Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,444 members, 7,839,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

1click's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1click's Profile / 1click's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Car Talk / Innoson Gives Out Brand New IVM G5 And Salary For Life To The Man by 1click(f): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Innoson Gives Out Brand New IVM G5 and Salary For Life To The Man Who Prophesied About His Vehicle Manufacturing In 1979.

Last Saturday, July 22nd the Chairman of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd, Chief Dr Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma OFR gave out a brand new Innoson IVM G5 to Mr Ikechukwu Osakwe popularly known as Osabros who prophesied to him in 1979 that he would be the first man in Africa to manufacture vehicles and sell to different African countries.

The prophecy was given at the period the then Innocent Chukwuma could not boast of a car, talk less of manufacturing one. According to Dr Chukwuma during the presentation of the car, he recalled on how Mr Ikechukwu Osakwe all the way from Kano blocked him at the front of his house early in the morning and told him he has a message for him.

Mr Osakwe went on to narrate a dream he had about him, how he saw in the said dream his vehicle manufacturing company known as CAP PLC. "He told me that CAP means Chukwuma Automobile Productions. Immediately he said that I laughed him to scorn and left him immediately.

After some years when I established the first motorcycle assembly plant, he came back again to remind me of that dream again and told me that I will still manufacture vehicles. Of a truth it was after I had established my vehicle manufacturing plant that I realized that his prophecy was real.

This week I signed an MOU with TAXI PLUS all the way from MALI to supply about 400 vehicles to Mali and I then recalled that Mr Ikechukwu Osakwe prophesied as far back as 1979 that I will be the first indigenous vehicle manufacturing company to sell cars to other African countries. I shed tears of joy and said this can only be the hand of God. That is why I have invited him to let him know that his prophecy has been fulfilled. I have decided to give him a Brand new IVM G5 SUV and pay him a monthly salary for life. I want to encourage him to keep serving His God".

The presentation of the vehicle was witnessed by the members of Osakwe's family, friends and relatives. The presentation was done by Chief Gabriel Chukwuma, (Gabros), immediate elder brother to Dr Innocent Chukwuma who equally was a witness in 1979 when the prophecy was given.

In his vote of thanks, Mr Osakwe expressed gratitude to Dr Chukwuma and further told him that more great things will still happen to him and IVM. He prayed for Dr Chukwuma and told him that the Grace of God that has brought him this far will continue to see him through till IVM becomes a dominant force in Africa.

http://www.anstalk.com/?m=1

Politics / Do You Really Know Who That Deserving Candidate Whom Your Vote Will Count For Is by 1click(f): 8:51am On Jul 21, 2017
DE-POLITICS...

Anambra on Focus..

Ndi Anambra.....

Our fathers once lived in an Anambra where corruption was a norm, insanity a model, security highly unascertainable, democracy just an ideology taught only in classrooms, wages were not paid, our women made domestic slaves, getting educated like discovering the philosopher's stone, the streets as dark as the hearts of the men who lived in and governed them.

Our fathers once lived in an Anambra where they knew not who led them... nor where they were being led to.

Good riddance to those cold ages! History they are, and history they will remain, beacuse the new age has come... We have come.

We have made the world of our own and in our world we get to know who leads us and where we are being led to.

Gone are the days of asymmetrical information where poor citizens buy whatever that is sold to them, where empty promises fill campaigns and manifestos.

Know this now all ye candidates... WE BUY NO MORE!

We will hold you by your word, you will be held accountable... because we will know you.

Ndi be anyi, oge erugo. Kunienu! It is high time we rose above pennies and soar to passions. Our beloved state Anambra does not deserve mediocrities. We are the greatest and thus have earned ourselves the right to have the best leading us.

As cliche as this may sound, the reality is that your vote counts. No doubts. The main question is DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO THAT DESERVING CANDIDATE WHOM YOUR VOTE WILL COUNT FOR IS?

You have every right to know. You should know.

'But how?'... By being involved.

DePolitics, a branch of The Anambra Achievers (TAA), has made this possible.

DePolitics will give you an unbiased information on the forthcoming November 2017 Gubernatorial election; on the candidates themselves, their flagging political parties and your right on elections as Anambrarians. All these and more, with the purpose of improving overall voting experience and turn out.

It will be HEATED.
It will be RAW.
It will be ENGAGING.
None like ever before!

Visit the handle _anambraachievers_ on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information.

To the prospective candidates... Caveat!

Count Down....
18/11/2017

Daalukwanu.

P. R. Ibekwe
Public Relation The Anambra Achievers (TAA) Forum

Politics / 62 Facts About Gov Obiano's Mother by 1click(f): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
From a Fish Seller to a Governor's Mother... 62 Facts about Gov Obiano's Mother*

_Adieu #Adinije #NneWillie #MamaObiano_

1. A mother is someone who takes the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.

2. She holds her children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.

3. These can best describe the charismatic diamond mother in a million, Nne ora, the late Mrs. Christiana Chinelo Obiano [Adighi n’ije ma ije ekwe ogiga].

4. As her name portends, Christiana was born in 1927 into the noble Christian family of Mr. Azodo Manafa and Mrs. Josephine Manafa of Idigo dynasty in Ezi Agulu, Aguleri.

5. Christiana’s mother, Josephine, sold Mangala fish while her father, Azodo was a hunter and farmer.

6. The early catholic missionaries that brought Christianity to Igboland met the family and converted them.

7. Thus, Mrs. Christiana’s brother, Meze, became a priest.

8. In view of this, most of the early missionaries, including foreigners and their converts as well as other indigenous priests settled in Mama’s family house, which became a rallying point for priests.

9. Hence she was widely known as Nne ndi Father.

10. The little Christiana, perfectly skilled in the art of cooking, would cook for them, wash their suitans, cassocks and other clothes as well as tidy the home.

11. In return, they would bless her.

12. Mama was a gifted cook.

READ: Court’s ruling on PDP’s crisis excites APC governors

13. She served many priests, including Blessed Father Michael Iwene Tansi, Dominic Cardinal Ekandem, Bishop Obeleagu, Bishop Shannahan, Father Gbuzue among numerous others.

14. Father Tansi baptized and later taught Mama at Saint Joseph’s and Saint Raphael’s Elementary Schools, Ezi-Agulu, Aguleri up to Standard Six.

15. From her mother’s side, Mama was the first daughter amongst two brothers and five sisters.

16. At 90, Mama was the oldest in Manafa dynasty in Ezi-Agulu, Aguleri.

17. Because of her beauty, cookery skills, cleanliness, humility, respect, hard work and prayerfulness, the eyes of a handsome and Christian suitor caught up with the then Christy.

18. That lucky man was Sir Philip Onuorah Obiano from Umuanaeveli, Egbeagu Village Aguleri, a Scout Commissioner in the then Eastern region (even during the war), a catechist, teacher and later headmaster. He was highly disciplined.

19. Story has it that Sir Philip, who had taught in many areas, including Onitsha, Abakaliki, Isienu, Izzi, Ezamgbo, Obosi,Umuoji, Nkwelle Ezunala, Aguleri and then Onitsha, had been observing Christy and remarking her early arrival to church activities, her dedication, honesty, simplicity and humility and other attributes which made him to inquire further of her parents.

READ: FOCUS ON ANAMBRA ELECTION... DE POLITICS

20. True to type, the day Philip came visiting, Christy was in the market selling fish with her mother.

21. They eventually married and were wedded by Monsignor Meze.

22. The union produced six children, two died, while three males and one female survived.

23. They are; His Excellency, Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano, Governor of Anambra state, Chief Cyril Chukwudozie Obiano, Queen Elizabeth Nkechi Iheme and Mr. Evaristus Chukwunedu Obiano.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/62-facts-about-gov-obianos-mother.html?m=1

Education / WAEC Releases SSCE Results, Withholds That Of 214, 952 Candidates by 1click(f): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
Some 214,952 candidates cheated in the May-June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and their results have been seized by the authorities.

Mr. Olu Adenipekun, Head of National Office of the West African Examination Council, WAEC, announced this in Lagos as he also announced the cheering news of a seven percent improvement in the number of candidates that passed the examination with five credits.

Last year, 52.9 percent of the candidates recorded the feat. The number jumped to 59.22 percent this year, out of the 1,559,662 candidates that sat for the examination.

Adenipekun said WAEC was still investigating the exam cheats and that the schools of the students would be duly informed soon.

“The cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations will be presented to the appropriate committee of the council in due course for consideration. The committee’s decisions will be communicated to the affected candidates through their schools,’’ he said.

He said that 923,486 of the 1,559,162 candidates that sat for the examination, obtained a minimum of credits in five subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics.

The official said the percentage of candidates in this category in the WASSCE for school candidates was an improvement on what was obtained in the same examination in both 2015 and 2016, with 38.68 and 52.97 respectively.

Giving a further breakdown of the results, the WAEC boss said that 1,084,214 candidates, representing 69.94 per cent, obtained credits and above in six subjects.

He said that 1,243,772 candidates, representing 87.05 per cent, obtained credits and above in four subjects.

Adenipekun added that 1,436,024 candidates, representing 92.44 per cent, obtained credits and above in three subjects, while 1,490,356, representing 95.59 per cent, obtained credits and above in two subjects.

He added that of the 1,559,162 candidates that sat for the examination, 1,471,151, representing 94.36 per cent, had their results fully processed and released.

The official said that 95,734 others, representing 5.64 per cent, had a few of their subjects still being processed due to errors traceable to the candidates in the course of registration or writing the examination.

“Such errors are being corrected by the council to enable the affected candidates get their results fully processed and released subsequently,’’ Adenipekun said.

The head of national office commended the supervisors, examiners, and other persons for their immense contributions in ensuring a smooth conduct of the examination.

“The coordination and marking of candidates’ scripts for the 2017 WASSCE for schools was successfully held between May 24 and June 11 at 83 marking venues spread across the country.

“Having said this, we will like to state also that the Nigeria National Office of the council has concluded arrangements to commence the conduct of the WASSCE for private candidates from January/ February 2018.

“This is part of our commitment in ensuring quality service delivery to the Nigerian public.

“I also want to seize this opportunity to inform you that with the upgrade of the council’s ICT facilities, particularly the recently commissioned HP Converged System – a private cloud, the compability of the council’s ICT has now been enhanced,’’ he said.

News Agency of Nigeria reports that WAEC official called on candidates who sat for the examination to check the details of their performance on the council’s result website within the next few hours.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/waec-releases-ssce-results-withholds.html?m=1

Politics / Protest Over Killing Of Eight By Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by 1click(f): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Early Monday morning suicide attack which killed eight people in a Maiduguri Mosque has caused a protest by youths, who are aggrieved over the incessant attacks on the Borno state capital.

The angry youths were reported to have attacked officials of the Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), who were on rescue mission at the scene of suicide bomb attack.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the attacked occurred at Londonciki-Simari area of Maiduguri.

A female suicide bomber attacked a mosque in the area killing eight worshipers and 15 others sustained injuries.
The rampaging youths attacked the SEMA’s Emergency Rapid Response team dispatched to evacuate corpses and to render assistance to the victims.
The youths were said to have been angered over the spate of suicide attacks coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents.

The youth angry chanted various slogans against the relief officials, saying: “SEMA and other agencies you are providing services to people and yet you kill us’’.
“You better leave, we do not need your assistance”.
The youth armed with clubs and sticks smashed one of the SEMA’s vehicles and prevented the team from carrying out its mission.

It took the intervention of the members Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) to rescue the team from the area.
A SEMA official, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident, and added that the team was at the scene of the bomb attack to provide immediate assistance to the victims.

Source, More pictures: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/protest-over-killing-of-eight-by.html?m=1

Politics / Senate Gives Agencies One Week To Submit 2017 Budgets by 1click(f): 7:02am On Jul 13, 2017
The Senate has given an ultimatum of one week to all agencies and corporations of the Federal Government that had yet to submit their 2017 budgets for scrutiny and passage to do so.

The agencies are those required by the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007, to submit their budgets to the National Assembly for approval independent of the national budget.

The agencies include Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation and Nigerian Ports Authority.
The assembly also gave the agencies a chance to submit the proposals to the relevant committees for onward transmission to the Senate leader for legislative action.

It added that all exercise for consideration should be done before the lawmakers would go for their annual recess. The directive followed a motion by the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, during plenary.

Lawan said in respect of the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007, the Senate had yet to officially receive the budgets of the agencies listed in the schedule.
“Last year, 2016, those proposals were submitted with annual appropriation. We need to have budget appropriations properly passed for these agencies and corporations.

“I believe that the time is already late but we still have to pass the budgets of these agencies.
“I, therefore, move that this Senate resolves that agencies that have not submitted those proposals in line with the Fiscal Responsibility Act must do so within the next one week.”

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/senate-gives-agencies-one-week-to.html

Politics / Supreme Court Declared Markafi The Authentic National Chairman Of PDP by 1click(f): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Nigeria’s apex court of jurisdiction, the Supreme Court is today hearing the appeal filed by the Sen. Ahmed Markarfi faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against the Port Harcourt Appeal Court’s ruling making Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff the authentic National Chairman of the party.

The Appeal Court had ruled in favour of Sen. Sheriff after the leadership crisis rocking the party led to the two factions struggling for the seat.

The erstwhile largest party in Africa has been in this crisis since the unexpected resignation of Alhaji Adamu Mua’zu in May 2015 after the party lost the March 28 Presidential elections to the ruling All Progressives Congress APC

This morning Supreme Court Declared Markafi The Authentic National Chairman Of PDP

"http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/happening-now-supreme-court-declared.html #update #feedly

Celebrities / My Relationship Is Not Based On Truth -- Jay-z by 1click(f): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
JAY-Z has released another mini-documentary for his new album, 4:44, and the latest clip is very much a confessional about rumored infidelity his wife Beyoncé first laid bare on Lemonade.

Called “Footnotes for ‘4:44,’” the 11-minute video features deep conversations about relationships with women and interviews with celebrities like Chris Rock, Will Smith, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Paul, Jesse Williams, Aziz Ansari, Mahershala Ali and Meek Mill.

“This is my real life. I just ran into this place and we built this big, beautiful mansion of a relationship that wasn’t totally built on the 100 percent truth and it starts cracking. Things start happening that the public can see,” JAY-Z explained about his marriage.

“Then we had to get to a point of, ‘Okay, tear this down and let’s start from the beginning … It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done,” he continued.

The rapper also admitted that fighting for his relationship had been more challenging to go through than his childhood in Marcy Projects and being shot at.

“What is happening to my body right now? Did I just say … ‘Don’t leave’? All this is new for me,” he said, recalling a vacation with Beyoncé during which he begged his wife not to leave.

Later, JAY-Z discussed the reasons why he played “4:44” for Beyoncé before anyone else. “We just got to a place where, in order for this to work, this can’t be fake. Not one ounce. I’m not saying it wasn’t uncomfortable because obviously it was,” he said.

The father of three previously released a video titled “Footnotes for ‘The Story of O.J.’” that focused on the black experience in America.

Source : http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/my-relationship-is-not-based-on-truth.html?m=1

Celebrities / Tekno Blessing His Twitter Fans With Cash by 1click(f): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
Talented singer and producer, Tekno has become some sort of philanthropist on twitter since 2 days ago after he announced that he will be doling out money in tune of N5 million to his followers who might
have a small scale business in need of financing or those in need of money to sort out school fees.

Since the announcement, his twitter followers have increased from 40.7k to more than 73k and counting.
Below are some of the proof of his fulfilled promise.

His handle @alhajitekno
Mine @ella8910

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/tekno-shares-proof-on-twitter-to-show.html?m=1

Career / Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by 1click(f): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Nigeria Police have announced the dismissal of four officers for extortion.

The four officers served with the Ogun State Command and included one inspector, one sergeant, and two corporals.

According to a police bulletin obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the affected officials were attached to the Ijebu-Ode Division of the Ogun State Command.

The police said the dismissal was in line with the fight against corruption.

The dismissed officials were named as Mufutau Olaosun, an inspector; Adebayo Temitope, a sergeant; Bakare Taiwo, a corporal; and Adesoye Ayokunlehin, a corporal.

The police said the suspects were charged, tried and found guilty in an orderly room conducted at the Area Command Headquarters, Ijebu-Ode for two offences

The case against the culprits, according to the bulletin, was that ‎on June 12, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via its WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003.

“Good morning sir, My name is (Withheld), living in ijebu ode, on Wednesday afternoon I went to withdraw money from the bank and am been sent by my boss when going back to the office some policeman car just double cross me and collect my phone telling I stole the phone I should follow the to the station and they took me to igbeba police station here in ijebu asked me to do frog jump from outside to a room, which I did to afford being beating,” the complainant said.

“After gotten there they started calling me a internet fraudster which I told them am not that am an (withheld) and they started beating slapping me and forcing me to write a statement which they are the one telling me what to write and after that they collected 50,000 from me (from my boss money which I went to withdraw before ealizing me.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/nigeria-police-dismiss-four-officers.html?m=1

Politics / Court Orders FG To Name Officials Who Have Returned Looted Funds by 1click(f): 5:21am On Jul 06, 2017
Malami: Govt will comply with ruling
Says FEC has no locus standi on Senate’s threat to stop confirmation of nominees
House c’ttee to invite Jonathan to give evidence in Malabu Oil deal

Tobi Soniyi in Lagos, Omololu Ogunmade and James Emejo in Abuja

A Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered the federal government to immediately release to Nigerians information on the names of high ranking public officials from whom public funds have been recovered and the circumstances under which the funds were recovered, as well as the exact amount of funds recovered from each public official.

Reacting to the ruling, the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), said the federal government would comply with the judgment of the court by publishing the names of public officials who have returned looted funds to the treasury.

Also while responding to questions from State House correspondents Wednesday after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in Abuja, Malami said the cabinet has no position on the Senate’s rejection of the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, resulting in renewed hostilities this week between the executive and Senate and its decision not to consider new nominations from the executive.

Malami said no position was taken on the matter, describing it as a trivial issue that FEC would not dissipate its energy on, since it was not decided upon by council.

At the Federal High Court, Justice Hadiza Rabiu Shagari gave the order for the release of names of public official who had returned looted funds, while delivering judgment in a suit challenging the refusal of the federal government to disclose information to a civil society organisation, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), following a request made to it under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act.

In her judgment, Justice Shagari agreed with SERAP that government had a legally binding obligation to tell Nigerians the names of all suspected looters of the public treasury, past and present.

The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Muhammed, and the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture were the defendants in the suit.

Details Here: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/court-orders-fg-to-name-officials-who.html?m=1

Politics / NBA Condemns Agitation For Breakup Of Nigeria by 1click(f): 5:09am On Jul 06, 2017
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has condemned the heightened agitation by individuals, groups and organisations calling for the violent breakup of Nigeria, stating that advocacy for violent breakup of the country is misguided.

The NBA, in a statement signed by the association’s President, Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), stated that it rejected these tendencies unequivocally and condemned all such threats to the sovereign existence of Nigeria and the peaceful co-existence of our communities.

The association also stressed that it recognised that Nigeria is going through difficult economic times, a direct product of the failure of successive governments to diligently tackle the myriad challenges bedeviling our country.

More: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/nigeria-will-be-out-of-recession-in.html

However, the NBA said it was confident that Nigerians can and would resist the tendency to turn on one another during these difficult times.

“The NBA reaffirms its belief in unity and sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We believe that the peoples of Nigeria, irrespective of diversities of identity, face common and shared everyday challenges and desire a stable and secure country based on justice, equity and the rule of law.

“The NBA is convinced that our various peoples have consistently shown the capacity and desire to live together in a federation under democratically elected government, which alone can guarantee the conditions for addressing the imperfections that ail our country.

“The NBA is convinced that our people are better off in a united Nigeria run and managed in accordance with the principles of justice, equity and the rule of law, and capable of harnessing our diversities in a manner that strengthens our historic bonds of coexistence. Any advocacy for violent breakup of the country is misguided.

“The NBA uncompromisingly affirms that all citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria have the constitutional and legal right to live, travel to and own or acquire movable or immovable property in any part of the federation.

“No individual, group or organisation under any guise can lawfully issue any form of notice to Nigerians with the goal of diminishing the enjoyment of these rights.

“The NBA reaffirms that Nigerian citizens everywhere have a constitutional right to free expression and to robustly debate issues affecting our country. It is however clear that the constitutional right to free speech does not extend to or protect hate speech.
“The NBA commits to working with the appropriate security agencies to ensure accountability for such acts.

“Accordingly, I have today directed the Section on Public Interest and Development Law (SPIDEL) and the Human Rights Institute of the NBA (NBA-HRH to collaborate with the National Secretariat of the NBA in a unit to monitor and liaise with security agencies to ensure accountability for hate speech and incitement to identity-based hatred in Nigeria.

“The NBA appeals to media houses, publishers, broadcasters, opinion leaders, politicians, faith and community leaders, intellectuals, social media influencers and on air personalities (GAPS) to exercise responsibility and utmost professionalism in the content they publish or distribute through their platforms.

“The NBA urges Nigerians to unite in isolating and shaming opportunists that have decided to put the co existence and well being of our people at risk for their narrow ends. Such a step will further affirm the resolve of the Nigerian people to live in peace and harmony under a democracy founded on justice, equity and rule of law.”

Via: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/nba-condemns-agitation-for-breakup-of.html

Politics / President During The Breaking Of The Ramadan Fast by 1click(f): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ag. President @ProfOsinbajo during the breaking of the Ramadan fast with Northern Traditional Rulers, at the State House, this evening.

For more: www.Anstalk.com

Celebrities / Billboard Music Awards: See All The Smashing Looks by 1click(f): 6:27am On May 22, 2017
The 2017 Billboard Music Awards have just ended and as with every star-studded event like this one, the fashion is just as important as the music; if not more.

The stars arrived the magenta carpet in outfits, mostly not Grammys or Oscars appropriate but stunning all the same.

Drake, Beyonce and Twenty One Pilots were some of the biggest winners of the night but on that yummy carpet outside, we had Rita Ora, Hailee Steinfeld, Jussie Smollett, John Legend and Jeannie Mai serving some of the most amazing looks of the night.

While most of the looks had us gushing, we cannot deny the few omg-what-the-Bleep-is-she-wearing moments.

Slide through the gallery for all the looks.
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/05/sad-story-man-was-burnt-by-wife.html

Photos: Vogue

Health / Say NO To Discrimination Against Children With Disability - Nurse Ozioms by 1click(f): 1:42pm On May 21, 2017
All hope is not lost for a child with Autism, Cerebral palsy, Attention Deficit Hyper/Hypo activity Disorder, Down's syndrome & various degrees of mental & intellectual, hearing ,speech& sight impairment.

The time to act is NOW. With early detection & intervention in designated special schools & therapeutic centres, parents of such children can smile again.

Say NO to discrimination against these persons & help brighten their world.

There's ability in every disability!

More:
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/05/say-no-to-discrimination-against.html#.WSF9aPRYgig.whatsapp

Business / Central #bank Of Nigeria Releases Telephone Line To Address Forex Issues by 1click(f): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2017
(VON) The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has released an emergency mobile phone line for customers denied access to foreign exchange by banks for medical bill and school fees.

CBN also released email address for immediate complaint against any commercial bank that denies a customer access to foreign exchange.

The customers have been advised to either call 07002255226 or send an email to cpd@cbn.gov.ng. The provision is made particularly for customers buying foreign exchange for school fees and medical fees.

“Any customer who is not attended to within 24 hours for BTA/PTA or 48 hours for tuition and medical fees should call 07002255226 or send an email to cpd@cbn.gov.ng,’’ CBN said.

The apex bank said the aggrieved customer should name the bank and branch of the non-cooperating bank. “Furthermore, no customer should accept to buy FOREX from any bank at more than the currently prescribed rate of N360/$1” CBN statement added. CBN debunked claims by some banks that it was not selling enough foreign exchange to them for BTA, PTA, tuition and medical fees.

CBN’s Acting Director, Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, advised customers to report any defaulting bank as necessary sanctions would be invoked on erring banks.

He said that information reaching the apex bank show that some customers seeking to buy foreign exchange for BTA, PTA, medical and school fees were being frustrated by some banks.

More
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/04/central-bank-of-nigeria-releases.html?m=1

Health / Chicago Woman Becomes First Patient To Be Cured Of Sickle Cell Disease by 1click(f): 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hope comes to us at times like these, when we see technology working to save lives. Sickle Cell is finally curable. Iesha Thomas, who suffered from the disease is the first person to be cured.

Iesha Thomas, 33, was living with the disease that progressively got worse. It really wreaked havoc on her life after she gave birth to her daughter, resulting in her needing repeat blood transfusions and two hip replacements due to bone damage.

Sickle cell affects one in every 500 African Americans in the U.S. But the good news is this disease might be on its way out. Fingers crossed. The disease can be extremely painful. What happens is a defect that causes the oxygen-carrying red blood cells to take on a sickle-like appearance. The blood cells deliver less oxygen to the body’s tissues, causing severe pain, stroke, and even organ damage.
But a great breakthrough has occurred! Thomas is the first patient in the midwest to be cured of the Sickle Cell Disease.

READ X-Ray: Is Tope Alabi in Oro Cult? Did 'Prophet' Ajanaku initiate her?
“I just want to be at home with my daughter every day and every night,” said Thomas.
Physicians at the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Science System performed a procedure using medication to suppress her immune system and a small dose of total body radiation before doing the stem cell transplant. The procedure allows for the patient’s own bone marrow to coexist with that of the donor.

The goal of the transplant is for the stem cells to gradually take over the bone marrow’s role in producing normal, and healthy red blood cells.

Anstalk.com

Politics / Ndi Anambra, Our Tomorrow Is Here; The Time Is Now! by 1click(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Do you still remember the popular saying that the "youths are leaders of tomorrow"?

Can you remember the first time that statement ever crossed your ears?

Do you still recall nursery and primary school days when your teacher would always comfort you with that statement?

How well do you remember the then power holders and the now leaders?

Have there been any changes in the evolution of leadership of this country to carry the youths along?

When do you think is the best time to take over that mantle of leadership in your own country?

Well all these and more were the things that the Anambra youths considered and came to the conclusion that come November this, that the youths must be represented in the issues of government and leadership as regards state governance.

The different youth bodies of Anambra State on Saturday 25th of March 2017 organised a press conference to make their interest know in the upcoming elections and to Present the "chosen one" whom they have taken time to examine and cross emamine and found fit to represent the youths in the guber race come November2017 as the "youth choice".

In their own words

"It is time the Younger Generation take up their role as Key Stakeholders in the business of Politics. It is on this note that Anambra New Generation Vanguard in partnership with over 21 key and strategic Youth groups in the State decided to research and present a Young Anambrarian who will represent the agenda of the Younger Generation in the upcoming November elections".

On the strength of the above, the youths of Anambra State presents to Anambrarians, a credible young man whose rising profile matches with the aspiration of the Youths. Presents not just a youth but a young man with a sound academic background, a young philanthropist who has touched the lives of many despite earning a monthly salary.

NOW WHO IS THE CHOSEN ONE?

Ladies and Gentlemen after due consultations with different Youth Groups, Student Union bodies, Youth based faith organizations whose representatives are seated with us here today, the Youths of Anambra State with one voice wish to use this medium to urge Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo to fly the flag of the Youths in the upcoming Governorship Elections. In their own words,

WE URGE ENGR JOHNBOSCO ONUNKWO TO PREENT HIMSELF TO RUN FOR GOVERNOR IN THE UPCOMING GUBER ELECTION AS THE CANDIDATE OF THE YOUTHS AND THAT HE HAS THE SUPPORT OF OVER 2 MILLION YOUTHS SCATTERED ALL ACROSS THE 21 LGAs IN THE STATE.

They went further to say that Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo has proven himself to be whom the younger generation desire to represent them in the state government. Stating the many achievements of Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo, the youths noted that he recently organized a program sometime in February, which the youths of Anambra greatly benefited from.

"He engineered the NEW CONVERSTAION among Young Anambrarians, a New Conversation that gave a new thinking to the Youths. A conversation that gave responsibility to Anambrarians to believe and give the Youths a chance, a Conversation that gave the Youths reasons to rally round and support their own come November".

In their closing statements they acknowledged that in as much as they are aware that a youth might not have the financial muscle to pull through this election, they have decided that every Youth is a Stakeholder and Financier of this Agenda and promised that the youths are willing to support this movement Morally, Spiritually, Financially and otherwise.

In the same vein, the Anambra youths through the press conference humbly urged Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo to formally accept or decline this offer within the next 21 days as the Youths are keenly awaiting his response to this Clarion Call.

The press conference had the support and presence of
different Youth Groups, Student Union bodies and Youth based faith organizations. Some of them included but not limited to

GRASSROOT MOBILIZATION FOR DEVELOPMENT (GMDA)
ANAMBRA YOUTHS FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE (AYGG)
YOUTH AGENDA FOR ADVANCEMENT OF DEMOCRACY (YAAD)
ANAMBRA YOUTHS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY
ANAMBRA CHRISTIAN YOUTHS (ACY)
JOHNBOSCO ONUNKWO SOLIDARITY FANS CLUB (TEAM JOSFAC)
ANAMBRA YOUNG WOMEN INITIATIVE

Finally it is a question of

WHO IS ENGR. JOHNBOSCO ONUNKWO?

Story for another day, kindly wait on it...

Politics / Breaking: Buhari Returns Tomorrow by 1click(f): 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari will return to Nigeria on Friday, according to Femi Adesina his media adviser.

Buhari left Nigeria on 19 January for a vacation in London and was scheduled to return to work on 6 February. However, he requested for an extension of his holiday, following the recommendation of his doctors.

NAN

More to follow.
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/03/breaking-buhari-returns-tomorrow.html?m=1

Politics / Patrick Chidolue Message To The Youths On His 54th Birthday by 1click(f): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2017
On the privileged occasion of my birthday today, I thank my God who has enabled me live up to age 54. To God alone be the glory and praise. Let me use this medium to appreciate my wife, children, family members, employees, friends and well wishers who have stood with me all through these years.

Like every young person I started with dreams and aspirations, a believe that tomorrow holds a better deal for me amidst challenges of life. On this special occasion of my birthday I extend words of encouragement to every young person, man and woman; believe that your dreams can come through because dreams do come through.

I thank you all and as you remember my birthday with me, my prayers are that God will also reward you.

Chief Patrick Chidolue.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/03/patrick-chidolue-message-to-youths-on.html

Webmasters / Get 5000 Massive Traffic To Your Blog by 1click(f): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2017
Bloggers with Creativity has an opportunity to reach Their targeted visitors with the help maxvist with this simple methods

Simple procedures to carry out Maxvisits visit free trial, you get 100% free trial of the site or items in two distinct strides.

Step one:

You compose an article of no less than a couple sentences about Maxvist.com simply like the one you're perusing now, and post it on your site or blog.

More details
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/get-5000-massive-traffic-to-your-blog.html?m=1
Politics / Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by 1click(f): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Anambra PDP calls for Obiano’s impeachment •Petitions State House of Assembly

By Pamela Eboh, Awka ‎

Chairman of Anambra State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Ken Emeakayi, has called on the State House of Assembly to impeach Governor Willie Obiano for what it described as his constitutional breaches.

According to the party, the Governor embarked on a 30 days journey abroad without transmitting a letter to that effect to the State House of Assembly as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It urged the House to commence impeachment process on Obiano for violating the constitution he swore to uphold.

The party noted that the Governor on his return from the overseas trip also failed to transmit a letter to the House upon his return, adding that the development has made the Obiano unfit to continue as the Governor of the state.

Emeakayi said: “We have written to the Police, DSS and other security agencies in the country to let them know that the Governor is now acting illegally.

“We have duly notified the State House of Assembly in a separate letter and we are calling on them to immediately commence impeachment proceedings on the Governor because his offence is very clear,

“Obiano had on the 5th of January, at the peak of the yuletide travelled to the US, without transmitting a letter to the House of Assembly, and stayed 30 days without his deputy acting as governor and as such not fit to continue with the task upon return. He is no longer the governor of this state by this breach.”

PDP further reeled out Obiano’s other offences to include the non conduct of local government elections in the state as required by section seven of the constitution saying that it was also a constitutional offence for impeachment.

The party observed that there were plans by the Governor to appoint caretaker committee leadership into the Local Government councils, instead of holding elections to democratise that tier of government.

Source: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/anambra-pdp-calls-for-obianos.html?m=1

3 Likes

Sports / Siasia Applies For Bafana Bafana Job by 1click(f): 7:01am On Feb 17, 2017
Former Super Eagles’ coach Samson Siasia has applied for the plum job of the South Africa senior national football team, the Bafana Bafana.

Siasia is one of over 60 applicants seeking to get the job of the team.

Cameroon’s Belgian coach Hugo Broos who led the Indomitable Lions to victory about 11 days ago at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon, also applied for the job.

Several big names have applied, including Italians Roberto Mancini and Giovanni Trapattoni as well as Germans Lothas Matthaus and Bernd Schuster.

Hassan Shehata, who led Egypt to three Nations Cup titles is also on the list.

The names of the coaches were revealed by the South African Football Association (SAFA) on Thursday.

SAFA also revealed that former internationals Lucas Radebe and Benni McCarthy would form part of the committee to find the new national coach.

Radebe was a long-standing captain of Bafana Bafana while McCarthy, who has just completed his UEFA Pro A coaching licence, is South Africa’s record goalscorer.

“The committee … will draw up a short list, deliberate (on) it before naming the suitable candidate in (the) coming days,” a SAFA statement said.

Clive Barker, who guided South Africa to its sole Africa Cup of Nations win in 1996, and Neil Tovey, who captained the side that day, are also on the committee.

“We want to have the process expedited as Bafana Bafana have a bumper 2017 season in which they need to compete and qualify on three fronts,’’ said SAFA President Dr Danny Jordaan.

“We need the coach to be in place when we play two friendly matches in March,’’ he added.

South Africa have to participate in the qualifying competition for the 2018 World Cup and 2019 Nations Cup.

They will also try to reach next year’s African Nations Championship (CHAN), the tournament for Africans who play in their own domestic league.

South Africa’s coaching job became vacant in December when Ephraim “Shakes’’ Mashaba was sacked for “gross misconduct.’’

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/siasia-applies-for-bafana-bafana-job.html?m=1

Lalastica, Seun

Politics / Earn From War Against Corruption by 1click(f): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
**EARN FROM WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION**

-Federal Govt Launches Anti-Corruption/Whistle Blowing Mobile App.

Have your heard about the Federal Govt policy to curb corruption?

Have you heard about whistle blowing policy?

Do you know that the Federal Govt launched an anti-corruption mobile app known as 'WAHALA DEY'

For every corrupt act on recovery of stolen fund exposed by you, you will receive 2.5% minimum to 5% minimum of the fund recovered.

The fight against corruption is not only for govt but also for me and you.

Join the war and earn from it.

If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill us.

Simply go to your Google app stores, search for Wahala Dey and download.

The app is free.

All report is highly confidential.

If you discover any stolen fund from public/private sector hidden or being lodged in an undisclosed location or acct, simply use the application and tender your report.

Together, we shall kill corruption in Nigeria.

I have gotten mine, so go and download yours.

Thank you.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/earn-from-war-against-corruption.html?m=1

Lalastica, Seun

Properties / Photo Gallery Of The Damages From Yesterday Fire Break Out by 1click(f): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Some of the damages caused by fuel tanker about yesterday night at DMGS roundabout, destroyed many buildings nd killing one kid,may him/her soul rest in peace.Amen

More pictures:
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/photo-gallery-of-damages-from-yesterday.html?m=1

Culled Anstalk.com

Lalastica, Seun

Properties / Photo Gallery Of The Damages From Yesterday Fire Break Out by 1click(f): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Some of the damages caused by fuel tanker about yesterday night at DMGS roundabout, destroyed many buildings nd killing one kid,may him/her soul rest in peace.Amen

More pictures:
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/photo-gallery-of-damages-from-yesterday.html?m=1

Culled Anstalk.com

Lalastica, Seun

Travel / Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by 1click(f): 2:11am On Feb 16, 2017
This is what happened in my area tonight

Fuel tanker had brake failure, and fail, if you see explosion,

But it took like five minutes before it started to
blow, so people ran away quickly, cos it fell in front of a filling station

I can't believe my eyes

Then before we knew it,the fire started burning people's houses

One by one

It was spreading

To our great surprise one nonsense fire service car that came and before you know it, the thing drove off

For complete two hours we still trying to stop fire

It started around 8pm,but it was about 10.30pm that good fire service came from delta but by then things has gone worst

Many lost their business, while others lost their homes

If you see people been frustrated ehhhh, the first house that caught fire, people had to carry the owner a woman out by force, cos she said we should just leave her to be burnt as well

Two filling station was erased completely

Na in the morning that we will see the rate of damages done

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/two-filling-station-was-erased.html?m=1

Lalastica, Seun

Politics / Buhari Returns On Saturday by 1click(f): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2017
All things being equal, President Muhammadu Buhari, may return to Nigeria from his vacation to the United Kingdom on Saturday.

Leadership newspaper quoting a source said on Thursday that except there would be any last minute change, all is set for Buhari’s return.

The newspaper relied on the source, a senior official in the presidency, who spoke in confidence.

“Barring any last minute change, we are expecting the president back this weekend, probably on Saturday,” it quoted the source.

Read more on Buhari’s return on Leadership newspaper

Throwing more light on Buhari’s state of health, the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, confirmed that President is healthy and in high spirits.

Saraki, through his twitter handle @bukolasaraki said that he spoke with the President on Wednesday night and he (President Buhari was in high spirit).

“Happy to have spoken with President Buhari tonight tonight. He was in good spirits and joked about my working late into the night, as usual.

Saraki has joined the list of many prominent Nigerians who have confirmed that they have spoke with President Buhari and found that he was healthy and in high spirit.

Meanwhile, Hajiya Rakiya, the only surviving elder sister of President Buhari, has appealed to Nigerians to continue to pray for the well being of the President, instead of spreading rumours about his health.

In an interview with a correspondent of the News agency of Nigeria in Daura, Katsina state, the 84-year-old said the president needed the prayers of every Nigerian for him to succeed in the task of addressing the problems facing the nation.

She said President Buhari being a mortal is bound to fall ill or even die “at any time his Creator wishes’’.

She said she speaks with the president every day since his departure to London on his annual leave and he is in high spirit.

“I just returned from the lesser Hajj and even while in Saudi Arabia I was communicating with him every day,” Rakiya popularly called Amadodo told NAN.

She said while in Saudi Arabia, she communicated with him every ten hours”

“We were 28 from our mother late Hajiya Zulaihatu who died in 1992,but Buhari was her last born” she said.
A cross section of the people in the ancient city, who spoke with NAN, said they were dismayed with some Nigerians , spreading unfounded rumours about the president’s health.

Alhaji Abdulman Daura, the Northwest organising secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), described the rumoured death and state of health of the president as baseless and unfounded.

Daura said Buhari is in good health and is only conducting a routine medical checkup in the United Kingdom.

He advised the opposition to always be constructive and avoid campaign of hate and calumny, adding that it is only God that gives health and takes life.

Similarly, Alhaji Aminu Na-Dari, a close ally of President Muhammadu Buhari said he has also been in constant touch with the president since his departure and their conversation did not in anyway indicate that he is having any health challenge.

He said the current economic hardship was not caused by the present administration. On the contrary, the Buhari government has been working hard to remedy the situation.

A group of students of the School of Health Technology Daura described the rumour as unfortunate and asked the National Association of Nigerian Students to issue a statement condemning the rumour.

Read more:
http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/buhari-returns-on-saturday.html?m=1

Politics / CHIEF PATRICK CHIDOLUE, SIGN MOU WITH ANAMBRA STATE GOVT ON MECHANISED COM AGRIC by 1click(f): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2017
DEMONSTRATING THAT PRIVATE INVESTORS HAVE A PIVOTAL ROLE IN NATIONAL ECONOMY

The memorandum of understanding which was signed for the development of large scale mechanised agriculture project worth 68 billion naira in Anyemelum local government area of Anamabra state had the executive Governor of Anambra state on the occasion express his delight that the project will contribute to his transformation program and create jobs for residents of the state.

Chief Patrick Chidolue, Chairman Chelsea Group Ltd, who spoke of his desire to partner with the Anambra state government in creating jobs and enhancing export of food items from Anambra cited the prevailing peaceable security in the state as an incentive to investors to invest in the state.

Chief Patrick Chidolue promised the willingness of Chelsea Group to complete the project in record time. Governor Willie Obiano stressed that the project will not only help to check the challenge of food security but also provide jobs for the teeming youths in the state which could be to the tune of employing one thousand youths. The area of concentration for the mechanised agriculture projects includes cultivation of maize, cassava and soya beans.

Chelsea Group is an investment company that has invested in mechanised agriculture in Nigeria and has huge expertise in various subsidiary companies notable amongst which includes Patnasonic Industries Limited – a company that employs over One Thousand and Two Hundred Staff (1,200) with presence in Lagos, Abuja and Anambra States.

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-it9withhII

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/chief-patrick-chidolue-to-sign-mou-with.html?m=1

Via anstalk.com

Lalastica, Seun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.