someone complain against a move that is no where against the rules and regulations of the game. he is a such a confussed person.
please let those laws wiat till they sign meooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2006
Chelsea "fake" fans won't give up. Has someone met a true chelsea fan in a long time? I haven't save for some who started supporting since the days of Babayaro. Chelsea have been my fave since Zola got a red card against us and later moved there and he was the main man for years alongside them Di Matteo, De Goey, Wise, hughes, that great player,captain and caretaker coach and some great guys, but kids of nowadays only know Drogba who came when the billions arrived.grin

Let's not deviate: title of the thread is "the fall of chelsea"

Withdraw Roman's billions and Chelsea will fall like a pack of cards within two years because Ballack, Shevy, Lampard and co will apply for jobs @ Man-U, Real, Barca, AC, Inter and Co.

Sorry, Arsenal will not pay such outrageous wages, and very few premiership clubs can cope with such.

No Roman, no silverware for chelsea. Full stop, let's even close this thread sef.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by kitaun(m): 12:43am On Dec 22, 2006
Even with Roman sef, silverware no easy!!! Pls forget the fake blues around jo, at least we know d authentic ones!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by ayinla2005: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2006
na jealousy dey worry una ,all u chelsea haters.the premiership is ours.long live chelsea,long live mourhino,long live abrahamovic!!! ;d ;d ;d
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by chidichris(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2006
unfortunately people can write yes when they want to write no. how can we be talking about the fall of chelsea when they are rising.
which chelsea is falling, is it the old chelsea of babyaro, zola etc or the new chelsea of our darling mikel, drogba, essien,ballack etc that is the threat of the football world.
for me, i enjoy winning and here i am, a fan to the winning side.
pls those of u man u fan, are u all done with the shock of the american take over which was an emulation of the chelsea don- chelsea serves as the pace setters here and for u arsenal fans, hmmmmmmmm am sorry because u have nothing to celebrate here, there are only two teams in the EPL at the moment with the other eighteen playing for the ticket fairs and history.
i can't really understand how fans whose teams are struggling at the middle of the table are prophesising fall for a team two points from leaders. who knows the name of the miracle that will see these other teams 10 points or more behind the first two to come up to the top-i suggest the name to be british wonders and miracle.
please for those of u who cannot beat them, it is time to join them. we cannot give-up wedding ceremony to attend burial.
man u is first but they are shivering with the dangerous forms chelsea is applying as they are coming from the over-taking lane and no one dares a moving train.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by enistory(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2006
I wonder why people hate chelsea so much.
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by kitaun(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2006
So much for retarded minds, Akola come tell ur boys to get it together again o!!
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Abdblues(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Christino - Yeah!!You can hardly find Old Chelsea supporters because compared to Man U and Arsenal, Chelsea have not been as popular/succesful, but things are much different now and that just goes to prove the saying that success bring so many friends, but it also bring so many enemies too like many disgruntled Man U and Arsenal supporters who show no respect for what we have done in the past couple of years. I started supporting Chelsea in 1995 shortly after Gullit moved there, but my support then was only on the pages of sports magazine (ISR)and now i am proud to say that i am a registered bonafide supporter of Chelsea!!!

Also your comment:No Roman, no silverware for chelsea (incorrectly i must say) tries to potray chelsea as a non-entity 'silverwareless' club before the advent of Roman. Are you saying that the FA cup (1997) League cup (1998) UEFA Cup winners cup (1998), European Super cup (1998),FA Charity Shield (2000), FA Cup (2000) are not worthy on mention? please do try to get your facts right berfore you post stuff about chelsea. Roman's arrival has only brought a dimension which has been missing for so so long a time - The premiership Title! and Roman's arrival also means we could copete well in the trasfer market and that was why the balance of power has shifted in the past couple of seasons. And every club needs money to survive BUT money alone doesnt bring success! clubs like R. Madrid, Newcastle, T Hostpurs have spent a lot in recent years but what have they to show for it?Chelsea have got a bit of class, hunger , determination and they also have the specila 'one'
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2006
The Ultimate silverware remains the premiership, and if you read through my posts, i'm not the fellow who started watching the premiership when Okocha came to Bolton, if it is to dig history up, i have that right here, the silverware i mean here is the EPL and if you can see, that's been Jose's top priority, alongside the Champs League. When last did Chelsea win the old Premier League before Jose? tell me o. Last year they won none of the trophies you listed above and no one raised a brow, if they had failed to win the EPL for example and won the carling cup or whatever i don't know if some fake fans woulda been compensated by that, they all expect an outright EPL win year in year out.

I don't know how on earth you think i don't know about those silverwares of the Zola Era, i'm talking about the EPL which Chelsea has laid claim to since Roman's second year. Who cares about the League Cup, we all know Carling is consolation for a poor season grin even Boro won it a few years back and Big Sam made the finals. I marvel when people record the Charity shield as a cup, I always see it as a friendly.

All said and done, like I said Pre-Roman Chelsea'd naturally finish top 5 in the league, but as the team presently is, if you withdraw Roman's millions (with all the world's starting internationals and team captains grin) they'll join Derby County few years to come. Bet it.

Glad you've been a chelsea fan for close to 12 years that at least makes maximum sense to me at least i've seen a fan and not "unjust" fanatics joining the winning "canteen".
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by kitaun(m): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2006
There is some defeaning silence around here, damn!!! undecided embarassed grin

Where are the [i]Baba and Uncle Blues [/i]in the house! undecided grin
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by chidichris(m): 5:19am On Dec 23, 2006
brother, how do u feel if someone says, if not because u have legs u know u cannot work?
how do u say no roman no silverware. i get am before no be property brothers.
let us first of look back at the threat(the fall of chelsea) which is my suggestion that we change it to the rise of chelsea.
someone somehow will bring a change. what if we say, without ferguson?
the most important here is to correct the one who post this thread, at least to make him see reasons to believe that chelsea is the team of the moment, the threat of everyother team, the team to beat, the never say dies, please all man raise his hands up and sampe for the people wey too sabi
Re: The Fall Of Chelsea by Christino(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2006
@ Chidi,

Since you guys have refused to face the music, i'd better thru d question at you.

What will happen if Roman withdraws his billions this very morning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thierry Henry From Madagascar! / Fa Cup: Stoke City V Arsenal [3 - 1] On Sunday, January 24 / Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.