Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

1naira50kobo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1naira50kobo's Profile / 1naira50kobo's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Crime / Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by 1naira50kobo: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Imagine if your friend or any of his gang member is on nairaland reading this. They would know someone has knowledge of their planned kidnapping. Coming here to ASK for Opinion on nairaland is selling yourself out indirectly. If I am your alleged friend and I happen to read this, I'll know 100% it's coming from you.

I'll ask the MODS to delete this post already because you are putting yourself in harms way.

PS: You should inform the Feds already anonymously and give detailed information. I think they can pick it up from there

6 Likes

Sports / Re: Inside Neymar's Mammoth PSG Contract That Will Make Him Most Expensive Player by 1naira50kobo: 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Earning more than 1 Billion Naira per month embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

and I have two legs, head, chest

Fara Lawd
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Need A Job From Nairaland by 1naira50kobo: 7:18am On Jul 24, 2017
Please guys this is very important to me. You can help me by mentioning seun. I've been into depression and suicidal thoughts has crossed my mind severally. I'm not a lazy person and don't believe in quick money. Please seun I'm really looking forward to this, help a bro, save a soul.

Thanks
Jobs/Vacancies / Need A Job From Nairaland by 1naira50kobo: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
Dear Seun,
I am writing this post using my second account due to some reasons best known to me. I am a graduate in Information Technology from a reputable University in the UK. I'm currently in Nigeria and due to the current economic situation in the country, it has been difficult getting a place to work temporarily/permanently.

I intend to use this post to appeal to you to offer me a job on Nairaland. I've been an active member (my official account) since 2006. I spend more than half of my day here on Nairaland and I feel I have what it takes to run/handle any role assigned to me smoothly. Also, I have 24/7 internet access and also intend to use my Mac Book Pro as my potential working platform.

I will be glad to hear from you as I'm ready to go through your preferred selection process to check if I'm best fit for whatever role you have to offer.

Thanks

I'll be delighted to at least, get a response from you. smiley

PS: Please guys help a bro, rally round for me and make seun see this, half bread is better than nothing, idleness is killing me at home and I'm using this as an SOS lest I get tempted to join the fast money lane (G Boys Crew). I do hope something positive comes out of this.

CC: seun
NYSC / Re: Latest Official Information For NYSC 2017 BATCH A Stream 2 Pcms by 1naira50kobo: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
Please is there any possibility of still registering?
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2017
TEECANN:

I guess that's why it's called SKILLED IMMIGRATION PROGRAMME. Work experience weigh in heavily in the process. If you haven't worked for a minimum of 1 year in a nominated occupation, I don't know how you want to cure that lacuna.

Cheers.

Yea but I've seen guys on here get grants without work experience and because they managed to get their 60 / 65 points
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2017
elirab:
Hello house.
I will be graduating from the UK this year in Information Systems. So far so good, my results are out and I smashed it. It was until my final year that I regretted coming to the UK for BSc as it is difficult staying back to work after studies. Let me cut the story short and go straight to the point.
I have read from the first page to a reasonable length and known somethings, but I have some questions to ask.

I applied to ACS for assessment, (used my transcript + letter of completion in place of degree certificate) and also placement and part time jobs as work experience and within 6 days, I got a positive assessment.

I have written IELTS and L/R/W/S = 9/9/8.5/9

I'm 23 years old now and wouldn't be 25 till November 2018.

So as it stands now I have 60 points

IELTS - 20
AGE - 25
BSc - 15

For this year while going through this thread, I found out that for ACS, 65 points required to get ITA.

Now I did some research about how to get additional 5 points and found out that I can get state nomination.

Searched for states nominating and found out that some have at least 2 years minimum work experience which I don't have and can't produce because of my letter of assessment from ACS, they sum my work experience to 1 yr 2 months and said only post BSc amounts to work experience that can be claimed.

HOUSE please what do you guys suggest I should do in this case.

PS: Sorry for the long story and explanation.
Thanks

This is some how my plight as well just that I finished a year ago. Bro I'm filled with regrets also on why I chose UK over Canada / Australia for studies.
Travel / Re: N4M PER NIGHT Ski Chalet Suite In Kempinski Mall Of Emirates Dubai By Jaaruma by 1naira50kobo: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
piagetskinner:
pls what's the exchange rate again

I'm wondering how $8250 amounts to 4m

I tire o. The hotel is expensive but the amount they calling in Naira is pure exaggerated
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2017
sofi05:
Send me an inbox. I can give you tips for listening which is one of the easiest parts.

Sent you a PM
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2017
My result came out R/W/S/L 7/7/7/6.5

registered for another IELTS again

If there's anyone with nice material please drop it..or anyone within PH axis that wanna study together please indicate

Cheers

2 Likes

Career / What Business Can Someone Start With 1.5 Million Naira. by 1naira50kobo: 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
I'm a first degree holder in an IT field. So far so good, nothing really rosy out there in this country so I want to start up something.

Had ideas about creating a dating app (Badoo / Tinder) the Nigerian version of it. I've used both (Badoo and Tinder) within and outside Nigeria and as a Nigerian, there are some specifications that doesn't go well with it. I've asked like ten guys in a Uni in Nigeria if they would fancy (my new idea) on the dating app and they all yelled HELL YES. I can code but not a full time coder.

Apart from that I've been looking at Agriculture (Fish / Poulty)

If you were to be in possession of 1.5 million, what will you come up with? I don't mind partnering with anyone
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=Alphadoor post=57182462][/quote]

Well 65pts is for the concluded year... HOPEFULLY it may drop to 60 for the new year.

Does the new year start in 1st July ?

And how can I know if the points were dropped to 60* or stayed at 65*

That being said, partner points (5) is available. Pls note partner is not only married people...there is A de facto relationship status which is acceptable

I'll think about this later and see it as last option as I don't want anything to complicate my life in the near future

You can equally look at visa 190 which gives you 5 pts..
Please can you briefly tell me the difference between the 190 and 189.

Thanks
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello House

So here is my final option

BSc - 15 Points
Age - 25 points
**wouldn't turn 25 until December 2018**
English --- 20 points ** awaiting result.

Done assessment for Developer Programmer with ACS and got +ve assessment.

Now I've been told I'll beed 65 points to scale through at EOI.

Question: What is/are my chance(s) of getting state nomination to add up to my potential 60 points as I can not afford to wait till December 2018 to get additional 5 point via age.

Thanks
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 8:15pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=Azy123 post=57064595]

Hello 1naira50Kobo. Nice post

Which occupation are you nominating. I hope you know that for most IT profession on the SOL list ( or whatever they have change it to now) required 65 pts. with the calc above without work experience and with 20 pts in english you will get 60 points. It seems you are gunning for state nomination. website designer??

you have a +ve assessment from ACS already. You graduated in 2016. in order to help others out can you give answers to the questions below. Or maybe some tips on how you have done it. (Not the full details grin). Because I know someone on this thread in a somewhat similar situation. Others will benefit too.

1) Did you submit reference letter for part time or full time work experience with hours greater than 20 hrs per week during the same duration as your study for bachelor degree.( i.e concurrently) and was it accepted?

I submitted reference letter for full time (Before I went to Uni and after I left Uni) and also part time (When I was in Uni). ACS returned my assessment with 5 years 1 months in total.

2) Did you submit reference letter for the work done prior to yoour admission into university and was it accepted.

Yes, and it was accepted

3) How many years were deducted all together from the above to give you the +VE assesment?

They calculated all and gave me 5 years 1 month

4) I guess your skill met date is your day of completion of your Bsc. Is that correct?

Yes but later got to find out that my Experience was meant to be post BSc. That means after my graduationin 2016, so now I'm aiming not to claim points from work experience

Thanks

cc classichsy
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 2:07pm On May 29, 2017
Bnimz:
Age - 25 points
Bachelors degree - 15 points
This is exactly same as mine. I just got my assessment done and I'm at the stage of writing English exam to claim 20 points

English - 20 points

Did you write IELTS or PTE-A

Please can you kindly assist me with materials you used for your study in the English test.
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:21am On May 29, 2017
Please, can anyone help me with materials for PTE-A as I'm aiming to score 79 and above in each band to grab the 20 points off the English test. Please any advice/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:10am On May 29, 2017
Alphadoor:

Please how were you able to get +ve assessment from ACS if you graduated in 2016.
Because ACS requires you to have 2 to 8 years minimum experience after date of graduation.

Except you have an Australian bachelor degree which requires 1yr.

What school and course is your degree related to

UK

5 yrs experience (10pts). Am sorry sir but you might have calculated wrong.

Yes I think I did a wrong calculation but right now I'm aiming to get 20 points off the English test and not claim points from Work Experience

Age points is the only thing looking right here...

No you are wrong.

Please help me understand better because am not understanding
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:09am On May 28, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Your experience should be post graduation.....don't think you can claim any experience prior to 2016.

I'm sorry that might sound like a bad news.

OK thanks

So if I can get a 20 from my English test making my total point 60 without work experience,

can that fly?

PS: Can I also write PTE-A (Is it valid instead of IELTS)
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 9:36am On May 28, 2017
Hello, I have done my assessment with ACS and got a positive response.

Here are my points claimed.

Age 24 -------------- 25 Points
BSc degree --------- 15 Points
Work XP (5 Years) --10 Points

IELTS ----------------10 Points
**awaiting IELTS result but am hopeful of getting 7 across the 4 sections.

Is PTE-A also accepted?

Now the company I worked for, I did some work for them before I got into Uni and was also working for them while in Uni, I graduated in 2016 and stopped working for them January 2017. You know all these small companies that aren't fully registered but handle web design and all that. I was being paid though but was paid in cash, not through the bank and no pay slip.

Now someone said when I do my EOI and get my ITA that I'll have to produce either a payslip, bank statement or tax clearance. Truth is, there is no bank statement (wasn't paid through bank, and no tax clearance as well). But I can produce a payslip with the company letter head and get the MD to sign.

My question is, can that be accepted, and if it isn't accepted what alternatives do I have as I'll be left with 50 points if I drop my work experience.

Thank you all

PS: Please if there's anyone here that has a template for payslip format used in Nigeria, here is my email 1naira50kobo@gmail.com

I just opened that email for this purpose so no fear of being spam/scammed

CC: Bnimz
Romance / Re: lll by 1naira50kobo: 6:47pm On May 03, 2017
So finally she saw he period.

I'll use a condom next time guys .

grin grin grin
Romance / Re: lll by 1naira50kobo: 4:53am On May 01, 2017
IamAirforce1:
Good news for you guys if she gets pregnant.

Abi you no want her to get preggy yet?

Not yet bro

1 Like

Romance / Re: lll by 1naira50kobo: 4:53am On May 01, 2017
IamAirforce1:
Good news for you guys if she gets pregnant.

Abi you no want her to get preggy yet?

1 Like

Romance / Re: lll by 1naira50kobo: 4:45am On May 01, 2017
ugosonics:
Possibility of her getting pregnant is there depending on when she ovulate. Human Sperm can last upto 72 hours in female genital And besides how many days is her cycle? Anyways don't panic yet till she sees her period.

H

1 Like

Romance / lll by 1naira50kobo: 4:37am On May 01, 2017
moipi

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.